The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lon

Still not answering what we should be doing. "living in accordance with the will of God" is a bit too vague. Please expand on this. For example, a Muslim lives according to the will of God by slamming a jumbo jet into a crowded building. I don't think this is what you mean, but I'd rather not guess.

Expanding on the first may give a little more meaning to the second part - "grow in spirit and understanding to partake in the finality of his plan".
Welcome to the conversation. Appreciate your joining in. In Him -Lon

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Nope, I'm one of these

This seems very similar to the Platonic Ascent. Are you familiar with it?

From what I can tell, it seems like the Urantia Book has this improvement through meditation which causes one to be "closer" to God. Although, it seems like you have different words for it like evolution instead of ascent.

Of course this brings about the question of what "We" means. I'm assuming "we" only refers to those who believe in the Urantia Book but I could be wrong, so correct me if I misinterpret your beliefs.

(One odd thing I have to ask - according to your beliefs, does brotherhood include only men?)

Most religions believe in peace and a "kingdom of heaven" in one form or another. However, how they plan to do it is more important than the vague goal. Yes, most religions want people to do the "right" thing but most people do whatever the local custom expects.

So, if there are any more specific guidelines in the Urantia book, please share them.

On to the final part. What do you believe the Urantia Book says about death and what happens afterwords?
The similarity between the UB and Platonic forms would be the triad of Truth, Beauty, and Moral Virtue in the Platonic ascent.

1. 0:1.17 ...Divinity is creature comprehensible as truth, beauty, and goodness; correlated in personality as love, mercy, and ministry; disclosed on impersonal levels as justice, power, and sovereignty....UB 1955

"We" means the human race.

"Brotherhood" refers to ALL mankind, not any one special gender or religion

The Urantia Book is a gift to the world which could benefit ALL religions. Like the original gospel of Jesus was meant to enhance all mankind, not a theologically arrogant few. The common man was found do be more receptive to Jesus than the educated religious men that rejected his message and had him killed by the occupying authorities. .

Death and or translation to the next world is normal for man. This never was supposed to our permanent world.

If a survivor does not go directly to the Mansion Worlds they will remain in the "sleep of death" until the next en-masse dispensational resurrection roll call.

In terms of spiritual growth we pick up right where we left off in the next life. The UB reveals an enormous ascension plan for Gods children as we make our way inward towards an eventual Paradise visit to the geographical location of the Eternal God. From there we return to our local universes as "finaliters" to serve and continue on to a yet to be revealed destiny of endless life and service.

For those who reject survival they die, they are annihilated. There is no hell place for unsaved souls.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Then, honestly, you've nothing you can trust but yourself. You've a god in your own image at that point (as did Sadler).

Nice spiritualizing of the text :Z It isn't how one reads and does theology: to suit their whims and already cemented Eastern Philosophies.

Where? Not the UB.

And the UB somehow makes yet even one more twice-removed from Mormonism and Eastern Mysticism and you think that's good????!

Doesn't speak a word of anything cogent to me. Yes, I know it is the UB. No, it is simply the fictionalizing of men and women and easily seen as that and nothing more. It takes a whole lot of earth shaking and walking on water to get my particular attention. Not some odd-men-out typing up pages in an apartment.
I trust God the Father and his Son as Jesus taught. I'm not sure how you can conclude that Just because Peter wasn't the rock you think we created God in our own image?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Just because you're in the Urantia thread doesn't mean you can blaspheme God here. Please don't forget that.

Reactions: Lon

Lon

I trust God the Father and his Son as Jesus taught. I'm not sure how you can conclude that Just because Peter wasn't the rock you think we created God in our own image?
It shows you and Sadler pick and choose what you want to believe rather than what God dictates. We've been over this enough. You can't have your cake and eat it to. There is no such thing as the Holy Bible with Urantia icing on top. It ruins the message of scripture, busts up its continuity, and feigns congeniality while it violently back-stabs the Bible and Christians everywhere.

