The Pill: For Dudes

The Pill: For Dudes

• Sure! Don't see why not.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • I'm opposed to this. Yeeesh.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Dude. Gross.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dude. Ummm...can we just talk about football?

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

1PeaceMaker

Or adoption as opposed to depopulation. There are an awful lot of good couples out there wanting children who can not have them.

I think if God gives you the kids you shouldn't be a deadbeat. Kids have feelings and rights. They want to be with their parents.

What I'd like to see in adoptions would be childless couples adopting young families as godparents, rather than pushing the parents aside completely, as traditional adoption does.

The American adoption culture is just a little too much for me.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is in the works, and will probably be a reality--at least in a few countries; stateside, you never know--within a decade.

So, question. If a birth control pill were available for men, who here would be cool with it? Cool with using it? Opposed? Ambivalent? UTTERLY FREAKED OUT?:think:

I wonder why it took this long ... :think:

Buzzword

I wonder why it took this long ... :think:

This.
Shooting blanks at a brick wall is always safer than trying to fortify the wall to stand up to armor-piercing rounds.

I recently discussed this very concept with a couple of friends in med-school, and most of the challenge in developing male birth control apparently stems from the fact that the testes never stop producing semen, so there isn't a way to "trick" them into temporary infertility like many female birth control medications do by simulating pregnancy.

But if someone's found a way, even if it involves a slow-acting internal spermicide, bring it on already!

IMJerusha

I think if God gives you the kids you shouldn't be a deadbeat. Kids have feelings and rights. They want to be with their parents.

I understand but it's easier for some to have sex than to deal with the consequences. Besides, adoptive parents are parents.

What I'd like to see in adoptions would be childless couples adopting young families as godparents, rather than pushing the parents aside completely, as traditional adoption does.

An innovative idea with pluses and minuses especially since it's not typically "young families" having children out of wedlock. Additionally, traditional adoption typically involves deceased parents or parents willingly giving up their rights. It's not usually a case of pushing parents aside.

The American adoption culture is just a little too much for me.
Better than a woman stuck with responsibility she does not want or a child in a trash dumpster or worse. Sorry, I've seen too much of that.

1PeaceMaker

I understand but it's easier for some to have sex than to deal with the consequences. Besides, adoptive parents are parents.
Better adoption than murder. But other than that... it's cruel to children. I don't believe that people that adopt are the same as those who are blood parents. Not to the children, although I know some non-blood caregivers are just as loving. Children are hurt and insulted to be treated like their desire for their blood relatives can just be swapped for surrogates. I find that at least problematic.

An innovative idea with pluses and minuses especially since it's not typically "young families" having children out of wedlock.
A mother and child are a family. Even unmarried couples with a child are still making a family. Just not the conventional or perhaps even the ideal way.

Additionally, traditional adoption typically involves deceased parents or parents willingly giving up their rights. It's not usually a case of pushing parents aside.
But the methods to convince mothers involve heavy duty compliance/manipulation tactics in many - if not most situations. God joined mother and child together, who's to part them? Should fallible men reassign parents any more than gender?

Better than a woman stuck with responsibility she does not want or a child in a trash dumpster or worse. Sorry, I've seen too much of that.

I do agree that it's better than abandonment and murder. But that's about it. Most moms don't choose between adoption and a dumpster. They choose between being frowned on and "not being enough" and "better parents."

OCTOBER23

GRANITE GRANITE GRANITE

Having difficulties these days as you get OLDER are you ??????????????

Let me propose an Alternate Substance.

As a Man gets past 25 his natural supply of Testosterone diminishes

which supports muscle production and overall vital health for a man

along with many other natural hormones that make up the whole physique.

I Suppliment my diminishing Testosterone with an over the counter gel capsule

called ANDRIOL . ANDRIOL , along with Tribulus and other vitamins maintains

support of my physiology . Here is a YOUTUBE that might help your condition.

https://youtu.be/tLmzn8i64rc

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
GRANITE GRANITE GRANITE

Having difficulties these days as you get OLDER are you ??????????????

Let me propose an Alternate Substance.

As a Man gets past 25 his natural supply of Testosterone diminishes

which supports muscle production and overall vital health for a man

along with many other natural hormones that make up the whole physique.

I Suppliment my diminishing Testosterone with an over the counter gel capsule

called ANDRIOL . ANDRIOL , along with Tribulus and other vitamins maintains

support of my physiology . Here is a YOUTUBE that might help your condition.

https://youtu.be/tLmzn8i64rc

Sleeper Spambot... :noid: Turing is a dust devil in his urn.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Three lucky male baboons were injected with Vasalgel and given unrestricted sexual access to 10 to 15 female baboons each. Despite the fact that they have been monkeying around for six months now, no female baboons have been impregnated.

:chuckle:

Is that how human trials will work too? :eek:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Three lucky male baboons were injected with Vasalgel and given unrestricted sexual access to 10 to 15 female baboons each. Despite the fact that they have been monkeying around for six months now, no female baboons have been impregnated.
:chuckle:

Is that how human trials will work too? :eek:
Dang, kmo, no. :nono: Beastiality is against the law.

:plain:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I would continue to affirm the constant teaching of Christ's one historic Catholic Church, which has opposed contraception of any kind...

:scripto: Are they opposed to raping little boys? :eek:linger:

:yawn: False premise

[Which is the True Church? Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries] "Roman Catholics declare that their church is the one true church founded upon Peter 2000 years ago. They say their bishops are successors of the apostles, yet none of them meet the biblical requirements (Acts 1:21-22). From the Word of God, we know that the true church is made up of all who were: chosen by the Father (2 Thes. 2:13), sanctified by the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 6:11), redeemed by the Son (Gal. 3:13) and purified by His blood (1 John 1:7).

This church submits to Christ as its Head and His Word as the authority (Col. 1:18; Luke 4:32). Each member of this church is already enrolled in heaven because they have been sealed with the Holy Spirit who is a deposit guaranteeing their eternal inheritance (Heb. 12:23; Eph. 1:13-14). They worship God in Spirit and Truth, pray to God alone and die with the assurance of being in the presence of their Savior.

The Roman Catholic Church is made up of all who: were baptized by a priest (CCC, para. 818), were sanctified by the sacrament of water baptism (CCC, 2813), are being redeemed by the Sacrifice of the Mass (CCC, 1405) and are purified by purgatory (CCC, 1472).
The Roman Catholic Church can indeed trace its roots to the church Christ established. However, as it departed from the Word of God and began following traditions of men, it became more and more corrupt. It now submits to its head, the pope, who stole the title "Head of the Church" from Jesus. Rome condemns with anathema anyone who does not embrace the "infallible dogmas" of the church. None of the members of this church are promised eternal life in heaven. They submit to what they believe to be three equal authorities: the Magisterium of Bishops, Tradition and Scripture. Catholics worship the Eucharist, pray to Mary and the Saints and die with a hope of making it to the purging fire of an unbiblical purgatory after they die.

These are two different churches on two different paths to two different destinies. One is apostolic, the other is apostate. One contends for the faith, the other has departed from the faith (1 Tim. 4:1)..." Full text: Which is the True Church?

Cruciform

Are they opposed to raping little boys?
Absolutely, as are most of the sects of Protestantism, which exhibits a higher percentage of child sexual abuse than the Catholic Church. (Perhaps you should actually know what you're talking about before presuming to comment, hmm?)

False premise...Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries
A claim is only as good as its source, which in this case is demonstrably unreliable. Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

OCTOBER23

CRUCIFORM AND HIS PRIEST BUDDIES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE MARRIED

A Bishop must be the Husband of one Wife ........