ECT The House of Israel and the House of Judah Will Be a Blessing

Interplanner

The New covenant was between God and Christ. Christ acted on behalf of those who believe on him. That is why christ himself is called 'a covenant' by Isaiah: 'I will make you a covenant for the people.'

The most definitive thing then is the expression 'in Christ.' The OT reads differently in Christ. We as believers are in Christ. It is a completely different world from the old covenant.

Jerry Shugart

The New covenant was between God and Christ.

You really need to get yourself a Bible and read it. There you will read that the New Covenant is between the Lord and the house of Israel and the house of Judah:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah"
(Jer.31:31).

You think that you are an expert on these matters but you prove over and over that you do not even know the most elementary things about this.

Right Divider

Body part
You really need to get yourself a Bible and read it. There you will read that the New Covenant is between the Lord and the house of Israel and the house of Judah:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah"
(Jer.31:31).

You think that you are an expert on these matters but you prove over and over that you do not even know the most elementary things about this.
I've told him to burn his "books about the Bible" and get a Bible on a number of occasions.

TweetyBird

At this point we are talking about the WHO and not the WHAT.

Until you believe that, there is NO point in going any further about WHAT it is.

Then you are just talking to the air if you can't explain what you think that covenant is.

Just because forgiveness of Israel's sins is part of their covenant does NOT mean that it's the ONLY way that God will forgive sins.

It's the ONLY way that God forgives sins. Without the shed blood of Christ, one is dead in their sins.

His blood ALSO works WITHOUT a covenant for US, the BODY OF CHRIST.

Jesus said His blood is IN the new covenant. There is no forgiveness of sins without a covenant.

Once AGAIN, the blood is NOT LIMITED to Israel's covenant.

Jesus blood is limited to the New Covenant. It's applied exactly the same.

Note how Paul said "by the blood of Christ" and NOT by any covenant.

Eph 2:13 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:13) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

It's the exact same covenant for both Jew and Gentile.

Eph 2
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16 and that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 and came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 for through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father

Get away from the false teachers that are leading you to confusion and believe the Bible.]

I read the Bible. It's very clear that those in Christ are in His New Covenant.

The New Jerusalem is a CITY that comes DOWN from heaven. It is called the BRIDE OF THE LAMB.
So, apparently, you think that the LAMB is going to marry HIMSELF; or marry a covenant.

Paul calls the old covenant, Hagar and the new covenant, The New Jerusalem who is free, and we are her children. We are the heirs of Christ. Do the math.

Gal 4
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. 24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. 25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. 27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband. 28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. 29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. 30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. 31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free. 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Right Divider

Body part
Then you are just talking to the air if you can't explain what you think that covenant is.
Once again, you cannot think a logical thought. You are just plain dumb.

I have shown you REPEATEDLY..... WHO the parties involved in the new covenant are. And yet YOU cannot believe the Bible.

It's the ONLY way that God forgives sins. Without the shed blood of Christ, one is dead in their sins.
You must actually enjoy being WRONG.

The shed blood of Christ on the cross is NOT limited as you claim that it is and the BIBLE shows that; but you refer to remain in your proud ignorance. So be it.

Jesus said His blood is IN the new covenant. There is no forgiveness of sins without a covenant.
NO, He did NOT. That is a FALSE claim that you have made REPEATEDLY.

There is NO SCRIPTURE to support your claim. If there is, SHOW IT.

Jesus blood is limited to the New Covenant. It's applied exactly the same.
FALSE.... AGAIN.

It's the exact same covenant for both Jew and Gentile.

Eph 2
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16 and that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 and came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 for through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father
No covenant mentioned there.

I read the Bible. It's very clear that those in Christ are in His New Covenant.
False again. You are consistently WRONG.

Paul calls the old covenant, Hagar and the new covenant, The New Jerusalem who is free, and we are her children. We are the heirs of Christ. Do the math.

Gal 4
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. 24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. 25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. 27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband. 28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. 29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. 30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. 31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free. 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
You do not understand the point that Paul is making here. That figures.

Interplanner

I have shown you REPEATEDLY..... WHO the parties involved in the new covenant are. And yet YOU cannot believe the Bible.

The shed blood of Christ on the cross is NOT limited as you claim that it is and the BIBLE shows that; but you refer to remain in your proud ignorance. So be it.

FALSE.... AGAIN.

No covenant mentioned there.

False again. You are consistently WRONG.

You do not understand the point that Paul is making here. That figures.

You are getting worse RD, unhinged. Mt 26:28 is the new covenant. Some of the manuscripts have the word 'new' there, too, but it doesn't matter. He ate this again in his resurrected body on earth. (That's what the rest of that meant).

You are overthinking things and don't realize that 2P2P is a fantasy that wants to attach itself to the NT but cannot.

So it is very difficult for you to see the plain meaning.

Right Divider

Body part
You are getting worse RD, unhinged. Mt 26:28 is the new covenant.
No, it is not.
Matt 26:26-29 (AKJV/PCE)
(26:26) ¶ And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed [it], and brake [it], and gave [it] to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. (26:27) And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave [it] to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; (26:28) For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. (26:29) But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Why is it only shed for MANY?

