The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
Only among science deniers.
Only among people that don't know what words like "ancient" mean.

ancient adjective
an·cient | \ ˈān(t)-shənt , ˈāŋ(k)-shənt \
Definition of ancient (Entry 1 of 3)
1: having had an existence of many years
ancient customs
2: of or relating to a remote period, to a time early in history, or to those living in such a period or time
ancient Egyptians
especially : of or relating to the historical period beginning with the earliest known civilizations and extending to the fall of the western Roman Empire in a.d. 476
studied both ancient and modern history
3: having the qualities of age or long existence: such as
a: VENERABLE
b: OLD-FASHIONED, ANTIQUE

I'm all about science... real science... not the wild-eyed speculations of the "billions of years" crowd.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
We don't have the original manuscripts,

So what?

but what we have are changing stories within what's left.

Last I checked, the Hebrew Old Testament is practically identical to the Dead Sea Scrolls...

And THOSE are ancient...

And it doesn't bother my faith in the Father

Your faith is not in God, but in a god made in your own image.

that the scripture books aren't perfect. I think they are as imperfect as we should expect them to be.

Which means absolutely nothing.

Not true, the ancient cultures all around the world are far older than the Israelites creation story.

Sorry, but while a few civilizations may be old, they aren't older than the Flood.

Australian Aboriginal culture is 75,000 years old on its own.

No it's not.

12,000 B.C.
Gobekli Tepe

Sorry, not that old.

The mountains being "ancient".

Considering Deuteronomy was written between 1500 and 1400 BC, and the flood occurred between 3200 and 3300 BC, that means the mountains that were formed during the flood would, in fact, be ancient, as they would be over 1700 years old! THAT'S ANCIENT!

No, but somehow the Kangaroo hoped all the way back to Australia after the flood.....and nowhere else.

The answer is in Genesis 10.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
So what?

Last I checked, the Hebrew Old Testament is practically identical to the Dead Sea Scrolls...

And THOSE are ancient...

Your faith is not in God, but in a god made in your own image.

Which means absolutely nothing.

Sorry, but while a few civilizations may be old, they aren't older than the Flood.

No it's not.

Sorry, not that old.

Considering Deuteronomy was written between 1500 and 1400 BC, and the flood occurred between 3200 and 3300 BC, that means the mountains that were formed during the flood would, in fact, be ancient, as they would be over 1700 years old! THAT'S ANCIENT!

The answer is in Genesis 10.
The dead sea scrolls are Just fragmented copies of what was finalized in Babylon. Taken down to Qumran for sake keeping before Gentile vengeance fell upon Jerusalem.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I'd be glad to debate the subject with you, except that I know that you are not up to the task.
I was debating with you guys on evolution but then got blocked from that section because you phony scientist couldn't refute radiometric dating techniques.

There is only one reason to refute the dating techniques of science, to fit the Israelites story of origins.

Right Divider

Body part
I was debating with you guys on evolution but then got blocked from that section because you phony scientist couldn't refute radiometric dating techniques.
I have explained the problems with radiometric dating techniques many times here on TOL. But people like you have your ears plugged and are brain dead on the topic.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I have explained the problems with radiometric dating techniques many times here on TOL. But people like you have your ears plugged and are brain dead on the topic.
There are no problems with radiometric dating. Its verifiable and fully accepted out in the real world beyond Bible worship

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The dead sea scrolls are Just fragmented copies of what was finalized in Babylon.

Have any evidence to support that claim?

Taken down to Qumran for sake keeping before Gentile vengeance fell upon Jerusalem.

Again, evidence?

Or are you just saying that because the UB tells you that it is so?

You were blocked from that section because what you were trying to talk about wasn't science, it was cultish nonsense. It doesn't belong in the science section.

There is only one reason to refute the dating techniques of science,

It's because radiometric dating techniques are inherently based on unprovable and incorrect assumptions.

C-14 dating, however, is pretty reliable... (when calibrated properly...)

to fit the Israelites story of origins.

More anti-semitic nonsense.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Have any evidence to support that claim?

Again, evidence?

Or are you just saying that because the UB tells you that it is so?

You were blocked from that section because what you were trying to talk about wasn't science, it was cultish nonsense. It doesn't belong in the science section.

It's because radiometric dating techniques are inherently based on unprovable and incorrect assumptions.

C-14 dating, however, is pretty reliable... (when calibrated properly...)

More anti-semitic nonsense.
Yes, there is evidence. Go ask the flawless Jewish people who have been working on the Dead Sea scroll dates.

Dead Sea Scrolls Mystery Solved?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There are no problems with radiometric dating.

Because you say so?

Its verifiable and fully accepted out in the real world beyond Bible worship.

It's not verifiable. Give two samples of rock from a few inches apart the same rock layer to a radiometric dating facility, and they will come up with two very different dates. Oh wait, you can't do that anymore, because it would show how inaccurate the testing is... They need to know exactly where you got it from and how old the rock layers around it are supposed to be, which is completely counterproductive....

Dates of the Dead Sea Scrolls

Dead Sea Scrolls

Actually, Wikipedia is wrong on this one:

Dating from the 3rd century BC to the 1st century AD.

We are validating our science while the Bible history was debunked long ago.

If by validation you mean constantly coming up with ad hoc rescue devices and changing the story, then sure.

But the Bible has never been debunked.

Caino, question for you, and I would like you to answer this:

When atheistic and/or secular archaeologists go out on a dig in the middle east, which book do you think most of them bring with them?

See the link above.

Go ask the flawless Jewish people who have been working on the Dead Sea scroll dates.

Alright, I've had enough of your anti-semitism. Time for you to take a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.