The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lon

48:6.33 Law is life itself and not the rules of its conduct.
No. The Law (any law) is present to warn against its infraction 'after' the one who needs it is already transgressing it. "Through one man, sin came to the world..."
Evil is a transgression of law, not a violation of the rules of conduct pertaining to life, which is the law.
Dr. Sadler is contradicting himself but at least you and I know the UB is wrong (again).
Falsehood is not a matter of narration technique but something premeditated as a perversion of truth.
No it is not. False simply means 'not true.' As I said before, the UB waxes meaningless platitudes.
The creation of new pictures out of old facts, the restatement of parental life in the lives of offspring—these are the artistic triumphs of truth.
I'm sure he was TRYING to be poetic in his waxing. This ain't it and is pretty meaningless drivel.
The shadow of a hair's turning, premeditated for an untrue purpose, the slightest twisting or perversion of that which is principle—these constitute falseness. But the fetish of factualized truth, fossilized truth, the iron band of so-called unchanging truth, holds one blindly in a closed circle of cold fact.
Frankly, 'not intelligent.' It means not too bright and wrong. This is all ignorance speaking ignorance.

One can be technically right as to fact and everlastingly wrong in the truth." UB 1955
Incorrect.

Lon

Its disingenuous to have a forum for Religions if you can’t
handle the discussion of other beliefs.
This isn't 'discussion' it is simply YOU plaguerizing/reprinting the UB with very little comment. I think "I" have said more of my own words in the few pages I've participated than you have in the whole of 543 pages of wasted bandwidth. TOL was never supposed to be that.
Hell is a fictional place created by shamans and con artists who have no truth to teach.
I didn't create it. YOU are accusing GOD of this. YOU are.
There is either life or death.
This isn't worth my time (and I'd have to give poor grades and comment if I did take the time). You aren't dealing in life's factual.
The obsession with salvation is self centered.
Really? When we cannot save ourselves and Another has to save? 🤔 You (and the UB) have your ups down, and down ups, just like the one who fell, Caino (and the UB).

Caino

BANNED
Banned
This isn't 'discussion' it is simply YOU plaguerizing/reprinting the UB with very little comment. I think "I" have said more of my own words in the few pages I've participated than you have in the whole of 543 pages of wasted bandwidth. TOL was never supposed to be that.

I didn't create it. YOU are accusing GOD of this. YOU are.

This isn't worth my time (and I'd have to give poor grades and comment if I did take the time). You aren't dealing in life's factual.

Really? When we cannot save ourselves and Another has to save? 🤔 You (and the UB) have your ups down, and down ups, just like the one who fell, Caino (and the UB).
Faith and the responsibility that comes with sonship with God is the only requirement for salvation.

Salvation can be taken for granted by those who by faith realize the Fatherhood of God and brotherhood on man.

The atonement doctrine is rooted in self centeredness. Its a cop out from dedication to doing Gods will in all aspects of life.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
No. The Law (any law) is present to warn against its infraction 'after' the one who needs it is already transgressing it. "Through one man, sin came to the world..."

Dr. Sadler is contradicting himself but at least you and I know the UB is wrong (again).

No it is not. False simply means 'not true.' As I said before, the UB waxes meaningless platitudes.

I'm sure he was TRYING to be poetic in his waxing. This ain't it and is pretty meaningless drivel.

Frankly, 'not intelligent.' It means not too bright and wrong. This is all ignorance speaking ignorance.

Incorrect.
Could be that you deliberately misunderstand it.

Lon

Faith and the responsibility that comes with sonship with God is the only requirement for salvation.
There is no such thing as 'salvation from anything' in the UB. It isn't 'salvation' just a bit of supposed (not really) 'enlightenment.' Like I told , it is a book of platitudes. I literally wouldn't have to know any of it if I were a 'good urantian.' There literally is no need for the book. It tells me to do nothing. It has no written expectation of me.
Salvation can be taken for granted by those who by faith realize the Fatherhood of God and brotherhood on man.
Which isn't 'salvation.' : Plain:
The atonement doctrine is rooted in self centeredness. Its a cop out from dedication to doing Gods will in all aspects of life.
No it isn't. Literally anyone who is in Christ IS a new creation. The old has passed away. 2 Corinthians 5:17

The REASON you rejected Christianity is this never happened in your life. Flesh is old wine in old wineskins.

New creations are no longer 'self'-centered but Him-centered. YOUR UB is the one that is egocentric. It literally leaves you the way you were with no change at all. The 'enlightenment' from platitudes? Exactly what was already in your head leaving you with 'amen, preach it,' and 'right.' Isn't that MORE egocentric than a faith that actually requires ME to change to HIS image??? 🤔

Lon

Could be that you deliberately misunderstand it.
No, I've a few degrees... Your ups are down, and your downs are up. Its topsy turvy where good is 'bad' (Jesus' precious blood) and bad is good (you don't need anything for your sin issue, it doesn't exist and nothing is needed to wash it away). Old wine in old wineskins Caino.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
There is no such thing as 'salvation from anything' in the UB. It isn't 'salvation' just a bit of supposed (not really) 'enlightenment.' Like I told , it is a book of platitudes. I literally wouldn't have to know any of it if I were a 'good urantian.' There literally is no need for the book. It tells me to do nothing. It has no written expectation of me.

Which isn't 'salvation.' : Plain:

No it isn't. Literally anyone who is in Christ IS a new creation. The old has passed away. 2 Corinthians 5:17

The REASON you rejected Christianity is this never happened in your life. Flesh is old wine in old wineskins.

New creations are no longer 'self'-centered but Him-centered. YOUR UB is the one that is egocentric. It literally leaves you the way you were with no change at all. The 'enlightenment' from platitudes? Exactly what was already in your head leaving you with 'amen, preach it,' and 'right.' Isn't that MORE egocentric than a faith that actually requires ME to change to HIS image??? 🤔
Salvation from death is real, but recalling that you haven't read the book its understandable why you keep saying uniformed, biased things.

I rejected the confused, sect divided religion about Jesus in favor of the religion of Jesus. I'm a disciple of the religion of Jesus that Jesus first went to the Jews with, the gospel that they would be preaching today from the 2nd Temple had they not rejected that Gospel of the Kingdom and killed the Son "He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.

Because you have sincerely cast your lot with the after cross, second version of the Gospel, never realizing there was an original version, you have no choice but to vilify me or anything that conflicts with your faith.

In answer to Thomas's question, “Who is this God of the kingdom?” Jesus replied: “God is your Father, and religion —my gospel—is nothing more nor less than the believing recognition of the truth that you are his son. And I am here among you in the flesh to make clear both of these ideas in my life and teachings.”

