The Gospel Verses Predestination

Robert Pate

Banned
God has ALREADY reconciled us and the whole world unto himself by Jesus Christ. You are spiritually blind to the Gospel.

"And all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ and has given unto us the ministry of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:18.

"God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

"And having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile ALL THINGS unto himself; by him I say, whether they be things in the earth or things in heaven" Colossians 1:20.

"And you that were sometimes alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has he reconciled" Colossians 1:21.

These 4 scriptures make your Calvinist religion worthless. Reconciled unto God, not predestinated.

God's Truth

God has ALREADY reconciled us and the whole world unto himself by Jesus Christ. You are spiritually blind to the Gospel.

"And all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ and has given unto us the ministry of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:18.

Paul is speaking to those who are reconciled by living faith, faith with obedience to Jesus' words.

Romans 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Did you read that?
So now you know, no living faith, which is faith with obedience, then no access to God's grace and NO RECONCILIATION.

"God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

No living faith, no Spirit of God given to live inside your heart, no Jesus putting you in him---means no reconciliation. It means you are condemned and going to prison/hell, and then possibly thrown in the lake of fire.
"And having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile ALL THINGS unto himself; by him I say, whether they be things in the earth or things in heaven" Colossians 1:20.
All are subject to Jesus.
To be saved and living in Jesus, and Jesus in you---you must get access by living faith and receiving the Holy Spirit.

When Jesus died, and ascended to heaven, all did not receive the Holy Spirit. Only those who believe and obey him do.

See John 14:23.

"And you that were sometimes alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has he reconciled" Colossians 1:21.
And they had to believe and obey by repenting of their sins.

These 4 scriptures make your Calvinist religion worthless. Reconciled unto God, not predestinated.

The Calvin doctrine is false, and so is your belief.

beloved57

You are not speaking the truth about what I said, or about what the scriptures say.

Again, you said Paul was speaking to the unreconciled when he implored people to "be ye reconciled to God" yet you lied, for he was speaking to them who were already[past tense] reconciled. 2 Cor 5:18-20

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19To wit, that God was[past tense] in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

See the natural man cannot receive the things of God, they're foolishness to him 1 Cor 2:14

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul is speaking to those who are reconciled by living faith, faith with obedience to Jesus' words.

Romans 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Did you read that?
So now you know, no living faith, which is faith with obedience, then no access to God's grace and NO RECONCILIATION.

No living faith, no Spirit of God given to live inside your heart, no Jesus putting you in him---means no reconciliation. It means you are condemned and going to prison/hell, and then possibly thrown in the lake of fire.

All are subject to Jesus.
To be saved and living in Jesus, and Jesus in you---you must get access by living faith and receiving the Holy Spirit.

When Jesus died, and ascended to heaven, all did not receive the Holy Spirit. Only those who believe and obey him do.

See John 14:23.

And they had to believe and obey by repenting of their sins.

The Calvin doctrine is false, and so is your belief.

You add things to the scriptures that are not there. You can't accept what the Bible says.

Robert Pate

Banned
Again, you said Paul was speaking to the unreconciled when he implored people to "be ye reconciled to God" yet you lied, for he was speaking to them who were already[past tense] reconciled. 2 Cor 5:18-20

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19To wit, that God was[past tense] in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

See the natural man cannot receive the things of God, they're foolishness to him 1 Cor 2:14

You can't accept what the scripture is saying, blind one.

Even the natural man has been reconciled unto God. ALL THINGS have been reconciled unto God, Colossians 1:20.

glorydaz

The obedience of faith is about having faith and obeying.

It isn't a tricky wording.

It means exactly what it says.

Which is why one would think you'd understand.

The obedience OF FAITH shows clearly that faith is the obedience being spoken of.

Having faith is the only obedience that saves.

The word AND is a big clue. And insists there is more than ONE thing necessary for salvation.

Back to kindergarten with you. :wave:

God's Truth

Which is why one would think you'd understand.

The obedience OF FAITH shows clearly that faith is the obedience being spoken of.

Having faith is the only obedience that saves.

