The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus of the UB on forgiveness:

174:1.1 …… “Master, James and I are not in accord regarding your teachings having to do with the forgiveness of sin. James claims you teach that the Father forgives us even before we ask him, and I maintain that repentance and confession must precede the forgiveness. Which of us is right? what do you say?”
174:1.2 …..Jesus answered: “My brethren, you err in your opinions because you do not comprehend the nature of those intimate and loving relations between the creature and the Creator, between man and God. You fail to grasp that understanding sympathy which the wise parent entertains for his immature and sometimes erring child. It is indeed doubtful whether intelligent and affectionate parents are ever called upon to forgive an average and normal child. Understanding relationships associated with attitudes of love effectively prevent all those estrangements which later necessitate the readjustment of repentance by the child with forgiveness by the parent.”
174:1.3 “A part of every father lives in the child. The father enjoys priority and superiority of understanding in all matters connected with the child-parent relationship. The parent is able to view the immaturity of the child in the light of the more advanced parental maturity, the riper experience of the older partner. With the earthly child and the heavenly Father, the divine parent possesses infinity and divinity of sympathy and capacity for loving understanding. Divine forgiveness is inevitable; it is inherent and inalienable in God’s infinite understanding, in his perfect knowledge of all that concerns the mistaken judgment and erroneous choosing of the child. Divine justice is so eternally fair that it unfailingly embodies understanding mercy.”
174:1.4 “When a wise man understands the inner impulses of his fellows, he will love them. And when you love your brother, you have already forgiven him. This capacity to understand man’s nature and forgive his apparent wrongdoing is Godlike. If you are wise parents, this is the way you will love and understand your children, even forgive them when transient misunderstanding has apparently separated you. The child, being immature and lacking in the fuller understanding of the depth of the child-father relationship, must frequently feel a sense of guilty separation from a father’s full approval, but the true father is never conscious of any such separation. Sin is an experience of creature consciousness; it is not a part of God’s consciousness.”
174:1.5 “Your inability or unwillingness to forgive your fellows is the measure of your immaturity, your failure to attain adult sympathy, understanding, and love. You hold grudges and nurse vengefulness in direct proportion to your ignorance of the inner nature and true longings of your children and your fellow beings. Love is the outworking of the divine and inner urge of life. It is founded on understanding, nurtured by unselfish service, and perfected in wisdom
.”

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
placing the letter above the Spirit......

placing the letter above the Spirit......

Worship the scripture is an odd saying. Whats worship the scripture?

As pointed out earlier,...if you esteem the so called 'scriptures' (whatever canon you subscribe to)....as inerrant, infallible, perfect, complete and final....then this can be an 'idol' for you....placing the letter above the Spirit, since we are to worship the Father alone in spirit and truth. Don't forget there is 'progressive revelation'.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Only according to the urantia UFO cult and other false religions.

I find your statement amazing, since Jesus said the Spirit of truth would be leading and guiding us into all truth, and there were things yet to be told to the disciples that they were not yet ready for. You are so deluded with your mistaken preconception of the UB have anything to do with UFOs...which is does NOT. I tire of the resilient idiocy on this particular matter, to say nothing of a failure of discussion etiquette or the ability to carry on a 'creative dialogue' for the sake of enjoying the potentials and possibilities of such, - remember, this is a discussion board.

As long as evolutionary mortals (human beings) are limited by their finite minds, and circumscribed dimensionally by space and time,...there will always be room and the momentum of 'progressive revelation',....this is obvious and logical, since we are in a process of growing, evolving, learning. The revelation of 'God' (truth/reality) is ever unfolding, the frontier of consciousness is without end......infinite.

