The Holy Spirit and Salvation !

beloved57

Jn 16:7

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

The word expedient also conveys the meaning of [appropriate for a purpose]. The Lord Jesus Christ is giving His disciples [The Church] to know the importance of the need of the comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, to come and to assist in their commission of evangelism, not only would He aid them, but He is needed for the gathering in of the rest of the Church, the people Christ died for.

The Holy Spirit was responsible to apply the saving benefits to all Christ died for, the Church, His Body. He came to regenerate all of God's elect as it was according to The Everlasting Covenant of which Christ is the Surety.

Isa 59:21

As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.

The coming of the Spirit to regenerate is a covenant promise [Ezk 36:26-27] and blood purchased, He works by means of the Father and the Son [Jn 14:26], as this is realized we give Glory To God Triune for the Salvation of a sinner, and Thank Them for the saving Operations of the Spirit.

The Holy Spirit works from the Father's decree 2 Thess 2:13

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

And the Son's redemption Gal 4:5

To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Rom 8:15

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

And so He is sent to make effective what was counseled in the Everlasting Covenant for the experimental salvation of God's people that Christ died for.

To all the Father elected, all whom Christ died, the Spirit is given to them as the Spirit of promise. The Holy Spirit is the bond of union between the elect members and Christ their Head, He unites us to Christ experimentally because we have the Same Spirit He has, that is the Holy Spirit in the Head is in the members, so He works like effects for the same, if He quickens the Head as here:

Rom 8:11

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

1 Pet 3:18

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

He will also quicken the Members..

Thats why each dead spiritually elect or chosen in Christ Eph 1:4 will be quickened while dead in trespasses and sins Eph 2:1,4,5

1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

This is a work of the Spirit in Salvation, why it was expedient that Christ go away that He may come and begin His Saving, quickening Ministry, at this time He would mostly work in behalf of the apostles to prepare the elect to receive their word..

Last edited:

beloved57

Faith is a Fruit of the Spirit !

Faith is a Fruit of the Spirit !

Gal 5:22

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

And this word Faith is also Faithfulness, so those born of Him persevere, remain faithful in the Faith..see Heb 10:39

Now the Holy Spirit imparts Faith to the Covenant Heirs. Yes Faith is essential to salvation, the bible makes that clear, but the error of today is that its a condition for getting saved. It must be understood that Christ redemptive work purchased, bought the workings of the Holy Spirit for all those He died for and redeemed by His blood.

Christ death accomplished more than just satisfying God's Legal demands against the elect, leaving them to perform Faith and Repentance [both spiritual acts]. Christ also must purchase [in His redemption] these blessings for them, because the Natural Man [dead in sin and a slave to sin] is completely void of these Godly Graces. That Faith is in the order of salvation is seen in such verses as Eph 2:8; Acts 16:31; and Rom 1:16, for God gives Faith in the effecting of subjective salvation 2 thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Believing, Faith is a fruit of the sanctifying work of the Spirit. But again, the fatal error in religion today is saying that faith or believing is a condition for salvation we must meet, for every condition for bestowing salvation on the chosen has been met by Christ and through Him by The Spirit..

Last edited:

beloved57

The Holy Spirit imparts or gives Faith !

Faith is the connection between the soul and Christ, which connection is made by the Holy Spirit by means of regeneration and the effectual call. The various steps of the outworking of God's Eternal Purpose are seen in Rom 8:29-30, with the application of redemption beginning with the effectual call of the Spirit, by which the elect are brought from a state of nature into a state of Grace, or from darkness into light, or is passed from death unto life. The Two biggest falsehoods in religion today regarding salvation by Faith, is to teach that fallen, spiritually dead sinner is capable of it, that it is an act of mans freewill, and this delusion has slayed its millions. A Dead man cannot believe, for to believe in Christ as to salvation is the result and fruit of life having been communicated to the soul, see Jn 6:44; Eph 1:19 which is accomplished by the Holy Ghosts regeneration; It should be noted that Jn 1:12 is explained by Jn 1:13 and Jn 3:15-16 are preceded by Jn 3:3-7, so those being born again to believe 1 Jn 5:1. Another error is separating the Spirits communication of Faith from the direct results of Christ cross work. Why do we believe and walk by Faith? Because we are made righteous by the obedience of one Rom 5:19..

