The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Looks like your own UB has stated that 'thought-adjustment' isn't part of what God does. :duh:

errrr, yea, that’s why your "puppet master" comment was from silence, but you haven’t read the book that’s why you keep saying inaccurate things.

Caino

Aimiel

No, it's adherents seem to misunderstand it even more than those who haven't even read it. I was arguing against thought-adjustment all along, which, apparently, your UB was, as well. :duh:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The 5th Epochal Revelation.....

The 5th Epochal Revelation.....

Thank you freelight. I highly respect your knowledge.

I, too, had difficulty at first with the term "Thought Adjuster" until I became familiar with the function of the indwelling fragment of the Father (even that sounds sterile until you realize that that "fragment" IS the Father). I have found many times that I actually KNOW when the spirit is "adjusting" my thoughts. When you resolve in yourself to allow the indwelling spirit to lead and guide you, and you spend time in communion with God, you begin to have that personal connection that can't be mistaken and you are transformed.

"Be transformed by the renewing of your mind". This is task of the Thought Adjuster - renewing your mind.

110:4.2 The Thought Adjuster is engaged in a constant effort so to spiritualize your mind as to evolve your morontia soul; but you yourself are mostly unconscious of this inner ministry. You are quite incapable of distinguishing the product of your own material intellect from that of the conjoint activities of your soul and the Adjuster.

OT

Blessings OT,

Beautifully stated :) - the 'TA' is a significant part of the 5th Epochal Revelation and adds to our spiritual knowledge of how the the soul and God are 'joined' and commune with each other. Also that it is 'pre-personal' yet becomes infused with the soul (and its personality) is even a more wonderful 'marriage' and 'mystery'! (when the soul acheives its 'ascension' or becomes 'immortalized' for eternity).

Also the UB's elaboration on the significance of 'personality' is stellar! - shared in the very first Paper on The Universal Father (particularly the last 3 sections).

pj

horiturk

i might pick up a UB copy tomorrow and give it a read,theres a used copy at a store near me that i saw the other day for ten bucks so at least if i don't care for it it's not that bad

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
hitch your wagon to a star - Emerson

hitch your wagon to a star - Emerson

i might pick up a UB copy tomorrow and give it a read,theres a used copy at a store near me that i saw the other day for ten bucks so at least if i don't care for it it's not that bad

Super thought hori,

It will make a wonderful contribution to your spiritual library. Also, you have our online resources freely shared here in the 2 Urantia threads and the main portal site which I usually share - The UB Fellowship. The Papers give a comphrehensive review of all the major world religions. I've shared its synposis on Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism in respective threads here, as 'standards' ;)

Take what resonates..............

pj

Aimiel

Careful... if you don't believe in God, after reading the UB, you may just end up believing in the wrong god. :duh:

JWStipple

Careful... if you don't believe in God, after reading the UB, you may just end up believing in the wrong god.

Well...unless you're perfect and infallible, Aimiel, you're not really qualified to tell folks who the "right" or "wrong" god is. The UB at least paints a vision of a god that is far more honorable, more accessible, more appealing, more god-like than the god of the bible.

A better god can't be the wrong god.

Aimiel

There is only One God, Who is Holy, and the UB doesn't represent Him; it represents an imaginary god which doesn't exist, and twists God's Word to make It into a lie.

JWStipple

There is only One God, Who is Holy, and the UB doesn't represent Him; it represents an imaginary god which doesn't exist, and twists God's Word to make It into a lie.

Aimiel...unless you're perfect...unless you're infallible...then your "only" god is nothing more than your opinion. Are you infallible?

Aimiel

Aimiel...unless you're perfect...unless you're infallible...then your "only" god is nothing more than your opinion. Are you infallible?
I know in Whom I have believed. My spirit is in perfect communion with Him. Infallible? No one in this earth is infallible, but I know The One Who is infallible. He is The One Who said Who He is, I just happen to believe Him. Whether I do or not doesn't effect the fact that He is The One True God. Not believing in Him doesn't make imaginary gods real, it just makes them seem real to the one who's deceived.

