The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Thank you. Yes, might of been this thread or another. I could find out if I put forth the effort.

Okay then, I did read it.

It's not that I didn't read it, or recall it. My point wasn't about that so much as the "age", if we can call it that, of truth.

So much is being called "new age", when there is no "new" truth of any "age"... presently, in the past, or will be in the future. The only new truth there is, is the truth that we come to go "Ah-ha" about... or, in other words, the light bulb moment happens. The truth is only new to us, but it has been around forever, but we had been blind to it before. This is the point I was trying to make.

Truth is like math... it will always come up with the same answer. If it doesn't, then there is an error (lack of truth) somewhere.

Gotta know truth first, however, to be able to recognize it.

Ok I see. Maybe I should use the term "new dispensation" of grace and truth. God continues to reveal truth.

We believe more truth has been revealed in the 5th epochal revelation as well as lost facts from the past.

The Gift of Revelation

(1007.1) 92:4.1 Revelation is evolutionary but always progressive. Down through the ages of a world’s history, the revelations of religion are ever-expanding and successively more enlightening. It is the mission of revelation to sort and censor the successive religions of evolution. But if revelation is to exalt and upstep the religions of evolution, then must such divine visitations portray teachings which are not too far removed from the thought and reactions of the age in which they are presented. Thus must and does revelation always keep in touch with evolution. Always must the religion of revelation be limited by man’s capacity of receptivity.

(1007.2) 92:4.2 But regardless of apparent connection or derivation, the religions of revelation are always characterized by a belief in some Deity of final value and in some concept of the survival of personality identity after death.

(1007.3) 92:4.3 Evolutionary religion is sentimental, not logical. It is man’s reaction to belief in a hypothetical ghost-spirit world — the human belief-reflex, excited by the realization and fear of the unknown. Revelatory religion is propounded by the real spiritual world; it is the response of the superintellectual cosmos to the mortal hunger to believe in, and depend upon, the universal Deities. Evolutionary religion pictures the circuitous gropings of humanity in quest of truth; revelatory religion is that very truth.

(1007.4) 92:4.4 There have been many events of religious revelation but only five of epochal significance. These were as follows:

(1007.5) 92:4.5 1. The Dalamatian teachings. The true concept of the First Source and Center was first promulgated on Urantia by the one hundred corporeal members of Prince Caligastia’s staff. This expanding revelation of Deity went on for more than three hundred thousand years until it was suddenly terminated by the planetary secession and the disruption of the teaching regime. Except for the work of Van, the influence of the Dalamatian revelation was practically lost to the whole world. Even the Nodites had forgotten this truth by the time of Adam’s arrival. Of all who received the teachings of the one hundred, the red men held them longest, but the idea of the Great Spirit was but a hazy concept in Amerindian religion when contact with Christianity greatly clarified and strengthened it.

(1007.6) 92:4.6 2. The Edenic teachings. Adam and Eve again portrayed the concept of the Father of all to the evolutionary peoples. The disruption of the first Eden halted the course of the Adamic revelation before it had ever fully started. But the aborted teachings of Adam were carried on by the Sethite priests, and some of these truths have never been entirely lost to the world. The entire trend of Levantine religious evolution was modified by the teachings of the Sethites. But by 2500 B.C. mankind had largely lost sight of the revelation sponsored in the days of Eden.

(1007.7) 92:4.7 3. Melchizedek of Salem. This emergency Son of Nebadon inaugurated the third revelation of truth on Urantia. The cardinal precepts of his teachings were trust and faith. He taught trust in the omnipotent beneficence of God and proclaimed that faith was the act by which men earned God’s favor. His teachings gradually commingled with the beliefs and practices of various evolutionary religions and finally developed into those theologic systems present on Urantia at the opening of the first millennium after Christ.

(1008.1) 92:4.8 4. Jesus of Nazareth. Christ Michael presented for the fourth time to Urantia the concept of God as the Universal Father, and this teaching has generally persisted ever since. The essence of his teaching was love and service, the loving worship which a creature son voluntarily gives in recognition of, and response to, the loving ministry of God his Father; the freewill service which such creature sons bestow upon their brethren in the joyous realization that in this service they are likewise serving God the Father.