Yes, I believe you've a god created in your own rationalizations and that the UB is nothing more than tickling what itching ears, rejecting the One True God, wanted to hear, and bit hook, line, and sinker. People don't want to follow God until He is made by others, to look like their expectation. I've come to God and been in the process of being remolded by Him according to His will and His demands, wherever those lead. I want God, not 'more of me-ism.' I was and am lost without Him. As the Apostles said, He 'alone has the words of life.' Sadler 'edited' God very God and will be in trouble for it. One simply does not rewrite God in his/her image, but is changed to His, else they are no better off for having written a god in their image instead of recognizing their need to be conformed to Him. Scripture (real scripture) says 'be transformed by the renewing of your minds.' The UB hardly demands a thing of you. It 'instructs' you in poor false doctrine, but doesn't demand anything of you. It is a book that leaves you exactly as when you came to it, unchanged. That is definitely a god in your own image.

Last edited:

Gary K

Banned
Urantia is nothing more than theosophy which is nothing more than the worship of Lucifer. It's basically Babylonian paganism being recycled. There is nothing "New Age" about it. It started in the days of Adam and Eve.

It is one of the devil's final deceptions based up Lucifer's lie to Eve in Eden. When Adam and Eve accepted the lie of Lucifer it plunged our world into pain, misery, suffering, death, and rebellion against God. Urantia is just the logical extension of Lucifer's lie set in a logical sounding mass of deception. It is subtle. It is extremely dangerous. And once the devil gets his claws into you by your acceptance of his lies getting out of his web of deception is very difficult. It is one of his end time deceptions and through it he is sweeping millions of people to their destruction.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
It shows you and Sadler pick and choose what you want to believe rather than what God dictates. We've been over this enough. You can't have your cake and eat it to. There is no such thing as the Holy Bible with Urantia icing on top. It ruins the message of scripture, busts up its continuity, and feigns congeniality while it violently back-stabs the Bible and Christians everywhere.

Yes, I believe you've a god created in your own rationalizations and that the UB is nothing more than tickling what itching ears, rejecting the One True God, wanted to hear, and bit hook, line, and sinker. People don't want to follow God until He is made by others, to look like their expectation. I've come to God and been in the process of being remolded by Him according to His will and His demands, wherever those lead. I want God, not 'more of me-ism.' I was and am lost without Him. As the Apostles said, He 'alone has the words of life.' Sadler 'edited' God very God and will be in trouble for it. One simply does not rewrite God in his/her image, but is changed to His, else they are no better off for having written a god in their image instead of recognizing their need to be conformed to Him. Scripture (real scripture) says 'be transformed by the renewing of your minds.' The UB hardly demands a thing of you. It 'instructs' you in poor false doctrine, but doesn't demand anything of you. It is a book that leaves you exactly as when you came to it, unchanged. That is definitely a god in your own image.
Jesus didn't act anything like the God of the Old Testament. You prefer a mean God of torture and vengeance because that's what you would do if you were a God.
Urantia is nothing more than theosophy which is nothing more than the worship of Lucifer. It's basically Babylonian paganism being recycled. There is nothing "New Age" about it. It started in the days of Adam and Eve.

It is one of the devil's final deceptions based up Lucifer's lie to Eve in Eden. When Adam and Eve accepted the lie of Lucifer it plunged our world into pain, misery, suffering, death, and rebellion against God. Urantia is just the logical extension of Lucifer's lie set in a logical sounding mass of deception. It is subtle. It is extremely dangerous. And once the devil gets his claws into you by your acceptance of his lies getting out of his web of deception is very difficult. It is one of his end time deceptions and through it he is sweeping millions of people to their destruction.
The Urantia revelation reveals who the apostate rulers were. Lucifer, Satan and the prince of this world have been defeated. The UB decimates Lucifer.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
122:8.1 All that night Mary was restless so that neither of them slept much. By the break of day the pangs of childbirth were well in evidence, and at noon, August 21, 7 B.C., with the help and kind ministrations of women fellow travelers, Mary was delivered of a male child. Jesus of Nazareth was born into the world, was wrapped in the clothes which Mary had brought along for such a possible contingency, and laid in a near-by manger.

