The new evangelism (gospel)

Truster

But this is about choice. Like this...

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, ...

In other words... people can choose pride in self, or humility in Christ. To take "choice" out of the matter is to say God builds rigged decks.

Note that Satan "Blinds"... not God. This is not a positive attribute to place in God's lap.

Satan does not have free will. He is sent to blind. Just as a lying spirit is sent to lie.

Truster

If the devil is just a puppet of God... than God is just wearing a sock puppet. Not a good idea Truster. Think before you reply.

Either the Eternal Almighty is Sovereign over the entire creation or not. I don't care what advanced superstition you follow, but the trust that has been invested in me, is for one purpose and for Him alone.

You give Satan glory and power that is not his and you leave the Almighty in a state of wondering what will happen next.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Either the Eternal Almighty is Sovereign over the entire creation or not. I don't care what advanced superstition you follow, but the trust that has been invested in me, is for one purpose and for Him alone.

You give Satan glory and power that is not his and you leave the Almighty in a state of wondering what will happen next.

One of these two is likened unto a champion of freedom and the other is a proud and demanding person that desires to be "sovereign".

Which one is Christ Like and Which one is like satan?

One cannot be the other.

Truster

One of these two is likened unto a champion of freedom and the other is a proud and demanding person that desires to be "sovereign".

Which one is Christ Like and Which one is like satan?

One cannot be the other.

Go and play your silly games with someone else.

glorydaz

God can and does hold man accountable for their unbelief. That God commands what man ought to do, in no way implies man can do what he is commanded to do. Again, ought does not imply can. Such a humanistic notion is contrary to Scripture's teachings about the moral ability of fallen man. Such a view robs God of His prerogative to dispose of His creatures as He sees fit to do. God is Creator, we are the created. Your continued attempts to bridge that gap and elevate mankind Godward will always run contrary to what Scripture teaches us about the sovereignty of God.

God, Himself, elevated man Godward. He created us in His image, and He gave man dominion over the the world He'd created for him. To even suggest that God does not give man the ability to seek Him or to turn to Him and believe in Him is accusing God of being unrighteous. It was in God's sovereign plan that man would turn to Him by choice---freely and not under duress, and that's what is required from man. It's why He commanded all men every where to repent. It's why we're told to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. It's why we are ambassadors for Christ...

2 Corinthians 5:20
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.​

oatmeal

OP
By grace are ye saved through trust, as long as man agrees to be saved.

The verse of course reads:
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of Elohim: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Grace has no need for permission. Grace is bestowed. Grace cannot be rejected. Grace overwhelms with love. Grace means the action of a superior to an inferior who has no real claim for gracious treatment. Because there is no claim upon grace the sinner is atheist and in the world without hope until he unexpectedly becomes a recipient of grace.

In the provision of grace there is nothing in the imagination of man that could possibly prepare him for how he will feel.​

God does not force anyone to accept the gift of salvation against the recipient's will. It is the decision of the individual, by doing Romans 10:9, that allows God to impart the gift of salvation to that individual.

Truster

God does not force anyone to accept the gift of salvation against the recipient's will. It is the decision of the individual, by doing Romans 10:9, that allows God to impart the gift of salvation to that individual.

In which case you haven't been saved.

Truster

What I say is demonstrably true. That's why I say it.

That you are a hypocrite.

I stand, without shame, or fear of contradiction, for the truth and the trust. Those that have been set free and love the truth recognise it. Those that live by trust will rejoice at the witness of it.

You are perishing, and so for you, all that I am and for all that I stand in and for is the aroma of death.

2 Corinthians 2:16kjv

Epoisses

If God wants to save these men who cannot do what they ought to do, we find from Scripture that He will grant them the ability to actually do what He commands them to do, e.g., Eze. 36:26. That God does not do so for each and every person in Adam should be of no concern to us. All mankind in the loins of Adam had their chance in Adam's probation in the Garden as the Federal Representative of us all. Adam failed. From that failure Adam's sin is imputed to all his progeny by ordinary generation. All are born sinners, sinning because they are sinners, adjudged as guilty.

I agree with some of your post and disagree with other parts. If we follow Paul's analogy in Romans 5 the entire world was lost in Adam even so the entire world was justified in Christ. So we see that ever human being has two possible destinies the one they inherit from Adam (flesh) and the one they inherit from Christ (Spirit). Calvinist's are quick to point out the loss of humanity in Adam but fail miserably to point out humanity's recovery in Christ. This is also the battle of faith that takes place in every heart where the flesh struggles against the Spirit. This battle also takes place in the hearts of those who have never known Christ. God is a Spirit so he speaks to all humanity by his Holy Spirit.

Ask Mr. Religion

&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Calvinist's are quick to point out the loss of humanity in Adam but fail miserably to point out humanity's recovery in Christ.
No.

Persons constructing straw men of the Calvinist's views by claiming we operate from the same presuppositions they do and therefore believe about our beliefs what they believe about our beliefs leaves no hope for honest discussion.