Last edited:

beloved57

Jesus told His disciples this Jn 16:7

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

The Word expedient is the greek word sympherō and means:

to bear or bring together

2) to bear together or at the same time

a) to carry with others

b) to collect or contribute in order to help

c) to help, be profitable, be expedient

Now this profitable or advantage was for them in their evangelistic campaign, as they set out to carry the gospel to all nations. His [The Spirit] companionship was needed for it to be a success and Glorifying to God. He would not only be a blessing to them personally, but would also be a blessing to those to whom they were sent to bring glad tidings, for He was sent to perform conversion work. This was a continuation of the effects and blessings of Christ Finished work of the Cross.

In His [The Spirit] Mission, He would do the following in extending the Kingdom of God in the world Jn 16:8-11

8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

This word reprove it means to:

to convict, refute, confute

generally with a suggestion of shame of the person convicted

to chasten, to punish

Its the same word used in Rev 3:19

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Note: If Jesus Christ Loves one, He Chastens ! So if He loved all the World without exception, then He would be obligated to Chasten them, and If He Chastens them, then they must have been Sons according to Heb 12:6, so if this is True, and Christ Loved all men without exception, then all are Sons without exception, which promotes Universalism, which is a lie.

So He [The Spirit] is going to do a effectual work for the World He will be dealing with.

This is His conversion work unto the world of the Elect of God, He will convict them of it of sin, righteousness and judgment.

Last edited:

beloved57

Now how is it that the Holy Spirit will convince the world of sin ? First of all who is the world here that the Spirit will focus own ? It certainly is not the world that Jesus says this about Jn 17:9

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Its that world of them that God hath given Him ! Remember Jn 6:39

39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

This is the World of God's redeeming Love Jn 3:16, the world of His Church which He gave Himself for as Eph 5:25

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

A world comprised of both jew and gentile. Remember to whom Jesus was speaking to at this time, jewish disciples, so Jesus was informing them that the Holy Spirit whom He was sending to further His work of the Cross, would not just be to jews, but to peoples of the gentiles or throughout the world. Yes God had a Chosen People in the heathen nations that He was going to Justify by Faith Gal 3:8

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

So the Holy Spirit was needed in fulfillment of that purpose as well Gal 3:14

14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

So its that world that the Holy Spirit is coming to convince them of sin, because they believe not on Him as of yet..

Last edited:

beloved57

And when He shall come He shall, not attempt to, but He shall reprove the world,not just jews, but the world of sin, because they believe not on me ! His [The Holy Spirit] work rectifies that problem, it solves it completely.

So what sin is it that the Holy Spirit will convince this world of ? The Sin of unbelief and the opposition to the True Gospel, and their sin of self righteousness, and trusting in their own works and religious efforts [dead works] to make themselves acceptable before God. Many believe that sin here means things like immorality, drunkenness and stealing and etc. Men however do not need convincing of such things, natural conscience will do that Rom 2:14-15

14For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another )

But unbelief because of self righteousness is a sin that mere human conscience does not convince us of its evil nature before God. In fact natural conscience gives us self approbation before God when the very opposite is true. Remember the prayer of the pharisee ? Notice Lk 18:11-14

This pharisee did not realize he was an evil wicked man before God, and nothing short of a Sovereign Work of the Holy Spirit would ever convict this man of sin, his sinfulness before God.