(1008.2) 92:4.9 5. The Urantia Papers. The papers, of which this is one, constitute the most recent presentation of truth to the mortals of Urantia. These papers differ from all previous revelations, for they are not the work of a single universe personality but a composite presentation by many beings. But no revelation short of the attainment of the Universal Father can ever be complete. All other celestial ministrations are no more than partial, transient, and practically adapted to local conditions in time and space. While such admissions as this may possibly detract from the immediate force and authority of all revelations, the time has arrived on Urantia when it is advisable to make such frank statements, even at the risk of weakening the future influence and authority of this, the most recent of the revelations of truth to the mortal races of Urantia.

There is more to come.

Caino

Zeke

It's actually quite the opposite; and no definitive proof has ever shown otherwise.No, I've followed The Holy Bible's directions and come into a dynamic relationship with The Living God. Those who know 'about' God do as you've suggested. I know The Author, personally. =)

Not to derail the thread but you have no substance, or reliable facts to present historically that makes your statement anything other than your religions say so Amiel:juggle:, your welcome to start a thread and present all that tangible proof you claim to have.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Truth has nothing to fear.......

Truth has nothing to fear.......

The Gospel contains His Blood.

Again, for those following, we've rehashed issues over 'blood atonement' previously in the thread. Blood is not the only means for providing atonement for one's sins, neither is any particular ceremony or article necessary, although such can be helpful in focusing a person's intentions and will to re-turn to 'God' by way of 'repentance', which is what actually restores a soul to righteousness.

The Orthodox Jewish position (as long as there has been no functioning temple or priesthood) and many other spiritualist traditions (based on principle alone) reject the concept of vicarious 'blood atonement'. See here and elsewhere.

The Gospel contains description of Christ as Deity.

We've already discussed the 'Creator Sons' just recently here. Jesus as our Creator-Son, is true Deity, but also 'assumed' human form/nature during his 'bestowal'(incarnation) here. You need to be properly educated first and actually learn what the UB teaches, to engage an intelligent dialogue on the matter.

Your precious Urantia denies Scripture, which is our only source of Truth. That is a fetish: following something which gives one a thrill, or seems to have 'magical' powers.

For new readers to the thread - a general introduction to the work is essential,...from there you can investigate further, or move along.

Investigate for yourself

No one collection of religious writings or revelations can necessarily contain the whole of truth (although some better represent), since truth is a living dynamic, ever unfolding, ever revealing reality, at the heart of all things, and transcending all things, since in this dimension the soul receives interpretations and translations of 'light' modified or distorted thru space and time. The eternal and infinite reality ever remains however, as omnipresent and ever-availing.

Truth has nothing to fear and must always be subject to research...no matter what forms, symbols or language it is portrayed thru. If anything, a more expanded updated cosmology and synthesis of religious, philosophical and scientific principles can only serve to inspire and open the heart-vision of man and lead his soul to the higher relalities of the Spirit. This is what the UB does for many readers, who intuit and comprehend the greater truth already inherent in the cosmos itself, that divine principle behind the evolutional growth-potential of all life, and most meaningfully, the divine potential and destiny of man.

~*~*~

An Introduction to The Urantia Book
for Conservative Christians
Rev. Dr. Meredith J. Sprunger

In-joy!

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Truth in any 'age'.......

Truth in any 'age'.......

Okay, that a little over 2,000 pages in the old published book-forms anyways. See here. My readings focused more in the cosmological/religious/philosophical aspects....the metaphysics,...while I have glossed over some of the historical/scientific articles. Did you read thru this entire thread? - many topics have already been covered.

It's not that I didn't read it, or recall it. My point wasn't about that so much as the "age", if we can call it that, of truth.

Truth of course in its essence, is eternally FRESH. We can slap the terms 'old' or 'new' to it, as a matter of reference, but that's our 'spin' :) While truth or reality is ever present and eternal (infinite)....the revelation or unfolding of truth is ever 'progressive' and does unfold itself in 'ages' or 'dispensations' if you will, in the field of space-time. The UB happens to provide a specific template within which truth was revealed in a greater comprehension of 'light', within the limited knowledge of terms and science of the 'time' it was given (the context of human knowledge in the early 20th century). - the revelators speak rather clearly about these language-limitation factors in the giving of the papers.

