ECT The operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

I said
I don't believe you have a very good interpretation of that verse.
Tongues are a sign to the person the tongues are given to. Not to unbelievers outside the church. Many members of a church don't believe they have the Holy Spirit. when they speak in tongues then they believe they have the Holy Spirit. Tongues is one of the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit.

You prove that you go against the scriptures, the written Word of God.

1 Corinthians 14:22 Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers.

Maybe you are a KJV only believer.

You are rebuked with the KJV:

King James Bible
Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

God's Truth

Paul is perfectly plain in his teaching about tongues. In private prayer it is for speaking directly to God, in the assembly it is only of value when the gift of interpretation is used...in that case the value of tongues is the same as prophesying/preaching.....

Calling the false tongue speaking a "prayer language" is from an error in understanding of the scriptures explaining speaking in tongues when no one is around who understands.

It is important to realize that after the believers in the bible had the gift of speaking in tongues for the sign to the Jews...they kept the gift even when the Jews of other languages were not around.

Therefore, the tongue speakers spoke only to God when they spoke in tongues they did not understand and when no Jews from other languages were there, because, God, of course, can understand all the earthly languages.

Again, if there were no one of other languages around to understand the tongue speaker, and if the tongue speaker themselves cannot interpret what they say, then they are speaking only to God, and this speaking edified (nurtures) only the tongue speakers themselves.

Tongue speaking edifies (nurtures) only the tongue speaker when no understands; they are edified in knowing that God gave them an amazing gift (the real tongues is an amazing gift). How edifying it is for oneself just to have a gift such as speaking in tongues; that alone is what edifies.

It is a false edification when one is performing nonsense babbling.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You prove that you go against the scriptures, the written Word of God.

1 Corinthians 14:22 Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers.

Maybe you are a KJV only believer.

You are rebuked with the KJV:

King James Bible
Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

I said
Rebuked? Not hardly. Read it in context. When the church comes together. That is only members of the church. Not outsiders. And the uninformed or unbelievers(that don't know if they have the Holy Spirit yet) come in (the church). They will think your out of your mind.

1 Cor 14:22-24
22 Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe.
23 Therefore if the whole church comes together in one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those who are uninformed or unbelievers, will they not say that you are out of your mind?
24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an uninformed person comes in, he is convinced by all, he is convicted by all.
(NKJ)

God's Truth

I said
Rebuked? Not hardly. Read it in context. When the church comes together. That is only members of the church. Not outsiders. And the uninformed or unbelievers(that don't know if they have the Holy Spirit yet) come in (the church). They will think your out of your mind.

1 Cor 14:22-24
22 Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe.
23 Therefore if the whole church comes together in one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those who are uninformed or unbelievers, will they not say that you are out of your mind?
24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an uninformed person comes in, he is convinced by all, he is convicted by all.
(NKJ)

Tongues are for a sign to unbelievers OF ANOTHER LANGUAGE.

However, if an unbeliever comes in and does not understand other languages...he will think they are out of their mind.

Speaking in tongues are to speak real human languages that are foreign to the speaker.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Tongues are for a sign to unbelievers OF ANOTHER LANGUAGE.

However, if an unbeliever comes in and does not understand other languages...he will think they are out of their mind.

Speaking in tongues are to speak real human languages that are foreign to the speaker.

I said
You really do misunderstand scripture. Read 23 real slow. When the church comes together.

23 Therefore if the whole church comes together in one place,

God's Truth

I said
There comes that famous arrogance of yours. Have you ever repented? Run out thecamouflage.
All you have are insults.

Did you or not say I had a bad Bible translation?

Did you or not imply that Paul contradicted himself?

PAUL SAYS that tongues is for UNBELIEVERS.

Speaking in tongues is the speaking of other earthly languages.

If an unbeliever who understands a foreign language comes in and hears them speaking the words of God in his foreign language...then he will have a sign that what they are saying is from God.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
All you have are insults.

Did you or not say I had a bad Bible translation?

Did you or not imply that Paul contradicted himself?

If an unbeliever who understands a foreign language comes in and hears them speaking the words of God in his foreign language...then he will have a sign that what they are saying is from God.

I said
No. I said you interpret wrong. You not the bible. I showed you this before.

God's Truth

I said
No. I said you interpret wrong. You not the bible. I showed you this before.

Just believe what is written.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Stop being so dull, that is not ALL that Paul said about tongues, if you only harp on one scripture teaching you will be lop-sided, and lop-sided you are. You have to read ALL that pertains to tongues to arrive at a balanced view.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

No scripture says tongues are for unbelievers.

LA

God's Truth

Stop being so dull, that is not ALL that Paul said about tongues, if you only harp on one scripture teaching you will be lop-sided, and lop-sided you are. You have to read ALL that pertains to tongues to arrive at a balanced view.

You cannot put even one scripture aside.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You cannot put even one scripture aside.

You are putting several aside and harping on only one. That is what the Unitarians do when they only show the scriptures that proclaim Christ's manhood and ignore other scripture.

Your view is lop-sided.

Aimiel

Prophecy does serve those who believe. Those who don't believe in prophecy aren't to be counted as believers, IMHO, since most of The Holy Scriptures are prophecy and many of which are yet to be fulfilled. God has declared to His prophets that His Mystery will one day be revealed and I believe He will do so through His prophets and those who believe in prophecy. I prophesy and will do so as directed, until He says to stop. Putting His Gifts aside due to un-belief is foolishness.