Read Isa 64:6 one version says :

"and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment".esv

You see, we men by nature cannot even begin to understand this truth, that our righteous behaviour when commending us to God, is disgusting to Him. Why is this? Because its a slap in the face of God to all what He gave His Son the Lord Jesus Christ to accomplish for the sins of His People, and the righteousness that He alone provides for God's People. Its the Only righteousness known to God that He approves of, and Glorifies Him. It is written of Christ Isa 42:21

21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it Honorable.

Last edited:

beloved57

Of righteousness !

Of righteousness !

So the Holy Spirits role unto the World of the Elect, for whom Christ died, is to convince that world of sin, mainly the sin of unbelief, because by nature they believe not on Christ, but are self sufficient in their own self righteousness.

Next , 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Yes, its all about Christ righteousness before God, thats why He was sent to die for God's People 2 Cor 5:

21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

You see, by nature, we go about to establish our own righteousness as the jews did Rom 10:

2For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

You see if men are to attain righteousness by their own efforts, then why should Christ die ? And so thats why the Holy Spirit is come into the world to teach the standards of True righteousness, as Christ had done when He was in the world see Matt 5:17ff.

So when and following the Holy Spirit's work of convincing the elect sinner of their own unrighteousness in themselves, He reveals to them [Through the Gospel Rom 1:17] Christ as their righteousness. You see, they must first however be taught of God their own self righteousness which is implied here Jn 6:

45It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Note: The Spirit's work can also be The learning of the Father, since the Father is First cause, and He [The Spirit] is sent by the Father in the Name of the Son Jn 14:26.

Now , The Gospel Truths of Christ being made sin for us, a elect people, in order that the righteousness of God we be made in Him. This Gospel comes to us in Power, revealing the righteousness of God to us Rom 1:

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Notice that this righteousness is revealed. The greek word is apokalyptō which means:

to uncover, lay open what has been veiled or covered up

a) disclose, make bare

2) to make known, make manifest, disclose what before was unknown

A righteousness that we did not know we had is disclosed to us through the Gospel, its made known by the Power of the Holy Spirit.

Its the same word paul uses in 1 Cor 2 :

7 But we speak [Preach] the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

So its the Spirit that reveals this Righteousness we have because of Christ, of which we knew nothing of, if we are of the elect..So its a revealing, something that has to be made known.

When Jesus said of the Spirit, that He shall Glorify Me Jn 16:

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

He takes of Christ righteousness, which He worked out for His People, and shews [Make it known] to them..

And Christ is Glorified When once a self righteous sinner, trusting in their own efforts and works, is now caused to rest in His righteousness for them.

Now understand whats happened here, the sinner has been shown that Christ has already been made their righteousness, and their Faith, which is by the Grace of the Holy Spirit, receives and rests and Trust in the gospel of their salvation see Eph 1:13, but they Trust in what has been revealed, so Faith or believing is not the cause of this righteousness, but Faith reveals that it [righteousness] is ours and effects the believing or the Trusting..

Hence Paul says as well as all True believers Phil 3:

9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Thank the Blessed Spirit for making this Righteousness known to God's Elect..

Last edited:

beloved57

Of Judgment !

Of Judgment !

Jn 16:8-10

8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

What is it the Holy Spirit in Salvation applied teaches the redeemed church of Judgment, because of the Prince of this world, who is satan is judged.

Satan the god of this world was Judged and defeated at the Cross, Christ destroyed him who had the power of death Heb 2:14

14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

This was His Judgment, and the tyranny he held over the gentile world in regards to the True God was rendered inoperative by the Cross. Thats why it says He shall bring Judgment to the Gentiles. Isa 42:1

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Repeated here Matt 12:18

Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

The Knowledge of salvation being now revealed to the Gentile world is an effect of satan being Judged and defeated at the cross. Satan was also bound for a thousand years, again, so that he couldn't as he once did, deceive the nations, or the gentiles..Rev 20:3

And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

This knowledge was especially needed for the first true ministers of the gospel, the Twelve as they were to go into the nations and disciple Christ Sheep. Now knowing that the Spirit has come, satan Judged, they could expect success in the gentile world with the Gospel of Christ..

