The Holy Spirit and Salvation !

beloved57

Yes, as the first man Adam was the natural head of all the Elect,
so is Christ, the Last Adam, the Head of His Elect Spiritual Seed.

Amen, and excellent work on this series "Because we are Sons!"

Just to recap:

Yes, indeed!

So, the reason why Christ was made under the law Gal. 4:4-5, was for the purpose of Him being the Kinsman Redeemer
for every one His Brethren Heb. 2:17 who were under the Law. So God sending the Spirit of His Son into our hearts Gal. 4:6
proves that we are His Adopted Sons Eph. 1:5, and the evidence that we belong to Him from Everlasting Eph. 1:4.

Appreciate you for taking me through this excellent study in the scriptures!

~~~~~

Amen!

beloved57

What is this Blessing of Abraham ?

What is this Blessing of Abraham ?

Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Hint, its something stated in this verse that shall happen or come upon the Gentiles through/in Jesus Christ

The Blessing of Abraham is that God through or in Christ, Abraham's Seed Gal 3:16, that the Gentiles might receive upon them, the Promise of the Spirit, for as in Christ they are Abrahams Spiritual Seed.

God gives Abraham a Spiritual Seed, as He did give Him a natural seed, yet this Spiritual Seed is not through being born physically, but being born Spiritually, and by this Birth Spiritually comes the fruit of Faith Gal 5:22 which identifies them as Abraham's Spiritual Seed, thats why we read in Gal 3:7,9

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

We become of Faith because we are Children given to Abraham by the Promise of God.

God Promised Abraham a Seed or that He would multiply him here Gen 17:1-5

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Those who are of Faith are part of the Multiplying God promised to Abraham in Vs 2 !

They are found to be amongst the Gentiles from Vs 4-5 , thats how he becomes a Father of many nations, because God has given him a seed or children from the many nations, and so upon them comes the Blessing of Abraham, which is the Spirit in and through Jesus Christ, which seals them and identifies them as Abraham's Spiritual Children promised by God Himself ! God sware this to Abraham Heb 6:13-14

13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,

14 Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.

This agrees with Gen 17:2

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. and

Gen 22:17-18

17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

This Blessing comes through/in Christ Jesus Abrahams Seed, and its the Blessing of the Spirit !

God would give Abraham a Spiritual seed, not born by natural birth, but by a Spiritual birth, which is what Isaacs birth typified by his supernatural birth, opposed to what ishmaels birth typified by his birth by the flesh, one after the Spirit and promise, and one after the flesh and human effort Gal 4:29

29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

And all True Believers, whether jew or Gentile are born after the typical Isaac, the Child of Promise Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren[believers in Christ], as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

And have receive the Spirit of Promise through Jesus Christ Gal 3:14

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith or according to the Faith.

beloved57

The New Birth foreordained from the beginning !

The New Birth foreordained from the beginning !

Another reason why Jesus said to nicodemus " Ye must be born again " as Per Jn 3:6-7

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

For it is by this means man can be confirmed into that Image of Christ, as being confirmed to being originally made or created in the Image of God from the beginning here Gen 1:26

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

The True Image and Likeness of God lied not in our natural creation in Adam from the dust of the ground, but in our election in Christ, who is the Image and Likeness of God with Heavenly Glory Heb 1:2-3

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

That word image the greek word charaktér:

an impression, representation, exact reproduction; a graving-tool.

properly, an engraving; (figuratively) an exact impression (likeness) which also reflects inner character.

So mans being made at the first in the Image and Likeness of God in Adam, had to be confirmed by being conformed to the Image of Christ , Gods Son Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

The same Son as in Heb 1:2-3

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Now understand, its the Spirits New Creation of us that experimentally conforms us to the Image of Gods Son, the Lord Jesus Christ as Per 2 Cor 3:18

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

You see that ? The fulfillment of being made in the Image and Likeness of God from Gen 1:26, lies in a work of the Spirit, its confirmed upon us by the Spirit of the Lord !

