The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The TRUE and LIVING GOD - not the god (little "g") of the urantia UFO Cult. The writers of the ub proved that you can make up things and expound on the make-believe, and a few bozos will buy it. Don't compare the ub to anything REAL or FACTUAL. The Holy Bible is REAL and FACTUAL.

Yep, the "Urantia book" was custom made for people like Freelight
and Caino! They would rather follow "Cultist belief systems, Ufology,
and little green men" than, the truth of God's Word!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
But you and caino start with the ub - a total FABRICATION. I can almost hear Star Trek music in the background of this thread. FICTION is FICTION, so there's no making it into anything else. In short, the ub is bad FICTION.

No doubt, a close cousin to, Scientology? Another UFO Cult written
around the same time. (1954-1955)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
FL sure seemed to be headed for a complete mental/emotional breakdown
last night? He reported me 3 times in a row? Oh, and the things he said!
Yikes!

Charity

Maybe UFOs and little green men are out of style for this generation?

I don't know, but the bible demands the earth is only six thousand years old, who knows if life on another planet evolved to be better than this planet, in which religion force feed of its own universal importance, condemned science an knowledge as persistence came to threaten even the end of religious earthly reins.
A bigger better God MAY exist, one that looks down on earthlings as his 1 zillion an 1th creation, that allowed one sociopath dream a trillion sheep under a code that made one man the law. an made the whole world cry.
I think humans were over dazzled by sparkly gold rocks, that in the end the one with the most could tell the rest what to think an do for a tiny shaving a day, just for it was a little hard to find.

Last edited:

Charity

I discern them. Without doing so, you read and then adopt their doctrine.

as you say as you do! the books actually got some good quotes in it, different authors, but some are not a free Light, rather ghosts an captives of the curse. BAHAHAAA, an thy shall never find a treasure, so simply protected, surrounded by snares an traps.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
159:5.9 Jesus did not hesitate to appropriate the better half of a Scripture while he repudiated the lesser portion. His great exhortation, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” he took from the Scripture which reads: “You shall not take vengeance against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Jesus appropriated the positive portion of this Scripture while rejecting the negative part. He even opposed negative or purely passive nonresistance. Said he: “When an enemy smites you on one cheek, do not stand there dumb and passive but in positive attitude turn the other; that is, do the best thing possible actively to lead your brother in error away from the evil paths into the better ways of righteous living.” Jesus required his followers to react positively and aggressively to every life situation. The turning of the other cheek, or whatever act that may typify, demands initiative, necessitates vigorous, active, and courageous expression of the believer’s personality." UB 1955

Last edited:

Aimiel

Jesus isn't the spirit behind the Urantia papers, obviously.

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus isn't the spirit behind the Urantia papers, obviously.

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

You think a lot like the religious people who killed Jesus.

If you think demons could write the UB and have all sorts of powers, then how do you know Jesus wasn't inspired by Satan like your self righteous ken folk accused him?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The story of Jesus sent by those celestials who were with him while on the earth can be compared with what we already have preserved imperfectly in the gospel accounts.

Last Words in the Synagogue

(1713.3) 153:4.1 In the midst of the discussions of this after meeting, one of the Pharisees from Jerusalem brought to Jesus a distraught youth who was possessed of an unruly and rebellious spirit. Leading this demented lad up to Jesus, he said: “What can you do for such affliction as this? Can you cast out devils?” And when the Master looked upon the youth, he was moved with compassion and, beckoning for the lad to come to him, took him by the hand and said: “You know who I am; come out of him; and I charge one of your loyal fellows to see that you do not return.” And immediately the lad was normal and in his right mind. And this is the first case where Jesus really cast an “evil spirit” out of a human being. All of the previous cases were only supposed possession of the devil; but this was a genuine case of demoniac possession, even such as sometimes occurred in those days and right up to the day of Pentecost, when the Master’s spirit was poured out upon all flesh, making it forever impossible for these few celestial rebels to take such advantage of certain unstable types of human beings.

