ECT The Land Promise the LORD Gave To David

Jerry Shugart

Jesus said the His Kingdom was not of this world, so how can it be an earthly Kingdom?

He said that it is not "now" of this world! Why didn't you mention that?

Jesus is reigning and ruling NOW.

Then why did He say that the kingdom will be near at hand when He returns to the earth?:

"And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand"
(Lk.21:27-31).​

If the Lord Jesus is reigning now then why does He say that He will begin to sit upon His throne when He returns to the earth?:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

You have a vivid imagination but your ideas are contradicted by the very words of the Lord Jesus Christ!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Then why did He say that the kingdom will be near at hand when He returns to the earth?:

"And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand"

If the Lord Jesus is reigning now then why does He say that He will begin to sit upon His throne when He returns to the earth?:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

You have a vivid imagination but your ideas are contradicted by the very words of the Lord Jesus Christ!

Not really. I understand where he is coming from.

He knows Christ now reigns from the Throne of God in Heaven over the true Church of the Elect.

You reject that, because you prefer to reign over yourself.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

All Madists only see a future reign of Christ and live accordingly.

LA

SaulToPaul 2

Not really. I understand where he is coming from.

He knows Christ now reigns from the Throne of God in Heaven over the true Church of the Elect.

You reject that, because you prefer to reign over yourself.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

All Madists only see a future reign of Christ and live accordingly.

LA

LA the Great Judge of All Mankind has issued another verdict.

Jerry Shugart

Then why is He sitting at the Father's throne and not His own?:

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne" (Rev.3:21).​

Why does the Lord Jesus say that He will not sit upon His own throne until He returns to the earth?:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, THEN shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

beloved57

Jerry

It doesn't say that He will begin to sit. It says that He will Then sit! Matt 25:31

31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory

Jerry Shugart

You said to begin. That is not what that scripture says!

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, THEN shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

The Greek word translated "then" is a "demonstrative adverb of time, denoting 'at that time,' is used" (Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words).

So we can understand the verse in the following way:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, AT THAT TIME shall he sit upon the throne of his glory."

It will not be until the Lord Jesus returns to the earth when He will sit upon His throne. That means that it will be at that time when He will "begin" to sit upon His throne.

beloved57

The Greek word translated "then" is a "demonstrative adverb of time, denoting 'at that time,' is used" (Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words).

So we can understand the verse in the following way:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, AT THAT TIME shall he sit upon the throne of his glory."

It will not be until the Lord Jesus returns to the earth when He will sit upon His throne. That means that it will be at that time when He will "begin" to sit upon His throne.

He will at that time sit down that is logical. But you said it begins. That is not what that verse says, nor the greek supports that. That is purely your preconceived notion without biblical support.

Jerry Shugart

He will at that time sit down that is logical.

That means that He will not be sitting on the throne until that time. But when that time comes He will "begin" to sit upon His throne.

But you said it begins. That is not what that verse says, nor the greek supports that. That is purely your preconceived notion without biblical support.

Did you already forget that you said that "He will at that time sit down that is logical."

Since the Lord will, at that time sit down, then it is obvious that before that time He was not sitting down. Therefore, when the time comes He will "begin" to sit upon His throne!

Right Divider

Body part
That means that He will not be sitting on the throne until that time. But when that time comes He will "begin" to sit upon His throne.

Did you already forget that you said that "He will at that time sit down that is logical."

Since the Lord will, at that time sit down, then it is obvious that before that time He was not sitting down. Therefore, when the time comes He will "begin" to sit upon His throne!
It's just impossible to have an actual conversation with these folks that cannot even think a single logical thought.

TweetyBird

John 18:36
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Rev 21
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

TweetyBird

He is not of this world, yet he was standing on earth.

If his kingdom is not of this world, why can't it be on earth?

John 18:36
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

It exists now in the Heavenlies, not by observance - we cannot see it. It will be brought down to the new earth. Rev 21.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then why is He sitting at the Father's throne and not His own?:

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne" (Rev.3:21).​

Why does the Lord Jesus say that He will not sit upon His own throne until He returns to the earth?:

You keep speaking that error.

Christ does not immediately upon His return sit on the throne of judgment to judge all of the nations.

You should get understanding of Gods word.

Christ will never leave the throne of His Father to sit on a lesser earthly throne.

LA

Jerry Shugart

Rev 21
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.

Why are you so eager to pervert the words of the Lord Jesus? When He said this He was not speaking of coming to the New Heaven and the New Earth:

His words there were in answer to His disciples' question of what will be the signs of His coming (Mt.24:3). And they were not asking Him about His coming to the New Heaven and the New Earth but instead coming to the earth on which they lived!

Jerry Shugart

Christ will never leave the throne of His Father to sit on a lesser earthly throne.

Then tell me what throne the Lord Jesus will occupy when He returns to the earth?:

Anyone who has a basic knowledge of these things knows that the throne of which the Lord speaks of in that verse is this one:

"He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end" (Lk.1:32,33).​