Last edited:

elohiym

The Holy Spirit was responsible to apply the saving benefits to all Christ died for, the Church, His Body. He came to regenerate all of God's elect as it was according to The Everlasting Covenant of which Christ is the Surety.

What is regeneration, in your view?

beloved57

St Jn 16:8-10

St Jn 16:8-10

When the Holy Ghost comes to the elect sinner, that sinner having had been redeemed[purchased] by the blood of Christ, He comes in Power[1 Thess 1:5] and convinces that one or ones of all that Christ has accomplished by His Faithful obedience to the Cross Phil 2:8

8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

as our surety. When He [The Holy Spirit] reveals Christ in us [ St Jn 16:14] we are taught of God [ Jn 6:45], that our sins have been sufficiently dealt with Ps 103:10,12

10He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

12As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Note: This is Covenant Knowledge.

That Righteousness has been everlastingly established by Christ obedience Dan 9:24

24Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

And that Judgment or Justice has been appeased by Christ blood, and Satan has been Judged, that his head has been bruised.

Last edited:

beloved57

The Holy Spirit reveals to us our Salvation !

The Holy Spirit reveals to us our Salvation !

People do not realize it today, but being saved is matter of it being revealed to us. Its nothing that we do to get saved, but what God through Christ has done to His People, and this is and or will be revealed [testified] unto to all the Heirs of Salvation in God's due time by the work of the Holy Spirit.

Paul writes to the Corinthians 1 Cor 2:7-12

7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery [The Gospel], even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

This word prepared, is the same word Jesus uses in Matt 25:34

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

God the Holy Spirit reveals unto the Heirs of the Kingdom, that they have been Chosen in Christ from the foundation to be recipients of this Blessed Kingdom ! God sends them this Revelation by the Gospel of the Kingdom. Thats what Paul is saying here to the Corinthians.

10But God hath revealed[made known] them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

The Spirit makes it known to us our Salvation in Christ, our being Joint Heirs with Him Rom 8:16-17

11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Which things the Gospel reveals, God gives us of His Spirit first [New Birth] in order that we might Know the things [ Forgiveness, Redemption, Justification, Righteousness and etc] freely given [not offered] to us [The called] of God !

I do not believe there is a more clearer statement that declares New Birth before Faith.

Paul writes to Timothy in 1 Tim 2:4-6

4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

6Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

The All here for whom Christ gave Himself a ransom for, will have it Testified unto them by the Spirit of God 1 Cor 2

The word Testified is the greek word martyrion and means:

testimony

Its the Testimony of God 1 Cor 2:1

1And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

Its the Testimony of the Gospel 2 Tim 1:8

8Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

This Testimony is confirmed in the called of Christ 1 Cor 1:6

6Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:

This is the Work of the Holy Spirit to confirm in each Heir of Salvation, Gods witness to them through the Gospel that they have been given the Kingdom Matt 25:34, He reveals it to them, makes it known, and Hence, thats having our Salvation revealed unto us, otherwise we would not have known, and there was nothing in and of ourselves we could have done to inherit the Eternal Kingdom..

Last edited:

beloved57

The Sanctification of the Spirit is unto obedience ! What obedience ? Its the obedience of Faith to the Faith.

1 Pet 1:2

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

The word obedience here is the greek word hypakoē:

obedience, compliance, submission

2) obedience rendered to anyone's counsels, an obedience shown in observing the requirements of Christianity

Its the same word used here Rom 1:5

5By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

This obedience to the faith answers the law of faith, mentioned Romans 3:27.

The act of faith is the obedience of the understanding to God revealing, and the product of that is the obedience of the will to God commanding.
Faith is an act of obedience , for its commanded to believe 1 Jn 3:23

23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ,

Obedience is used for Faith here Rom 15:18

18For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,

And here Rom 16:26

26But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

The submission of Faith. Remember Paul said the jews had not submitted themselves to the righteousness of God Rom 10:3

3For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Paul is basically saying they have not believed, they had no faith.

