The Gospel Verses Predestination

God's Truth

For myself, I believe that what Jesus meant by saying every sinner is enslaved by, addicted to, sin is that they have lost their free will as every choice reflects at least in part some element of evil desire which slowly leavens, corrupts, the whole character of the person.

This is in accord with Rom 7:18 ...[FONT=&]For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.[/FONT][FONT=&]19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.[/FONT][FONT=&]20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.[/FONT]

I think we agree and just want to comment those scriptures too and say Romans 7 is where Paul in a very exaggerated explains what it is like for one under the law without faith.

Robert Pate

Banned
You don't understand Romans 7 or Romans 3.

Anyone with an IQ of about 30 can understand Romans 7 or Romans 3. I used to teach a children's church, I never met a single small child that didn't understand that they were sinners.

You really have to sike yourself out to believe that you are without sin.

God's Truth

Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus God is at peace with the world.

"And having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to RECONCILE ALL THINGS unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth or things in heaven" Colossians 1:20.

Everyone has been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ, but the reconciliation is not yours if you don't receive it.

As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished. As far as God is concerned the law has been fulfilled, Matthew 5:18 and abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

Jesus now victoriously sits at the right hand of God as, "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

If you were a Christian you would know and believe these things, because they are in the Bible.

No, you ignore what the Bible says. You repeat what false teachers say. People have to get reconciled and that happens after hearing and obeying. Seriously, why do ignore the truth? The Bible says 'access' after faith. The Bible says 'be reconciled'.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Anyone with an IQ of about 30 can understand Romans 7 or Romans 3. I used to teach a children's church, I never met a single small child that didn't understand that they were sinners.

You really have to sike yourself out to believe that you are without sin.

You try to teach little children they have sins? You prove you are against God.

God's Truth

Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus God is at peace with the world.

"And having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to RECONCILE ALL THINGS unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth or things in heaven" Colossians 1:20.
Peace with those who come to God through the blood of His Son.

Everyone has been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ, but the reconciliation is not yours if you don't receive it.

What?! Now that is switching it up. You have been going against me for saying no one is reconciled until they repent of their sins and have faith that Jesus' shed blood on the cross washes your sins away.

As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished. As far as God is concerned the law has been fulfilled, Matthew 5:18 and abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

Jesus fulfilled everything but the devil still is around. You have to overcome the devil by continuing to obey Jesus.

Jesus now victoriously sits at the right hand of God as, "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

If you were a Christian you would know and believe these things, because they are in the Bible.

You prove you are not a Christian by the way you judge.

Robert Pate

Banned
Peace with those who come to God through the blood of His Son.

What?! Now that is switching it up. You have been going against me for saying no one is reconciled until they repent of their sins and have faith that Jesus' shed blood on the cross washes your sins away.

Jesus fulfilled everything but the devil still is around. You have to overcome the devil by continuing to obey Jesus.

You prove you are not a Christian by the way you judge.

We are supposed to judge, but we judge righteously and according to God's word.

Reconciliation is a two way street. Because Jesus, who is our representative has reconciled us to God, we are complete in him, Colossians 2:10. It is our part to accept the reconciliation that has been provided for us. We do that by accepting and believing in Jesus.

Regardless, the whole world has ALREADY been reconciled unto God by the doing and the dying of Jesus, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

beloved57

HOGWASH!

You don't believe the Bible.

"God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

This is past tense. It has ALREADY taken place.
You don't believe that Christ death saved them He died for, That's unbelief.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

God's Truth

We are supposed to judge, but we judge righteously and according to God's word.
You will be judged with the same way you judge.
Reconciliation is a two way street.
That's right, so did you forget why you are going against me, or are you trying to change what you say to line up closer to the truth?
Because Jesus, who is our representative has reconciled us to God,

Only if you came into the covenant.

we are complete in him, Colossians 2:10. It is our part to accept the reconciliation that has been provided for us. We do that by accepting and believing in Jesus.

Regardless, the whole world has ALREADY been reconciled unto God by the doing and the dying of Jesus, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

You just contradicted yourself.

Robert Pate

Banned
You will be judged with the same way you judge.

That's right, so did you forget why you are going against me, or are you trying to change what you say to line up closer to the truth?

Only if you came into the covenant.

You just contradicted yourself.

You are not able to believe the truth.

"God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

We had NOTHING to do with this. It is a done deal. Salvation has been provided for everyone that does nothing more than calling on the name of the Lord, Romans 10:13.

God's Truth

We had NOTHING to do with this. It is a done deal. Salvation has been provided for everyone that does nothing more than calling on the name of the Lord, Romans 10:13.

You contradict yourself on this. Go study more about it.

MennoSota

Sounds like all you need is a magic phrase to conjure yourself up some salvation. If that's the case then print up a script and have everyone repeat the magic words...
Of course if you actually understood 2 Corinthians 5 you would know it's not preaching universalism at all.

beloved57

Teaching Salvation by works by what man does. Typical man made religion.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

How did a person used to be cleaned before, during the old law? I will tell you how---they had to work at cleaning themselves with various external washings and by sacrificing animals and going to the priest. Those works were righteous works called the works of the law and the people worked at purifying themselves. Paul explains that it is not of those works anymore, but now it is by being washed by the Holy Spirit.

See, no more washings and blood of animals; now washed by the Holy Spirit and Jesus' blood.

God's Truth

Righteous Works

Then

Circumcision of the flesh

Special diet

Various external washings

Animals to sacrifice

Shedding of the blood of animals

God's Truth

Righteous Works

Now

Circumcised in the heart by the Holy Spirit