122:8.2 In just the same manner as all babies before that day and since have come into the world, the promised child was born; and on the eighth day, according to the Jewish practice, he was circumcised and formally named Joshua (Jesus). UB 1955

Merry Christmas

Lon

Jesus didn't act anything like the God of the Old Testament.
See, Caino; this is just rationalizing. You've bought a lie simply and only for YOUR sentiments. Long ago, I knew I needed Him, not Him me. Your god is you. You've looked for a religion that demands nothing of you, because, specifically, it is a god in your own image. When I first came across Romans 12:2, I realized I was the one that needed to be conformed to His image, not He mine. I did wrestle with the O.T. Jesus IS the God of the O.T. It is about holiness, not brutality. You miss that, you miss everything and then must look elsewhere for a god that fits your expectation and rationalizations.

You prefer a mean God of torture and vengeance because that's what you would do if you were a God.
Incorrect. I, like you at one time would have 'preferred' a god in my image BUT that isn't heaven. It isn't even right. It is a god that is human, because I'm not perfect and I don't even know what that is. Neither do you, despite what you think. There is one huge thing separating us: I want the God who is, however I have to conform. You want one that fits your sensibilities and your imperfect 'perfection' concept. Its not perfect. The moment I have to 'fit' your mold, I'm back to square one. I don't 'like' your Urantia god. I'll take the story where I actually know He wrote it over one that merely 'fits' my sensibility and expectation. You've a god of 'convenience' Caino.
The Urantia revelation reveals who the apostate rulers were. Lucifer, Satan and the prince of this world have been defeated. The UB decimates Lucifer.
No, it decimates the demons that plague men's rationalities... to a point. Then it lifts up a construct. A cardboard cutout of expectation. God is God alone. You and I will face Him, however He actually is, not some deep seated desire of our expectation of what we think he 'should' look like. That's the wrong one.

Lon

122:8.1 All that night Mary was restless so that neither of them slept much. By the break of day the pangs of childbirth were well in evidence, and at noon, August 21, 7 B.C., with the help and kind ministrations of women fellow travelers, Mary was delivered of a male child. Jesus of Nazareth was born into the world, was wrapped in the clothes which Mary had brought along for such a possible contingency, and laid in a near-by manger.
Compare:
Luke 2:2 At that time the Emperor Augustus ordered a census of the Roman Empire. 2 This was the first census taken while Quirinius was governor of Syria. 3 All the people went to register in the cities where their ancestors had lived.

4 So Joseph went from Nazareth, a city in Galilee, to a Judean city called Bethlehem. Joseph, a descendant of King David, went to Bethlehem because David had been born there. 5 Joseph went there to register with Mary. She had been promised to him in marriage and was pregnant.

6 While they were in Bethlehem, the time came for Mary to have her child. 7 She gave birth to her firstborn son. She wrapped him in strips of cloth and laid him in a manger because there wasn’t any room for them in the inn.

Clearly Dr. Sadler didn't know scripture. The Apostle Paul, again warns: If even angels preach anything different, they are accursed.

Caino, as you keep repeating these, YOU are under God's curse. I realize you think your god doesn't keep these kinds of tabs nor act this way. It doesn't matter if you face a God very different from the one you worship. Paul says you are responsible, and accursed.
122:8.2 In just the same manner as all babies before that day and since have come into the world, the promised child was born; and on the eighth day, according to the Jewish practice, he was circumcised and formally named Joshua (Jesus). UB 1955

Merry Christmas
Wasn't a very Merry message, Caino. It was an accursed one :(

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Compare:
Luke 2:2 At that time the Emperor Augustus ordered a census of the Roman Empire. 2 This was the first census taken while Quirinius was governor of Syria. 3 All the people went to register in the cities where their ancestors had lived.

4 So Joseph went from Nazareth, a city in Galilee, to a Judean city called Bethlehem. Joseph, a descendant of King David, went to Bethlehem because David had been born there. 5 Joseph went there to register with Mary. She had been promised to him in marriage and was pregnant.

6 While they were in Bethlehem, the time came for Mary to have her child. 7 She gave birth to her firstborn son. She wrapped him in strips of cloth and laid him in a manger because there wasn’t any room for them in the inn.

Clearly Dr. Sadler didn't know scripture. The Apostle Paul, again warns: If even angels preach anything different, they are accursed.

Caino, as you keep repeating these, YOU are under God's curse. I realize you think your god doesn't keep these kinds of tabs nor act this way. It doesn't matter if you face a God very different from the one you worship. Paul says you are responsible, and accursed.

