The Order of Salvation

Samie

All what? All men? No, only those who obey the Gospel (believing) are sanctified in Christ Jesus.
When did Jeremiah start believing? He was sanctified before birth, remember? see Jer 1:5. And God, being IMPARTIAL (Rom 2:11; Eph 6:9), does not play favorites.

God's Truth

When did Jeremiah start believing? He was sanctified before birth, remember? see Jer 1:5. And God, being IMPARTIAL (Rom 2:11; Eph 6:9), does not play favorites.

Just because God knows what we will do before we do it that does not mean we are all sanctified before we believe.

Jeremiah was set to be a prophet of God's. Paul says that he himself was too. However, Paul was one of the cut off and had to believe and obey Jesus to be saved.

Even the righteous Jeremiah, Moses and Abraham had to be made perfect by Jesus' blood.

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

glorydaz

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

Well, we can keep going over these same verses again and again, but it's pretty pointless. I'll speak to this one. Look at what Paul has already said in this letter. It most certainly is NOT about working for salvation. :sigh:

Paul is speaking of the obedience of faith.....believing and trusting in God.

Phil. 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Phil. 1:9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Phil. 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.​

Here again....the obedience of faith....believing.

2 Thessalonians 1:8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.​

A person can't keep doing them and call it good.

There are many things a believer does that can't be called "good", but we don't get saved by doing good, and we don't stay saved by doing good. We are saved by trusting and believing, and we stay saved because He is faithful even when we are not. Be confident in HIM...trust in HIM. That is the obedience of faith.

glorydaz

Jeremiah was set apart for the Lord's service from before he was born. It isn't a matter of playing favorites. It's a matter of God's purposes. He had a special purpose for a Jeremiah.

Leviticus 27:14
And when a man shall sanctify his house to be holy unto the Lord, then the priest shall estimate it, whether it be good or bad: as the priest shall estimate it, so shall it stand.​

God's Truth

Well, we can keep going over these same verses again and again, but it's pretty pointless. I'll speak to this one. Look at what Paul has already said in this letter. It most certainly is NOT about working for salvation. :sigh:

Paul is speaking of the obedience of faith.....believing and trusting in God.

Phil. 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Phil. 1:9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Phil. 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.​

Here again....the obedience of faith....believing.

2 Thessalonians 1:8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.​

There are many things a believer does that can't be called "good", but we don't get saved by doing good, and we don't stay saved by doing good. We are saved by trusting and believing, and we stay saved because He is faithful even when we are not. Be confident in HIM...trust in HIM. That is the obedience of faith.

We have to obey. There is no way around it. Jesus says more than 'believe'. We have to have living faith not dead faith. Even the demons believe and do something.

Robert Pate

Banned
We have to obey. There is no way around it. Jesus says more than 'believe'. We have to have living faith not dead faith. Even the demons believe and do something.

You sure sound like a Catholic.

You must, you must, you must and it you don't, you are anathema.

It is very apparent that you have no understanding of the Gospel and justification by faith.

Samie

Jeremiah was set apart for the Lord's service from before he was born. It isn't a matter of playing favorites. It's a matter of God's purposes. He had a special purpose for a Jeremiah.

Leviticus 27:14
And when a man shall sanctify his house to be holy unto the Lord, then the priest shall estimate it, whether it be good or bad: as the priest shall estimate it, so shall it stand.​
Sanctification is God's work for man, accomplished through the offering of the body of Christ.

KJV Hebrews 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

And WE, all, are the Body of Christ!

God's Truth

Sanctification is God's work for man, accomplished through the offering of the body of Christ.

KJV Hebrews 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

And WE, all, are the Body of Christ!

Samie, NO ONE is sanctified until they come to Jesus.

John 7:37
On the last and greatest day of the feast, Jesus stood up and called out in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink.

God's Truth

You sure sound like a Catholic.

You must, you must, you must and it you don't, you are anathema.

It is very apparent that you have no understanding of the Gospel and justification by faith.

You sound like a sinner who doesn't want to stop sinning, or one who just can't. You sound like someone doing Satan's job. I mean come on, listen to yourself, you don't like me saying we have to obey. I am telling everyone the secret that isn't a secret.

God's Truth

God did not wait for Jeremiah to come to Him. He sanctified him before birth. So with us.

You need to look to other translations then, since you go beyond what put aside to be a prophet means.

Jeremiah still had to believe and obey. Jeremiah still had to wait to be made perfect by the blood of Jesus.

You ignore the other scriptures. All the scriptures have to come together.

Samie

If we start out in life NOT in Christ, as majority of preachers teach, then we are hopeless. Why? Because we start life NOT plugged in to the only source of power, Christ - the power of God (1 Cor 1:24), and therefore, being powerless, we can do NOTHING, just like what Christ said (John 15:5).

But preachers continue on harping that UNLESS man does SOMETHING first - accept, believe, etc.", he cannot be plugged in to the only source of power. For them, the electric bulb MUST shine first so it can be plugged in to the source of power. And they seem not to see the falsity in their teaching.

Samie

What is wrong is to take the credit that belongs to God. He saved you first before you ever did anything, GT.
And having been saved, plugged in to the only source of power - Christ, the power of God, you now have the power to obey.

Samie

And having been saved, plugged in to the only source of power - Christ, the power of God, you now have the power to obey.
And if you disobey, then that proves you refused to overcome the evil of disobedience. And should you die disobedient, Christ will blot you out from the book of life.

God's Truth

What is wrong is to take the credit that belongs to God. He saved you first before you ever did anything, GT.

You have already been shown the scripture about the disobedient son.

You have already seen many scriptures that say to be an obedient servant.

We have to be obedient.