ECT The Land Promise the LORD Gave To David

Right Divider

Body part
Good I'm glad you don't think it is in our history or crammed into the end of our history. I hope you see it is not Judaic either. So then you are actually in agreement that there is no 2nd program running that God has left unfinished. Great.
Such a childish little know-nothing. Great.

Right Divider

Body part
What other conclusion can I reach? You don't think it is in our history and you know Rev 20 is NHNE. So...there is not going to be a Davidic theocracy on earth. You're catching on.
The NHNE comes in Rev 21. Your typical inability to be accurate is showing.

The kingdom gets established when the King returns and destroys His enemies.

Interplanner

OK, but where do we differ on what happens when? The kingdom that is being given up is in effect now. the kingdom of priests (20:6)

Interplanner

The body of Christ has no priesthood. No need for one.

You're just an Israelite wannbe.

lol, interesting that you would say that when the whole point of Eph 2B-3A is that gentiles share in all those things about israel through being in Christ! So you could say we are all Israelite wannabes and we all get to do that in Christ!

And yes we are a kingdom of priests--in Christ--right now.

Right Divider

Body part
lol, interesting that you would say that when the whole point of Eph 2B-3A is that gentiles share in all those things about israel through being in Christ!
We share their SPIRITUAL things and Israel's priesthood is NOT one of those things.

Rom 15:25-27 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:25) But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints. (15:26) For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem. (15:27) It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.

So you could say we are all Israelite wannabes and we all get to do that in Christ!

And yes we are a kingdom of priests--in Christ--right now.
You are not a priest, you are a pretender. Priests are MEDIATORS and we have ONE MEDIATOR and that is the man Christ Jesus.

1Tim 2:5-6 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:5) For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (2:6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Who are YOU "mediating" between?

Interplanner

We share their SPIRITUAL things and Israel's priesthood is NOT one of those things.

Rom 15:25-27 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:25) But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints. (15:26) For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem. (15:27) It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.

You are not a priest, you are a pretender. Priests are MEDIATORS and we have ONE MEDIATOR and that is the man Christ Jesus.

1Tim 2:5-6 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:5) For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (2:6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Who are YOU "mediating" between?

The 'priesthood of believers' has always meant that every Christian can tell a non-Christian what is necessary to gain justification before God. That is true. Because each of us is in Christ.

I'm amused that priesthood ended up in 'carnal' things! lol. That's not what that passage is about at all. It had to do with sharing food with people in a famine, so it is really 'material goods.'

Right Divider

Body part
The 'priesthood of believers' has always meant that every Christian can tell a non-Christian what is necessary to gain justification before God. That is true. Because each of us is in Christ.
Where is that described IN THE BIBLE. I know Paul never mentions it. But, then again, he only wrote 13 epistles.

I'm amused that priesthood ended up in 'carnal' things! lol. That's not what that passage is about at all. It had to do with sharing food with people in a famine, so it is really 'material goods.'
My point is that WE are NOT part of a priesthood, or our apostle Paul would have told us so.

That fact that you completely IGNORE the ONE MEDIATOR and do not know what a priest is, is your problem.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Where is that described IN THE BIBLE. I know Paul never mentions it. But, then again, he only wrote 13 epistles.

My point is that WE are NOT part of a priesthood, or our apostle Paul would have told us so.

That fact that you completely IGNORE the ONE MEDIATOR and do not know what a priest is, is your problem.

Any time we pray for another soul, we perform the priestly duty of intercession. Any time we show charity and give our goods to the poor, we make our offerings as priests. Even our thanksgivings voiced to God for His goodness to us personally, is the act of a priest.

Peter taught the priesthood of believers in I Peter 2:4-10

Right Divider

Body part
Any time we pray for another soul, we perform the priestly duty of intercession. Any time we show charity and give our goods to the poor, we make our offerings as priests. Even our thanksgivings voiced to God for His goodness to us personally, is the act of a priest.

Peter taught the priesthood of believers in I Peter 2:4-10
The Great Nang, scripture twister par excellence.

TweetyBird

She does not know the difference between an ambassador and a priest.

Peter says we are a priesthood.

1 Peter 2
Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, 2 as newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: 3 if so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious. 4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, 5 ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. 6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. 7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, 8 and a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. 9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 10 which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Peter is quoting Paul:

Rom 12
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Hebrews 13:15
By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Eph 5
18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 19 speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; 20 giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

priesthood

G2406
ἱεράτευμα
hierateuma
hee-er-at'-yoo-mah
From G2407; the priestly fraternity, that is, a sacerdotal order (figuratively): - priesthood.

G2409
ἱερεύς
hiereus
hee-er-yooce'
From G2413; a priest (literally or figuratively): - (high) priest.

G2407
ἱερατεύω
hierateuō
hee-er-at-yoo'-o
Prolongation from G2409; to be a priest, that is, perform his functions: - execute the priest’s office.

G2413
ἱερός
hieros
hee-er-os'
Of uncertain affinity; sacred: - holy.