This was a preordained Glory 1 Cor 2:7

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

The Father Purposed Our Glory in the Image and Likeness of God, the Son provided the Necessary satisfaction to the Law and Justice of Gods Holy Law we sinned against originally in Adam, and the Spirit, out of the ruins of the Fall makes us again by New Birth and changes us into the Image of Christ, the Lord of Glory !

When it says in Gen 1:26 " Let us make Man in Our Image and Likeness" the Spirit was speaking as well, and He fulfills His Part in making Us New Creatures in Christ, He Himself performs a Creation Act 2 Cor 5:17

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Eph 2:10

For we are his workmanship, created[by the Spirit] in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Eph 4:24

And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created[by the Spirit] in righteousness and true holiness.

Col 3:10

And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created[by the Spirit] him:

It was written once in the Book of Job ,Job 33:4

The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty has given me life.

John Gill comments on this verse is noteworthy

The Spirit of God hath made me,.... As a man; so every man is made by God, and not by himself; Father, Son, and Spirit, are his Makers or Creators, as we read of them in the plural number, Psalm 149:2; and this is a proof of the deity of the Spirit, who was not only concerned in the creation of all things, garnishing the heavens, and moving upon the face of the waters on the earth; but in the formation of man:
and the breath of the mighty hath given me life; the same with the Spirit of God, the allusion is to the creation of man at first, when God breathed into him the breath of life, and he became a living soul: life natural is from God, he is the God of our life, he gives all the mercies of life, and by him is this life preserved; and the whole is the effect of almighty power: now this is observed by Elihu to Job, to encourage him to attend to him without fear, since he was a man, a creature of God, as he was: it may be understood of his spiritual formation, the Spirit of God remakes men, or makes them new men, new creatures; this is done in regeneration, which is the work of the Holy Spirit; hence regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost, are put together; and being a work of almighty power, is proof of the deity of the Spirit of God; it is he that quickens men when dead in trespasses and sins, and makes them alive to God; which appears by their spiritual breathings after divine things, and by the exercise of their spiritual senses, and by their performance of spiritual actions; and now Elihu, being a man regenerated and quickened by the Spirit, might more justly claim the attention of Job, since what he should say was what he had heard, felt, and seen, as good man, one that had an experience of divine and spiritual things.

This also may more than suggest that men in OT times, knew of the Birth of the Spirit !

So, in order for man to live up to what he was in the beginning at Creation according to the Purpose of the Triune God, Made in the Image and Likeness of God, he must be in due time be born of the Spirit !

beloved57

Spirit given that we may know things freely given us !

Spirit given that we may know things freely given us !

1 Cor 2:12

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

This is the same as the Spirit of Adoption Gal 4:5-6

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Its upon receiving the Spirit of God into our hearts are we equipped to know the things that are freely given to us of God as Per 1 Cor 2:12 !

That word know in 1 Cor 2:12 is the greek word eidó and means:

I know, remember, appreciate

properly, to see with physical eyes (cf. Ro 1:11), as it naturally bridges to the metaphorical sense: perceiving ("mentally seeing"). This is akin to the expressions: "I see what You mean"; "I see what you are saying."

("seeing that becomes knowing") then is a gateway to grasp spiritual truth (reality) from a physical plane. 1492 (eídō) then is physical seeing (sight) which should be the constant bridge to mental and spiritual seeing (comprehension).

We are given the Spirit in order to spiritually comprehend or see the things freely given us of God !

The things freely given us, namely by the Grace of God through the Lord Jesus Christ. The words freely given are the words in the original
charizomai and means:

(a) I show favor to, (b) I pardon, forgive, (c) I show kindness.

xarízomai (from 5485 /xáris, "grace, extending favor") – properly, to extend favor ("grace"), freely give favor to grant forgiveness (pardon).

("favor that cancels") is used of God giving His grace to pardon. This is freely done and therefore not based on any merit of the one receiving forgiveness.