Paul says that it's for ALL!
1Tim 2:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Some of the manuscripts have the word 'new' there, too, but it doesn't matter.
Then WHY do you bring it up?
To show how super smart you are? To show that you don't actually believe that we HAVE the Word of God?

He ate this again in his resurrected body on earth. (That's what the rest of that meant).

You are overthinking things and don't realize that 2P2P is a fantasy that wants to attach itself to the NT but cannot.

So it is very difficult for you to see the plain meaning.
:rotfl:

TweetyBird

Paul was given the mystery of the Gospel - that Gentiles were included.

I am enjoying the fullness of Christ in His New Covenant :wave:

That is correct, the blood of Christ is not limited to forgiveness of sins. It includes all the promises and blessings found in Him/His New Covenant

I already have. I think the problem stems from not understanding the old covenant, and therefore, one can have some misunderstandings. The Old Covenant was the Mosaic Law. The Law written on the hearts is the new covenant law or the Law of Christ. The OC was a shadow of what was to come, and even Gentiles were included in that covenant if they obeyed the Mosaic Law and included themselves in with Israel, even within her borders.

As God broke that covenant, He opened up a new covenant to include the Gentiles. Paul speaks of this in Rom 9, 10, and 11. The promises to Israel were fulfilled in Christ and if one is in Christ, they are in the promise of that New Covenant, per Gal 3.

Other texts to ponder over from the OT:

Isa 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Isa 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Isa 49:22 Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.

Isa 54:3 For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.

Isa 60:16 Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

Isa 61:9 And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.

Isa 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.

Isa 66:12 For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.

Isa 66:19 And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentile

Isa 52:10 The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

Isa 55:5 Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.

Isa 66:20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.

Isa 66:21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

Zec 2:11 And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee.

Jerry Shugart

Isa 55:5 Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.

This prophecy is about Israel and there has never been a time when nations have run to Israel because the Lord has glorified that nation. This is showing that the nation of Israel will be the agency to bring the Gentiles to the knowledge of the Lord.

But the Apostle Paul states in no uncertain terms that it is through Israel's fall that salvation has come to the Gentiles:

"I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?" (Ro.11:11-12).​

Here we can see that the Gentiles are now being brought to the knowledge of the Lord due to Israel's fall.

But according to prophecy when the nation of Israel will be glorified then she will serve as the agent to bring the Gentiles to the knowledge of the Lord. Since that has never happened then the fulfillment of that prophecy remains in the future.

And of course you have no place for its fulfillment in your eschatology so you assert that it has already happened.

What a joke!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Wouldn't he have said 'except Christ' in Jn 21:15?

Lk 24:43.

You really need to read the Bible 10x more than you post here. Yes, it will change your D'ism by implosion. D'ism dangles from so few passages, a little puff against drives its hornets mad.

:rotfl: ...and you think simply eating some sort of food is what He was referring to?

It's you who needs to read more and understand what's being said.

I ran across the argument over thirty years ago with the Stone-Campbell Church of Christ.
They were trying to convince me that whenever believers partook of the wine/juice and the bread that Christ was also partaking of that ordinance with them, thus fulfilling that the Church was the Kingdom.
This is one of the points that through my careful study of scripture convinced me that the Kingdom promised to the nation of Israel was yet to come. Now, with 37 years of study no argument has convinced me otherwise.

Your arguments carry no weight and are a laughing stock to those who rightly divide the Word of Truth on this forum.

The reason that you're obsessed with disproving the dispensational paradigm just might be your subconscious fear that it might be true and your emotions just can't stand it.
Why else would you start thread after thread on the same subject?

beloved57

This prophecy is about Israel and there has never been a time when nations have run to Israel because the Lord has glorified that nation. This is showing that the nation of Israel will be the agency to bring the Gentiles to the knowledge of the Lord.

But the Apostle Paul states in no uncertain terms that it is through Israel's fall that salvation has come to the Gentiles:

"I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?" (Ro.11:11-12).​

Here we can see that the Gentiles are now being brought to the knowledge of the Lord due to Israel's fall.

But according to prophecy when the nation of Israel will be glorified then she will serve as the agent to bring the Gentiles to the knowledge of the Lord. Since that has never happened then the fulfillment of that prophecy remains in the future.

And of course you have no place for its fulfillment in your eschatology so you assert that it has already happened.

What a joke!

The physical nation of Israel,Abrahams descendants according to the flesh, they are not the children of God Rom 9:8 so like any others, they are the children of the devil, and the only promises to them is hell. Ps 9:17

The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Interplanner

The physical nation of Israel,Abrahams descendants according to the flesh, they are not the children of God Rom 9:8 so like any others, they are the children of the devil, and the only promises to them is hell. Ps 9:17

The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

And...most of the first missionaries (the 70 etc) who were launched on Pentecost day were Jewish.

TweetyBird

What a joke!

The glory of Israel is the Lord Jesus Christ. When He came, that nation completed its function - to give birth to the Messiah [salvation is of the Jews]. That is the knowledge that they brought to the Gentiles - Jesus Christ, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the Root and Offspring of Judah. His new nation then became all who are in Him - Jew and Gentile alike - of the Household of Christ, His new covenant nation washed in and sprinkled by His blood.