Wasn't a very Merry message, Caino. It was an accursed one :(

"The Census of Quirinius was a census of Judea taken by Publius Sulpicius Quirinius, Roman governor of Syria, upon the imposition of direct Roman rule in 6 CE.[1] The Gospel of Luke uses it as the narrative means to establish the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem (Luke 2, Luke 2:1–5), but the Gospel of Matthew places the birth within the reign of Herod the Great, who died 9 years earlier.[2][3][4] No satisfactory explanation of the contradiction seems possible,[5] and most scholars think that the Gospel of Luke was in error.[6]" Wiki

Source The Birth of Jesus wiki

Caino

BANNED
Banned
See, Caino; this is just rationalizing. You've bought a lie simply and only for YOUR sentiments. Long ago, I knew I needed Him, not Him me. Your god is you. You've looked for a religion that demands nothing of you, because, specifically, it is a god in your own image. When I first came across Romans 12:2, I realized I was the one that needed to be conformed to His image, not He mine. I did wrestle with the O.T. Jesus IS the God of the O.T. It is about holiness, not brutality. You miss that, you miss everything and then must look elsewhere for a god that fits your expectation and rationalizations.

Incorrect. I, like you at one time would have 'preferred' a god in my image BUT that isn't heaven. It isn't even right. It is a god that is human, because I'm not perfect and I don't even know what that is. Neither do you, despite what you think. There is one huge thing separating us: I want the God who is, however I have to conform. You want one that fits your sensibilities and your imperfect 'perfection' concept. Its not perfect. The moment I have to 'fit' your mold, I'm back to square one. I don't 'like' your Urantia god. I'll take the story where I actually know He wrote it over one that merely 'fits' my sensibility and expectation. You've a god of 'convenience' Caino.

No, it decimates the demons that plague men's rationalities... to a point. Then it lifts up a construct. A cardboard cutout of expectation. God is God alone. You and I will face Him, however He actually is, not some deep seated desire of our expectation of what we think he 'should' look like. That's the wrong one.
My religion and the religion of Jesus demands that I dedicate my life to doing the will of the Father just as Jesus taught in the Original, pre-cross Gospel. Jesus revealed the Image of the true Father in his Life and teachings. It was people like you who hated the true God revealed by Jesus and therefore the God he revealed.

If you had actually read the 2000 page book that you disagree with you would realize how silly you sound.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
LoL! They said his was a gospel fro weaklings!

143:1.4 “I have come into this world to do the will of my Father and to reveal his loving character to all mankind. That, my brethren, is my mission. And this one thing I will do, regardless of the misunderstanding of my teachings by Jews or gentiles of this day or of another generation. But you should not overlook the fact that even divine love has its severe disciplines. A father's love for his son oftentimes impels the father to restrain the unwise acts of his thoughtless offspring. The child does not always comprehend the wise and loving motives of the father's restraining discipline. But I declare to you that my Father in Paradise does rule a universe of universes by the compelling power of his love. Love is the greatest of all spirit realities. Truth is a liberating revelation, but love is the supreme relationship. And no matter what blunders your fellow men make in their world management of today, in an age to come the gospel which I declare to you will rule this very world. The ultimate goal of human progress is the reverent recognition of the fatherhood of God and the loving materialization of the brotherhood of man.

143:1.5 “But who told you that my gospel was intended only for slaves and weaklings? Do you, my chosen apostles, resemble weaklings? Did
John look like a weakling? Do you observe that I am enslaved by fear? True, the poor and oppressed of this generation have the gospel preached to them. The religions of this world have neglected the poor, but my Father is no respecter of persons. Besides, the poor of this day are the first to heed the call to repentance and acceptance of sonship. The gospel of the kingdom is to be preached to all men—Jew and gentile, Greek and Roman, rich and poor, free and bond—and equally to young and old, male and female.

143:1.6 “Because my Father is a God of love and delights in the practice of mercy, do not imbibe the idea that the service of the kingdom is to be one of monotonous ease. The Paradise ascent is the supreme adventure of all time, the rugged achievement of eternity. The service of the kingdom on earth will call for all the courageous manhood that you and your coworkers can muster. Many of you will be put to death for your loyalty to the gospel of this kingdom. It is easy to die in the line of physical battle when your courage is strengthened by the presence of your fighting comrades, but it requires a higher and more profound form of human courage and devotion calmly and all alone to lay down your life for the love of a truth enshrined in your mortal heart.

