The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
The ethnic Israelites compiled the scriptures which are about themselves as a nation.
If you're talking about the Bible, that is God breathed.
Their secular history books vanished although those books are still mentioned in their revised scripture books.
Whatever that means.
It’s like the Democrats in America controlling the media message.
Poor example. But what does that have to do with the God breathed scriptures called the Bible?
The Messianic expectations of Israel failed, so Jewish followers of Jesus devised new expectations that Jesus would “soon return” to restore the Kingdom of Israel and carry out what they were expecting the first time.
Jesus said that He would soon return.
Mat 10:23 KJV But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.
Your Bible illiteracy is monumental.
Since the Jews rejected their calling, rejected the Gospel of God on earth in Jesus, protection and oversight was pulled away and Jerusalem was destroyed.
Indeed, and yet God says that He will restore Israel.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Your point? The 10 commandments didn't disappear when the tablets broke...
It all reappears again after the tablets supposedly written by God were deliberately smashed by Moses??? according to the story.

There are 2 sets of commandments that differ, but the point is that which the story claims God wrote in stone was destroyed.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
If you're talking about the Bible, that is God breathed.
Written by the fallible men who could even kill the Son of God. Exaggerating their history in the scripture was even easier for them.

Whatever that means.
It means that the true secular history books didn't make the cut.

Poor example. But what does that have to do with the God breathed scriptures called the Bible?
The Israelites wrote their own scripture about how God favored Israel. But after being born again Peter realized the "chosen people" delusion was wrong. "Then Peter began to speak: Acts 10:34-35 “I now truly understand that God does not show favoritism, 35but welcomes those from every nation who fear Him and do what is right."

Jesus said that He would soon return.

Your Bible illiteracy is monumental.

Mat 10:23 KJV But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.
The context of "Till the Son of man be come" was about the "spirit of truth" that came on Pentecost, not the future literal return that the early believers assumed would happen.

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It all reappears again after the tablets supposedly written by God were deliberately smashed by Moses???

They never disappeared to begin with. The tablets may have broken, but the commandments did not go away.

according to the story.

There are 2 sets of commandments that differ,

Where's your proof?

but the point is that which the story claims God wrote in stone was destroyed.

So what? The commandments themselves were not broken by Moses. Or what, do you think that just because a couple of stone tablets were broken, therefore the laws written on them ceased to exist?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Written by the fallible men who could even kill the Son of God.

Yes, God can use even His broken creation to accomplish a task.

Exaggerating their history in the scripture was even easier for them.

No exaggeration at all.

It means that the true secular history books didn't make the cut.

Such books never existed to begin with.

The Israelites wrote their own scripture

Well, no. They didn't. God's prophets did.

about how God favored Israel.

Are you asserting that He didn't favor Israel?

But after being born again Peter realized the "chosen people" delusion was wrong.

More fairy tale.

"Then Peter began to speak: Acts 10:34-35 “I now truly understand that God does not show favoritism, 35but welcomes those from every nation who fear Him and do what is right."

This is AFTER Paul's conversion, after the revelation of the mystery, which had been hidden to everyone.

And yet, God will return to Israel, and welcome her back, once the fullness of the Gentiles comes in.

The context of "Till the Son of man be come" was about the "spirit of truth" that came on Pentecost, not the future literal return that the early believers assumed would happen.

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Nope. The "Son of Man" is Jesus Christ. That was His favorite title for Himself when He was on earth.

Don't twist scripture just because you aren't capable of understanding it.

Right Divider

Body part
Written by the fallible men who could even kill the Son of God.
Apparently you cannot understand what GOD BREATHTED means.
Exaggerating their history in the scripture was even easier for them.
The Bible tells the whole story, even the bad stuff about them.
The Israelites wrote their own scripture about how God favored Israel. But after being born again Peter realized the "chosen people" delusion was wrong. "Then Peter began to speak: Acts 10:34-35 “I now truly understand that God does not show favoritism, 35but welcomes those from every nation who fear Him and do what is right."
Again, you confuse things. God most certainly showed the NATION of Israel some "favoritism" when He separated THEM from ALL of the OTHER people on earth.
Trying to REDEFINE terms is a LIE!
The SON OF MAN is NOT "the spirit of truth".
The SON OF MAN refers to Jesus' role as ruler of the earth.
Again, you do not understand what He was talking about.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
They never disappeared to begin with. The tablets may have broken, but the commandments did not go away.

