The Law of Moses Has Not Been Abolished

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
So Christ did not fulfill the law and He did not provide for us a way to keep the law either. That is a problem. A big problem. I mean, I get get goats and sheep but where do I go to sacrifice them as the Law requires?

Do you not understand that "do not murder" has not been abolished, while "observe the Passover" is a command that Paul identifies as shadow of the Law? You have discarded the entire Law because you do not understand the distinction between commands that are merely shadows, and commands that are not. I advise you to read this study that you may gain understand, because if you continue thinking the way you do you will one day find yourself condemned to aeonial fire by the Law you thought was abolished, http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2017/02/2...ivals-sacrifices-circumcision-sabbaths-foods/ . Currently, as it stands, you are one who it will be said, "depart from you, you who work lawlessness".

God's Truth

Yes, because hair is a covering.

If she is bald she has no covering unless she wears a cap or something.

I am going by the scripture and I understand it is hard to accept sometimes.

Paul explains that if she does not cover her head---as in with a garment, then she might as well be shaven.

1 Corinthians 11:6 For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

Again, it is just a cultural thing.

Women who had their hair cut off probably didn't want that to happen.

However, there are women of another culture who cannot grow long hair.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Do you not understand that "do not murder" has not been abolished, while "observe the Passover" is a command that Paul identifies as shadow of the Law? You have discarded the entire Law because you do not understand the distinction between commands that are merely shadows, and commands that are not. I advise you to read this study that you may gain understand, because if you continue thinking the way you do you will one day find yourself condemned to aeonial fire by the Law you thought was abolished, http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2017/02/2...ivals-sacrifices-circumcision-sabbaths-foods/ . Currently, as it stands, you are one who it will be said, "depart from you, you who work lawlessness".
Mastic Law consists of some 613 laws that the Jews were required to follow. So, specifically, which ones no longer apply? Did not Hod command obedience to Passover?

I follow the TWO commandments Christ actually spoke.

God's Truth

Mastic Law consists of some 613 laws that the Jews were required to follow. So, specifically, which ones no longer apply? Did not Hod command obedience to Passover?

Christ gave many commandments.

The two commandments are said to cover all of the commandments.

Love means doing no harm to another.

That means when you do not murder your neighbor, commit adultery, and do not lie about your neighbor or steal from them---you ARE loving them.

So loving your neighbor sums up ALL the law.

Let's say you did not commit adultery with your neighbor's wife, and you didn't murder him, or lie about him, but you stole something from him---that means you are guilty of not loving your neighbor because you failed on one of those commands.

Obeying is how we love.

Loving means you are obeying all of Jesus' commands.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I am going by the scripture and I understand it is hard to accept sometimes.

Yes, it seems you are really struggling.

"and a woman, if she have long hair, a glory it is to her, because the hair instead of a covering hath been given to her." (1 Corinthians 11:15 YLT)

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned

READ the study. There it'll tell you which commands are shadows. You guys like to yap and debate all day, but never actually read and research and arrive at solid truth.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Will the Passover be fulfilled in the kingdom of God?

God's Truth

Yes, it seems you are really struggling.

"and a woman, if she have long hair, a glory it is to her, because the hair instead of a covering hath been given to her." (1 Corinthians 11:15 YLT)

From your own translation:

6for if a woman is not covered—then let her be shorn, and if it is a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven—let her be covered;

The COVERED is spoken of as clothing not hair.

If the woman does not cover her head with clothing---then she should shave her head.

If it is a shame for her to shave her head---then she should cover it, with clothing.

Epoisses

READ the study. There it'll tell you which commands are shadows. You guys like to yap and debate all day, but never actually read and research and arrive at solid truth.

Your website is cult trash 101 for the ignorant and simple minded. An atheist has a better shot at Salvation than you do.

God's Truth

Will the Passover be fulfilled in the kingdom of God?

Blood of animals no longer atone for sins.

Only Jesus' blood does. He is the Passover.

1 Corinthians 5:7 Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch--as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Your website is cult trash 101 for the ignorant and simple minded. An atheist has a better shot at Salvation than you do.

Because it disagrees with your lawless lifestyle? I teach obedience to the Law of God, and loving your neighbor by giving to the poor and doing good works, which is what Jesus Christ taught, and this you call cult trash? It shows how deceived you are.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The COVERED is spoken of as clothing not hair.

If the woman does not cover her head with clothing---then she should shave her head.

If it is a shame for her to shave her head---then she should cover it, with clothing.

What was Eve's covering?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Only Jesus' blood does. He is the Passover.

"for I say to you, I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God." (Luke 22:16)

"for I say to you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes." (Luke 22:18)

God's Truth

Because it disagrees with your lawless lifestyle? I teach obedience to the Law of God, and loving your neighbor by giving to the poor and doing good works, which is what Jesus Christ taught, and this you call cult trash? It shows how deceived you are.

You do know that not just any poor, right?

God's Truth

"for I say to you, I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God." (Luke 22:16)

"for I say to you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes." (Luke 22:18)

Being given the Holy Spirit is receiving the kingdom of God.