So much is being called "new age", when there is no "new" truth of any "age"... presently, in the past, or will be in the future. The only new truth there is, is the truth that we come to go "Ah-ha" about... or, in other words, the light bulb moment happens. The truth is only new to us, but it has been around forever, but we had been blind to it before. This is the point I was trying to make.

Bingo :)

It is the 'aha' moments that are re-cognitions of truth. Its all about cognizance.

Truth is like math... it will always come up with the same answer. If it doesn't, then there is an error (lack of truth) somewhere.

Hmmm,....while math has its source in the principles and ordered structure of the universe and Mind,....and has its 'equations',....there are some flexibilities in math and different kinds of math, if we consider the wonderful science of numerology. - its all 'relative' anyways,..since every number has its own value-meaning and significance ONLY in reference or relation to the other numbers.

Yes, in a sense,....since 're-cognition' is re-cognizing what is real or true ALREADY.

pj

Aimiel

Not to derail the thread but you have no substance, or reliable facts to present historically that makes your statement anything other than your religions say so Aimiel, your welcome to start a thread and present all that tangible proof you claim to have.
The proof of The Bible's claims lies in the fact that no historical fact ever stated anywhere in Scripture has ever been disproved, along with the testimony of the evangelists. Their proofs are irrefutable. Dr. Simon Greenleaf, one of the founders of the Harvard Law School and a world-renowned expert on evidence in jurisprudence (also a staunch atheist) examined the evidence of the four gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) and while doing his research discovered not only that they were indeed proof that Jesus lived, died and rose from the dead but that He is indeed: Lord and God.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Testimony-Evangelists-Examined-Evidence/dp/0825427479

You can read the author's short summary of his examination here:

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/jesus/greenleaf.html

Sorry, but Scripture proves Itself. You have to be a fool to deny Truth.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Zeke

The proof of The Bible's claims lies in the fact that no historical fact ever stated anywhere in Scripture has ever been disproved, along with the testimony of the evangelists. Their proofs are irrefutable. Dr. Simon Greenleaf, one of the founders of the Harvard Law School and a world-renowned expert on evidence in jurisprudence (also a staunch atheist) examined the evidence of the four gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) and while doing his research discovered not only that they were indeed proof that Jesus lived, died and rose from the dead but that He is indeed: Lord and God.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Testimony-Evangelists-Examined-Evidence/dp/0825427479

You can read the author's short summary of his examination here:

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/jesus/greenleaf.html

Sorry, but Scripture proves Itself. You have to be a fool to deny Truth.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Best to take it to another thread! don't want to derail this one any longer.

Zeke

Thank you. Yes, might of been this thread or another. I could find out if I put forth the effort.

The Jesus story is certainly an ancient metaphor and concept, past down through cultures, So I agree and add nothing new happened two 2,000 years ago that wasn't already being taught, it was literalized and corrupted for mass control and brain washing, but even that isn't new.

Aimiel

The Gospel (or 'Good News') was spread by angels on the very night Jesus was born. They were so excited about the new thing that God was doing, which by faith God considered accomplished the moment Jesus was born, was: "Peace on earth... goodwill towards men." He now accepts us, through Jesus' blood-sacrifice on Calvary, just as we are. His Blood washes our sins away. No one was ever justified by works of the law. His Grace is applied to us by Christ's Blood alone. That is what happened. Had that not happened, no one could ever enter Heaven. It is new and exciting and is the best, indeed the ONLY Good News ever spread across this earth!!! He is RISEN. We don't have to die. All others are thieves and robbers. Thanks be to God, our Father, we have eternal life, here and NOW!!! :thumb:

Levolor

Ok I see. Maybe I should use the term "new dispensation" of grace and truth. God continues to reveal truth.

We believe more truth has been revealed in the 5th epochal revelation as well as lost facts from the past.

The Gift of Revelation

(1007.1) 92:4.1 Revelation is evolutionary but always progressive. Down through the ages of a world’s history, the revelations of religion are ever-expanding and successively more enlightening. It is the mission of revelation to sort and censor the successive religions of evolution. But if revelation is to exalt and upstep the religions of evolution, then must such divine visitations portray teachings which are not too far removed from the thought and reactions of the age in which they are presented. Thus must and does revelation always keep in touch with evolution. Always must the religion of revelation be limited by man’s capacity of receptivity.