“When men and women ask what shall we do to be saved, you shall answer, Believe this gospel of the kingdom; accept divine forgiveness. By faith recognize the indwelling spirit of God, whose acceptance makes you a son of God. Have you not read in the Scriptures where it says, `In the Lord have I righteousness and strength.' Also where the Father says, `My righteousness is near; my salvation has gone forth, and my arms shall enfold my people.' `My soul shall be joyful in the love of my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation and has covered me with the robe of his righteousness.' Have you not also read of the Father that his name `shall be called the Lord our righteousness.' `Take away the filthy rags of self-righteousness and clothe my son with the robe of divine righteousness and eternal salvation.' It is forever true, `the just shall live by faith.' Entrance into the Father's kingdom is wholly free, but progress—growth in grace—is essential to continuance therein.

150:5.3 “Salvation is the gift of the Father and is revealed by his Sons. Acceptance by faith on your part makes you a partaker of the divine nature, a son or a daughter of God. By faith you are justified; by faith are you saved; and by this same faith are you eternally advanced in the way of progressive and divine perfection. By faith was Abraham justified and made aware of salvation by the teachings of Melchizedek. All down through the ages has this same faith saved the sons of men, but now has a Son come forth from the Father to make salvation more real and acceptable.”

150:5.4 When Jesus had left off speaking, there was great rejoicing among those who had heard these gracious words, and they all went on in the days that followed proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom with new power and with renewed energy and enthusiasm. And the women rejoiced all the more to know they were included in these plans for the establishment of the kingdom on earth.

150:5.5 In summing up his final statement, Jesus said: “You cannot buy salvation; you cannot earn righteousness. Salvation is the gift of God, and righteousness is the natural fruit of the spirit-born life of sonship in the kingdom. You are not to be saved because you live a righteous life; rather is it that you live a righteous life because you have already been saved, have recognized sonship as the gift of God and service in the kingdom as the supreme delight of life on earth. When men believe this gospel, which is a revelation of the goodness of God, they will be led to voluntary repentance of all known sin. Realization of sonship is incompatible with the desire to sin. Kingdom believers hunger for righteousness and thirst for divine perfection.”

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Born again, the spiritual birth

"Religion is functional in the human mind and has been realized in experience prior to its appearance in human consciousness. A child has been in existence about nine months before it experiences birth. But the "birth" of religion is not sudden; it is rather a gradual emergence. Nevertheless, sooner or later there is a "birth day." You do not enter the kingdom of heaven unless you have been "born again"— born of the spirit. Many spiritual births are accompanied by much anguish of spirit and marked psychological perturbations, as many physical births are characterized by a "stormy labor" and other abnormalities of "delivery." Other spiritual births are a natural and normal growth of the recognition of supreme values with an enhancement of spiritual experience, albeit no religious development occurs without conscious effort and positive and individual determinations. Religion is never a passive experience, a negative attitude. What is termed the "birth of religion" is not directly associated with so-called conversion experiences which usually characterize religious episodes occurring later in life as a result of mental conflict, emotional repression, and temperamental upheavals." UB 1955

142:6.4 Jesus answered Nicodemus: “Verily, verily, I say to you, Nicodemus, except a man be born from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Then replied Nicodemus: “But how can a man be born again when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born.”

142:6.5 Jesus said: “Nevertheless, I declare to you, except a man be born of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the spirit is spirit. But you should not marvel that I said you must be born from above. When the wind blows, you hear the rustle of the leaves, but you do not see the wind—whence it comes or whither it goes—and so it is with everyone born of the spirit. With the eyes of the flesh you can behold the manifestations of the spirit, but you cannot actually discern the spirit.”

142:6.6 Nicodemus replied: “But I do not understand—how can that be?” Said Jesus: “Can it be that you are a teacher in Israel and yet ignorant of all this? It becomes, then, the duty of those who know about the realities of the spirit to reveal these things to those who discern only the manifestations of the material world. But will you believe us if we tell you of the heavenly truths? Do you have the courage, Nicodemus, to believe in one who has descended from heaven, even the Son of Man?”

142:6.7 And Nicodemus said: “But how can I begin to lay hold upon this spirit which is to remake me in preparation for entering into the kingdom?” Jesus answered: “Already does the spirit of the Father in heaven indwell you. If you would be led by this spirit from above, very soon would you begin to see with the eyes of the spirit, and then by the wholehearted choice of spirit guidance would you be born of the spirit since your only purpose in living would be to do the will of your Father who is in heaven. And so finding yourself born of the spirit and happily in the kingdom of God, you would begin to bear in your daily life the abundant fruits of the spirit.”

142:6.8 Nicodemus was thoroughly sincere. He was deeply impressed but went away bewildered. Nicodemus was accomplished in self-development, in self-restraint, and even in high moral qualities. He was refined, egoistic, and altruistic; but he did not know how to submit his will to the will of the divine Father as a little child is willing to submit to the guidance and leading of a wise and loving earthly father, thereby becoming in reality a son of God, a progressive heir of the eternal kingdom.

142:6.9 But Nicodemus did summon faith enough to lay hold of the kingdom. He faintly protested when his colleagues of the Sanhedrin sought to condemn Jesus without a hearing; and with Joseph of Arimathea, he later boldly acknowledged his faith and claimed the body of Jesus, even when most of the disciples had fled in fear from the scenes of their Master's final suffering and death.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Born again

No, I've a few degrees... Your ups are down, and your downs are up. Its topsy turvy where good is 'bad' (Jesus' precious blood) and bad is good (you don't need anything for your sin issue, it doesn't exist and nothing is needed to wash it away). Old wine in old wineskins Caino.

Rebuttal to Lon from what's actually in the book he hasn't read.

THE SECOND DISCOURSE ON RELIGION​

Jesus im Kreise seiner Junger by Rembrandt
155:6.1 And so, while they paused in the shade of the hillside, Jesus continued to teach them regarding the religion of the spirit, in substance saying:

155:6.2 You have come out from among those of your fellows who choose to remain satisfied with a religion of mind, who crave security and prefer conformity. You have elected to exchange your feelings of authoritative certainty for the assurances of the spirit of adventurous and progressive faith. You have dared to protest against the grueling bondage of institutional religion and to reject the authority of the traditions of record which are now regarded as the word of God. Our Father did indeed speak through Moses, Elijah, Isaiah, Amos, and Hosea, but he did not cease to minister words of truth to the world when these prophets of old made an end of their utterances. My Father is no respecter of races or generations in that the word of truth is vouchsafed one age and withheld from another. Commit not the folly of calling that divine which is wholly human, and fail not to discern the words of truth which come not through the traditional oracles of supposed inspiration.

155:6.3 I have called upon you to be born again, to be born of the spirit. I have called you out of the darkness of authority and the lethargy of tradition into the transcendent light of the realization of the possibility of making for yourselves the greatest discovery possible for the human soul to make—the supernal experience of finding God for yourself, in yourself, and of yourself, and of doing all this as a fact in your own personal experience. And so may you pass from death to life, from the authority of tradition to the experience of knowing God; thus will you pass from darkness to light, from a racial faith inherited to a personal faith achieved by actual experience; and thereby will you progress from a theology of mind handed down by your ancestors to a true religion of spirit which shall be built up in your souls as an eternal endowment.

