The overhyped failure that is (was?) Chipotle

musterion

what do you think is happening?

based on musterion, who I will never trust, it looks like sabotage to me

You REALLY think corporate would not put that word out if there was any hint of deliberate sabotage? If there was even the slightest chance they thought that was the case, they'd have already said so for the sake of PR. "See? The repeated food poisoning is not OUR fault, it's some vast right-wing conspiracy of homophobes [by your logic] out to destroy Chipotle."

Stop being an idiot.

Greg Jennings

A typically smug Millennial coworker of mine just LOVES her some Chipotle and was shocked and even insulted when I began mentioning the widespread food poisoning news from over the past month or so -- she's not one to follow news a-tall. She actually took a degree of personal offense that someone would dare question her chain restaurant fad of choice. I said hey, just trying to help. Enjoy the joint while you can. When the lawsuits start you'll be back going to Taco Bell. And lo, the suits have begun.

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-chipotle-food-safety-crisis/

I ate at the place exactly once while in Ohio, back when the hype was still hot. The portion was a decent size but I was completely unimpressed with the flavor and the price and never went back.

If Blue Bell ice cream didn't go under with the whole listeria problem, I doubt that chipotle will due to this E. Coli mess. Delicious food has a way of bouncing back

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
what do you think is happening?

based on musterion, who I will never trust, it looks like sabotage to me

Both the company and health officials have said they may never know the cause of the outbreaks of E. Coli because they can't test any of the food involved, it was already gone from those locations. One issue that came up was that Chipotle gets about 10% of its ingredients from local suppliers, which means it's harder to standardize testing across the chain. That's something they're having to take a look at, and will likely end up with a more centralized system after all, which is why Musterion's calling them hypocritical. I don't see it that way. They've tried to source responsibly, and they're finding out that may not be possible the way they envisioned it (at least not yet) in a chain that size, and that's a shame. That they may be forced to adopt centralization and processing methods they were proud of not using prior isn't something to be gloated over, I never cease to be amazed at the attitudes of some here.

This is a company that employs about 45,000 people, supports small farm and ranch suppliers, and feeds almost a million customers a day, and apparently the vast majority of those customers seem to do just fine. It's not ever good for someone to be sickened by the food they eat, but it happens a lot. I wonder if the outbreaks had happened to Chick-Fil-A if certain people here would be a lot more sympathetic to the company involved.

Most of the meals I eat I make myself, from scratch. I do like eating out once in a while though, and if it has to be fast, I'll go to Chipotle.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why, have you worked there?

:think:

Merry Christmas ya big crank.

:e4e:

The reason I asked the above question is because fags are afflicted with various diseases, some of which are e coli related.

Epididymitis affects gay men at a much higher rate than straight men most likely because of increased incidence of STDs that affect the urethra as well as unprotected anal sex among many gay men. Feces in the anal canal are the source of E. coli (Escherichia coli) bacteria that can also cause epididymitis.
http://americansfortruth.com/2012/0...ociated-with-gay-sex-and-homosexual-behavior/

According to the CDC, e coli can be spread by people who don't wash their hands after using the restroom.

It is also spread by people who have not washed their hands after going to the toilet.
http://www.cdc.gov/ecoli/qa_ecoli_sickness.htm

Arthur Brain

The reason I asked the above question is because fags are afflicted with various diseases, some of which are e coli related.

Epididymitis affects gay men at a much higher rate than straight men most likely because of increased incidence of STDs that affect the urethra as well as unprotected anal sex among many gay men. Feces in the anal canal are the source of E. coli (Escherichia coli) bacteria that can also cause epididymitis.
http://americansfortruth.com/2012/0...ociated-with-gay-sex-and-homosexual-behavior/

According to the CDC, e coli can be spread by people who don't wash their hands after using the restroom.

It is also spread by people who have not washed their hands after going to the toilet.
http://www.cdc.gov/ecoli/qa_ecoli_sickness.htm

Well of course it was aCW, no male homosexuality obsession of yours going on whatsoever, no indeed...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well of course it was aCW, no male homosexuality obsession of yours going on whatsoever, no indeed...

It not like deadly diseases have never been spread before by sodomites Art.

31quilt_capitol.jpg

Greg Jennings

It not like deadly diseases have never been spread before by sodomites Art.

31quilt_capitol.jpg

So aCW, since you can now take a pill to eliminate all symptoms of AIDS, why is AIDS still more concerning to you than other far deadlier diseases?

For example, alcohol abuse leads to liver disease, and there's no magic pill to fix a scarred up liver. Why aren't you worried about that?