(1007.2) 92:4.2 But regardless of apparent connection or derivation, the religions of revelation are always characterized by a belief in some Deity of final value and in some concept of the survival of personality identity after death.

(1007.3) 92:4.3 Evolutionary religion is sentimental, not logical. It is man’s reaction to belief in a hypothetical ghost-spirit world — the human belief-reflex, excited by the realization and fear of the unknown. Revelatory religion is propounded by the real spiritual world; it is the response of the superintellectual cosmos to the mortal hunger to believe in, and depend upon, the universal Deities. Evolutionary religion pictures the circuitous gropings of humanity in quest of truth; revelatory religion is that very truth.

(1007.4) 92:4.4 There have been many events of religious revelation but only five of epochal significance. These were as follows:

(1007.5) 92:4.5 1. The Dalamatian teachings. The true concept of the First Source and Center was first promulgated on Urantia by the one hundred corporeal members of Prince Caligastia’s staff. This expanding revelation of Deity went on for more than three hundred thousand years until it was suddenly terminated by the planetary secession and the disruption of the teaching regime. Except for the work of Van, the influence of the Dalamatian revelation was practically lost to the whole world. Even the Nodites had forgotten this truth by the time of Adam’s arrival. Of all who received the teachings of the one hundred, the red men held them longest, but the idea of the Great Spirit was but a hazy concept in Amerindian religion when contact with Christianity greatly clarified and strengthened it.

(1007.6) 92:4.6 2. The Edenic teachings. Adam and Eve again portrayed the concept of the Father of all to the evolutionary peoples. The disruption of the first Eden halted the course of the Adamic revelation before it had ever fully started. But the aborted teachings of Adam were carried on by the Sethite priests, and some of these truths have never been entirely lost to the world. The entire trend of Levantine religious evolution was modified by the teachings of the Sethites. But by 2500 B.C. mankind had largely lost sight of the revelation sponsored in the days of Eden.

(1007.7) 92:4.7 3. Melchizedek of Salem. This emergency Son of Nebadon inaugurated the third revelation of truth on Urantia. The cardinal precepts of his teachings were trust and faith. He taught trust in the omnipotent beneficence of God and proclaimed that faith was the act by which men earned God’s favor. His teachings gradually commingled with the beliefs and practices of various evolutionary religions and finally developed into those theologic systems present on Urantia at the opening of the first millennium after Christ.

(1008.1) 92:4.8 4. Jesus of Nazareth. Christ Michael presented for the fourth time to Urantia the concept of God as the Universal Father, and this teaching has generally persisted ever since. The essence of his teaching was love and service, the loving worship which a creature son voluntarily gives in recognition of, and response to, the loving ministry of God his Father; the freewill service which such creature sons bestow upon their brethren in the joyous realization that in this service they are likewise serving God the Father.

(1008.2) 92:4.9 5. The Urantia Papers. The papers, of which this is one, constitute the most recent presentation of truth to the mortals of Urantia. These papers differ from all previous revelations, for they are not the work of a single universe personality but a composite presentation by many beings. But no revelation short of the attainment of the Universal Father can ever be complete. All other celestial ministrations are no more than partial, transient, and practically adapted to local conditions in time and space. While such admissions as this may possibly detract from the immediate force and authority of all revelations, the time has arrived on Urantia when it is advisable to make such frank statements, even at the risk of weakening the future influence and authority of this, the most recent of the revelations of truth to the mortal races of Urantia.

There is more to come.

Caino

Thank you. I can agree that revelation of truth, that which has always been there, but not evident, can increase as humanity progresses into their HU-man-ity.

Do you know about Baha-u-llah? (I almost feel silly asking you that question... ) It was a sentence in one of his writings that allowed me to come to see that the truth is always present, and also that it will increase as our capacity to absorb it is magnified.

That sentence of his (paraphrased very closely,) was: "He that comes with a claim of a new revelation before a 1000 years has passed is surely a liar".

This sentence shocked me. LOL, seeing how I 'thought' I was sitting on new revelation. hahahaha... I did receive a great outpouring, but it was still 'old news'... nothing I knew/now know has not been already known. I praise God for all the methods He has of humbling His own.

