ECT The operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Cross Reference, believers are both Jew and Gentile. But the early church was entirely Jewish.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The Holy Spirit reveals God's Truth and gives understanding to the scriptures.

Such as understanding what tongues were and what they were used for; and understanding that prophecies and tongues have ceased.

In other words there is no scripture but God told you personally...I reject that. Oh how I love the word of God.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I remember when I first started going to church. Wasn't baptised in the Holy Spirit, but when the pastor taught on the word during the bible study, it just burned within me. I used to get so excited, and it really confused me how people could talk about useless things after the meeting, when we'd all just received a feast. Strangely these people were not that fired up and passionate about what they believed, but God still used the ministry of the word to bless me to the max.
The ministry gift of a teacher is a wonderful gift. Oh that people would be hungry for the word, like I was all those years ago.

Yes I know it, I have been blest in coming to Winchester in finding some old Pentecostals of the old school.....they are freewillers to be sure :chuckle: but they love the Lord.

God bless you Andy....mebbe you'll have to wait till heaven....then I do believe we'll all be on the same level, mebbe not ? but I think I am not as hot for instance as Paul or Peter, it is all by grace.

God's Truth

In other words there is no scripture but God told you personally...I reject that. Oh how I love the word of God.

Speaking in tongues was a gift given, a sign, given (Isaiah 28:11) during the laying of the foundation of the Church (Hebrews 2:4). It was a sign to the Jews (Acts 2:6). Speaking in tongues has served God's purpose, God has given the sign (1Cor 14:21), and God has laid the foundation (Eph 2:20). Speaking in tongues by the Gentiles showed the Jews that God granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life (Acts 11:18). Tongue speakers spoke mysteries (1 Cor 14:2); consequently, the mystery of the gospel has been given (Eph 6:19). Speaking in tongues is the language of angels (1 Cor 13:1), angels minister to humans (Hebrews 1:14). Humans are to understand speaking in tongues in earthly languages (Acts 2:6, 11). Speaking in tongues would be “stilled” (1 Cor 13:8).

God's Truth

The believers in the Bible times who spoke in tongues, they spoke in tongues supernaturally. The believers who supposedly speak in tongues nowadays, they speak gibberish and believe God turns their gibberish into supernatural language, and that is a false doctrine.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Tongues + interpretations are for edification to the assembly. In private the speaker speaks to God.

Unbelievers always did suppose that tongues were drunken gibberish.

Cross Reference

The believers in the Bible times who spoke in tongues, they spoke in tongues supernaturally. The believers who supposedly speak in tongues nowadays, they speak gibberish and believe God turns their gibberish into supernatural language, and that is a false doctrine.

And yet, another insult.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Your gibberish is not supernatural language.

You have 3 options

1. Complain to my assembly who all accept my gift as genuine
2.complain to God who gave the gift and blesses it
3shut the heck up and mind your own business.

Prove your point by scripture you cannot.

God's Truth

You have 3 options

1. Complain to my assembly who all accept my gift as genuine
2.complain to God who gave the gift and blesses it
3shut the heck up and mind your own business.

Prove your point by scripture you cannot.

I do not have to do anything that you say.

Are you blind? I have given you many scriptures.

Your gibberish speech is not supernatural.