the life and times of Resodko

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
they make all sorts of noise with their horns

and then they run right over the top of you (actually, they have projections underwater at the bow that pushes stuff like ice cakes away)

some of them weigh 10,000 tons empty and carry 25,000 tons of cargo - let's say 70 million pounds fully loaded

it takes a while for them to stop or turn
That's neat. That one boat can carry almost 2 days worth of chickens. Did you know we kill and eat 21 million chickens per day in this country? That is between 40 and 60 million pounds!

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
that's a lot of barbecue! :chew:

the bulk carriers haul mostly iron ore, crushed limestone, coal, grain, salt and cement

not so many chickens :(

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
took my last hourly exam last night in the one course - got a 91! :banana:

which brought my class average down to a 94 :(

and the teacher distributed a study guide for the final - chapter outlines of the semester's work - 50 pages of single spaced notes :doh:

one week to go! :banana:

doloresistere

Congratulations. I made 4 A's and the deans list this semester and also completed my senior thesis and gave a preentation at the GSA sectional meeting this April.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
see that channel marker?

they're not sposed to go right up to them like that :chuckle:
Kivalina1.jpg

http://wrvo.org/post/traffic-st-lawrence-seaway-blocked-disabled-freighter

my place is just off the screen to the right :)

Last edited:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
fall semester's back on, after a lot of juggling i'm in a new program, taking two online classes and one evening training session and otherwise back to where i was last year at this time, minus one beagle :(

the ipad goes away in three weeks and i'll be back to posting less frequently

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
fall semester's back on, after a lot of juggling i'm in a new program, taking two online classes and one evening training session and otherwise back to where i was last year at this time, minus one beagle :(

Where is your ipad going away to?

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Good luck for the new semester. :cheers:

Sorry to hear about your beagle. :(

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
she was all wore out and dint work anymore

except for making me smile :(

once i get my schedule nailed down i'll get another

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
finally got accepted into the program i've been working toward :banana:

classes start the beginning of january - quite a relief, it means i can plan on being here for the next two years instead of considering programs in surrounding areas that would mean either a loooong commute or renting

Last edited: