The Holy Spirit and Salvation !

heir

TOL Subscriber
See you at the Judgment !

I'll be at the judgment seat of Christ (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:10 KJV) where all who have trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV) will be.

heir

TOL Subscriber
So in essence, those who claim to have believed the Gospel by their own freewill, are saying they saved themselves apart from the work of Christ !

Thats salvation by the work of man !

To trust the Lord believing the gospel of Christ is to receive the love of the truth; Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

Believing is not a work!

Romans 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

"to him that worketh not, but believeth on him..." proves belief is not a work

Put down the tulip.

beloved57

To trust the Lord believing the gospel of Christ is to receive the love of the truth; Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

Believing is not a work!

Romans 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

"to him that worketh not, but believeth on him..." proves belief is not a work

Put down the tulip.

You don't even believe the Gospel , you are a unbeliever !

Nanja

Rom 8:10,9

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

The Spirit, which is also Christ's Spirit, or the Spirit of Christ Vs 9 it is given to all for whom Christ died because of Righteousness. His Death for them established them as Righteous Rom 5:19 and where Righteousness is, Life is demanded !

Christ's death for their sins erased for them the penalty of sin, which death in all of its phases is the wages of Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

But now that Christ satisfied for them that death wage, a reversal is due unto them, which means death is abolished and Life must be granted, because of Righteousness. When we read that Christ rose from the dead after having died for the sins of God's People, it states that He rose because of their Justification Rom 4:25

Who was delivered for[because of] our offences, and was raised again for[because of] our justification.

That word Justification, the greek word dikaiósis means:

acquittal, justifying, justification, a process of absolution.

There has for them been a discharge of the debt of death owed because of sin, a absolution means:

act of absolving; a freeing from blame or guilt; release from consequences, obligations, or penalties.

Justification also means:

the act of God's declaring men free from guilt and acceptable to him; adjudging to be righteous,

acquittal, which brings with it the bestowment of life,

Hence we read also in Rom 5:18

Therefore as by the offense of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

The Life here is Resurrection and Spiritual Life, that releases the Justified ones by Christ's Death, releases them from Spiritual Death by giving them Life by the Spirit of their resurrected Head communicated to them, because of His Righteousness now being charged to their account !

So to them, The Spirit is Life [it bestows it] because of Righteousness !

Amen!

Having been given the Spirit of Christ is the evidence of having the Righteousness of Christ.
The same are the Sheep Christ gave His Life for John 10:11; the ones given to Him of the Father John 10:29;
chosen in Him, and predestinated to the adoption of His Sons Eph. 1:4-5.

Only His Sons are made righteous Rom. 5:19 because they have been exonerated and totally absolved
from all sin by Christ's Death for them Eph. 1:6-7.

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen!

Having been given the Spirit of Christ is the evidence of having the Righteousness of Christ.
The same are the Sheep Christ gave His Life for John 10:11; the ones given to Him of the Father John 10:29;
chosen in Him, and predestinated to the adoption of His Sons Eph. 1:4-5.