Now this favor, forgiveness, we are given by God when He gave up Christ for us to die for us, Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Paul indicates here, all whom God gave Christ to be delivered up for, along with that, He shall freely give us all things. The words freely give are the same as in 1 Cor 2:12

/xarízomai ("favor that cancels") is used of God giving His grace to pardon. This is freely done and therefore not based on any merit of the one receiving forgiveness.

So when God delivered up Christ for us, it automatically equates to Him giving us freely, the forgiveness of sins, which is also Justification. Remember Paul had written back in Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered[same word deliver in Rom 8:32 for our offences, and was raised again for our justification

He was raised again because of our Justification which means:

The word Justification dikaiósis means:

acquittal, justifying, justification, a process of absolution.

These terms relate to forgiveness and pardon ! And so Rom 4:25 proves Rom 8:32,

And its these things, why we are given the Spirit of God to know of, appreciate, comprehend of !

beloved57

Spirit given that we may know things freely given us ! 2

Spirit given that we may know things freely given us ! 2

Now since the Holy Spirit is given so that we may know the things freely given to us of God, such things as Forgiveness of sins, Acquittal, Justification from sin, then it serves to reason that when God sends Gospel Preachers to Preach to us the forgiveness of sins as here Acts 13:38

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

Then those ones have been given the Spirit of God so that they can appreciate, and comprehend that which is being preached to them !

The word Preached here kataggelló means:

I declare openly, proclaim, preach, laud, celebrate.

to announce, declare, promulgate, make known; to proclaim publicly, publish

The Gospel makes known to them the forgiveness of sins ! The Spirit applies the Truth to their hearts to comfort them, thats why He is also called the comforter See Jn 14:16,26;15:26;16:7 and what is the promise to those mourn their sins Matt 5:4

4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

So the Preaching of forgiveness of sins is to those who have been given the comforter, which is the Spirit of God !

Nanja

1 Cor 2:12

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

This is the same as the Spirit of Adoption Gal 4:5-6

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Its upon receiving the Spirit of God into our hearts are we equipped to know the things that are freely given to us of God as Per 1 Cor 2:12 !

Now since the Holy Spirit is given so that we may know the things freely given to us of God, such things as Forgiveness of sins, Acquittal, Justification from sin, then it serves to reason that when God sends Gospel Preachers to Preach to us the forgiveness of sins as here Acts 13:38

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

Then those ones have been given the Spirit of God so that they can appreciate, and comprehend that which is being preached to them !

The word Preached here kataggelló means:

I declare openly, proclaim, preach, laud, celebrate.

to announce, declare, promulgate, make known; to proclaim publicly, publish

The Gospel makes known to them the forgiveness of sins ! The Spirit applies the Truth to their hearts to comfort them, thats why He is also called the comforter See Jn 14:16,26;15:26;16:7 and what is the promise to those mourn their sins Matt 5:4

4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

So the Preaching of forgiveness of sins is to those who have been given the comforter, which is the Spirit of God !

Amen to this edifying 2-part study!

Because forgiveness of sins is founded upon Election, being Chosen in Christ Eph. 1:4-7,
we receive the Spirit of Adoption Rom. 8:15, the Spirit of Christ the Son Gal. 4:6 into our hearts.
Our continual, involuntary calling on Father is the evidence that we are His Sons!
And scripture bears witness that forgiveness of sins is exclusive to the Election of Grace Eph. 1:7.

So the Spirit's Presence in us reveals to us experimentally, through the Preaching of the Gospel,
that we are the Sons of God, and thus have been totally exonerated of all sin.

The teachings in your threads, combined with the thoughts from your heart,
have been a great help to me, My Brother. I Thank God for you!

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned

Because forgiveness of sins is founded upon Election, being Chosen in Christ Eph. 1:4-7,
we receive the Spirit of Adoption Rom. 8:15, the Spirit of Christ the Son Gal. 4:6 into our hearts.
Our continual, involuntary calling on Father is the evidence that we are His Sons!
And scripture bears witness that forgiveness of sins is exclusive to the Election of Grace Eph. 1:7.

So the Spirit's Presence in us reveals to us experimentally, through the Preaching of the Gospel,