If persons would avail themselves of a scripturally accurate summary of our beliefs, e.g., WCF, with a nice exposition of the same here, much clarity would ensue. Unfortunately some prefer to just parrot others in discussion forums and not dig deeper.

Had you dug deeper, you would find that it is invariably the Calvinist that would declare that the elect are a great multitude no man can number (Rev. 7:9), while the anti-Calvinist is always going on about how few will actually be saved, misunderstanding their favorite narrow and wide gate verses.

For example, it appears that no more than one third of the angels fell (Rev. 12:4 and following). Should we suppose that God, who made man in his own image, and the Son of God, who took upon himself not the nature of angels but the seed of Abraham, should have purposed to redeem a lesser percentage (one-third) of men than angels were kept from apostasy? This seems to misrepresent the claim that God's redemption of men is more exalted than his upholding and confirming of the elect angels (1 Pet. 1:12 and forward).

There is no war going on within the heart and mind of the non-believer, for the non-believer is not able to do other than sin more or sin less (Jer. 17:9; Mark 7:21-23; Eph. 2:2; Eph. 2:4-5; Titus 3:5; John 3:19; Rom. 3:10-12; 5:6; 6:16-20; Eph. 2:1,3;1 Cor. 2:14). Further your notion ends up in the sad conclusion that those that choose wisely apparently have something special within themselves than does those that choose poorly. After all, if as you say, God the Holy Spirit is speaking to all humanity, then the only reason one chooses rightly and another does not is but based upon their own merits, thus making God out to be a debtor to man's wise choices. Nonsense.

Go into your private space, think, pray and study, while honestly answering why it was that you chose wisely and your neighbor did not. What was so special about you over your poor foolish neighbor? There is only one correct answer that gives all glory to God without robbing Him of His sovereignty: "because God first acted (Eze. 36:26), for had He not so acted, I would never ever choose rightly."

Do not be one of those that lift up this sort of boastful prayer:

“Lord, I thank thee that I am not like these poor, presumptuous Calvinists. Lord, I was born with a glorious free will; I was born with a power by which I can turn to thee of myself; I have improved my grace. If everybody had done the same with their grace as I have, they might all have been saved. Lord, I know that thou dost not make us willing if we are not willing ourselves… it was not thy grace that made us differ… I made use of what was given me, and others did not—that is the difference between me and them.”​
Src: Spurgeon, Sermon on John 5:40 “Free Will a Slave” The New Park Street Pulpit, 1855- 1856, Volumes I & II (Pilgrim 1975), 395-402.

Next time you want to make an accurate statement about what Calvinists believe, read our Confession (see above) or ask an actual Calvinist. :AMR:

AMR

glorydaz

No.

Persons constructing straw men of the Calvinist's views by claiming we operate from the same presuppositions they do and therefore believe about our beliefs what they believe about our beliefs leaves no hope for honest discussion.

If persons would avail themselves of a scripturally accurate summary of our beliefs, e.g., WCF, with a nice exposition of the same here, much clarity would ensue. Unfortunately some prefer to just parrot others in discussion forums and not dig deeper.

Had you dug deeper, you would find that it is invariably the Calvinist that would declare that the elect are a great multitude no man can number (Rev. 7:9), while the anti-Calvinist is always going on about how few will actually be saved, misunderstanding their favorite narrow and wide gate verses.

For example, it appears that no more than one third of the angels fell (Rev. 12:4 and following). Should we suppose that God, who made man in his own image, and the Son of God, who took upon himself not the nature of angels but the seed of Abraham, should have purposed to redeem a lesser percentage (one-third) of men than angels were kept from apostasy? This seems to misrepresent the claim that God's redemption of men is more exalted than his upholding and confirming of the elect angels (1 Pet. 1:12 and forward).

:e4e:

There is no war going on within the heart and mind of the non-believer, for the non-believer is not able to do other than sin more or sin less (Jer. 17:9; Mark 7:21-23; Eph. 2:2; Eph. 2:4-5; Titus 3:5; John 3:19; Rom. 3:10-12; 5:6; 6:16-20; Eph. 2:1,3;1 Cor. 2:14). Further your notion ends up in the sad conclusion that those that choose wisely apparently have something special within themselves than does those that choose poorly. After all, if as you say, God the Holy Spirit is speaking to all humanity, then the only reason one chooses rightly and another does not is but based upon their own merits, thus making God out to be a debtor to man's wise choices. Nonsense.

Go into your private space, think, pray and study, while honestly answering why it was that you chose wisely and your neighbor did not. What was so special about you over your poor foolish neighbor? There is only one correct answer that gives all glory to God without robbing Him of His sovereignty: "because God first acted (Eze. 36:26), for had He not so acted, I would never ever choose rightly."

AMR

But we do know that God causes the rain and the sun to shine upon all men.

Matthew 5:45
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.​

And we know that His kindness and long suffering are drawing men to himself.

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?​

Some have a hard and impenitent heart.

Romans 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;​

Some follow their God-given conscience and seek to do right.

Romans 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:​

The fact is there are those who seek after God and are thankful for what they see around them....though they know not the name of their Creator as yet. He is not far from every one of us.

Acts 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:​