The grammar of Gal 2 and the folly of 2P2P

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

Yeah, I know. But, given his well documented lifelong history of financial corruption, I think I'll stick to the old "trust everyone; but cut the cards yourself."

You're just along for the ride. But if there's a rising tide it will lift your boat too.

"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good" bro :)

That'll take time. Wait and see. No choice anyway.

Danoh

Have you gone back to Genesis yet, and compared Abraham in circumcision with Abraham in uncircumcision?
I do not think you ever will.

Cut him some slack; he's behind on his reading of his endless books about - and more and more and more on their way to him in the mail. He'll get to the Bible after that.

In short, stP, have a seat over by the Courthouse; you have a long wait.

SaulToPaul 2

Cut him some slack; he's behind on his reading of his endless books about - and more and more and more on their way to him in the mail. He'll get to the Bible after that.

In short, stP, have a seat over by the Courthouse; you have a long wait.

I wonder if it ever dawned on the writers of his dusty books to go back to Genesis when they saw Gal 2.

DAN P

The Madists say Paul preached another gospel. Paul says anyone who preaches another gospel is accursed.

Paul preached the gospel to the Jews, and the same gospel to the Gentiles.

Is this ANOTHER gospel that Paul was preaching to the Jews...a different gospel than the one Jesus preached?

Acts 22:17 “When I returned to Jerusalem and was praying at the temple, I fell into a trance 18 and saw the Lord speaking to me. ‘Quick!’ he said. ‘Leave Jerusalem immediately, because the people here will not accept your testimony about me.’

19 “‘Lord,’ I replied, ‘these people know that I went from one synagogue to another to imprison and beat those who believe in you. 20 And when the blood of your martyr Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.’

21 “Then the Lord said to me, ‘Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’ ”

Galatians 1:23 They only heard the report: “The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.

Did you read that? They said that PAUL is NOW preaching THE FAITH he once tried to destroy.

How do you get that it ANOTHER gospel?

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Same gospel to all.

Hi and Gal 1:23 reads like this , But they were only hearing that the ONE once Persecting jus is now preaching the FAITH which once he was DESTROYING !!

#1 If Paul was preaching the same GOSPEL as the 12 was Paul ACCURSED as Gal 1:8 ?? No way !!

There is the Revelation of the MYSTERY which you can not EXPLAIN !!

#2 , The first verb is THEY HAD / EN was a Rumor as that verb is in the IM PERFECT TEN SE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD of a FACT , The IMPERFECT GTENSE just means a RUMOR started and then did STOP and your friend IP the Greek scholar will tell you I am correct !!

The next 3 verbs are in the Greek PRESENT TENSE of continuous action and they are ! HEARD , HE WHICH PERSECUTED and PREACHED / EUAGGLIZO !!

#3 , The fourth verb is HE DESRTOYED is also in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE as Jesus stopped Paul in Acts 9:6 and saved him and saved Paul by GRACE as is written in Gal 1:15 !!

Come on IP tell us how to be saved by GRACE as Paul was the PATTERN , IN 1 Tim 1:15 and 16 OR explain how PETER was saved OR just maybe explain How you were saved ??

Come on you can do it OR will you EVADE me again ??

dan p

Interplanner

Hi and Gal 1:23 reads like this , But they were only hearing that the ONE once Persecting jus is now preaching the FAITH which once he was DESTROYING !!

#1 If Paul was preaching the same GOSPEL as the 12 was Paul ACCURSED as Gal 1:8 ?? No way !!

#2 , The first verb is THEY HAD / EN was a Rumor as that verb is in the IM PERFECT TEN SE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD of a FACT , The IMPERFECT GTENSE just means a RUMOR started and then did STOP and your friend IP the Greek scholar will tell you I am correct !!

The next 3 verbs are in the Greek PRESENT TENSE of continuous action and they are ! HEARD , HE WHICH PERSECUTED and PREACHED / EUAGGLIZO !!

#3 , The fourth verb is HE DESRTOYED is also in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE as Jesus stopped Paul in Acts 9:6 and saved him and saved Paul by GRACE as is written in Gal 1:15 !!

Come on IP tell us how to be saved by GRACE as Paul was the PATTERN , IN 1 Tim 1:15 and 16 OR explain how PETER was saved OR just maybe explain How you were saved ??

dan p

I have no idea what you are worked up about Dan; you aren't paying attention to the post that you think you are responding to.

God's Truth

dan p

You have not disproved the scriptures that explain how Paul teaches the same gospel and faith as Jesus did and the other apostles.

God's Truth

My sense is that BOTH Paul, and Peter were preaching "the gospel of Christ."

BUT...

Peter preached Him, as "spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began" - Acts 3:21.

IN CONTRAST...

Paul preached Him "according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began" Rom. 16:25.

Paul's was what he refers to in Gal. 2:2 as "that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles."

His point later there, in Gal. 2, is his reiteration once more (as in chapter 1) that he was given his Apostleship and authority to evangelize among the Uncircumcision by the same authority Who gave Peter his Apostleship and authority among the Circumcision.

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles: ) 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

"The grace" he is referring to in verse 9 is verse 8's "same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles."

Gospel of = mighty in me toward...

The sense is the gospeling, or evangelizing, of...

Paul is referring to the source of his authority in that part of Galatians.

He will then go into aspects of "that gospel" he "preached among the Gentiles" that he asserts he had preached to the Galatians Gal. 2:2; 3:1 - HIS UnProphesied, God given "gospel of Christ."

The content and basis of which he will later lay out in much greater detail in Romans, some ten years or so later.

In fact, the best commentary out there on Galatians, is Romans.

Paul was preaching the SAME gospel as Jesus and the other apostles.

Here is more proof that he taught the same gospel...Paul says that he was one born out of due time---born out of due time from the other apostles that came from being with Jesus while Jesus was alive. Why would Paul say he was born out of due time if he taught a different gospel?!

1 Corinthians 15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

DAN P

I have no idea what you are worked up about Dan; you aren't paying attention to the post that you think you are responding to.

Hi and again I will ask you TO answer since you are a GREEK scholar , 3 simple questions , since you will never DEBUNK THE ABOVE reply !!

If there is only ONE GOSPEL explain how you were SAVED !! Give me verse how that happened !!

Or explain HOW Peter was saved ??

If you do not know ask ME TO HELP YOU ??

dan p

DAN P

The irony is you actually think posts like that by DanP are intelligible.

Hi , IP and you will again EVADE post #216 , thought so !!

I am so mis-understood by those on the LEFT and also many dispensationalist , especially by Acts2 , Acts 13 and Acts 28er OK with me and I have taught this way for many years and I see that you are to PROUD to ask and I knew that you would never ask any way , and my PEARLS will stay from you !!

dan p

Status
Not open for further replies.