ECT The Land Promise the LORD Gave To David

Interplanner

Why don't you take this advice with Heb 8:8 (KJV)?

Do you think the naming of tribes limits it when the whole book is about the same salvation that is in Christ for all mankind? What a stupid deduction! And then the book has nothing about a Davidic theocracy since it is an unshakeable kingdom that is coming! And the book dismisses a Judaistic theocracy!

So I guess you don't realize that that line about the tribe names is like the other handful of 2P2P niches that are supposed to protect it from objections (Mt 23's 'until you say 'blessed is he...' or Rom 11:26 'all Israel...'). Not a chance.

Do you have any idea what Judea was going through at the time? No, because you mindlessly refuse to read historical background like Rhoades, etc. Why do you think the 'land was in danger of being burnt' was mentioned? Oh really, it has nothing at all to do with 1st century events and the whole thing has to do with events X000 years in the future?

Why does the other references to the new covenant in the NT show a living dynamic thing that is going out the nations and drawing them in and giving them the gift of justification from the debt of sin?

You are totally ignorant, leaning toward recycling Judaism, for some reason, like the opponents of the Gospel in Colossians with their neo-Judaism. It just wasn't prophetic-oriented; it went for imposing fresh torah commands.

SaulToPaul 2

Do you think the naming of tribes limits it when the whole book is about the same salvation that is in Christ for all mankind? What a stupid deduction! And then the book has nothing about a Davidic theocracy since it is an unshakeable kingdom that is coming! And the book dismisses a Judaistic theocracy!

So I guess you don't realize that that line about the tribe names is like the other handful of 2P2P niches that are supposed to protect it from objections (Mt 23's 'until you say 'blessed is he...' or Rom 11:26 'all Israel...'). Not a chance.

Do you have any idea what Judea was going through at the time? No, because you mindlessly refuse to read historical background like Rhoades, etc. Why do you think the 'land was in danger of being burnt' was mentioned? Oh really, it has nothing at all to do with 1st century events and the whole thing has to do with events X000 years in the future?

Why does the other references to the new covenant in the NT show a living dynamic thing that is going out the nations and drawing them in and giving them the gift of justification from the debt of sin?

You are totally ignorant, leaning toward recycling Judaism, for some reason, like the opponents of the Gospel in Colossians with their neo-Judaism. It just wasn't prophetic-oriented; it went for imposing fresh torah commands.

Which tribe are you, Lamont?

Interplanner

The tribe of faith, you NT-ignorant cartoonist. Rom 4:16 and don't you dare complicate it with the mental illness known as 2P2P, the fraud. He obviously meant it in the most generous sense.

Interplanner

Not silly. He meant in Rom 4:16 that those who believe recieve the same blessing as Abraham. It is 2P2P which systematically does NOT use those passages that say so, to protect 2 programs like RD just said yesterday, and they all eventually do: one in heaven for believers, one on earth for Jews.

SaulToPaul 2

Not silly. He meant in Rom 4:16 that those who believe recieve the same blessing as Abraham. It is 2P2P which systematically does NOT use those passages that say so, to protect 2 programs like RD just said yesterday, and they all eventually do: one in heaven for believers, one on earth for Jews.

:chuckle:

TweetyBird

Anyone reading the text and paying attention can see that their question was redirected to the receiving of power and that without knowing when it would happen, and that this happened in the Pentecost event. It is very clear and simple. Leave it alone.

Totally agree. Jesus redirected their question with an answer they were not expecting. They did not grasp just yet, that the nation of Israel ceased to be the people of God - that each Jew must join a new nation of God - the one that bears fruit - that one nation dependent upon and receiving the promises of God in and through Christ - a royal nation washed in His blood alone made up of every nation on earth, including the Jews. That is why Paul was so amazed with the Gospel - that God did not throw away the promise or His once chosen people, but included them in the promises of Christ Jesus [today hear His voice] - who brought better promises, was far more glorious than the original promises because they were eternal and far surpassing of anything ever conceived by mankind and would last for all eternity. That is the simplicity of the Gospel that Paul never ceased striving to teach to both Jew and Gentile.

Interplanner

The Bible, taken at face value, teaches different inheritances for different peoples.
That is why I subscribe to it.

Nope, it's Christ alone. I think we've finally hit on the real mistake you are promoting. Christ is the gift, the inheritance, the new creation. That is why the believers are all unified; and all other systems divide Christ up.

[/I]

I can't think of one place in the NT that makes any distinctions.

Last edited:

TweetyBird

Nope, it's Christ alone. I think we've finally hit on the real mistake you are promoting. Christ is the gift, the inheritance, the new creation. That is why the believers are all unified; and all other systems divide Christ up.

[/I]

I agree again with you. In fact, Eph 2 states it quite clearly. There are no longer two separate groups of people but one new man built upon Jesus, the apostles and prophets into a spiritual habitation. He took down the wall of partition - a double application - to reconcile us to God through Jesus blood and to make a new man out of two. It's really so simple a child can understand it :idea::thumb:

Right Divider

Body part

What is this NT?

Rev 21:22-27 (AKJV/PCE)
(21:22) And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. (21:23) And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb [is] the light thereof. (21:24) And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. (21:25) And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. (21:26) And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. (21:27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Who are these "nations of them which are saved"?
Who are these "kings of the earth"?

Isa 60:15-22 (AKJV/PCE)
(60:15) Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through [thee], I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations. (60:16) Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD [am] thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob. (60:17) For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness. (60:18) Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise. (60:19) The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. (60:20) Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended. (60:21) Thy people also [shall be] all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified. (60:22) A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time.

It's too bad that your bogus fairy tale will not let you see the truth.

Those TWO passages are about the SAME THING.... a thing which has NOT yet come. A THING which you know nothing about.

Interplanner

RD:
the question at hand is not clear to you. The question is: do we expect another episode of Judaism--sincere or deceptive or both--in human history before the 2nd coming and is is 'necessary' as a part of chain of sequenced events before the 2nd coming?

To quote a clearly NHNE passage about this does not deal with the question. The NHNE is very different physically from this world, since God is the temple and the Lamb is the light.

Interplanner

It will be interesting to see guys nursing gentile kings and leaders, huh? If you have to be literal!

You might try focusing on passages the NT quotes from the OT.

Right Divider

Body part
RD:
the question at hand is not clear to you. The question is: do we expect another episode of Judaism--sincere or deceptive or both--in human history before the 2nd coming and is is 'necessary' as a part of chain of sequenced events before the 2nd coming?

To quote a clearly NHNE passage about this does not deal with the question. The NHNE is very different physically from this world, since God is the temple and the Lamb is the light.
The passage what I quoted from Rev 21 is NHNE. This is where Christ's everlasting kingdom will exist.

Why don't you understand that passage and its matching passage in Isaiah?

Right Divider

Body part
It will be interesting to see guys nursing gentile kings and leaders, huh? If you have to be literal!

You might try focusing on passages the NT quotes from the OT.
Just shows that you cannot understand most of the Bible.

Are you unaware that this sort of figurative language has a literal meaning?

Interplanner

The passage what I quoted from Rev 21 is NHNE. This is where Christ's everlasting kingdom will exist.

Why don't you understand that passage and its matching passage in Isaiah?

I do. Neither are in our history before the 2nd coming. There is no Judaic Davidic theocracy going to happen, and what Isaiah is describing is not either, because by that time, he's referring to Christian believers, some of which are Jews.

Interplanner

Good I'm glad you don't think it is in our history or crammed into the end of our history. I hope you see it is not Judaic either. So then you are actually in agreement that there is no 2nd program running that God has left unfinished. Great.