The Holy Spirit and Salvation !

marke

The Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost is God, part of the Blessed Trinity or Godhead of God, the One God. Heres a quote denoting the personality of the Holy Spirit functioning as God from the Book of Acts 13:1-5
Certain sects of poor Bible students wrongly imagine that God must first give the Holy Spirit to sinners before they can hear and understand God. That is not what the Bible teaches.

Peter told a crowd of sinners that if they would repent and believe the gospel then they would receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

God also told us that sinners who reject what God has clearly revealed unto them will be condemned without excuse, clearly showing that unsaved sinners can hear and understand God.

Romans 1:19-21

King James Version

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.​

Nanja

The Holy Spirit reveals Salvation to Gods Elect !

Jesus indicates as much here Jn 16:13-15

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

This isnt just a promise to Christ's disciples, but to His Church, His Body He was about to give Himself for Eph 5:25-26,

The Spirit is given to all the redeemed in order that they may come to know the things freely given to them as Gifts of Redemption so Paul writes 1 Cor 2:7-12

7 But we speak the wisdom of God [The Gospel of Christ 1 Cor 1:24] in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

The Spirit is given to the redeemed one in order to give them a experimental knowledge of Salvation, things freely given them of God, which things accompany the giving of Christ for them as Per Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

And so the Spirit is given along with Christ in order to show, reveal to the hearts and minds, conscience of the redeemed those things freely given to them with Christ !

One such thing freely given is forgiveness , pardon. The greek word for freely given in 1 Cor 2:12 is charizomai and primarily means :

properly, to extend favor ("grace"), freely give favor to grant forgiveness (pardon).

xarízomai
("favor that cancels") is used of God giving His grace to pardon. This is freely done and therefore not based on any merit of the one receiving forgiveness.
[5483 (xarízomai) literally means, "to exercise grace, freely show favor," i.e. willingly ("graciously") bestow.]

All for whom Christ was given, God graciously bestows upon them in His court of Law and Justice forgiveness of sins according to the richs of His Grace Eph 1:7

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Now this be one of things the Spirit is given for, to make their forgiveness known unto them !
Amen for sure Brother !

marke

Excellent !
Calvinist: "God has no desire to save those He specifically created for the purpose of burning in hell to showcase His glory to elicit praise and adoration from the no-counts He decided to save so they would dutifully glorify Him as He burned their lost relatives alive."

Calvinist cult member: "Yes! Praise God for that excellent summation! I will love and adore you my beloved brother forever for saying things like that!"

beloved57

The Work of the Holy Spirit gives Spiritual Life to the redeemed elect vessel of mercy, which life then enables that person to respond positively to the Gospel Call 2 Thess 2:13-14

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel
, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

So the Holy Spirit prepares a person for the reception of the Gospel call Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

The life the Spirit gives enables the sinner to hear the message of Truth spiritually, and spiritually appraise it !

beloved57

It is the Holy Spirit in His Role of Salvation in the God Head, to apply the Redemption Christ provided in His role of Salvation, hence Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works

Followed by the Spirits application work Titus 3:5-6

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Christs redemptive work will always be followed by the Spirits regenerating work of renewal. !

Hoping

Banned
It is the Holy Spirit in His Role of Salvation in the God Head, to apply the Redemption Christ provided in His role of Salvation, hence Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Christs redemptive work will always be followed by the Spirits regenerating work of renewal. !
My purification and regeneration happened simultaneously.
I was purified, and raised with Christ to walk in newness of life at my water baptism into Christ and into His death and burial.
"Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin." (Rom 6:4-7)

beloved57

My purification and regeneration happened simultaneously.
I was purified, and raised with Christ to walk in newness of life at my water baptism into Christ and into His death and burial.
"Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin." (Rom 6:4-7)
post 206ndid you understand what I posted about the role of the Holy Spirit in Redemption ?

Hoping

Banned
post 206ndid you understand what I posted about the role of the Holy Spirit in Redemption ?
Sure did, thanks.
You drew a time line like the cop shows on TV do, in order to show the second-by-second actions of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
Frankly speaking, it could be parsed in micro-seconds.
For me and mine, it all happened in a single "moment".

beloved57

Sure did, thanks.
You drew a time line like the cop shows on TV do, in order to show the second-by-second actions of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
Frankly speaking, it could be parsed in micro-seconds.
For me and mine, it all happened in a single "moment".
So please explain briefly what its saying ?

Hoping

Banned
So please explain briefly what its saying ?
OK...Christ died for our sins 2000 years ago, and everyone that submits to God thereafter will be regenerated by their "immersion" into that death.
Thanks be to God, who is a Spirit.

marke

You preach that God is hate and even those He shows mercy on are only loved because God chooses to show them love for no given reason against His normal nature of hate. God is not hate, He is love.

1 John 4:8
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

beloved57

You preach that God is hate and even those He shows mercy on are only loved because God chooses to show them love for no given reason against His normal nature of hate. God is not hate, He is love.

1 John 4:8
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
Huh ? You obviously didnt pay attention to one single word I posted which you quoted.