155:6.4 Your religion shall change from the mere intellectual belief in traditional authority to the actual experience of that living faith which is able to grasp the reality of God and all that relates to the divine spirit of the Father. The religion of the mind ties you hopelessly to the past; the religion of the spirit consists in progressive revelation and ever beckons you on toward higher and holier achievements in spiritual ideals and eternal realities.

155:6.5 While the religion of authority may impart a present feeling of settled security, you pay for such a transient satisfaction the price of the loss of your spiritual freedom and religious liberty. My Father does not require of you as the price of entering the kingdom of heaven that you should force yourself to subscribe to a belief in things which are spiritually repugnant, unholy, and untruthful. It is not required of you that your own sense of mercy, justice, and truth should be outraged by submission to an outworn system of religious forms and ceremonies. The religion of the spirit leaves you forever free to follow the truth wherever the leadings of the spirit may take you. And who can judge—perhaps this spirit may have something to impart to this generation which other generations have refused to hear?

155:6.6 Shame on those false religious teachers who would drag hungry souls back into the dim and distant past and there leave them! And so are these unfortunate persons doomed to become frightened by every new discovery, while they are discomfited by every new revelation of truth. The prophet who said, “He will be kept in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on God.” was not a mere intellectual believer in authoritative theology. This truth-knowing human had discovered God; he was not merely talking about God.

155:6.7 I admonish you to give up the practice of always quoting the prophets of old and praising the heroes of Israel, and instead aspire to become living prophets of the Most High and spiritual heroes of the coming kingdom. To honor the God-knowing leaders of the past may indeed be worth while, but why, in so doing, should you sacrifice the supreme experience of human existence: finding God for yourselves and knowing him in your own souls?

155:6.8 Every race of mankind has its own mental outlook upon human existence; therefore must the religion of the mind ever run true to these various racial viewpoints. Never can the religions of authority come to unification. Human unity and mortal brotherhood can be achieved only by and through the superendowment of the religion of the spirit. Racial minds may differ, but all mankind is indwelt by the same divine and eternal spirit. The hope of human brotherhood can only be realized when, and as, the divergent mind religions of authority become impregnated with, and overshadowed by, the unifying and ennobling religion of the spirit—the religion of personal spiritual experience.

155:6.9 The religions of authority can only divide men and set them in conscientious array against each other; the religion of the spirit will progressively draw men together and cause them to become understandingly sympathetic with one another. The religions of authority require of men uniformity in belief, but this is impossible of realization in the present state of the world. The religion of the spirit requires only unity of experience—uniformity of destiny—making full allowance for diversity of belief. The religion of the spirit requires only uniformity of insight, not uniformity of viewpoint and outlook. The religion of the spirit does not demand uniformity of intellectual views, only unity of spirit feeling. The religions of authority crystallize into lifeless creeds; the religion of the spirit grows into the increasing joy and liberty of ennobling deeds of loving service and merciful ministration.

155:6.10 But watch, lest any of you look with disdain upon the children of Abraham because they have fallen on these evil days of traditional barrenness. Our forefathers gave themselves up to the persistent and passionate search for God, and they found him as no other whole race of men have ever known him since the times of Adam, who knew much of this as he was himself a Son of God. My Father has not failed to mark the long and untiring struggle of Israel, ever since the days of Moses, to find God and to know God. For weary generations the Jews have not ceased to toil, sweat, groan, travail, and endure the sufferings and experience the sorrows of a misunderstood and despised people, all in order that they might come a little nearer the discovery of the truth about God. And, notwithstanding all the failures and falterings of Israel, our fathers progressively, from Moses to the times of Amos and Hosea, did reveal increasingly to the whole world an ever clearer and more truthful picture of the eternal God. And so was the way prepared for the still greater revelation of the Father which you have been called to share.

155:6.11 Never forget there is only one adventure which is more satisfying and thrilling than the attempt to discover the will of the living God, and that is the supreme experience of honestly trying to do that divine will. And fail not to remember that the will of God can be done in any earthly occupation. Some callings are not holy and others secular. All things are sacred in the lives of those who are spirit led; that is, subordinated to truth, ennobled by love, dominated by mercy, and restrained by fairness — justice. The spirit which my Father and I shall send into the world is not only the Spirit of Truth but also the spirit of idealistic beauty.

155:6.12 You must cease to seek for the word of God only on the pages of the olden records of theologic authority. Those who are born of the spirit of God shall henceforth discern the word of God regardless of whence it appears to take origin. Divine truth must not be discounted because the channel of its bestowal is apparently human. Many of your brethren have minds which accept the theory of God while they spiritually fail to realize the presence of God. And that is just the reason why I have so often taught you that the kingdom of heaven can best be realized by acquiring the spiritual attitude of a sincere child. It is not the mental immaturity of the child that I commend to you but rather the spiritual simplicity of such an easy-believing and fully-trusting little one. It is not so important that you should know about the fact of God as that you should increasingly grow in the ability to feel the presence of God.

155:6.13 When you once begin to find God in your soul, presently you will begin to discover him in other men's souls and eventually in all the creatures and creations of a mighty universe. But what chance does the Father have to appear as a God of supreme loyalties and divine ideals in the souls of men who give little or no time to the thoughtful contemplation of such eternal realities? While the mind is not the seat of the spiritual nature, it is indeed the gateway thereto.

155:6.14 But do not make the mistake of trying to prove to other men that you have found God; you cannot consciously produce such valid proof, albeit there are two positive and powerful demonstrations of the fact that you are God-knowing, and they are:

1. The fruits of the spirit of God showing forth in your daily routine life.
2. The fact that your entire life plan furnishes positive proof that you have unreservedly risked everything you are and have on the adventure of survival after death in the pursuit of the hope of finding the God of eternity, whose presence you have foretasted in time.
155:6.17 Now, mistake not, my Father will ever respond to the faintest flicker of faith. He takes note of the physical and superstitious emotions of the primitive man. And with those honest but fearful souls whose faith is so weak that it amounts to little more than an intellectual conformity to a passive attitude of assent to religions of authority, the Father is ever alert to honor and foster even all such feeble attempts to reach out for him. But you who have been called out of darkness into the light are expected to believe with a whole heart; your faith shall dominate the combined attitudes of body, mind, and spirit.

155:6.18 You are my apostles, and to you religion shall not become a theologic shelter to which you may flee in fear of facing the rugged realities of spiritual progress and idealistic adventure; but rather shall your religion become the fact of real experience which testifies that God has found you, idealized, ennobled, and spiritualized you, and that you have enlisted in the eternal adventure of finding the God who has thus found and sonshipped you.

