The Law of Moses Has Not Been Abolished

Epoisses

Tell me, is "do not murder" abolished? Is "do not steal" abolished? Is "men should not wear women's clothing abolished"? Is "love your neighbor as yourself" abolished?

Yes they are abolished. Spirit-led believers don't commit those sins.

Oleander

Why no one quoting Jesus.
What Jesus really think about this subject ?
Jesus said :if you love me, you follow my commandments!
God, the prophets, and Jesus all said: The law stay forever.
Paul said otherwise. Think.

LilFire

What were the commandments Jesus gave?

Matthew 22:37-40King James Version (KJV)

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Hi and read Rom 13:1-9 and learn !!

dan p

What do governing authorities have to do with the law of God? The law of God forbids men wearing women's clothing, whereas American law does not forbid it, for we clearly see that drag queens exist at clubs and also on TV.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Indeed he came to fulfill the Law, and Jesus Christ began to fulfill the Law of God at his first coming, where he became the literal lamb of God to fulfill the Passover required by the Law, along with fulfilling all the spring festivals, such as sending the holy spirit to fulfill the Pentecost required by the Law, and will continue fulfilling the autumn festivals of the Law at his second coming, which start with the Festival of Trumpets, which he will fulfill by blasting the trumpets at his coming, which are the seven trumpets of Revelation. By the time the thousand year rulership of Jesus Christ is fulfilled, which is foreshadowed by the seventh day Sabbath itself in the Law, then the entire Law will be fulfilled, hence “till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled”, because at the conclusion of the thousand year rulership heaven and earth will then pass away, and thus, all the times foreshadowed by the Law will be fulfilled. Read about the shadows of the Law here, http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2017/02/2...ivals-sacrifices-circumcision-sabbaths-foods/ .

Hmmm... I wonder what Jesus was referring to when He said this:

[h=1]John 19:28-30New International Version (NIV)[/h] [h=3]The Death of Jesus[/h]28 Later, knowing that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, “I am thirsty.” 29 A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips. 30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

Hawkins

It's never a necessity to abolish any Law. Whatever Law remains there, the only thing which keeps updating is the covenant. A change of any covenant is the change of the standard of judgment on the judgment day.

To put it another way, you are moved from one covenant to another such that you are not judged the same way as before. However no law is ever changed. The laws still apply to those who are not moved from a covenant to another.

That said. Mosaic Law is the set of Law inside a covenant granted to the Jews. Mosaic Law is not for the gentiles. However, each and every covenant has a common part which serves as the core commandments of a covenant.

Luke 18:19-20 (NIV2011)
19 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.
20 You know the commandments: ‘You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.’

The significance of the above verses is that they are the commandments in the old covenant for the Jews, at the same time they are Christ teachings in the new covenant for Christians. It thus says that they are the core commandments possibly exist in each and every covenant.

God's Truth

"for hair is given to her for a covering." (1 Corinthians 11:15)

If a woman does not have hair she has been shorn or shaven.

Right. If a woman does not cover her head and hair, the scripture says she might as well be shaven.

It is a cultural thing, because Paul explains to us that we can see by nature that a woman has long hair as a symbol of covering and therefore should also wear a covering. But we know that another people and culture shows that a women's hair does not grow long and they do not cover themselves with clothes.

Therefore, a woman can in fact have long hair and not wear a covering over it.

God's Truth

It's never a necessity to abolish any Law. Whatever Law remains there, the only thing which keeps updating is the covenant. A change of any covenant is the change of the standard of judgment on the judgment day.

To put it another way, you are moved from one covenant to another such that you are not judged the same way as before. However no law is ever changed. The laws still apply to those who are not moved from a covenant to another.

That said. Mosaic Law is the set of Law inside a covenant granted to the Jews. Mosaic Law is not for the gentiles. However, each and every covenant has a common part which serves as the core commandments of a covenant.

Luke 18:19-20 (NIV2011)
19 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.
20 You know the commandments: ‘You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.’

The significance of the above verses is that they are the commandments in the old covenant for the Jews, at the same time they are Christ teachings in the new covenant for Christians. It thus says that they are the core commandments possibly exist in each and every covenant.

The Jews who reject Jesus, they CANNOT obey the old law because they have no tent/temple, they have no high priest, they do not have a lamb to offer daily.

That old law is obsolete.

The Jews who reject Jesus make all kinds of excuses why they do not obey the old law completely.

Jesus came and taught the guidelines for the new covenant, the new law, then he shed his blood for the new covenant, the new law.

God's Truth

The only way a Jew or Gentile can have a relationship with God, it is to come to God through Jesus.

Anyone, Jew or Gentile must come to God through Jesus.

Through Jesus the old and new law is fulfilled.

Jesus is our high priest.

Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb.

And we become the temple.

Right Divider

Body part
Oh goody, another one that rejects the LORD Jesus Christ in His appearances to Paul.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Hmmm... I wonder what Jesus was referring to when He said this:

[h=1]John 19:28-30New International Version (NIV)[/h] [h=3]The Death of Jesus[/h]28 Later, knowing that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, “I am thirsty.” 29 A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips. 30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

What was finished was his offering up as sacrifice in accordance to the Passover of the Law, for he died on the Passover, hence "Christ, our Passover lamb has been sacrificed". What was not finished, however, was the Law that he BEGAN to fulfill, otherwise he would not have declared elsewhere, "till heaven and earth pass away, not one jot or one title will pass from the Law TILL all be fulfilled." All will be fulfilled ONCE HEAVEN AND EARTH PASSES AWAY, for there is still one thousand years left AFTER Jesus Christ returns. Now, stop finding reasons to be lawless, and begin to obey the Law of God you lawless person.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
What was finished was his offering up as sacrifice in accordance to the Passover of the Law, for he died on the Passover, hence "Christ, our Passover lamb has been sacrificed". What was not finished, however, was the Law that he BEGAN to fulfill, otherwise he would not have declared elsewhere, "till heaven and earth pass away, not one jot or one title will pass from the Law TILL all be fulfilled." All will be fulfilled ONCE HEAVEN AND EARTH PASSES AWAY, for there is still one thousand years left AFTER Jesus Christ returns. Now, stop finding reasons to be lawless, and begin to obey the Law of God you lawless person.
So Christ did not fulfill the law and He did not provide for us a way to keep the law either. That is a problem. A big problem. I mean, I get get goats and sheep but where do I go to sacrifice them as the Law requires?