(1714.1) 153:4.2 When the people marveled, one of the Pharisees stood up and charged that Jesus could do these things because he was in league with devils; that he admitted in the language which he employed in casting out this devil that they were known to each other; and he went on to state that the religious teachers and leaders at Jerusalem had decided that Jesus did all his so-called miracles by the power of Beelzebub, the prince of devils. Said the Pharisee: “Have nothing to do with this man; he is in partnership with Satan.”

(1714.2) 153:4.3 Then said Jesus: “How can Satan cast out Satan? A kingdom divided against itself cannot stand; if a house be divided against itself, it is soon brought to desolation. Can a city withstand a siege if it is not united? If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then shall his kingdom stand? But you should know that no one can enter into the house of a strong man and despoil his goods except he first overpower and bind that strong man. And so, if I by the power of Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore shall they be your judges. But if I, by the spirit of God, cast out devils, then has the kingdom of God truly come upon you. If you were not blinded by prejudice and misled by fear and pride, you would easily perceive that one who is greater than devils stands in your midst. You compel me to declare that he who is not with me is against me, while he who gathers not with me scatters abroad. Let me utter a solemn warning to you who would presume, with your eyes open and with premeditated malice, knowingly to ascribe the works of God to the doings of devils! Verily, verily, I say to you, all your sins shall be forgiven, even all of your blasphemies, but whosoever shall blaspheme against God with deliberation and wicked intention shall never obtain forgiveness. Since such persistent workers of iniquity will never seek nor receive forgiveness, they are guilty of the sin of eternally rejecting divine forgiveness.

(1714.3) 153:4.4 “Many of you have this day come to the parting of the ways; you have come to a beginning of the making of the inevitable choice between the will of the Father and the self-chosen ways of darkness. And as you now choose, so shall you eventually be. You must either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else will the tree become corrupt and its fruit corrupt. I declare that in my Father’s eternal kingdom the tree is known by its fruits. But some of you who are as vipers, how can you, having already chosen evil, bring forth good fruits? After all, out of the abundance of the evil in your hearts your mouths speak.”

(1714.4) 153:4.5 Then stood up another Pharisee, who said: “Teacher, we would have you give us a predetermined sign which we will agree upon as establishing your authority and right to teach. Will you agree to such an arrangement?” And when Jesus heard this, he said: “This faithless and sign-seeking generation seeks a token, but no sign shall be given you other than that which you already have, and that which you shall see when the Son of Man departs from among you.”

(1714.5) 153:4.6 And when he had finished speaking, his apostles surrounded him and led him from the synagogue. In silence they journeyed home with him to Bethsaida. They were all amazed and somewhat terror-stricken by the sudden change in the Master’s teaching tactics. They were wholly unaccustomed to seeing him perform in such a militant manner. UB 1955

Caino

BANNED
Banned
That's just not true.One cannot possibly be respectful of ANYONE who's silly enough to believe that Truth could be channeled by a demon regarding Jesus or God. Your UB is demonic doctrine, communicated to men by demons, that much is quite clear.

You blaspheme the Word from heaven, but for now it is in ignorance.

You are a liar who believes his own lies making you a fool!

The UB quite clearly identifies the authors of the retelling of the story of Christ while on the earth:

The Urantia Book

Paper 121

The Times of Michael’s Bestowal​

(1332.1) 121:0.1 ACTING under the supervision of a commission of twelve members of the United Brotherhood of Urantia Midwayers, conjointly sponsored by the presiding head of our order and the Melchizedek of record, I am the secondary midwayer of onetime attachment to the Apostle Andrew, and I am authorized to place on record the narrative of the life transactions of Jesus of Nazareth as they were observed by my order of earth creatures, and as they were subsequently partially recorded by the human subject of my temporal guardianship. Knowing how his Master so scrupulously avoided leaving written records behind him, Andrew steadfastly refused to multiply copies of his written narrative. A similar attitude on the part of the other apostles of Jesus greatly delayed the writing of the Gospels.
=
=
=