Lon

Salvation from death is real,
Meh, we mean two entirely different things. You are simply talking about 'enlightenment' where man remains the same and in the same hole with the fallen.
but recalling that you haven't read the book its understandable why you keep saying uniformed, biased things.
Nope, let's prove it:
I rejected the confused, sect divided religion about Jesus in favor of the religion of Jesus. I'm a disciple of the religion of Jesus that Jesus first went to the Jews with, the gospel that they would be preaching today from the 2nd Temple had they not rejected that Gospel of the Kingdom and killed the Son "He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.

Because you have sincerely cast your lot with the after cross, second version of the Gospel, never realizing there was an original version, you have no choice but to vilify me or anything that conflicts with your faith.
You vilify yourself all on your own. Why else come to a Christian forum? Some odd misplaced hope? I have little idea why cults do this.
In answer to Thomas's question, “Who is this God of the kingdom?” Jesus replied: “God is your Father, and religion —my gospel—is nothing more nor less than the believing recognition of the truth that you are his son. And I am here among you in the flesh to make clear both of these ideas in my life and teachings.”
AS I said, YOU vilify yourself AND I CLEARLY have read this part of the UB. That you cannot fathom that and believe me uninformed? Nope. Wrong. I've read this part at least three times. It is a complete rejection of the Cross and sin. Complete.
“When men and women ask what shall we do to be saved, you shall answer, Believe this gospel of the kingdom; accept divine forgiveness. By faith recognize the indwelling spirit of God, whose acceptance makes you a son of God. Have you not read in the Scriptures where it says, `In the Lord have I righteousness and strength.' Also where the Father says, `My righteousness is near; my salvation has gone forth, and my arms shall enfold my people.' `My soul shall be joyful in the love of my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation and has covered me with the robe of his righteousness.' Have you not also read of the Father that his name `shall be called the Lord our righteousness.' `Take away the filthy rags of self-righteousness and clothe my son with the robe of divine righteousness and eternal salvation.' It is forever true, `the just shall live by faith.' Entrance into the Father's kingdom is wholly free, but progress—growth in grace—is essential to continuance therein.
Dr. Sadler speaking for Jesus. To me? That's a sin no matter how well intentioned, else there is no need to read anything but the Bible anyway. You and Sadler don't mean the same thing or there is no need to write a UB.
150:5.3 “Salvation is the gift of the Father and is revealed by his Sons. Acceptance by faith on your part makes you a partaker of the divine nature, a son or a daughter of God. By faith you are justified; by faith are you saved; and by this same faith are you eternally advanced in the way of progressive and divine perfection.
'Nirvana' sound familiar? Jonathan Livingstone Seagull?
By faith was Abraham justified and made aware of salvation by the teachings of Melchizedek.
Nope, this is lousy bible study. He 'trusted God' and His faith was credited to him as righteousness.
All down through the ages
...a meaningless platitude.
has this same faith saved the sons of men, but now has a Son come forth from the Father to make salvation more real and acceptable.”
"more real and acceptable" :doh: You actually cannot see where poor phrasing and platitudes of meaninglessness take over with Sadler's waxing? You REALLY cannot see that? What was your education again?
150:5.4 When Jesus had left off speaking,
A colloquialism? :doh: "When Jesus finished speaking/talking...."
there was great rejoicing among those who had heard these gracious words,
It is like Sadler's vocabulary was stunted. "Gracious?" It doesn't mean the same thing as grace but is very "Emily Post." Courteous, pleasant. :noway:
and they all went on in the days that followed proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom with new power and with renewed energy and enthusiasm.
Because Dr. Sadler said something 'gracious?' :doh: You really, truly buy this amateur hour, Caino? Really?
And the women rejoiced all the more to know they were included in these plans for the establishment of the kingdom on earth.
Ah, how politically soothing.... Here is the appeal to women commercial. The gospel doesn't have to do cheap commercial. It reaches all who are in need of a Savior.
150:5.5 In summing up his final statement, Jesus said:
Like He was having to muster energy? Do you NOT see Dr. Sadler was filled with meaningless platitudes? They mean absolutely nothing and are narrative 'fillers.' Any editor would remove these immediately but obviously this book didn't want to have to pass professional scrutiny.
“You cannot buy salvation; you cannot earn righteousness. Salvation is the gift of God, and righteousness is the natural fruit of the spirit-born life of sonship in the kingdom.
True, but it cost Him something and the UB shuns that cost.
You are not to be saved because you live a righteous life;
A prohibition? Scripture talks about 'having no righteousness of my own' and "Without holiness, no one will see God" but this is a poor paraphrase (Most of Dr. Sadler's UB is subpar).
rather is it that you live a righteous life because you have already been saved, have recognized sonship as the gift of God and service in the kingdom as the supreme delight of life on earth. When men believe this gospel, which is a revelation of the goodness of God, they will be led to voluntary repentance of all known sin. Realization of sonship is incompatible with the desire to sin. Kingdom believers hunger for righteousness and thirst for divine perfection.”
As I said, Dr. Sadler's paraphrase here is a paraphrase of what ALREADY exists in scripture. The problem is twofold: 1) I ALREADY have a bible where it is better NOT to have information secondhand and mixed/paraphrased AND the UB actually challenges (as you've admitted and claimed) the Bible.

The ONLY point to any of this is that YOU would see the problems of the UB and go back to reading actual scriptures from God, Caino. The UB is subpar. I can discuss it and show it and show where it is self-serving, but you have to see what is presented and actually evaluate it instead of making these poor claims I haven't read. I have. More? You are eventually going to have to realize I have, even if you forget or don't know it now.

Lon

Born again

Rebuttal to Lon from what's actually in the book he hasn't read.
Yes, I have. This part? No, but it is no different from everything everything everything I've ALREADY read.

THE SECOND DISCOURSE ON RELIGION​

Jesus im Kreise seiner Junger by Rembrandt
155:6.1 And so, while they paused in the shade of the hillside, Jesus continued to teach them regarding the religion of the spirit, in substance saying:

