The grammar of Gal 2 and the folly of 2P2P

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

Theory????
Foolish woman, it is no theory, it is truth.
It is in the scriptures.
Wanna see it again?

Matthew 16:20 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Your lies never stop, do they?

Jesus said to preach about him. How do you miss that?

Interplanner

Jesus said to preach about him. How do you miss that?

The thing is that it was not time for them to preach Christ in that generation in Judaism until the event of the Gospel took place. There was way to much hazard he would be preached as theocratic king. Even as late as Mt 24A, he is warning about the arrival of Christs with specifics about them rounding up people in the desert or taking over the temple.

It is their being raised in Judaism that made them not know what he meant, or just lack of vision about what would happen.

God's Truth

The thing is that it was not time for them to preach Christ in that generation in Judaism until the event of the Gospel took place. There was way to much hazard he would be preached as theocratic king. Even as late as Mt 24A, he is warning about the arrival of Christs with specifics about them rounding up people in the desert or taking over the temple.

It is their being raised in Judaism that made them not know what he meant, or just lack of vision about what would happen.

Jesus preached he was the Son of God. Just because he told some not to say it did not mean it was never said. People figured it out, and he even told people he was the Son of God.

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’[d]? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

The Madists keep saying the disciples did not know Jesus was going to die. I have scriptures that say Jesus explained to them he was going to die. Why won't they believe what is plainly written?

Matthew 16:20 Then He admonished the disciples not to tell anyone that He was the Christ. 21 From that time on Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests, and scribes, and that He must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

musterion

The Madists keep saying the disciples did not know Jesus was going to die.

You're the one in unbelief. It says they did not understand and believe it, and did not know He would rise.

Luke 18:33, 34

Luke 24:25, 26, 27, 44, 45

John 13:7,19

John 2:22

You are a fool.

God's Truth

You're the one in unbelief. It says they did not believe it, and did not know He would rise.

Luke 24:25-27, 44-45

You are a fool.

You should be more careful about calling someone a fool.

Again, just because some didn't believe it---it does NOT mean it wasn't taught.

God's Truth

Jesus himself taught he was the Son of God, and he also taught he was going to die and rise again on the third day. If anyone keeps saying he did not, then that person is denying what is plainly written.

God's Truth

You are a false gospel preaching fool.

Move the goalpost, fool.

Jesus came to earth and taught the guidelines for the New Covenant, and then he shed his blood on the cross for the New Covenant.

Paul even says that he is a preacher for that covenant.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

musterion

Jesus came to earth and taught the guidelines for the New Covenant, and then he shed his blood on the cross for the New Covenant.

Paul even says that he is a preacher for that covenant.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Keep moving the goalpost, dishonest fool.

Interplanner

You're the one in unbelief. It says they did not understand and believe it, and did not know He would rise.

Luke 18:33, 34

Luke 24:25, 26, 27, 44, 45

You are a fool.

The content of the Gospel is not settled by being believed. All of these passages clearly mean that (content, doctrine) is what Christ was about, meant to do, meant to have preached. All before Pentecost.

God's Truth

Can't deal with Scripture so you moved it again.

Lake of Fire for you unless you change your mind about your self righteous false gospel.

It is not self righteous to obey Jesus and to preach obedience. Jesus says that makes me blessed, truly a disciple, a family member, and friend.

John 8:35 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

Interplanner

It is not self righteous to obey Jesus and to preach obedience. Jesus says that makes me blessed, truly a disciple, a family member, and friend.

John 8:35 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

I don't think Must understands the difference between 'knowing he would rise' and knowing the full Messianic signficance of it. They knew the words, they knew he said it. What it meant vis-a-vis Judaism and their culture was not yet clear.

God's Truth

Check any commentary where the person knows Greek grammar, and you'll see the error here.

The subject is Paul/Peter.
The verb is to preach the gospel. There is only one. The direct object is BUILT IN.
The indirect object is the two targets. An indirect object for 'preach' cannot be the content preached. it can only be the target(s).

The truly stupid thing is that 2P2P has chosen this as a proof text of two gospels, when the anathema of another gospel is 10 verses away. There is no way that Paul meant two competing "Christian" ones were OK, because there is no such thing.

this is the utter dishonesty of the 2P2P garbage. No where in the whole NT is there the sentiment that there is a 2nd or a close 2nd or one for one group, one for another, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW THIS because of their isolated and compartmentalized way of reading.

The Madists say Paul preached another gospel. Paul says anyone who preaches another gospel is accursed.

Paul preached the gospel to the Jews, and the same gospel to the Gentiles.

Is this ANOTHER gospel that Paul was preaching to the Jews...a different gospel than the one Jesus preached?

Acts 22:17 “When I returned to Jerusalem and was praying at the temple, I fell into a trance 18 and saw the Lord speaking to me. ‘Quick!’ he said. ‘Leave Jerusalem immediately, because the people here will not accept your testimony about me.’

19 “‘Lord,’ I replied, ‘these people know that I went from one synagogue to another to imprison and beat those who believe in you. 20 And when the blood of your martyr Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.’

21 “Then the Lord said to me, ‘Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’ ”

Galatians 1:23 They only heard the report: “The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.

Did you read that? They said that PAUL is NOW preaching THE FAITH he once tried to destroy.

How do you get that it ANOTHER gospel?

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Same gospel to all.

Interplanner

The Madists say Paul preached another gospel. Paul says anyone who preaches another gospel is accursed.

Paul preached the gospel to the Jews, and the same gospel to the Gentiles.

Is this ANOTHER gospel that Paul was preaching to the Jews...a different gospel than the one Jesus preached?

Acts 22:17 “When I returned to Jerusalem and was praying at the temple, I fell into a trance 18 and saw the Lord speaking to me. ‘Quick!’ he said. ‘Leave Jerusalem immediately, because the people here will not accept your testimony about me.’

19 “‘Lord,’ I replied, ‘these people know that I went from one synagogue to another to imprison and beat those who believe in you. 20 And when the blood of your martyr Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.’

21 “Then the Lord said to me, ‘Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’ ”

Galatians 1:23 They only heard the report: “The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.

Did you read that? They said that PAUL is NOW preaching THE FAITH he once tried to destroy.

How do you get that it ANOTHER gospel?

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Same gospel to all.

GT,
good notes! I got the impression at first that you speaking to me, but all that you said is agreed. Please just clarify that you were speaking to Must, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.