[Acknowledgment: In carrying out my commission to restate the teachings and retell the doings of Jesus of Nazareth, I have drawn freely upon all sources of record and planetary information. My ruling motive has been to prepare a record which will not only be enlightening to the generation of men now living, but which may also be helpful to all future generations. From the vast store of information made available to me, I have chosen that which is best suited to the accomplishment of this purpose. As far as possible I have derived my information from purely human sources. Only when such sources failed, have I resorted to those records which are superhuman. When ideas and concepts of Jesus’ life and teachings have been acceptably expressed by a human mind, I invariably gave preference to such apparently human thought patterns. Although I have sought to adjust the verbal expression the better to conform to our concept of the real meaning and the true import of the Master’s life and teachings, as far as possible, I have adhered to the actual human concept and thought pattern in all my narratives. I well know that those concepts which have had origin in the human mind will prove more acceptable and helpful to all other human minds. When unable to find the necessary concepts in the human records or in human expressions, I have next resorted to the memory resources of my own order of earth creatures, the midwayers. And when that secondary source of information proved inadequate, I have unhesitatingly resorted to the superplanetary sources of information.

(1343.2) 121:8.13 The memoranda which I have collected, and from which I have prepared this narrative of the life and teachings of Jesus — aside from the memory of the record of the Apostle Andrew — embrace thought gems and superior concepts of Jesus’ teachings assembled from more than two thousand human beings who have lived on earth from the days of Jesus down to the time of the inditing of these revelations, more correctly restatements. The revelatory permission has been utilized only when the human record and human concepts failed to supply an adequate thought pattern. My revelatory commission forbade me to resort to extrahuman sources of either information or expression until such a time as I could testify that I had failed in my efforts to find the required conceptual expression in purely human sources.

(1343.3) 121:8.14 While I, with the collaboration of my eleven associate fellow midwayers and under the supervision of the Melchizedek of record, have portrayed this narrative in accordance with my concept of its effective arrangement and in response to my choice of immediate expression, nevertheless, the majority of the ideas and even some of the effective expressions which I have thus utilized had their origin in the minds of the men of many races who have lived on earth during the intervening generations, right on down to those who are still alive at the time of this undertaking. In many ways I have served more as a collector and editor than as an original narrator. I have unhesitatingly appropriated those ideas and concepts, preferably human, which would enable me to create the most effective portraiture of Jesus’ life, and which would qualify me to restate his matchless teachings in the most strikingly helpful and universally uplifting phraseology. In behalf of the Brotherhood of the United Midwayers of Urantia, I most gratefully acknowledge our indebtedness to all sources of record and concept which have been hereinafter utilized in the further elaboration of our restatement of Jesus’ life on earth.]

Aimiel

You blaspheme the Word from heaven, but for now it is in ignorance.
All true, except the 'heaven' part. Urantia is from hell, quite obviously.
You are a liar who believes his own lies making you a fool!
I don't lie, but I do not only know Truth, but He also lives in me. He leads, guides and directs me in all I do. The Living Word of God is my Rock and Fortress. I trust Him. Your Jebus (the false god of Urantia that doesn't even exist) is a phony. It is nothing more than demonic doctrine, designed to discredit Jesus' Blood, which is the power of our salvation and our only weapon against Satan.
The UB quite clearly identifies the authors of the retelling of the story of Christ while on the earth:
If it did so honestly, they'd have no followers.

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
All true, except the 'heaven' part. Urantia is from hell, quite obviously.I don't lie, but I do not only know Truth, but He also lives in me. He leads, guides and directs me in all I do. The Living Word of God is my Rock and Fortress. I trust Him. Your Jebus (the false god of Urantia that doesn't even exist) is a phony. It is nothing more than demonic doctrine, designed to discredit Jesus' Blood, which is the power of our salvation and our only weapon against Satan.If it did so honestly, they'd have no followers.

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

You have fooled yourself, you lie all the time on this thread, you are a person of poor character with no sign of having a relationship with Jesu Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.