143:1.7 “Today, the unbelievers may taunt you with preaching a gospel of nonresistance and with living lives of nonviolence, but you are the first volunteers of a long line of sincere believers in the gospel of this kingdom who will astonish all mankind by their heroic devotion to these teachings. No armies of the world have ever displayed more courage and bravery than will be portrayed by you and your loyal successors who shall go forth to all the world proclaiming the good news—the fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of men. The courage of the flesh is the lowest form of bravery. Mind bravery is a higher type of human courage, but the highest and supreme is uncompromising loyalty to the enlightened convictions of profound spiritual realities. And such courage constitutes the heroism of the God- knowing man. And you are all God-knowing men; you are in very truth the personal associates of the Son of Man.”
Jesus of the UB 1955

Lon

"The Census of Quirinius was a census of Judea taken by Publius Sulpicius Quirinius, Roman governor of Syria, upon the imposition of direct Roman rule in 6 CE.[1] The Gospel of Luke uses it as the narrative means to establish the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem (Luke 2, Luke 2:1–5), but the Gospel of Matthew places the birth within the reign of Herod the Great, who died 9 years earlier.[2][3][4] No satisfactory explanation of the contradiction seems possible,[5] and most scholars think that the Gospel of Luke was in error.[6]" Wiki

Source The Birth of Jesus wiki
It is incorrect. The vast majority of scholars are Christians and do not agree with this assertion. The majority, in fact, do not believe Luke was mistaken. It is irresponsible and unforgivable to deal in untrue commodities. Do you have to resort to hearsay to shore up Dr. Sadler propaganda? Are there some 'so-called-scholars' who think Luke was wrong? Sure. "Most?" Certainly not!

Lon

LoL! They said his was a gospel fro weaklings!
Er, nice strawman? : Plain: You and the UB make odd little straw men to try and burn and knock down.
143:1.4 “I have come into this world to do the will of my Father and to reveal his loving character to all mankind. That, my brethren, is my mission. And this one thing I will do, regardless of the misunderstanding of my teachings by Jews or gentiles of this day or of another generation.
Yet Jesus wasn't the one actually talking to Dr. Sadler or his cronies....
But you should not overlook the fact that even divine love has its severe disciplines. A father's love for his son oftentimes impels the father to restrain the unwise acts of his thoughtless offspring. The child does not always comprehend the wise and loving motives of the father's restraining discipline. But I declare to you that my Father in Paradise does rule a universe of universes by the compelling power of his love.
Ah, a god among many, subject to the cosmos, not a creator God of all things.... Dr. Sadler's carnality is showing.
Love is the greatest of all spirit realities.
A meaningless platitude from Dr. Sadler's lips. It becomes meaningless as most of his other ramblings that he cannot help but compare to 'cosmic realities.' Grandiose meaninglessness.
Truth is a liberating revelation, but love is the supreme relationship.
Means nothing. It is Dr. Sadler attempting to wax poetic and saying absolutely nothing.
And no matter what blunders your fellow men make in their world management of today, in an age to come the gospel which I declare to you will rule this very world. The ultimate goal of human progress is the reverent recognition of the fatherhood of God and the loving materialization of the brotherhood of man.
Again, a meaningless poetic platitude. Do weaklings believe this stuff? Is that why you posted this? You are trying to shore up weak arguments from you and Dr. Sadler? :idunno:
143:1.5 “But who told you that my gospel was intended only for slaves and weaklings?

Nobody.
Do you, my chosen apostles, resemble weaklings? Did
John look like a weakling? Do you observe that I am enslaved by fear? True, the poor and oppressed of this generation have the gospel preached to them. The religions of this world have neglected the poor, but my Father is no respecter of persons. Besides, the poor of this day are the first to heed the call to repentance and acceptance of sonship. The gospel of the kingdom is to be preached to all men—Jew and gentile, Greek and Roman, rich and poor, free and bond—and equally to young and old, male and female.
Another platitude of meaninglessness. Were all the first Urantian converts beat up as kids? Were they all weaklings? It doesn't connect with anybody but maybe weaklings. It is humanism. Christ said "Without me you can do nothing" to His disciples. Somebody commited to the UB will have to rewrite to try and shore up their platitudes of humanism and meaninglessness when they once again rewrite the UB.
143:1.6 “Because my Father is a God of love and delights in the practice of mercy, do not imbibe the idea that the service of the kingdom is to be one of monotonous ease. The Paradise ascent is the supreme adventure of all time, the rugged achievement of eternity. The service of the kingdom on earth will call for all the courageous manhood that you and your coworkers can muster.
Another platitude. It has very little of nothing in the way of instruction or spiritual direction. It is a waste of time on paper. It asks nothing. Means nothing. It is 'fluff.'