Only His Sons are made righteous Rom. 5:19 because they have been exonerated and totally absolved
from all sin by Christ's Death for them Eph. 1:6-7.

~~~~~

Correct Christ death for His Sheep abolished death for them and earn them life from the penalty of death, that's why we read for all whom He died this Ephesians 2:5-6 ! :)

beloved57

Holy Spirit convicted sinners !

Holy Spirit convicted sinners !

Jn 16:8-10

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

The sinners that Christ came to seek and to save, to call to repentance are not merely sinners by nature, of which all men are, but sinners by Holy Spirit reproving, conviction !

There is a world of men to whom Christ is a Saviour to, and everyone of them shall be convinced of their need of Him by Holy Spirit conviction, and not a natural legal conviction wrought by conscience, but a Spirit wrought conviction, and hence these are the ones Jesus calls to repentance Matt 9:13

13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

In fact, thats what happened on the day of pentecost in abundance , when a large number had been convicted of sin by the Spirit, then by the preaching of the Gospel by the Apostles, they were called to repentance Acts 2:37-38

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

See what sinners were called to repentance here ? Those type of sinners were called to repentance, Holy Spirit wrought conviction, look at Vs 39

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

This shows that those in Vs 37-38 had been called, and many shall yet be called because of Holy Spirit conviction wrought in them. CP the word called in Acts 2:39 and Matt 9:13 its the same word !

The only difference is the word in Acts 2:39 has the prep pros attached which means towards, as many as God shall call towards Himself ! All sinners are not Holy Spirit filled sinners !

beloved57

2 Thess 2:13 before belief of the Truth !

2 Thess 2:13 before belief of the Truth !

2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Folks before belief of the Truth, which in and of itself is a type of salvation, in that we are by it saved from unbelief and false gospels and lies of men inspired by satan 2 Cor 11:4,13-15 and doctrines of devils 1 Tim 4:1,16 ; 2 Tim 2:25-26 ; so yes before belief of the Truth, which is also Faith, for the greek word belief here in 2 Thess 2:13 is the same greek word noun for Faith pistis, hence before anyone can receive the Truth in Faith, it must be through application of the Spirits Sanctifying Work accompanying it, effecting it, and it is that which gives belief of the Truth.

Thats why there are multitudes upon multitudes in the churches and religions today who really dont believe the Truth or believe it without compromise with heart conviction, its simply because they were never sanctified of the Spirit, like the ones who receive it [The Truth] in good ground Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

That good ground is hollowed by the Spirit of God, sanctified by Him and made prepared for the reception of the Truth !

beloved57

2 Thess 2:13 before belief of the Truth ! 2

2 Thess 2:13 before belief of the Truth ! 2

This Sanctifying Work of the Spirit unto the belief of the Truth is imperative because the Truth is a Sanctified Truth, or else how could Jesus pray this stated request to His Father for His followers Jn 17:17

17 Sanctify[imperative] them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

And this applies to all that shall believe which are the Sheep Jn 17:19-20

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

So if the Truth itself is Sanctified, and does Sanctify, the Vessels receiving it must also be Sanctified in the Minds and Hearts, hence Sanctified persons are only fit vessels to receive Sanctified Truth, and from that point on grow in Sanctification in the Knowledge and belief of the Truth 2 Pet 3:18; 1:4-8

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Because the Spirit which sanctified them in the first place, shall abide , dwell in them.

Thats why John writes in 1 Jn 2:27

27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

And if anyone denies the need of this Sanctifying work of the Spirit, which is none other than the New Birth, before believing the Truth, they are liars, and this very scripture 2 Thess 2:13 stands as a Testimony against them, and let it be known, that their denial is now moreso against the Holy Spirit and the need of His Work effectually before we can believe the Truth !

beloved57

2 Thess 2:13 before belief of the Truth ! 3

2 Thess 2:13 before belief of the Truth ! 3

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

This verse also means that God has Chosen some to experience these Two things:

#1 Sanctification of the Spirit or New Birth ;

#2 Belief of the Truth,

Also the belief of the Truth is part of the Sanctifying process God the Spirit begins in us [Phil 1:6] in answer to Jesus prayer Jn 17:17-20, its a ongoing progressive work.

The writer of Hebrews writes Heb 10:14 and the word sanctified here opposed to in Vs 10 where its a perfect tense [once and all completed] yet here in Vs 14 its in the present tense " those being sanctified" which denotes continual action ongoing, thats because they will continually being Sanctified by the Truth, as they grow in Grace and Knowledge of it, and acknowledging of the Truth Titus 1:1; 2 Tim 2:25, hence all for whom Christ died, shall be granted repentance to the acknowledging of the Truth, For repentance toward God is not complete if it does not result in belief and or acknowledgment of the Truth, if not, it simply was not repentance granted by God !

beloved57

Granting Faith and Repentance are the same thing !

Granting Faith and Repentance are the same thing !

I put this under " The Holy Spirit and Salvation " because it is the Spirits work through Christ, because of His Saving Merit of His Blood, that works in all for whom He died both Faith and Repentance !

Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

2 Tim 2:25

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

All three of these scriptures use the same giving verb didōmi ! I believe this is the result of God giving each person Christ died for the Spirit Rom 5:5

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given/didōmi unto us.

Now why is it that both Faith and Repentance are the same thing ? In other words none of the above texts about giving repentance cannot be divorced from God with giving repentance giving with it an Acknowledgment of the Truth, which in essence is giving them a Knowledge of their Salvation Lk 1:77

77 To give/didōmi knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

So in other words, repentance being granted or given is accompanied by belief in the truth of your Salvation, which cannot be divorced, once we acknowledge the Truth, our hearts / minds have stop opposing it and showing enmity towards it ! Thats why repentance is a change of mind towards the Truth !

Nanja

I put this under " The Holy Spirit and Salvation " because it is the Spirits work through Christ, because of His Saving Merit of His Blood, that works in all for whom He died both Faith and Repentance !

Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

2 Tim 2:25

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

All three of these scriptures use the same giving verb didōmi ! I believe this is the result of God giving each person Christ died for the Spirit Rom 5:5

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given/didōmi unto us.

Now why is it that both Faith and Repentance are the same thing ? In other words none of the above texts about giving repentance cannot be divorced from God with giving repentance giving with it an Acknowledgment of the Truth, which in essence is giving them a Knowledge of their Salvation Lk 1:77

77 To give/didōmi knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

So in other words, repentance being granted or given is accompanied by belief in the truth of your Salvation, which cannot be divorced, once we acknowledge the Truth, our hearts / minds have stop opposing it and showing enmity towards it ! Thats why repentance is a change of mind towards the Truth !

Thoroughly edified in reading and studying this thread! ☺

Even though these scriptures clearly show that Faith and Repentance
are granted / given in the New Birth to the ones Christ died for,
yet there are many who erroneously maintain that these are works / actions
that the natural man must "do" Eph. 2:8-9 before they can become saved.
But God-Given Faith and Repentance are the evidence of True Salvation.