Ahhh... humility... that which is actually great awe. :)

So, you see... I don't consider Urantia to be a new revelation, or a new dispensation, but is instead a re-writing of what has already gone before. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but if we let it, it can be one more reason/excuse for all of us to find/use to separate ourselves from one another, when we are all one... for those who can see it.

I say if anything helps a person come into closer union with God, and also into harmony with all of God's creation, then Praise God~. And, it may well be that Urantia has provided this for you at this point in your life.. what with it's apparently new knowledge and all. But, if something causes us to feel superior, and have other such soul maladies/sicknesses, then I think it best to reconsider that particular teaching.

With all the best for your journey,
Levolor

Levolor

Okay, that a little over 2,000 pages in the old published book-forms anyways. See here. My readings focused more in the cosmological/religious/philosophical aspects....the metaphysics,...while I have glossed over some of the historical/scientific articles.

Yes, it's quite the tome. I too was more interested in what you were focused on. I did read the other stuff...

Did you read thru this entire thread? - many topics have already been covered.

No, I haven't.

Truth of course in its essence, is eternally FRESH. We can slap the terms 'old' or 'new' to it, as a matter of reference, but that's our 'spin' :)

Yep. Our spin. :)

While truth or reality is ever present and eternal (infinite)....the revelation or unfolding of truth is ever 'progressive' and does unfold itself in 'ages' or 'dispensations' if you will, in the field of space-time.

And even so, the previous revealed truth remains... as a foundation. It is not dismissed or eradicated.
The UB happens to provide a specific template within which truth was revealed in a greater comprehension of 'light', within the limited knowledge of terms and science of the 'time' it was given (the context of human knowledge in the early 20th century). - the revelators speak rather clearly about these language-limitation factors in the giving of the papers.

Oh yeah... by the time I got around to reading the Urantia Papers I was like... okay, okay, okay... head nodding so to speak. So, prior to the reading it, I had already proposed concerning language limitations and changes: Do you suppose that in 6000 or 2000 years from now that people will understand what we have written?

Anyhow, I didn't see anything that was unavailable to anyone who had, how shall I say this, who had been given access to the information.
Bingo :)

It is the 'aha' moments that are re-cognitions of truth. Its all about cognizance.

Yes. The morning dawns. What the darkness hid just moments before is revealed by those rays of light coming over the horizon, and that is just the beginning because the day has it's course to run.

Hmmm,....while math has its source in the principles and ordered structure of the universe and Mind,....and has its 'equations',....there are some flexibilities in math and different kinds of math, if we consider the wonderful science of numerology. - its all 'relative' anyways,..since every number has its own value-meaning and significance ONLY in reference or relation to the other numbers.

LOL, well yeah, if you want to get into the esoteric equations.

Yes, in a sense,....since 're-cognition' is re-cognizing what is real or true ALREADY.

Liking the word play.. :).

Levolor

The Jesus story is certainly an ancient metaphor and concept, past down through cultures,

Christ is not a concept or metaphor. I have met Jesus, and He is not an allegory.

Yet, at the same time, I can recognize the value of myths, which are not untrue stories in my estimation. I am in agreement with Joseph Campbell. You?

...So I agree and add nothing new happened two 2,000 years ago ...

Except for a fact, among other facts, that the heavens were changed by Christ's sacrifice.

...that wasn't already being taught, ...

In small circles only, perhaps. As is usual, the masses were kept in the dark. Only those who truly desire will gain access by being willing to conform themselves to God's standards.

...it was literalized and corrupted for mass control and brain washing, but even that isn't new.

Exactly. This is nothing new. Those who desire control also have their means of retaining power. Much could, and has been, said about this, including their methods.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Thank you. I can agree that revelation of truth, that which has always been there, but not evident, can increase as humanity progresses into their HU-man-ity.

Do you know about Baha-u-llah? (I almost feel silly asking you that question... ) It was a sentence in one of his writings that allowed me to come to see that the truth is always present, and also that it will increase as our capacity to absorb it is magnified.

That sentence of his (paraphrased very closely,) was: "He that comes with a claim of a new revelation before a 1000 years has passed is surely a liar".