155:6.2 You have come out from among those of your fellows who choose to remain satisfied with a religion of mind, who crave security and prefer conformity. You have elected to exchange your feelings of authoritative certainty for the assurances of the spirit of adventurous and progressive faith. You have dared to protest against the grueling bondage of institutional religion and to reject the authority of the traditions of record which are now regarded as the word of God. Our Father did indeed speak through Moses, Elijah, Isaiah, Amos, and Hosea, but he did not cease to minister words of truth to the world when these prophets of old made an end of their utterances. My Father is no respecter of races or generations in that the word of truth is vouchsafed one age and withheld from another. Commit not the folly of calling that divine which is wholly human, and fail not to discern the words of truth which come not through the traditional oracles of supposed inspiration.
Which is so 'current events' away from the ancient culture and so preachy you have to know it is Dr. Sadler.
155:6.3 I have called upon you to be born again, to be born of the spirit. I have called you out of the darkness of authority and the lethargy of tradition into the transcendent light of the realization of the possibility of making for yourselves the greatest discovery possible for the human soul to make—the supernal experience of finding God for yourself, in yourself, and of yourself, and of doing all this as a fact in your own personal experience. And so may you pass from death to life, from the authority of tradition to the experience of knowing God; thus will you pass from darkness to light, from a racial faith inherited to a personal faith achieved by actual experience; and thereby will you progress from a theology of mind handed down by your ancestors to a true religion of spirit which shall be built up in your souls as an eternal endowment.
You cannot born-again yourself. God makes one born-again. He is the only one who can. SO, as I said, "yep, read that, responded to that" already.
155:6.4 Your religion shall change from the mere intellectual belief in traditional authority to the actual experience of that living faith which is able to grasp the reality of God and all that relates to the divine spirit of the Father. The religion of the mind ties you hopelessly to the past; the religion of the spirit consists in progressive revelation and ever beckons you on toward higher and holier achievements in spiritual ideals and eternal realities.
Vs. Listen to the Pharisees but don't do like they do. :plain:
155:6.5 While the religion of authority may impart a present feeling of settled security, you pay for such a transient satisfaction the price of the loss of your spiritual freedom and religious liberty.go t
Despite awkward sentences and sentence structure, the other thing necessary for any kind of 'new' revelation from God are works of signs, healings and wonders that the whole of Christendom sees. The Lord Jesus Christ didn't just go to disciples, He went into the synagogues "as was his custom" the UB would say (simply because Sadler didn't know how to say things and embellished with a LOT of filler-words).
My Father does not require of you as the price of entering the kingdom of heaven that you should force yourself to subscribe to a belief in things which are spiritually repugnant,
To whom? You? Dr. Sadler? 🤔
unholy, and untruthful. It is not required of you that your own sense of mercy, justice, and truth should be outraged by submission to an outworn system of religious forms and ceremonies.
Which appeals to everyone who doesn't want to wrestle with the God who is. It is a cop-out to create a god of your own making because it 1) leaves you exactly where found , 2) asks everyone else to bow to YOUR idol, and 3) never asks the pertinent questions of a man wrestling with His God.

The religion of the spirit leaves you forever free to follow the truth wherever the leadings of the spirit may take you. And who can judge—perhaps this spirit may have something to impart to this generation which other generations have refused to hear?

155:6.6 Shame on those false religious teachers who would drag hungry souls back into the dim and distant past and there leave them!
Frankly? This is and sounds exactly like Dr. Sadler and nobody else.
And so are these unfortunate persons doomed to become frightened by every new discovery, while they are discomfited by every new revelation of truth. The prophet who said, “He will be kept in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on God.” was not a mere intellectual believer in authoritative theology.

It was Isaiah. Dr. Sadler quotes a lot from Isaiah. Did he not know it was Isaiah? 🤔
This truth-knowing human had discovered God; he was not merely talking about God.

155:6.7 I admonish you to give up the practice of always quoting the prophets of old
:doh: says Isaiah-quoting Dr. Sadler : Plain:
and praising the heroes of Israel,
Like Dr. Sadler JUST did in text :doh:
and instead aspire to become living prophets of the Most High
There are no more prophets today. The scriptures are closed until such are accompanied, unmistakably, with signs from God as His stamp.
and spiritual heroes of the coming kingdom. To honor the God-knowing leaders of the past may indeed be worth while, but why, in so doing, should you sacrifice the supreme experience of human existence: finding God for yourselves and knowing him in your own souls?
Every person who is in Christ already is. It sounds like Dr. Sadler wasn't because he (and you) missed it.
155:6.8 Every race of mankind has its own mental outlook upon human existence;
"Mental" again is extemporaneous and unneeded. Dr. Sadler was prone to many filler words thus, platitudes and emptiness.
therefore must the religion of the mind ever run true to these various racial viewpoints.
💫 Does this even make any kind of sense to you? It can't possibly, Caino!
Never can the religions of authority come to unification. Human unity and mortal brotherhood can be achieved only by and through the superendowment of the religion of the spirit.
Er, no. It was overcome at the cross and those finding Him have already overcome.
Racial minds may differ, but all mankind is indwelt by the same divine and eternal spirit. The hope of human brotherhood can only be realized when, and as, the divergent mind religions of authority become impregnated with, and overshadowed by, the unifying and ennobling religion of the spirit—the religion of personal spiritual experience.
Which means exactly nothing, Caino. Remember me mentioning 'Imagine' by John Lennon? Same exact philosophy. Sin separates us from God and us from each other. Eradication of sin IS the answer. "The wolf will lie down with the lamb" sound familiar? (Isaiah, Dr. Sadler's favorite again)
155:6.9 The religions of authority can only divide men and set them in conscientious array against each other;
Like here in the UB thread??? 🤔
the religion of the spirit will progressively draw men together and cause them to become understandingly sympathetic with one another.
Only new creations in Christ ever get to this point. There is no 'mutual admiration' in Hollywood. Democrats don't all love one another (nor Republicans, but that seems obvious at the moment).
The religions of authority require of men uniformity in belief, but this is impossible of realization in the present state of the world. The religion of the spirit requires only unity of experience—uniformity of destiny—making full allowance for diversity of belief.
There is only One Mediator between God and man....
The religion of the spirit requires only uniformity of insight, not uniformity of viewpoint and outlook. The religion of the spirit does not demand uniformity of intellectual views, only unity of spirit feeling. The religions of authority crystallize into lifeless creeds; the religion of the spirit grows into the increasing joy and liberty of ennobling deeds of loving service and merciful ministration.

155:6.10 But watch, lest any of you look with disdain upon the children of Abraham because they have fallen on these evil days of traditional barrenness. Our forefathers gave themselves up to the persistent and passionate search for God, and they found him as no other whole race of men have ever known him since the times of Adam, who knew much of this as he was himself a Son of God. My Father has not failed to mark the long and untiring struggle of Israel, ever since the days of Moses, to find God and to know God. For weary generations the Jews have not ceased to toil, sweat, groan, travail, and endure the sufferings and experience the sorrows of a misunderstood and despised people, all in order that they might come a little nearer the discovery of the truth about God. And, notwithstanding all the failures and falterings of Israel, our fathers progressively, from Moses to the times of Amos and Hosea, did reveal increasingly to the whole world an ever clearer and more truthful picture of the eternal God. And so was the way prepared for the still greater revelation of the Father which you have been called to share.

155:6.11 Never forget there is only one adventure which is more satisfying and thrilling than the attempt to discover the will of the living God, and that is the supreme experience of honestly trying to do that divine will. And fail not to remember that the will of God can be done in any earthly occupation. Some callings are not holy and others secular. All things are sacred in the lives of those who are spirit led; that is, subordinated to truth, ennobled by love, dominated by mercy, and restrained by fairness — justice. The spirit which my Father and I shall send into the world is not only the Spirit of Truth but also the spirit of idealistic beauty.