But this is the obedience the Holy Spirit works into each elect vessel of mercy, He brings them unto obedience unto Faith.

2 Thess 2 :13 states the same here :

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Belief of the Truth here is an obedience to it, a submission or hearkening to it Gal 3:1

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Last edited:

beloved57

The obedience of Faith is through the Spirit !

The obedience of Faith is through the Spirit !

As though 1 Pet 1:2 is not enough for the adversaries of the Truth to attribute Faith to the Work of the Spirit, Peter mentions it again later in the same chapter that they obeyed the Truth through the Spirit. 1 Pet 1:22-23

22Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

23Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

This obeying here is the same word for obedience in 1 Pet 1:2 , another confirmation that Gospel obedience comes through the effectual working of the Holy Spirit through the New Birth.

Last edited:

beloved57

He makes Known Our Salvation through the Gospel !

He makes Known Our Salvation through the Gospel !

Eph 1:9

9Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

Eph 1:13

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

When God the Holy Spirit gives elect sinners faith in Christ, He makes known the Mystery of His Will, He reveals the Eternal secrets of God's heart to His Children, and this revelation of the Mystery of His will is God given assurance [faith] of our Election and Redemption in Christ. He reveals these things to us His Children Deut 29:29

29The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

That we, The Children may walk in the Spirit, and Live by Faith ! For the Just [ Legally Justified by the blood of Christ] shall live by Faith.

Rom 1:17

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

All for whom Christ died, The Holy Spirit will make known to them, something up to now that was a secret or hidden from them, thats what a mystery is, and that is, they are righteous before God premised on Christ blood, and that they are Children of God.

Thats what the Gospel reveals to those Christ died for, by the work of the Holy Spirit.

beloved57

The Holy Spirit has been employed in the Great Everlasting Transactions to be the One who applies the Blood of Christ to the Redeemed. 1 Pet 1:

2Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

It is God's Elect who will have this blood of Christ applied [sprinkling] by the Spirit.

It is He who regenerates or gives new birth Titus 3:5

5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

He calls us the elect by the Gospel 2 Thess 2:14

Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. See Acts 13:2

This is an effectual call by Grace Gal 1:15

He gives us Faith to Believe after giving us hearing of the Gospel Jn 6:29; Eph 1:19; Eph 1:13

He seals the elect after their believing Eph 1:13;4:30

It was by Him that the elect of God are shown the Things of Christ Jn 16:14

Without the Holy Spirit's Saving work, we would never come to experience subjectively the Salvation Purposed for us by the Father, procured for us by the Son.

Last edited:

beloved57

Salvation is totally and absolutely of God alone, and each Being in the Godhead has accomplished their role in the same. To God the Holy Spirit is ascribed certain acts in the accomplishment of redemption, which are to be distinguished from the other Two Beings of the Trinity, The Father and the Son, and so much credit due unto Him in the Praise of the Salvation of God's Elect. To Him [ The Spirit] belongs the task to make effectual the whole of the Fathers Love and the Son's redemptive blood by way of the cross, He makes the redeemed sinner a Partaker of Salvation experimentally, for it is He that effects the conversion of the sinner, by working in him to will and to do of His good pleasure Phil 2:13

13For it is God[The Spirit] which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

See also Ps 25:8;51:13 For He makes application of the redeeming benefits of Christ blood to each soul that Christ has died and redeemed by His blood. 1 Pet 1:2

2Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

The Sanctification of the Spirit is to the sprinkling or the application of the blood of Christ. It is He [The Spirit] that makes us meet as in Col 1:12

12Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

beloved57

The Holy Spirit should be Praised !

The Holy Spirit should be Praised !

God the Holy Spirit should be Praised because It is by His work, by His quickening Power that He imparts the principals of a New and Spiritual Life to the Soul Titus 3:5

5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

This translates us from death unto life Jn 5:24

24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Col 1:13

13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Jesus speaks of that here Jn 3:5

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

So when one is Born of the Spirit he enters into the Kingdom of God.