Your lack of creative imagination, expansion of consciousness, or capacity to engage in a 'creative dialogue' does not discount the concepts, principles and cosmology shared,...but it takes an intelligent effort to engage such a discussion. Until we see that,....pot-shots, ad-hominems, presumptions do not assist our endeavor here.

pj

journey

Your lack of creative imagination, expansion of consciousness, or capacity to engage in a 'creative dialogue' does not discount the concepts, principles and cosmology shared,...but it takes an intelligent effort to engage such a discussion. Until we see that,....pot-shots, ad-hominems, presumptions do not assist our endeavor here.

pj

Don't hold your breath waiting for me to assist you in selling the urantia UFO cult garbage. I consider it ignorant to fall for the urantia garbage and the other false religions you represent.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
As pointed out earlier,...if you esteem the so called 'scriptures' (whatever canon you subscribe to)....as inerrant, infallible, perfect, complete and final....then this can be an 'idol' for you....placing the letter above the Spirit, since we are to worship the Father alone in spirit and truth. Don't forget there is 'progressive revelation'.

pj

Placing the Word above the Spirit?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Progressive Revelation..........

Progressive Revelation..........

Placing the Word above the Spirit?

Bibliolatry includes more, it assumes that a tome of writings is the inerrant, infallible, perfect and final revelation of 'God', and that there cannot be any more inspired writings or revelations beyond this. This can retard spiritual progress, and keep religious dogmas and crystallized creeds as the focus as a capsulation of absolute truth, when these are but relative propositions and statements, subject to revision and interpretation.

With any religious text,....both the logos and the Spirit must be working together in one's understanding and teaching, logically. The Spirit alone is life and truth, ever revealing truths in any dispensation of space or time, and because of space-time relativity, revelation unfolds appropriately upon readiness and reception. As long as there is 'learning' there is no finality of truth revealed in totality, but in part.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Don't hold your breath waiting for me to assist you in selling the urantia UFO cult garbage. I consider it ignorant to fall for the urantia garbage and the other false religions you represent.

Don't forget the principle of progressive revelation. You cant put 'God' in a box, neither can you limit the Infinite from having illumined and inspired other religious traditions and their prophets, avatars, holy men/women, etc. 'God' is the one universal and infinite reality, the First Source and Center of all that exists, and all that ever will be.

1:0.1 The Universal Father is the God of all creation, the First Source and Center of all things and beings.

Paper 1 - The Universal Father

pj

journey

The standard and authority for TRUTH about God is God's Word, the Holy Bible. The Holy Bible is COMPLETED, regardless of what false religions want you to believe. So called recent revelations are NOT from God and are FALSE. This includes the urantia UFO cult materials and teachings.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
More corrections...........

More corrections...........

The standard and authority for TRUTH about God is God's Word, the Holy Bible.

That represents one belief held by some.

The Holy Bible is COMPLETED, regardless of what false religions want you to believe.

The issue of believing one collection of books canonized by a particular religious community is the infallible, inerrant, perfect and final 'word of god' is faulty on many levels, since revelation is progressive, and you cant confine 'God' to one religious program or tradition.

So called recent revelations are NOT from God and are FALSE.

I find this statement to be unproven and presumptuous, since the Spirit of God and other heavenly helpers/angels/spirits are continually instructing, leading, guiding, enlightening souls who are open to LEARN of 'God', and those laws/principles/values that promote and govern spiritual development and the soul's evolution. This mentality of a the denial of present and on-going revelation is against the words of Jesus himself, let alone common sense.

Also don't forget Jesus important conversation with Nathaniel about the scriptures shared earlier here.

This includes the urantia UFO cult materials and teachings.

No UFOs are involved with the UB. So stop being a liar in this regard. I've corrected GM and yourself over and over on this point, and enough is enough. If you don't have the integrity or dignity to respect the facts, then my estimation of your version of 'Christianity' is even more pitiful.

The UB speaks much about revelation -

See: Spiritual revelation

~*~*~

Don't forget,....Jesus said the Spirit will CONTINUE to lead, guid, teach and instruct. The Spirit of God is the life-principle, infinite intelligence, cosmic consciousness.....that is ever streaming. Revelation unfolding in space-time is spontaneous, moment to moment, ever new.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
UFO junk was much bigger back in the 60s. I even wanted to purchase
one of those "UFO Detectors" they were selling in a UFO magazine. I
was about sixteen then. It claimed if a UFO flew over your, "place of
abode" it would detect it. So, I feel your pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.