Many of you will be put to death for your loyalty to the gospel of this kingdom.
What? For this? Nobody has been put to death for the Urantia Book. It isn't from God so nobody is going to hate it, just ignore it.
It is easy to die in the line of physical battle when your courage is strengthened by the presence of your fighting comrades, but it requires a higher and more profound form of human courage and devotion calmly and all alone to lay down your life for the love of a truth enshrined in your mortal heart.

143:1.7 “Today, the unbelievers may taunt you with preaching a gospel of nonresistance and with living lives of nonviolence, but you are the first volunteers of a long line of sincere believers in the gospel of this kingdom who will astonish all mankind by their heroic devotion to these teachings.
I'm sure it encouraged you the first time you read this, especially when everyone who has a thinking rational brain is able to see through fabrications of Dr. Sadler and company, minds.
No armies of the world have ever displayed more courage and bravery than will be portrayed by you and your loyal successors who shall go forth to all the world proclaiming the good news—the fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of men.
Courage 'under fire' as it were? No, just incredulous that you can be so easily duped by Dr. Sadler's offerings.
The courage of the flesh is the lowest form of bravery. Mind bravery is a higher type of human courage, but the highest and supreme is uncompromising loyalty to the enlightened convictions of profound spiritual realities. And such courage constitutes the heroism of the God- knowing man. And you are all God-knowing men; you are in very truth the personal associates of the Son of Man.” Jesus of the UB 1955
A better courage is to stand up for what is actually true, despite the difficulty, rather than standing for what you already were before you ever came to a book that just happened to agree with everything that was already in your head. Nobody but one who WANTS confirmation bias would buy into this book. The Apostle Paul said that anybody preaching anything else, was accursed. Here you are attacking him and Luke in one page. That is a sin, Caino. There are no points for 'thinking' or at least deluding one's self.

Lon

My religion and the religion of Jesus demands that I dedicate my life to doing the will of the Father just as Jesus taught in the Original, pre-cross Gospel. Jesus revealed the Image of the true Father in his Life and teachings. It was people like you who hated the true God revealed by Jesus and therefore the God he revealed.
Er, no. I was just like you. "Love Is All You Need" and "Imagine" is the sentiment of all mankind. You are just spouting a theology of liberalism and "Come on people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together and try to love one another right now." While it is a good call, it isn't the 'answer' it is a sentiment (like much of the UB). While I applaud the hippy movement, it still is merely a sentiment that never accomplished anything. It (and the UB) didn't have any depth, no answers, just a lot of sentiment that didn't do anything.
If you had actually read the 2000 page book that you disagree with you would realize how silly you sound.
If you knew I had actually read a good bit, at Freelight and your bidding, you'd know YOU are silly for saying this.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Er, no. I was just like you. "Love Is All You Need" and "Imagine" is the sentiment of all mankind. You are just spouting a theology of liberalism and "Come on people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together and try to love one another right now." While it is a good call, it isn't the 'answer' it is a sentiment (like much of the UB). While I applaud the hippy movement, it still is merely a sentiment that never accomplished anything. It (and the UB) didn't have any depth, no answers, just a lot of sentiment that didn't do anything.

If you knew I had actually read a good bit, at Freelight and your bidding, you'd know YOU are silly for saying this.
Oh I see, you project your previous hippy stage onto me? And your former idealism was eclipsed by finding the God who sends bears out to dismember children because Elisha couldn't take a little jeering? The true God revealed in Christ would have implored Elisha to turn the other cheek. Matthew 5:38-42

You should apply your skepticism to the authors of the scripture. At least with the UB we don't have to embarrass and discredit ourselves by defending such outrageous claims made by the Israelite authors of the scripture books.