Proverbs 16:25
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"When Simon Zelotes and Jesus were alone, Simon asked the Master: “Why is it that I could not persuade him? Why did he so resist me and so readily lend an ear to you?” Jesus answered: “Simon, Simon, how many times have I instructed you to refrain from all efforts to take something out of the hearts of those who seek salvation? How often have I told you to labor only to put something into these hungry souls? Lead men into the kingdom, and the great and living truths of the kingdom will presently drive out all serious error. When you have presented to mortal man the good news that God is his Father, you can the easier persuade him that he is in reality a son of God. And having done that, you have brought the light of salvation to the one who sits in darkness. Simon, when the Son of Man came first to you, did he come denouncing Moses and the prophets and proclaiming a new and better way of life? No. I came not to take away that which you had from your forefathers but to show you the perfected vision of that which your fathers saw only in part. Go then, Simon, teaching and preaching the kingdom, and when you have a man safely and securely within the kingdom, then is the time, when such a one shall come to you with inquiries, to impart instruction having to do with the progressive advancement of the soul within the divine kingdom.”

JWStipple

I know in Whom I have believed.

You're avoiding saying that you're fallible here.

My spirit is in perfect communion with Him.
You can only know this if you're infallible. Otherwise...it's just another belief, another opinion.

Infallible? No one in this earth is infallible...

Okay...so we can hold you to that?

...but I know The One Who is infallible.

Well...unless you're infallible, your "knowledge" is subject to error.

He is The One Who said Who He is, I just happen to believe Him.

Belief is not fact...so what you're saying is that this is just your belief.

Whether I do or not doesn't effect the fact that He is The One True God.

More belief...more opinion...from someone who's just as fallible as anyone else is.

Not believing in Him doesn't make imaginary gods real, it just makes them seem real to the one who's deceived.

Unless you're infallible, you don't really know if you're being deceived or not. So this is just your opinion, your belief, isn't it?

Aimiel

You're avoiding saying that you're fallible here.
While I have to admit that I am fallible, being human; I also have to tell about The One Who lives in me Who is infallible.
Belief is not fact...so what you're saying is that this is just your belief.
Yes, faith in God is a requirement, to enter His Kingdom. Only those who believe in Him will ever find Him. Having false gods isn't belief, though.
Unless you're infallible, you don't really know if you're being deceived or not. So this is just your opinion, your belief, isn't it?
The knowledge that God gives us, individually, cannot be expressed or shared. The only way that you can find Him is to seek and search for Him with all of your heart. Unless you do that, all you will ever have is guesswork and supposition. He promised that He would be found, but if you haven't yet found Him, it's because you haven't sought Him hard enough.

Jeremiah 29:13
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

JWStipple

While I have to admit that I am fallible, being human; I also have to tell about The One Who lives in me Who is infallible.

Well, if you're not perfect, then your assessment of who lives in you and who doesn't is only belief and opinion, isn't it? There's nothing wrong with that...but let's call it what it is...and quit pretending that it's anything more than that.

Yes, faith in God is a requirement, to enter His Kingdom. Only those who believe in Him will ever find Him. Having false gods isn't belief, though.

If you're not perfect, then it's only your best guess...your belief...your opinion...on what a "false" and a "true" god is, isn't it?

The knowledge that God gives us, individually, cannot be expressed or shared. The only way that you can find Him is to seek and search for Him with all of your heart. Unless you do that, all you will ever have is guesswork and supposition. He promised that He would be found, but if you haven't yet found Him, it's because you haven't sought Him hard enough.

What if I've found him...but he reveals things to me that would be too hard for others to hear or understand?

Aimiel

Well, if you're not perfect, then your assessment of who lives in you and who doesn't is only belief and opinion, isn't it? There's nothing wrong with that...but let's call it what it is...and quit pretending that it's anything more than that.
You can argue semantics all you want, it isn't anything more than a defense mechanism, though. You're fogging, to dodge the issue.
If you're not perfect, then it's only your best guess...your belief...your opinion...on what a "false" and a "true" god is, isn't it?
More fog.
What if I've found him...but he reveals things to me that would be too hard for others to hear or understand?
You've only found a false god. There is no private interpretation of prophecy.

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

God has chosen to reveal Himself in The Holy Scriptures. They aren't the end, they are the means, and are designed to lead to a relationship with Him. Attempting to come to God any other way than through Jesus' Blood makes you a thief and a robber.

John 10:1
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
From the preincarnate instructions given to Jesus prior to his coming to Urantia/earth:

FURTHER COUNSEL AND ADVICE

120:3.1 "And now, my brother, in taking leave of you as you prepare to depart for Urantia and after counseling you regarding the general conduct of your bestowal, allow me to present certain advices that have been arrived at in consultation with Gabriel, and which concern minor phases of your mortal life. We further suggest:

120:3.2 "1. That, in the pursuit of the ideal of your mortal earth life, you also give some attention to the realization and exemplification of some things practical and immediately helpful to your fellow men.