155:6.12 You must cease to seek for the word of God only on the pages of the olden records of theologic authority. Those who are born of the spirit of God shall henceforth discern the word of God regardless of whence it appears to take origin. Divine truth must not be discounted because the channel of its bestowal is apparently human. Many of your brethren have minds which accept the theory of God while they spiritually fail to realize the presence of God. And that is just the reason why I have so often taught you that the kingdom of heaven can best be realized by acquiring the spiritual attitude of a sincere child. It is not the mental immaturity of the child that I commend to you but rather the spiritual simplicity of such an easy-believing and fully-trusting little one. It is not so important that you should know about the fact of God as that you should increasingly grow in the ability to feel the presence of God.

155:6.13 When you once begin to find God in your soul, presently you will begin to discover him in other men's souls and eventually in all the creatures and creations of a mighty universe. But what chance does the Father have to appear as a God of supreme loyalties and divine ideals in the souls of men who give little or no time to the thoughtful contemplation of such eternal realities? While the mind is not the seat of the spiritual nature, it is indeed the gateway thereto.

155:6.14 But do not make the mistake of trying to prove to other men that you have found God; you cannot consciously produce such valid proof, albeit there are two positive and powerful demonstrations of the fact that you are God-knowing, and they are:

155:6.17 Now, mistake not, my Father will ever respond to the faintest flicker of faith. He takes note of the physical and superstitious emotions of the primitive man. And with those honest but fearful souls whose faith is so weak that it amounts to little more than an intellectual conformity to a passive attitude of assent to religions of authority, the Father is ever alert to honor and foster even all such feeble attempts to reach out for him. But you who have been called out of darkness into the light are expected to believe with a whole heart; your faith shall dominate the combined attitudes of body, mind, and spirit.

155:6.18 You are my apostles, and to you religion shall not become a theologic shelter to which you may flee in fear of facing the rugged realities of spiritual progress and idealistic adventure; but rather shall your religion become the fact of real experience which testifies that God has found you, idealized, ennobled, and spiritualized you, and that you have enlisted in the eternal adventure of finding the God who has thus found and sonshipped you.
I've read it before, Caino. Just because I tell you something about the book you don't like to hear doesn't mean I'm the one who is inept. I've stated the case against this book in truth and clarity. Don't be deluded or mistaken. It is a horrible book, however hard it is for you to fathom that I could think so.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Meh, we mean two entirely different things. You are simply talking about 'enlightenment' where man remains the same and in the same hole with the fallen.

Nope, let's prove it:

You vilify yourself all on your own. Why else come to a Christian forum? Some odd misplaced hope? I have little idea why cults do this.

AS I said, YOU vilify yourself AND I CLEARLY have read this part of the UB. That you cannot fathom that and believe me uninformed? Nope. Wrong. I've read this part at least three times. It is a complete rejection of the Cross and sin. Complete.

Dr. Sadler speaking for Jesus. To me? That's a sin no matter how well intentioned, else there is no need to read anything but the Bible anyway. You and Sadler don't mean the same thing or there is no need to write a UB.

'Nirvana' sound familiar? Jonathan Livingstone Seagull?

Nope, this is lousy bible study. He 'trusted God' and His faith was credited to him as righteousness.

...a meaningless platitude.

"more real and acceptable" :doh: You actually cannot see where poor phrasing and platitudes of meaninglessness take over with Sadler's waxing? You REALLY cannot see that? What was your education again?

A colloquialism? :doh: "When Jesus finished speaking/talking...."

It is like Sadler's vocabulary was stunted. "Gracious?" It doesn't mean the same thing as grace but is very "Emily Post." Courteous, pleasant. :noway:

Because Dr. Sadler said something 'gracious?' :doh: You really, truly buy this amateur hour, Caino? Really?

Ah, how politically soothing.... Here is the appeal to women commercial. The gospel doesn't have to do cheap commercial. It reaches all who are in need of a Savior.

Like He was having to muster energy? Do you NOT see Dr. Sadler was filled with meaningless platitudes? They mean absolutely nothing and are narrative 'fillers.' Any editor would remove these immediately but obviously this book didn't want to have to pass professional scrutiny.

True, but it cost Him something and the UB shuns that cost.

A prohibition? Scripture talks about 'having no righteousness of my own' and "Without holiness, no one will see God" but this is a poor paraphrase (Most of Dr. Sadler's UB is subpar).

As I said, Dr. Sadler's paraphrase here is a paraphrase of what ALREADY exists in scripture. The problem is twofold: 1) I ALREADY have a bible where it is better NOT to have information secondhand and mixed/paraphrased AND the UB actually challenges (as you've admitted and claimed) the Bible.

The ONLY point to any of this is that YOU would see the problems of the UB and go back to reading actual scriptures from God, Caino. The UB is subpar. I can discuss it and show it and show where it is self-serving, but you have to see what is presented and actually evaluate it instead of making these poor claims I haven't read. I have. More? You are eventually going to have to realize I have, even if you forget or don't know it now.
This is a Theology Forum with a Religion section.

I read the scriptures written by men attributed to God. I don't believe what the Israelites said about their history. Neither did Jesus.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I have. This part? No, but it is no different from everything everything everything I've ALREADY read.

Which is so 'current events' away from the ancient culture and so preachy you have to know it is Dr. Sadler.

You cannot born-again yourself. God makes one born-again. He is the only one who can. SO, as I said, "yep, read that, responded to that" already.

Vs. Listen to the Pharisees but don't do like they do. :plain:

Despite awkward sentences and sentence structure, the other thing necessary for any kind of 'new' revelation from God are works of signs, healings and wonders that the whole of Christendom sees. The Lord Jesus Christ didn't just go to disciples, He went into the synagogues "as was his custom" the UB would say (simply because Sadler didn't know how to say things and embellished with a LOT of filler-words).

To whom? You? Dr. Sadler? 🤔

Which appeals to everyone who doesn't want to wrestle with the God who is. It is a cop-out to create a god of your own making because it 1) leaves you exactly where found , 2) asks everyone else to bow to YOUR idol, and 3) never asks the pertinent questions of a man wrestling with His God.

Frankly? This is and sounds exactly like Dr. Sadler and nobody else.

It was Isaiah. Dr. Sadler quotes a lot from Isaiah. Did he not know it was Isaiah? 🤔

:doh: says Isaiah-quoting Dr. Sadler : Plain:

Like Dr. Sadler JUST did in text :doh:

There are no more prophets today. The scriptures are closed until such are accompanied, unmistakably, with signs from God as His stamp.

Every person who is in Christ already is. It sounds like Dr. Sadler wasn't because he (and you) missed it.

"Mental" again is extemporaneous and unneeded. Dr. Sadler was prone to many filler words thus, platitudes and emptiness.