This also separates us from our Old Man, the Sin Nature that still indwells us, and gives us experiential Union and Fellowship to the Person of Christ who was Our Spiritual head, the Second Adam. 1 Cor 1:9

9God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son[In His Kingdom Col 1:13] Jesus Christ our Lord.

Again Jesus pointed to this in His memorable discourse with Nicodemus, when He pointed to the work of the Holy Spirit. Jn 3:3-8. This work of the Spirit prepares and precedes the sinner looking to the work of the Son Jn 3:16. The Holy Spirit Glorifies Christ by showing the redeemed sinner the Cross of Jesus Christ and opening up to them what it accomplished. Jn 16:14

14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Whats more to Christ Glory than anything else ? His Cross ! Notice what Paul says Gal 6:14

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

1 Cor 1:17-18

For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

John 17:1

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

Jesus speaking of His impending death, as the Traitor Judas has just left to trigger the dastardly deed says Jn 13:30-32

30He then having received the sop went immediately out: and it was night.

31Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him.

32If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him.

And So the Spirit takes what is Christ and opens it up and expounds it unto all for whom Christ died and redeemed by His blood, this occurs within the sphere of His Kingdom. This is a Great Work of the Spirit of God, may He be Praised ! 1 Cor 2:9-10

9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

beloved57

He communicates the Covenant Promises !

He communicates the Covenant Promises !

Eternal Salvation, or Eternal life is premised upon a Promise, a Covenant Promise centered in the Blood of Jesus Christ. For His Precious blood gives Life ! He was given as Covenant to the People Isa 42:6

I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Based upon the Fact that Jesus Christ has met all the conditions and fulfilled them all for those He was given as a Covenant both of the Jews and Gentiles, they receive Life, Eternal Life through Him Rom 6:23

23For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

This Gift of Eternal Life through Him is no more an offer than the wages of sin was an offer. The wages of sin , death was merited through our disobedience in Adam, and likewise, Eternal Life was merited for those Christ represented by his obedience. Just as a corrupted Physical life is communicated because of our disobedience in Adam, so a Spiritual and Eternal Life is communicated because of the Covenant keeping obedience of Jesus Christ !

It is the Holy Spirit that implements the Covenant Promise to the Elect of God through Jesus Christ Isa 54:13

13And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

So Jesus says to the Representatives of the Elect Church, His Apostles these words Jn 14:26

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Holy Ghost will be sent in Christ Name, that is based upon His Finished work, His redemptive work of the Cross, and Teach the Church, those He gave Himself for Eph 5:25 all things, that is all things in regards to Christ accomplishments on their behalf through His blood. Yes, I know this was specifically said to the disciples, but they stood for His Church, All that should believe on Him through their word Jn 17:20

20Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Did not John write to ordinary believers in His 1 Epistle 1 Jn 2:27,20

20But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

27But the anointing[The Holy Spirit] which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

See the similarity this verse has with what Jesus promised in Jn 14:26 ?

He shall teach you all things ? So 1 Jn 2:27 is the fulfillment of the Promise Jesus made to The Church represented by His Twelve Chosen Apostles in Jn 14:26. And this be the fulfillment of the Covenant Promise of Isa 54:13 which is the result of Christ being given as a Covenant to the People Isa 42:6.

So this Teaching work of the Spirit in an inner work and is the outcome of a Covenant Promise, which was based upon the Blood of the Covenant, the Blood of Christ Matt 26:28 and Heb 13:20-21

20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

You see that ? Working in you ! The Holy Spirit must communicate Life, Spiritual life and begin His work in each soul Christ died for. Phil 1:6

6Being confident of this very thing, that he[The Spirit of God] which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Paul could be confident of this, because he understood that these things were happening because of Faithfulness to the Everlasting Covenant, and the Spirits application of those Covenant promises..