This sentence shocked me. LOL, seeing how I 'thought' I was sitting on new revelation. hahahaha... I did receive a great outpouring, but it was still 'old news'... nothing I knew/now know has not been already known. I praise God for all the methods He has of humbling His own.

Ahhh... humility... that which is actually great awe. :)

So, you see... I don't consider Urantia to be a new revelation, or a new dispensation, but is instead a re-writing of what has already gone before. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but if we let it, it can be one more reason/excuse for all of us to find/use to separate ourselves from one another, when we are all one... for those who can see it.

I say if anything helps a person come into closer union with God, and also into harmony with all of God's creation, then Praise God~. And, it may well be that Urantia has provided this for you at this point in your life.. what with it's apparently new knowledge and all. But, if something causes us to feel superior, and have other such soul maladies/sicknesses, then I think it best to reconsider that particular teaching.

With all the best for your journey,
Levolor

Btw, the revelation that came to John on Patmos was only 50 years after Jesus left.

Thanks

Caino

Levolor

Btw, the revelation that came to John on Patmos was only 50 years after Jesus left.

Thanks

Caino

And, you are saying this because?

If it is because of the new revelation idea, then consider the similarities between the book of Daniel and the book of Revelation.

(I consider the books to reveal the spiritual progression of an individual.)

Levolor

"He that comes with a claim of a new revelation before a 1000 years has passed is surely a liar".

Bahaullah said what he said sometime after the year 1880. Add a thousand years, and we'd get 2880.

The thousand years hadn't passed, yet.

Zeke

Levolor;3755321]Christ is not a concept or metaphor. I have met Jesus, and He is not an allegory.

Christ didn't just come along when Jesus is said to have walked the earth, Jesus (one of many) was a metaphor of Christ the inward man, Acts 9:5, Romans 7:21-22. This encounter was literal or vision?

Yet, at the same time, I can recognize the value of myths, which are not untrue stories in my estimation. I am in agreement with Joseph Campbell. You?

They may have some literal people and events weaved into the stories.
I don't think the cross was a literal one anymore, but something that happens within our skull 1Cor 2:16, not on some hill called skull, At least in my fact finding tour I haven't really found any reason or need to take it as being a literal event anymore. Encounter's or confrontation with Christ happens within Gods kingdom Acts 17:24, Luke 17:20-21, in a temple not made with hands, Galatians 4:6, 5:17, John 20:21, Outside that inner kingdom man is blinded by Spiritual Encounters Acts 9:7-8. Yea I like Joseph Campbell as well.

Except for a fact, among other facts, that the heavens were changed by Christ's sacrifice.
The sign of Pisces that is, be ye fishers of men John 21:6, now we are told to go see the man with the pitcher of water Luke 22:10, Romans 7:24, hopefully this is about to happen in this age because this creation is certainly groaning Romans 8:21-22.

In small circles only, perhaps. As is usual, the masses were kept in the dark. Only those who truly desire will gain access by being willing to conform themselves to God's standards.

It certainly resembles, and copies a lot from past cultures hermetic teachings, it's a universal teaching taught by sages and shamans over the ages.

Exactly. This is nothing new. Those who desire control also have their means of retaining power. Much could, and has been, said about this, including their methods.
Exactly that the literal Jesus story invented by the Priest and King Class caused it, or?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
an epochal revelation is 'new' at the time of its bestowal......

an epochal revelation is 'new' at the time of its bestowal......

It is 'new' in the sense that its an expansion upon the already existing volumes of human knowledge and does reveal new conceptual frames, terms, understandings, values and meanings within a greater cosmological context, as such relates to the structure and purpose of the universe(s) and the divine destiny and evolutionary progress of man.

I agree that if a religious text or 'scripture' helps one to unite to 'God' and his will, it is beneficial for one and all. I dont see how the UB can be anything but that, since its very purpose and clear revelation is all about just that, but putting all into its proper 'context' with a newly formatted and updated 'comprehension-view' of the cosmos. The revelators of the info. hold that what is given will probably 'hold' in its pertinence for centuries to come, before another major dispensational 'epochal' revelation comes forth, whether another divine Son incarnates or returns to earth to speed the process of our ascension along or not, as all things are evolving by the law of progress anyways.

pj

Status
Not open for further replies.