💫 Does this even make any kind of sense to you? It can't possibly, Caino!

Er, no. It was overcome at the cross and those finding Him have already overcome.

Which means exactly nothing, Caino. Remember me mentioning 'Imagine' by John Lennon? Same exact philosophy. Sin separates us from God and us from each other. Eradication of sin IS the answer. "The wolf will lie down with the lamb" sound familiar? (Isaiah, Dr. Sadler's favorite again)

Like here in the UB thread??? 🤔

Only new creations in Christ ever get to this point. There is no 'mutual admiration' in Hollywood. Democrats don't all love one another (nor Republicans, but that seems obvious at the moment).

There is only One Mediator between God and man....

I've read it before, Caino. Just because I tell you something about the book you don't like to hear doesn't mean I'm the one who is inept. I've stated the case against this book in truth and clarity. Don't be deluded or mistaken. It is a horrible book, however hard it is for you to fathom that I could think so.
As I said, you cast your lot with the theory of atonement, so you need Jesus sacrificed for your sins. The view that God is a heavenly accountant as opposed to a Loving Father. Therefore you have to block out the truth that Jesus taught the liberating "good news" which was rejected by the Jews before the cross. You reject the same Gospel that the Jews did.

The salvation of Jesus was real. Paul's atonement doctrine is theoretical.

Last edited:

Lon

As I said, you cast your lot with the theory of atonement, so you need Jesus sacrificed for your sins. The view that God is a heavenly accountant as opposed to a Loving Father.
Loving doesn't mean ignoring sin, Caino!
Therefore you have to block out the truth that Jesus taught the liberating "good news"
Of COURSE I block it out! "You will surely not die, God isn't a heavenly accountant" were all said in the Garden, Caino.
which was rejected by the Jews before the cross.
Er, which good news. You are picky and choosy about what you want and don't want from the Jews.
You reject the same Gospel that the Jews did.
I'm not a Jew. Neither are you. Learn 'from' don't emulate. I share concerns with you on a good bit of this, BUT I didn't reject the N.T. too, as you did (nor the O.T., but I don't read it as 'my' specific mail).
The salvation of Jesus was real. Paul's atonement doctrine is theoretical.
You don't GET to redact God's book, neither for yourself nor for others. The UB is a knockoff. You might as well be LDS, both are made up works of fiction and both at serious odds with the Bible.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Loving doesn't mean ignoring sin, Caino!

Of COURSE I block it out! "You will surely not die, God isn't a heavenly accountant" were all said in the Garden, Caino.

Er, which good news. You are picky and choosy about what you want and don't want from the Jews.

I'm not a Jew. Neither are you. Learn 'from' don't emulate. I share concerns with you on a good bit of this, BUT I didn't reject the N.T. too, as you did (nor the O.T., but I don't read it as 'my' specific mail).

You don't GET to redact God's book, neither for yourself nor for others. The UB is a knockoff. You might as well be LDS, both are made up works of fiction and both at serious odds with the Bible.
The "good news" before the cross was the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven, salvation by faith, receiving Gods extended mercy and forgiveness that had ALWAYS been available. Not the compartmentalized religion of works.

Jesus went to the Jews with that "good news" gospel but they largely rejected his simple appeal. Religion was too profitable for the Temple leaders. Jewish Nationalist pride was too strong to share God with Gentiles.

Peter and Paul unintentionally "redacted" the original Gospel. The UB was sent to restore what was compromised, confused and lost by returning to the original good news Gospel.

He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of blood, nor of the desire or will of man, but born of God.

We weren't supposed to sacrifice Jesus to God Lon. That's speculation.

Lon

The "good news" before the cross was the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven, salvation by faith, receiving Gods extended mercy and forgiveness that had ALWAYS been available. Not the compartmentalized religion of works.
No, you and Dr. Sadler made a leap. The gospel for the Kingdom was strictly for Jews and gentiles had to convert. Don't bother posting a UB quote, when it clearly contradicts the Bible. You might as well be a Mormon with such special pleading.
Jesus went to the Jews with that "good news" gospel but they largely rejected his simple appeal. Religion was too profitable for the Temple leaders. Jewish Nationalist pride was too strong to share God with Gentiles.
The real problem was flesh. Flesh interprets scripture and takes a fleshly stance against what is true. Jesus told the Samaritan women and gentile woman that salvation was of the Jews. He informed the Samaritan (the UB is the same sloppy muddling of sentiments), that the time had come when TRUE worshippers would worship in Spirit AND Truth. He'd told his disciples to listen to, but not emulate the Pharisees. It means you and Sadler are out of line.
Peter and Paul unintentionally "redacted" the original Gospel. The UB was sent to restore what was compromised, confused and lost by returning to the original good news Gospel.
With no authority. You and everyone involved in the UB are out of line.
He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of blood, nor of the desire or will of man, but born of God.
Er, what does the UB add? Nothing as far as I have read, and I've read extensively. The book is dreary and poorly crafted so a drudgery to wade completely through. It reads poorly. Comparatively, the KJV reads very well, academically and poetically. God knew what He was doing.
We weren't supposed to sacrifice Jesus to God Lon. That's speculation.
You are making assumptions based on poor teaching.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
No, you and Dr. Sadler made a leap. The gospel for the Kingdom was strictly for Jews and gentiles had to convert. Don't bother posting a UB quote, when it clearly contradicts the Bible. You might as well be a Mormon with such special pleading.

The real problem was flesh. Flesh interprets scripture and takes a fleshly stance against what is true. Jesus told the Samaritan women and gentile woman that salvation was of the Jews. He informed the Samaritan (the UB is the same sloppy muddling of sentiments), that the time had come when TRUE worshippers would worship in Spirit AND Truth. He'd told his disciples to listen to, but not emulate the Pharisees. It means you and Sadler are out of line.

With no authority. You and everyone involved in the UB are out of line.

Er, what does the UB add? Nothing as far as I have read, and I've read extensively. The book is dreary and poorly crafted so a drudgery to wade completely through. It reads poorly. Comparatively, the KJV reads very well, academically and poetically. God knew what He was doing.

You are making assumptions based on poor teaching.
The hope was that the Jewish people would adopt the Original Gospel and accept Jesus as the answer to the promise to Abraham. Had they done so they would be preaching the Original Gospel today from the 2nd Temple. A person cant be too dumb for the simple Gospel but they can be too smart.

The Temple was wiped off the Temple mount. Its been a mosque for 1400 years. The Israelites were punished for doing what you claim they were supposed to do.

"Not one stone will be left on top of another".

dome.jpg

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned

SERMON ON THE KINGDOM​

Jesus teaching in the synagogue by Alexandre Bida

137:8.1 On Sabbath, June 22, shortly before they went out on their first preaching tour and about ten days after John's imprisonment, Jesus occupied the synagogue pulpit for the second time since bringing his apostles to Capernaum.