~~~~~

God chose all of humanity in his Son Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

What makes you think that God chose you? Are you some special precious thing?

beloved57

~~~~~
Praise God!

beloved57

After the Spirit is given us we Look in Faith to Christ !

After the Spirit is given us we Look in Faith to Christ !

After the Spirit is given us we Look in Faith to Christ ! This Truth which I will prove from scripture makes it without question that Spiritual Birth precedes Faith in the Crucified One !

Zech 12:10

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Now if we notice, following the pouring upon certain ones, the Spirit of Grace , which is the Holy Spirit, called so also in the NT here Heb 10:29

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Following that , as a result of that, they shall LOOK upon Him whom they have pierced !

Now this LOOK is a Look of Faith, it is the Seeing of the Son Jesus mentions here Jn 6:40

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Its the Seeing that precedes the believing on the Son ! Here how we know ! The word Look in Zech 12:10 is the heb word nabat and means:

beheld (1), behold (1), beholds (2), consider (2), depend (1), depended (1), gaze (1), gazed (1), look (34), look down (2), looked (11), looks (4), observe (1), observed (1), pay attention (1), regard (2), see (3).

Now in comparison, the Word See in Jn 6:40 is the greek word theóreó and means:

I behold, look at, experience
Definition: I look at, gaze, behold; I see, experience, discern; I partake of.

to view attentively, take a view of, survey: τί, Matthew 28:1; to view mentally, consider

So clearly its describing the same action, the Looking is the Seeing which leads to believing on the Son,

However, we are blessed enough to understand that the Seeing is the direct result of the Outpouring of the Spirit of Grace upon the ones looking and seeing !

Also that word pour in Zech 12:10 is the same word used for the pouring of the Spirit here Titus 3:5-6

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Thats Right, Paul here is speaking about the same thing happening in Zech 12:10 regarding the Spirit being shed or poured on them !

And this is what is needed before Faith in Christ is a reality or something we can do !

Nanja

After the Spirit is given us we Look in Faith to Christ ! This Truth which I will prove from scripture makes it without question that Spiritual Birth precedes Faith in the Crucified One !

Zech 12:10

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Now if we notice, following the pouring upon certain ones, the Spirit of Grace , which is the Holy Spirit, called so also in the NT here Heb 10:29

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Following that , as a result of that, they shall LOOK upon Him whom they have pierced !

Now this LOOK is a Look of Faith, it is the Seeing of the Son Jesus mentions here Jn 6:40

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Its the Seeing that precedes the believing on the Son ! Here how we know ! The word Look in Zech 12:10 is the heb word nabat and means:

beheld (1), behold (1), beholds (2), consider (2), depend (1), depended (1), gaze (1), gazed (1), look (34), look down (2), looked (11), looks (4), observe (1), observed (1), pay attention (1), regard (2), see (3).

Now in comparison, the Word See in Jn 6:40 is the greek word theóreó and means:

I behold, look at, experience
Definition: I look at, gaze, behold; I see, experience, discern; I partake of.

to view attentively, take a view of, survey: τί, Matthew 28:1; to view mentally, consider

So clearly its describing the same action, the Looking is the Seeing which leads to believing on the Son,

However, we are blessed enough to understand that the Seeing is the direct result of the Outpouring of the Spirit of Grace upon the ones looking and seeing !

Also that word pour in Zech 12:10 is the same word used for the pouring of the Spirit here Titus 3:5-6

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Thats Right, Paul here is speaking about the same thing happening in Zech 12:10 regarding the Spirit being shed or poured on them !

And this is what is needed before Faith in Christ is a reality or something we can do !

Amen!

Believing / having Faith in the work of Christ on ones behalf,
is the evidence that the Spirit of Grace Zech. 12:10 was poured on them first:
First they were saved, then Faith, the fruit of the Spirit Gal.5:22, is given them to believe on Christ.
The same ones are the Election of Grace chosen in Christ before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.
Consequently, they shall believe on Him through Grace Acts 18:27.

Before we can do anything of a spiritual nature, such as believing in Him
for Salvation, the qualifier is that we must first be abiding in the Vine.

John 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him,
the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

The Elect always had Life in Christ Eph. 1:4; John 1:4 even before they ever come to believe on Him.

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen!

Believing / having Faith in the work of Christ on ones behalf,
is the evidence that the Spirit of Grace Zech. 12:10 was poured on them first:
First they were saved, then Faith, the fruit of the Spirit Gal.5:22, is given them to believe on Christ.
The same ones are the Election of Grace chosen in Christ before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.
Consequently, they shall believe on Him through Grace Acts 18:27.

Before we can do anything of a spiritual nature, such as believing in Him
for Salvation, the qualifier is that we must first be abiding in the Vine.

John 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him,
the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

The Elect always had Life in Christ Eph. 1:4; John 1:4 even before they ever come to believe on Him.

~~~~~
Amen and that scripture Acts 18:27 believe through Grace, I take to mean "the Spirit of Grace " Zech12:10 !

beloved57

The sealing by the Spirit after belief of the Gospel !

The sealing by the Spirit after belief of the Gospel !