Where's your proof?

So what? The commandments themselves were not broken by Moses. Or what, do you think that just because a couple of stone tablets were broken, therefore the laws written on them ceased to exist?
Your claim that God can protect his own written word except a few translation errors was debunked by the story that Moses smashed Gods own written in stone Word after coming down from Sini. Not that I believe God ever wrote in stone to begin with. Moses's followers were frightened of the volcano so he used that in his reforms of the old ways that were used in Egypt and his new ways after Exodus.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Apparently you cannot understand what GOD BREATHTED means.

The Bible tells the whole story, even the bad stuff about them.

Again, you confuse things. God most certainly showed the NATION of Israel some "favoritism" when He separated THEM from ALL of the OTHER people on earth.

Trying to REDEFINE terms is a LIE!
The SON OF MAN is NOT "the spirit of truth".
The SON OF MAN refers to Jesus' role as ruler of the earth.

Again, you do not understand what He was talking about.
I know what Jesus was talking about, the spirit of truth that he promised. It came on Pentecost. If you deny that the Son of man came into his kingdom at Pentecost then we have one more failed prophecy. ....."There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Such books never existed to begin with.
The following are mentioned in the Hebrew Bible:

Right Divider

Body part
I know what Jesus was talking about, the spirit of truth that he promised.
Jesus said that HE (i.e., the Son of Man) would return. He was NOT talking about the "spirit of truth".
It came on Pentecost.
That was NOT the SON OF MAN per Matthew 10:23.
If you deny that the Son of man came into his kingdom at Pentecost then we have one more failed prophecy. ....."There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."
If do not deny that scripture. I deny your idea of what it means.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Your claim that God can protect his own written word except a few translation errors was debunked by the story that Moses smashed Gods own written in stone Word after coming down from Sini.

1) My claim was not "God can protect His own written word". It was "God can write a book in such a way that it can survive a few errors being introduced into it and still retain its original message."
2) Moses smashing of the tablets in no way invalidates my above claim, as no errors were introduced, and nothing changed other than which tablets the 10 commandments were written on.

Not that I believe God ever wrote in stone to begin with.

Of course you don't, because you reject Truth.

Moses's followers were frightened of the volcano

Mount Sinai isn't a volcano.

More proof that your belief is in a fairy tale.

so he used that in his reforms of the old ways that were used in Egypt and his new ways after Exodus.

More fairy tale.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I know what Jesus was talking about,

No, you don't.

the spirit of truth that he promised. It came on Pentecost.

The Son of Man is not the spirit of truth.

If you deny that the Son of man came into his kingdom at Pentecost

Christ never returned when He said He would.

Pentecost wasn't the due date for His return.

then we have one more failed prophecy. .....

Why do you think that failed prophecies are a problem for us?

"There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."

Yes, and?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The following are mentioned in the Hebrew Bible:

Yes, and?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Son of Man is not the spirit of truth.

Christ never returned when He said He would.

Pentecost wasn't the due date for His return.

Why do you think that failed prophecies are a problem for us?
Jesus sent the Advocate as promised and before his apostles died. The Kingdom is spiritual and Jesus is here now as a spiritual presence.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus said that HE (i.e., the Son of Man) would return. He was NOT talking about the "spirit of truth".

That was NOT the SON OF MAN per Matthew 10:23.

If do not deny that scripture. I deny your idea of what it means.
What it means already came true. You continue to stumble over the old ideas of a Jewish Messiah coming to rescue Israel from the consequences of its own failed prophecies about its nationalism.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus sent the Advocate as promised and before his apostles died.
The "Advocate" is NOT the Son of Man.
The Kingdom is spiritual and Jesus is here now as a spiritual presence.
There has always been a spiritual kingdom. The events on that lawfully required Jewish feast day were completely in line with the kingdom prophecies related to the nation of Israel.

You believe in fairy tales.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The "Advocate" is NOT the Son of Man.

There has always been a spiritual kingdom. The events on that lawfully required Jewish feast day were completely in line with the kingdom prophecies related to the nation of Israel.

You believe in fairy tales.
The Advocate is "spirit". Jesus is with us in spirit. The nation of Israel was destroyed for 1900+ years. Its a museum to a broken covenant and no longer relevant to disciples of Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.