~~~~~

beloved57

Thoroughly edified in reading and studying this thread! ☺

Even though these scriptures clearly show that Faith and Repentance
are granted / given in the New Birth to the ones Christ died for,
yet there are many who erroneously maintain that these are works / actions
that the natural man must "do"
Eph. 2:8-9 before they can become saved.
But God-Given Faith and Repentance are the evidence of True Salvation.

~~~~~

Yes they wickedly turn Gifts that accompany Salvation into conditions that men must meet prior to Salvation in order to get Salvation !

beloved57

Salvation by the Spirits Sanctifying work also !

Salvation by the Spirits Sanctifying work also !

As the Beloved of the Lord, and the fact that the Lord God is Triune, subsisting always as the Father, the Word/Son, and Holy Spirit, then it is also True that they are peculiarly Beloved by God the Spirit in the Purpose of Redemption, and His Great Love for them motivates His Sanctification of them, setting them apart for the service of the Lord. The word sanctification in our above text is hagiasmos:

I.consecration, purification

II.the effect of consecration

A.sanctification of heart and life

the process of making or becoming holy, set apart, sanctification, holiness, consecration.

(the process of advancing in holiness); use of the believer being progressively transformed by the Lord into His likeness (similarity of nature).

All the beloved of the Lord shall undergo thius process 2 Cor 3:18

18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

The Spirit begins this and completes it in us Phil 1:6

Being confident,persuaded of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Again, Paul mentions the Love of the Spirit Rom 15:30

30 Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

The Spirit also sanctifies all whom the Son sanctified Himself for in answer to this prayer to the Father Jn 17:17-20

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Thats in fact why He is sent by both the Father and Son, the Father sends Him in the Name of the Son Jn 14:26

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jn 15:26

26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

The Apostles here are Representative of the Church, the Body of Christ, the Beloved of the Lord !

Nanja

As the Beloved of the Lord, and the fact that the Lord God is Triune, subsisting always as the Father, the Word/Son, and Holy Spirit, then it is also True that they are peculiarly Beloved by God the Spirit in the Purpose of Redemption, and His Great Love for them motivates His Sanctification of them, setting them apart for the service of the Lord. The word sanctification in our above text is hagiasmos:

I.consecration, purification

II.the effect of consecration

A.sanctification of heart and life

the process of making or becoming holy, set apart, sanctification, holiness, consecration.

(the process of advancing in holiness); use of the believer being progressively transformed by the Lord into His likeness (similarity of nature).

All the beloved of the Lord shall undergo thius process 2 Cor 3:18

18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

The Spirit begins this and completes it in us Phil 1:6

Being confident,persuaded of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Again, Paul mentions the Love of the Spirit Rom 15:30

30 Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

The Spirit also sanctifies all whom the Son sanctified Himself for in answer to this prayer to the Father Jn 17:17-20

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

Thats in fact why He is sent by both the Father and Son, the Father sends Him in the Name of the Son Jn 14:26

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jn 15:26

26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

The Apostles here are Representative of the Church, the Body of Christ, the Beloved of the Lord !

Brother, we know of The Spirit's precious Sanctifying Work in God's Beloved Sons,
whom He loves so much! He cause them to grow in Grace and knowledge of the Truth 2 Pet. 3:18,
and He is a promised blessing for all of the Chosen Seed Gal. 4:6!

~~~~~

beloved57

Brother, we know of The Spirit's precious Sanctifying Work in God's Beloved Sons,
whom He loves so much! He cause them to grow in Grace and knowledge of the Truth 2 Pet. 3:18,
and He is a promised blessing for all of the Chosen Seed Gal. 4:6!

~~~~~

Amen, also I believe it is God the Spirit who quickened us for His Great Love Ephesians 2:4 -5 remember Jesus said who does the quickening John 6:63 !

Nanja

Amen, also I believe it is God the Spirit who quickened us for His Great Love Ephesians 2:4 -5 remember Jesus said who does the quickening John 6:63 !

Yes, true indeed! The Spirit's Great Love for us made us Spiritually Alive unto God! John 3:6; Rom. 6:11

~~~~~