You want to know why a True Believer cannot depart from the Faith as here 1 Tim 4:1 and Lk 8:13 , its because when they hear and believe the Gospel of their Salvation, God the Holy Spirit seals them until the day of redemption Eph 1:13-14

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Eph 4:30

And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

This sealing ensures our perseverance in the Faith of the Gospel, in fact its that anointing John writes of here 1 Jn 2:27

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

And notice the promise given to the Spirit taught believer, Ye SHALL abide in Him ! That means the believer shall remain in the teachings of the Spirit, and in another place John writes Jn 14:27

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

So no falling away from the Truth of the Gospel Faith is even possible for the Holy Spirit sealed believer. The true believer can never be of those spoken of here Heb 10:38-39

Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

See thats what departing from the faith is 1 Tim 4:1

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

The words depart from, the greek aphistēmi means:

F.to withdraw one's self from, to fall away

B.to desert, withdraw from one

C.to fall away, become faithless

Now the sealed believer cannot become faithless anymore, like they were before belief in the Gospel !

For that to happen, the Seal of the Spirit of God would have to be defeated, overcome or broken ! And to think that is possible is Blasphemous to the Spirit of God !

beloved57

The Spirit draws to Christ !

The Spirit draws to Christ !

Jn 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jn 12:32

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Now whether it be the Father drawing one to Christ so they come, or the Son drawing to Himself, so they come, either or, The Spirit is working in behalf of Both to accomplish their Saving Purpose. Christ says this of the Spirits sending Jn 14:26

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Again Jn 15:26

But when the Comforter[The Holy Spirit] is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Jesus said He will send the Spirit from the Father to the Church , the Body of Christ !

Jn 16:7

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And by the Spirit Jesus sends Life, when He send the Spirit He gives Life to a dead member of His Body, and so the Spirit quickens [gives life] in behalf of both the Father and the Son to the Church members Jn 6:63

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The Spirit quickening us gives new and Spiritual Life, which propels motion towards Christ, a motion we dont have without Spiritual Life, all activity and motion such as coming is, takes life ! How can one come to Christ without Life ? Life from the Spirit impels us with motion toward Christ ! Thats the drawing of both the Father and the Son as well !

beloved57

The Holy Spirit gives Life to dead sinners for Christ's sake !

The Holy Spirit must and does give life [spiritual] to all for whom Christ died, and hath put away their sins, for He was manifested to take away their sins 1 Jn 3:5

And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Christ's death for them He died, took away their sins, and hence abolished death 2 Tim 1:10

But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Now where sin has been put away, and death abolished, Life must be given in a way of Justice, hence all for whom Christ died, to them He becomes a quickening Spirit or a Life giving Spirit 1 Cor 15: 45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit or a Life giving Spirit [ A Savior from spiritual death]

The amp bible gives the right idea :

So it is written [in Scripture], “The first man, Adam, became a living soul (an individual);” the last Adam (Christ) became a life-giving spirit [restoring the dead to life].

This is done by the Person and Work of the Holy Spirit, and so Jesus says Jn 6:63

It is the spirit that quickeneth[gives life]; the flesh profiteth nothing: thewords that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

It is the Spirit Who gives life [He is the Life-giver]; the flesh conveys no benefit whatever [there is no profit in it]. The words (truths) that I have been speaking to you are spirit and life. AMPC

The Spirit works in behalf of Christ and gives spiritual life to dead sinners for whom Christ hath put away their sins and abolished death for !
It is the Spirit Who gives life [He is the Life-giver]; the flesh conveys no benefit whatever [there is no profit in it]. The words (truths) that I have been speaking to you are spirit and life.

beloved57

He convicts them [Christ died for] of sin, the sin of unbelief !

Many in false religion say that Christ has died for people, for their sins, but yet those same ones can die in their sins in unbelief Jn 8:24

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

They would tell us that Jesus here is speaking of those He died for.

Folks that is one of the biggest lies ever told by the depraved mind of men, nowhere does it state in scripture that those Christ died for may wind up in hell for their sins in unbelief. In fact the first and foremost sin that a would be believer is convinced of by the Holy Spirit of God, is that sin of unbelief Jn 16:8-9

8 And when he[The Holy Spirit] is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they believe not on me;

If one Jesus died for believes not on Him, as it is stated in Jn 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

such a one for whom Christ died, His Sheep, would be reproved for that sin by the Spirit of God, the sin of not believing on Him. So sinners Christ died for shall be by the power of the Holy Spirit convinced of their sin of unbelief.