137:8.2 A few days before the preaching of this sermon on “The Kingdom,” as Jesus was at work in the boatshop, Peter brought him the news of John's arrest. Jesus laid down his tools once more, removed his apron, and said to Peter: “The Father's hour has come. Let us make ready to proclaim the gospel of the kingdom.”

137:8.3 Jesus did his last work at the carpenter bench on this Tuesday, June 18, A.D. 26. Peter rushed out of the shop and by midafternoon had rounded up all of his associates, and leaving them in a grove by the shore, he went in quest of Jesus. But he could not find him, for the Master had gone to a different grove to pray. And they did not see him until late that evening when he returned to Zebedee's house and asked for food. The next day he sent his brother James to ask for the privilege of speaking in the synagogue the coming Sabbath day. And the ruler of the synagogue was much pleased that Jesus was again willing to conduct the service.

137:8.4 Before Jesus preached this memorable sermon on the kingdom of God, the first pretentious effort of his public career, he read from the Scriptures these passages: “You shall be to me a kingdom of priests, a holy people. Yahweh is our judge, Yahweh is our lawgiver, Yahweh is our king; he will save us. Yahweh is my king and my God. He is a great king over all the earth. Loving-kindness is upon Israel in this kingdom. Blessed be the glory of the Lord for he is our King.”

137:8.5 When he had finished reading, Jesus said:

137:8.6 “I have come to proclaim the establishment of the Father's kingdom. And this kingdom shall include the worshiping souls of Jew and gentile, rich and poor, free and bond, for my Father is no respecter of persons; his love and his mercy are over all.

137:8.7 “The Father in heaven sends his spirit to indwell the minds of men, and when I shall have finished my work on earth, likewise shall the Spirit of Truth be poured out upon all flesh. And the spirit of my Father and the Spirit of Truth shall establish you in the coming kingdom of spiritual understanding and divine righteousness. My kingdom is not of this world. The Son of Man will not lead forth armies in battle for the establishment of a throne of power or a kingdom of worldly glory. When my kingdom shall have come, you shall know the Son of Man as the Prince of Peace, the revelation of the everlasting Father. The children of this world fight for the establishment and enlargement of the kingdoms of this world, but my disciples shall enter the kingdom of heaven by their moral decisions and by their spirit victories; and when they once enter therein, they shall find joy, righteousness, and eternal life.

137:8.8 “Those who first seek to enter the kingdom, thus beginning to strive for a nobility of character like that of my Father, shall presently possess all else that is needful. But I say to you in all sincerity: Unless you seek entrance into the kingdom with the faith and trusting dependence of a little child, you shall in no wise gain admission.

Beginning of the Galilean ministry

137:8.9 “Be not deceived by those who come saying here is the kingdom or there is the kingdom, for my Father's kingdom concerns not things visible and material. And this kingdom is even now among you, for where the spirit of God teaches and leads the soul of man, there in reality is the kingdom of heaven. And this kingdom of God is righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.

137:8.10 “John did indeed baptize you in token of repentance and for the remission of your sins, but when you enter the heavenly kingdom, you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.

137:8.11 “In my Father's kingdom there shall be neither Jew nor gentile, only those who seek perfection through service, for I declare that he who would be great in my Father's kingdom must first become server of all. If you are willing to serve your fellows, you shall sit down with me in my kingdom, even as, by serving in the similitude of the creature, I shall presently sit down with my Father in his kingdom.

137:8.12 “This new kingdom is like a seed growing in the good soil of a field. It does not attain full fruit quickly. There is an interval of time between the establishment of the kingdom in the soul of man and that hour when the kingdom ripens into the full fruit of everlasting righteousness and eternal salvation.

137:8.13 “And this kingdom which I declare to you is not a reign of power and plenty. The kingdom of heaven is not a matter of meat and drink but rather a life of progressive righteousness and increasing joy in the perfecting service of my Father who is in heaven. For has not the Father said of his children of the world, `It is my will that they should eventually be perfect, even as I am perfect.'

137:8.14 “I have come to preach the glad tidings of the kingdom. I have not come to add to the heavy burdens of those who would enter this kingdom. I proclaim the new and better way, and those who are able to enter the coming kingdom shall enjoy the divine rest. And whatever it shall cost you in the things of the world, no matter what price you may pay to enter the kingdom of heaven, you shall receive manyfold more of joy and spiritual progress in this world, and in the age to come eternal life.

137:8.15 “Entrance into the Father's kingdom waits not upon marching armies, upon overturned kingdoms of this world, nor upon the breaking of captive yokes. The kingdom of heaven is at hand, and all who enter therein shall find abundant liberty and joyous salvation.

137:8.16 “This kingdom is an everlasting dominion. Those who enter the kingdom shall ascend to my Father; they will certainly attain the right hand of his glory in Paradise. And all who enter the kingdom of heaven shall become the sons of God, and in the age to come so shall they ascend to the Father. And I have not come to call the would-be righteous but sinners and all who hunger and thirst for the righteousness of divine perfection.

137:8.17 “John came preaching repentance to prepare you for the kingdom; now have I come proclaiming faith, the gift of God, as the price of entrance into the kingdom of heaven. If you would but believe that my Father loves you with an infinite love, then you are in the kingdom of God.”

137:8.18 When he had thus spoken, he sat down. All who heard him were astonished at his words. His disciples marveled. But the people were not prepared to receive the good news from the lips of this God-man. About one third who heard him believed the message even though they could not fully comprehend it; about one third prepared in their hearts to reject such a purely spiritual concept of the expected kingdom, while the remaining one third could not grasp his teaching, many truly believing that he “was beside himself.” UB 1955

Lon

The hope was that the Jewish people would adopt the Original Gospel and accept Jesus as the answer to the promise to Abraham. Had they done so they would be preaching the Original Gospel today from the 2nd Temple. A person cant be too dumb for the simple Gospel but they can be too smart.

The Temple was wiped off the Temple mount. Its been a mosque for 1400 years. The Israelites were punished for doing what you claim they were supposed to do.

"Not one stone will be left on top of another".
How is this a response to that gospel being for Jews alone?

Acts 3:17 “Now, fellow Israelites, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did your leaders. 18 But this is how God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets, saying that his Messiah would suffer. 19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, 20 and that he may send the Messiah, who has been appointed for you—even Jesus.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
How is this a response to that gospel being for Jews alone?

Acts 3:17 “Now, fellow Israelites, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did your leaders. 18 But this is how God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets, saying that his Messiah would suffer. 19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, 20 and that he may send the Messiah, who has been appointed for you—even Jesus.
Because, the Israelites were to then carry the Original Gospel to all the world, not kill the messenger!

* The original "good news" Gospel of the Kingdom liberated believers from the bondage of what had become of Judaism as well as other religions in the world.

* Naturally Judaism felt threatened by that Gospel and the mysterious Jesus.

Matthew 21:43

“Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit.

IMG_8661.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.