ECT The operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Christian? Yes. Now you need you to examine what you believe one to be. He is a disciple of Christ, which he must be, or just any old self-professed believer?
It is good for a Christian to profess his faith. But a profession of faith or a profession of oneself as a Christian or a believer is not what makes a person a Christian. Yes, a Christian ought to be a true disciple of Jesus Christ.

Cross Reference

It is good for a Christian to profess his faith. But a profession of faith or a profession of oneself as a Christian or a believer is not what makes a person a Christian. Yes, a Christian ought to be a true disciple of Jesus Christ.

Since understanding is limited to the one being discipled by the Holy Spirit and by Pentecost is He such the Teacher, how does a Christian, less than what Pentecost provides for, get understanding? Jesus told His Disciples not to leave Jerusalem without it. Where do you stand in the matter?

God's Truth

That part is true. You need to pray for that understanding.

I do have understanding.

You do not understand that gifts of tongues by the Holy Spirit were of the miraculous kind that was given as a testimony during the laying of the foundation.

God allowed people to speak in other languages supernaturally.

You believe that people speak in gibberish and that God turns it supernaturally into a real language that tells Him about what you are thinking and feeling; as if God needs you to do that.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Since understanding is limited to the one being discipled by the Holy Spirit and by Pentecost is He such the Teacher, how does a Christian, less than what Pentecost provides for, get understanding? Jesus told His Disciples not to leave Jerusalem without it. Where do you stand in the matter?
The Spirit of God dwells in believers by faith.

Does this statement of mine make sense or does it not?

The Spirit of God was not only poured out on that Pentecost day.

Cross Reference

The Spirit of God dwells in believers by faith.

Does this statement of mine make sense or does it not?

The Spirit of God was not only poured out on that Pentecost day.

When else was He poured out in the manner in which He was and as Jesus said He would be, as on the day of Pentecost?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
When else was He poured out in the manner in which He was and as Jesus said He would be as on the day of Pentecost?
On that Pentecost day it was only Jews that received the Spirit of God.

Following this Gentiles did as well.

I believe we can infer from scripture that these two events that are often spoken of are not the only times the Spirit of God has come to dwell in individuals (believers).

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I do have understanding.

You do not understand that gifts of tongues by the Holy Spirit were of the miraculous kind that was given as a testimony during the laying of the foundation.

You believe that people speak in gibberish and that God turns it supernaturally into a real language that tells Him about what you are thinking and feeling; as if God needs you to do that.

You pretend to know what he believes so you can rubbish it and him.

You are against tongues because you tried it.

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I do have understanding.

You did not read that in the bible. Why are you not stood on the foundation that was laid once for all?

Cross Reference

On that Pentecost day it was only Jews that received the Spirit of God.

Quit with that error! Acts 2:39 speaks of your error. "All" means ALL. The wall of partition has been torn down and "afar off" speaks to it being forward in time with no mention of it ending. I guess you also think everyone will speak English in Heaven?

I believe we can infer from scripture that these two events that are often spoken of are not the only times the Spirit of God has come to dwell in individuals (believers).
Acts 2 is NOT the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. You have been around long enough to have exhausted that territory of understanding to still be coming up in short.

Cross Reference

I remember when I first started going to church. Wasn't baptised in the Holy Spirit, but when the pastor taught on the word during the bible study, it just burned within me. I used to get so excited, and it really confused me how people could talk about useless things after the meeting, when we'd all just received a feast. Strangely these people were not that fired up and passionate about what they believed, but God still used the ministry of the word to bless me to the max.
The ministry gift of a teacher is a wonderful gift. Oh that people would be hungry for the word, like I was all those years ago.

That remains my experience as well, andyc, after many years of being in Pentecost. The parable of the sowers is alive and well on all levels of doctrinal maturity. I long for fellowship with true to His heart, saints of God. Relatively speaking, they are a rare breed.

May God richly bless you, make His Presence felt, and your crowd.

God's Truth

You did not read that in the bible. Why are you not stood on the foundation that was laid once for all?

I did read that in the Bible.

Speaking in tongues was a gift given, a sign, given during the laying of the foundation of the Church (Hebrews 2:4). It was a sign to the Jews (Acts 2:6). Speaking in tongues has served God's purpose, God has given the sign (1Cor 14:21), and God has laid the foundation (Eph 2:20).

God's Truth

You pretend to know what he believes so you can rubbish it and him.

You are against tongues because you tried it.

LA

You are upset because you do not want to get rid of your extra curricular activities, it is entertainment.

Your gibberish is not supernatural language. Your gibberish is not even turned into supernatural language.
Your prophecies are worthless.

Cross Reference

You are upset because you do not want to get rid of your extra curricular activities, it is entertainment.

Your gibberish is not supernatural language. Your gibberish is not even turned into supernatural language.
Your prophecies are worthless.

. . and your presence on this forum is an offense to me, indeed to any Christian who longs to have His life be an act of worship to God.

Cross Reference

May God's truth keep us close to Him and Jesus Christ.

The way I am treated here does not mean I am not speaking God's Truth.

You control how you are treated. You control your destiny.

Your replies are not of God. They speak of something else going on inside you you either need to repent of or cry out to God for a fresh deposit of His Life TO you that you overcome whatever it is that is hindering you in being rectified TO and FOR Him..

God's Truth

You control how you are treated. You control your destiny.

Your replies are not of God. They speak of something else going on inside you you either need to repent of or cry out to God for a deposit of His Life TO you that you overcome whatever it is that is hindering you in being rectified TO and FOR Him..

You are the mean person whose mouth exposes him for what he is.

The way I am treated by other people, or by people in this group is not a gauge to God's Truth.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Tongues are for a sign that someone has the Holy Spirit. It is a milk gift. Even today. But when someone goes into the meat understanding and revelations of Jesus Christ the tongues will cease.

1 Cor 12:28-31
28 And God has Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clangingcymbal.
1 Cor 13:8-11
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
9 For we know in part appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.
29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles?
30 Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?
31 But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.
1 Cor 13:1
and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1 Cor 14:1-3
1 Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.
2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
3 But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men.
1 Cor 14:5
5 I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification.
1 Cor 14:6-13
6 But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you unless I speak to you either by revelation, by knowledge, by prophesying, or by teaching?
7 Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played?
8 For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself for battle?
9 So likewise you, unless you utter by the tongue words easy to understand, how will it be known what is spoken? For you will be speaking into the air.
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance.
11 Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me.
12 Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the edification of the church that you seek to excel.
13 Therefore let him who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret.

Last edited:

God's Truth

OK. You call me a mean person. You have it that I am mean because I don't agree with your understanding of what you believe God's word to be. Why is that perceived by you as meanness? Do you need to be right?

You are just rude and resort to insult. It isn't about going against me. It is about you having nothing but insults.