The word AND is a big clue. And insists there is more than ONE thing necessary for salvation.

Back to kindergarten with you. :wave:

Too bad for you because faith aloners say belief is no works.

No pass for you.

God's Truth

"Be reconciled to God" doesn't really mean "you are already reconciled to God".

Paul doesn't have the gospel of reconciliation that says, "Hey guess what you are already reconciled".

Paul didn't say, "Hey, deny you are already reconciled then you are going to hell and then are not reconciled".

That insanity it not in the Bible.

The Bible says the Holy Spirit came and all are condemned to HELL UNTIL they are reconciled to God.

Come on, ask me for the scriptures, lost and confused one who thinks he is not.

God's Truth

You add things to the scriptures that are not there. You can't accept what the Bible says.

Listen to what beloved says, it is what you say!

Paul doesn't have the gospel of reconciliation that says, "Hey guess what you are already reconciled".

Paul didn't say, "Hey, deny you are already reconciled then you are going to hell and then are not reconciled".

The Bible says the Holy Spirit came and all are condemned to HELL UNTIL they are reconciled to God.

beloved57

Denial of the Truth. Paul was speaking to the already reconciled

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

beloved57

You can't accept what the scripture is saying, blind one.

Even the natural man has been reconciled unto God. ALL THINGS have been reconciled unto God, Colossians 1:20.
You teach those Christ died for are lost. You deny reconciliation by the death of Christ.

God's Truth

Denial of the Truth. Paul was speaking to the already reconciled

All you have is denial. Denial is no defense of the truth.

You are held back from God's Truth and need to want it more than anything, even more than your false doctrines and all the years of study and preaching it.

beloved57

All you have is denial. Denial is no defense of the truth.

You are held back from God's Truth and need to want it more than anything, even more than your false doctrines and all the years of study and preaching it.
Denying scripture speaks for itself. You deny scripture.

Robert Pate

Banned

Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus God is at peace with the world.

"And having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to RECONCILE ALL THINGS unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth or things in heaven" Colossians 1:20.

Everyone has been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ, but the reconciliation is not yours if you don't receive it.

As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished. As far as God is concerned the law has been fulfilled, Matthew 5:18 and abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

Jesus now victoriously sits at the right hand of God as, "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

If you were a Christian you would know and believe these things, because they are in the Bible.

ttruscott

If we have ALREADY been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ, then why would anyone need to be predestinated?
Predestined just means that HIS fulfillment of the promise of election unto salvation would be perfectly fulfilled. We created our fates by our free will - HE predetermined our lives to perfectly reflect our choices and predestined those who were HIS elect to finish in heaven as HIS bride.

ttruscott

I don't know why some want to believe that Adam lost his free will in the fall. Adam did not lose his free will, what he lost was his relationship with God, not his free will.
For myself, I believe that what Jesus meant by saying every sinner is enslaved by, addicted to, sin is that they have lost their free will as every choice reflects at least in part some element of evil desire which slowly leavens, corrupts, the whole character of the person.

This is in accord with Rom 7:18 ...For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

Robert Pate

Banned
Predestined just means that HIS fulfillment of the promise of election unto salvation would be perfectly fulfilled. We created our fates by our free will - HE predetermined our lives to perfectly reflect our choices and predestined those who were HIS elect to finish in heaven as HIS bride.

Jesus was predestinated to be the savior of the world, 1 John 2:2.

All that by their own free wills that trust in Jesus to be their savior are predestinated to have eternal life, Romans 8:29, 30.

God does not predestinate people to eternal life or to hell. If he did that he would be unjust and a sinner. God is no respecter of anyone's person, Acts 10:34.

Robert Pate

Banned
For myself, I believe that what Jesus meant by saying every sinner is enslaved by, addicted to, sin is that they have lost their free will as every choice reflects at least in part some element of evil desire which slowly leavens, corrupts, the whole character of the person.

This is in accord with Rom 7:18 ...[FONT=&]For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.[/FONT][FONT=&]19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.[/FONT][FONT=&]20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.[/FONT]

We have all been bitten by that old serpent the devil, this is why Paul wrote,

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.