120:3.3 "2. As concerns family relationships, give precedence to the accepted customs of family life as you find them established in the day and generation of your bestowal. Live your family and community life in accordance with the practices of the people among whom you have elected to appear.

120:3.4 "3. In your relations to the social order we advise that you confine your efforts largely to spiritual regeneration and intellectual emancipation. Avoid all entanglements with the economic structure and the political commitments of your day. More especially devote yourself to living the ideal religious life on Urantia.

120:3.5 "4. Under no circumstances and not even in the least detail, should you interfere with the normal and orderly progressive evolution of the Urantia races. But this prohibition must not be interpreted as limiting your efforts to leave behind you on Urantia an enduring and improved system of positive religious ethics. As a dispensational Son you are granted certain privileges pertaining to the advancement of the spiritual and religious status of the world peoples.

120:3.6 "5. As you may see fit, you are to identify yourself with existing religious and spiritual movements as they may be found on Urantia but in every possible manner seek to avoid the formal establishment of an organized cult, a crystallized religion, or a segregated ethical grouping of mortal beings. Your life and teachings are to become the common heritage of all religions and all peoples.

120:3.7 "6. To the end that you may not unnecessarily contribute to the creation of subsequent stereotyped systems of Urantia religious beliefs or other types of nonprogressive religious loyalties, we advise you still further: Leave no writings behind you on the planet. Refrain from all writing upon permanent materials; enjoin your associates to make no images or other likenesses of yourself in the flesh. See that nothing potentially idolatrous is left on the planet at the time of your departure.

120:3.8 "7. While you will live the normal and average social life of the planet, being a normal individual of the male sex, you will probably not enter the marriage relation, which relation would be wholly honorable and consistent with your bestowal; but I must remind you that one of the incarnation mandates of Sonarington forbids the leaving of human offspring behind on any planet by a bestowal Son of Paradise origin.

120:3.9 "8. In all other details of your oncoming bestowal we would commit you to the leading of the indwelling Adjuster, the teaching of the ever-present divine spirit of human guidance, and the reason-judgment of your expanding human mind of hereditary endowment. Such an association of creature and Creator attributes will enable you to live for us the perfect life of man on the planetary spheres, not necessarily perfect as regarded by any one man in any one generation on any one world (much less on Urantia) but wholly and supremely replete as evaluated on the more highly perfected and perfecting worlds of your far-flung universe.

120:3.10 "And now, may your Father and my Father, who has ever sustained us in all past performances, guide and sustain you and be with you from the moment you leave us and achieve the surrender of your consciousness of personality, throughout your gradual return to recognition of your divine identity incarnate in human form, and then on through the whole of your bestowal experience on Urantia until your deliverance from the flesh and your ascension to our Father's right hand of sovereignty. When I shall again see you on Salvington, we shall welcome your return to us as the supreme and unconditional sovereign of this universe of your own making, serving, and completed understanding.

120:3.11 "In your stead I now reign. I assume jurisdiction of all Nebadon as acting sovereign during the interim of your seventh and mortal bestowal on Urantia. And to you, Gabriel, I commit the safekeeping of the Son of Man about-to-be until he shall presently and in power and glory be returned to me as the Son of Man and the Son of God. And, Gabriel, I am your sovereign until Michael thus returns."

Caino

Aimiel

Jesus didn't have any pre-incarnate 'brothers' since He created the angels. :duh:

John 1:3
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
mutual respect.............

mutual respect.............

:) One can only go with what 'version' of 'God' best makes sense to them at any time, such will be influenced by their own personal conditioning, culture, education, philosophical predispositions, preferences, intellectual endowment and spiritual aptitude, obviously.

Anyone who assumes their concept, image, version of 'God' is the only true one is bordering delusional, since 'God' is the only One Universal Reality wherein all 'else' arises and has its existence. - the various world religions all reflect difference aspects of the same essential reality, however that is conditioned thru the 'human' filter.

Over 60% of the world's faith population is also non-christian. Source.

'God' is revealed to each individual uniquely. Respect granted towards this fact is appreciated, as well as recognizing the common ground that 'God' is as the source of life.

pj

Status
Not open for further replies.