The Law of Moses Has Not Been Abolished

popsthebuilder

This study goes over why the Law of Moses has not been abolished, the differences between the old and new covenants, what it means to be circumcised in the heart, and to walk in spirit. The study can be found in English here http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2016/10/25/the-law-of-moses-has-not-been-abolished/ or in Spanish here http://www.sabiduriadedios.co/2016/10/25/la-ley-de-moises-no-ha-sido-abolida/ . Let us begin a discussion on these matters.
The law of the Spirit is surely not abolished.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven. (1 Corinthians 11:5 [ESV])

"But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her for her hair is given to her for a covering." (1 Corinthians 11:15)

A woman's hair is her covering.

DAN P

This study goes over why the Law of Moses has not been abolished, the differences between the old and new covenants, what it means to be circumcised in the heart, and to walk in spirit. The study can be found in English here http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2016/10/25/the-law-of-moses-has-not-been-abolished/ or in Spanish here http://www.sabiduriadedios.co/2016/10/25/la-ley-de-moises-no-ha-sido-abolida/ . Let us begin a discussion on these matters.

Hi and read 2 Cor 3:13-16 and it was ABOLISHED and as Paul sas that even UNTIL this day there is a VAIL that covers there HEART KN VERS 15 and verse 14 says it is being ABOLISHED !!

Case closed !!

dan p

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Hi and read 2 Cor 3:13-16 and it was ABOLISHED and as Paul sas that even UNTIL this day there is a VAIL that covers there HEART KN VERS 15 and verse 14 says it is being ABOLISHED !!

Case closed !!

dan p

Tell me, is "do not murder" abolished? Is "do not steal" abolished? Is "men should not wear women's clothing abolished"? Is "love your neighbor as yourself" abolished?

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
"But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her for her hair is given to her for a covering." (1 Corinthians 11:15)

A woman's hair is her covering.

A natural covering yes, but it is the not the veil mandated by the Law for wives.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Seems to be you didn't spend enough time in all the scriptures,

"I did not come to abolish the Law"
"Whoever sets aside the least of these commands will be called least in the kingdom of the heavens"
When you say all the scriptures please be sure to quote all the scripture when you post a verse. Christ did not come to abolish the law. What did Christ come to do with the law?

[h=1]Matthew 5:17-20New International Version (NIV)[/h] [h=3]The Fulfillment of the Law[/h]17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Did Jesus accomplish the fulfillment of the law? IF so, what does that say about The Law? Do you think Paul offered anything in Galatians?

[h=1]Galatians 3New International Version (NIV)[/h] [h=3]Faith or Works of the Law[/h]3 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? 3 Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh?[a] 4 Have you experienced[b] so much in vain—if it really was in vain? 5 So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard? 6 So also Abraham “believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”[c]

Just something for you to consider.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Tell me, is "do not murder" abolished? Is "do not steal" abolished? Is "men should not wear women's clothing abolished"? Is "love your neighbor as yourself" abolished?

This is not in the temporary Book of the Law.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
When you say all the scriptures please be sure to quote all the scripture when you post a verse. Christ did not come to abolish the law. What did Christ come to do with the law?

[h=1]Matthew 5:17-20New International Version (NIV)[/h] [h=3]The Fulfillment of the Law[/h]17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Did Jesus accomplish the fulfillment of the law? IF so, what does that say about The Law? Do you think Paul offered anything in Galatians?

[h=1]Galatians 3New International Version (NIV)[/h] [h=3]Faith or Works of the Law[/h]3 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? 3 Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh?[a] 4 Have you experienced[b] so much in vain—if it really was in vain? 5 So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard? 6 So also Abraham “believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”[c]

Just something for you to consider.

Indeed he came to fulfill the Law, and Jesus Christ began to fulfill the Law of God at his first coming, where he became the literal lamb of God to fulfill the Passover required by the Law, along with fulfilling all the spring festivals, such as sending the holy spirit to fulfill the Pentecost required by the Law, and will continue fulfilling the autumn festivals of the Law at his second coming, which start with the Festival of Trumpets, which he will fulfill by blasting the trumpets at his coming, which are the seven trumpets of Revelation. By the time the thousand year rulership of Jesus Christ is fulfilled, which is foreshadowed by the seventh day Sabbath itself in the Law, then the entire Law will be fulfilled, hence “till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled”, because at the conclusion of the thousand year rulership heaven and earth will then pass away, and thus, all the times foreshadowed by the Law will be fulfilled. Read about the shadows of the Law here, http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2017/02/2...ivals-sacrifices-circumcision-sabbaths-foods/ .

musterion

No law has claim on those who are dead.

Those who are in Christ are counted as having died and risen again to new life. The old is gone. The Law has no further claim on them anymore than it has claim on Christ, for they are in Him and He in them. Freed from the Law.

The Law does have claim but only on the lost, and even then it only indicates sin as sin, but give zero power to do anything about it.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No it is not, otherwise he wouldn't say, he "didn't come to abolish it", for it already existed before him.

He came to make it full.

This law: "You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, etc.'"