You would have really hated Jesus then like you hate his revelation in the UB today.

John 13:34-35

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Er, nice strawman? : Plain: You and the UB make odd little straw men to try and burn and knock down.

Yet Jesus wasn't the one actually talking to Dr. Sadler or his cronies....

Ah, a god among many, subject to the cosmos, not a creator God of all things.... Dr. Sadler's carnality is showing.

A meaningless platitude from Dr. Sadler's lips. It becomes meaningless as most of his other ramblings that he cannot help but compare to 'cosmic realities.' Grandiose meaninglessness.

Means nothing. It is Dr. Sadler attempting to wax poetic and saying absolutely nothing.

Again, a meaningless poetic platitude. Do weaklings believe this stuff? Is that why you posted this? You are trying to shore up weak arguments from you and Dr. Sadler? :idunno:

Nobody.

Another platitude of meaninglessness. Were all the first Urantian converts beat up as kids? Were they all weaklings? It doesn't connect with anybody but maybe weaklings. It is humanism. Christ said "Without me you can do nothing" to His disciples. Somebody commited to the UB will have to rewrite to try and shore up their platitudes of humanism and meaninglessness when they once again rewrite the UB.

Another platitude. It has very little of nothing in the way of instruction or spiritual direction. It is a waste of time on paper. It asks nothing. Means nothing. It is 'fluff.'

What? For this? Nobody has been put to death for the Urantia Book. It isn't from God so nobody is going to hate it, just ignore it.

I'm sure it encouraged you the first time you read this, especially when everyone who has a thinking rational brain is able to see through fabrications of Dr. Sadler and company, minds.

Courage 'under fire' as it were? No, just incredulous that you can be so easily duped by Dr. Sadler's offerings.

A better courage is to stand up for what is actually true, despite the difficulty, rather than standing for what you already were before you ever came to a book that just happened to agree with everything that was already in your head. Nobody but one who WANTS confirmation bias would buy into this book. The Apostle Paul said that anybody preaching anything else, was accursed. Here you are attacking him and Luke in one page. That is a sin, Caino. There are no points for 'thinking' or at least deluding one's self.
There is some truth to what you say, even as a child I already knew that the people who murdered Jesus were evil. It was obvious to me that the things they wrote about in their history were not true or exaggerated. (But the UB reveals that their major themes were true minus their self important exaggerations, speaking as if God were speaking). I could easily see the inconsistency's and conflicting doctrines of sect divided Christendom.

Surrendering to Bible worship requires dumbing down peoples God given sensibilities. They tell you that you are too stupid to understand profundities which aren't there. The OT was written for the child like mind of Bronze Age men who would only respond to a Great and Terrible God of power, fire, vengeance, jealousy etc. To me I liken the Israelite priest class to the Wizard of OZ behind the curtain, presenting a great and powerful Yahweh, the nature God of the Sini Volcano which everyone should FEAR!

Jesus wasn't on board with your need to have someone killed because you are incapable of owning your own sins.

“Abraham is our father,” they replied.
“If you were children of Abraham,” said Jesus, “you would do the works of Abraham. But now you are trying to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham never did such a thing. You are doing the works of your father.”

Thwarting the original Gospel and killing the Son was the will of the devil, turning the other cheek in Love on the cross was the will of the Father.

I Identify with Jesus who was so excited for his first visit to the Temple but in turn it began his disillusionment with the system.

Jesus at Jerusalem

125:5.2 (1382.4) Before the day had ended, the entire attention of the chief discussion group of the temple had become focused upon the questions being asked by Jesus. Among his many questions were:

125:5.3 (1382.5) 1. What really exists in the holy of holies, behind the veil?

125:5.4 (1382.6) 2. Why should mothers in Israel be segregated from the male temple worshipers?

125:5.5 (1382.7) 3. If God is a father who loves his children, why all this slaughter of animals to gain divine favor—has the teaching of Moses been misunderstood?

125:5.6 (1382.8) 4. Since the temple is dedicated to the worship of the Father in heaven, is it consistent to permit the presence of those who engage in secular barter and trade?

125:5.7 (1382.9) 5. Is the expected Messiah to become a temporal prince to sit on the throne of David, or is he to function as the light of life in the establishment of a spiritual kingdom?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.