The Gospel of the Kingdom and the plot twist.

Right Divider

Body part
Said Paul. And I mention this as a fact only, that the assertion that "Jesus gave Paul a different mission" was only made by Paul.
Might I add that Peter also confirmed Paul's ministry:

2Pet 3:15-16 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:15) And account [that] the longsuffering of our Lord [is] salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; (3:16) As also in all [his] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as [they do] also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Peter declares that Paul's epistles are scripture.

Hoping

Banned
Again... in that dispensation you see both Jews (thy people Israel) and the gentiles.

Just like this:
Rev 21:24-27 (AKJV/PCE)
(21:24) And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. (21:25) And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. (21:26) And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. (21:27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

In the body of Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek.
If there are no Jews or Greeks in the body of Christ, who is in the body of Christ?
Both !!!!
We are all one in Him.
We just don't rely on our nationality for salvation anymore.

Hoping

Banned
He turned her away and called her a dog. He helped her when she blessed Israel, likening herself to a dog compared to Israel.
Is this your blessing of Israel?..."And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs." (Mark 7:28)
As Jesus wouldn't do any good for the unfaithful Jews either, it seems faith is independent of nationality.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God separated Israel from the gentiles, why?
Certainly wasn't because they were better.
They failed over and over just like the Gentiles nations did.
So one would need to envision another reason as to "why".

Throughout history, even before Israel was formed, there were Gentile believers.
And likewise, even after Israel was formed, there were Gentile believers without them having to become a member of the nation of Israel.
Jesus even tells the people of such instances, as the Gentile widow and Namaan (Luke 4:25-27).

So follow the patterns in scripture.
Mankind was exiled from the garden with the promise of a seed of salvation from the woman (Eve).
At the Tower of Babel mankind was exiled and scattered, but still a promise of a seed of salvation from the woman (Sarah).

Patterns in scripture tell us the plan was to reconcile all of mankind back to the true living God.
That would be done by the true living God coming as the seed that would dwell among mankind veiled in flesh.
And that seed was Christ, not Israel.

Israel is a failure as all nations have been.
Only by the true seed could any have salvation and be reconciled to God.
God used all nations, including Israel, for that to happen.

Does that mean the God would no longer keep His promise that the 12 sons of Jacob would be a great nation?
No more than God's promise that the 12 sons of Ishmael would as well.

Right Divider

Body part
Certainly wasn't because they were better.
Did someone suggest any such thing?
They failed over and over just like the Gentiles nations did.
Indeed, humans are sinful by nature. That's why we need a new nature.
So one would need to envision another reason as to "why".
What does the scripture say?
Throughout history, even before Israel was formed, there were Gentile believers.
Indeed.
And likewise, even after Israel was formed, there were Gentile believers without them having to become a member of the nation of Israel.
Jesus even tells the people of such instances, as the Gentile widow and Namaan (Luke 4:25-27).
You seem to think that I'm knocking believing gentiles.
So follow the patterns in scripture.
Mankind was exiled from the garden with the promise of a seed of salvation from the woman (Eve).
At the Tower of Babel mankind was exiled and scattered, but still a promise of a seed of salvation from the woman (Sarah).

Patterns in scripture tell us the plan was to reconcile all of mankind back to the true living God.
That would be done by the true living God coming as the seed that would dwell among mankind veiled in flesh.
Again, did anyone suggest that the savior was Israel?
In the past and currently, but in the future that gets fixed by God.
Only by the true seed could any have salvation and be reconciled to God.
God used all nations, including Israel, for that to happen.
So was there no reason to separate Israel from other people?
Does that mean the God would no longer keep His promise that the 12 sons of Jacob would be a great nation?
No more than God's promise that the 12 sons of Ishmael would as well.
So you cannot tell the difference between Israel and other people (before and after the dispensation of the grace of God)?

Still silent on this?

(21:24) And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. (21:25) And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. (21:26) And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. (21:27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did someone suggest any such thing?
Nothing in my post said they did.

You seem to think that I'm knocking believing gentiles.
Nothing in my post said you did.

Again, did anyone suggest that the savior was Israel?

In the past and currently, but in the future that get fixed by God.
All nations get fixed by God.

So was there no reason to separate Israel from other people?
Nothing in my post says I said that.

So you cannot tell the difference between Israel and other people (before and after the dispensation of the grace of God)?
All needed the same Savior.
Doesn't mean one cannot tell the difference between an Israeli, or a Greek, or an American, etc.

Still silent on this?

And?
The OT prophets sill said that when Jews return they would be accompanied by Gentiles.
It happens for both because God wants them all.

Right Divider

Body part

Nothing in my post said you did.

All nations get fixed by God.

Nothing in my post says I said that.

All needed the same Savior.
Doesn't mean one cannot tell the difference between an Israeli, or a Greek, or an American, etc.

And?
The OT prophets sill said that when Jews return they would be accompanied by Gentiles.
It happens for both because God wants them all.
So again I must ask. If it's always the same in all regards for Jews and gentiles, why did God separate Israel from other people?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So again I must ask. If it's always the same in all regards for Jews and gentiles, why did God separate Israel from other people?
To prove to all the world that He was the faithful one and would keep His word from beginning to end to reconcile all back to Him.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
... why did God separate Israel from other people?

Isn't this the answer, which Tam has already provided?

... the plan was to reconcile all of mankind back to the true living God.

Only by the true seed could any have salvation and be reconciled to God. ...

The flesh Christ was veiled in, was Israelite (Judahite) flesh. By the time of Christ there were already lost tribes, but not Judah, not yet. Judah's lost now, along with all the other ones, in spite of what people with the surname "Cohen" and "Levi" might tell you, genetically all the tribes are smeared together into one "race" or ethnicity. But in those days Benjamin, Judah and Zadok (Levi) were still separate.

iow Judah isn't separated from the rest of Israel anymore. Israel was separated so that Christ would become Judahite flesh. I think that's what Tam said, why is that not the answer?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Isn't this the answer, which Tam has already provided?

It doesn't answer the question.

Just because Christ is the Seed doesn't answer the question as to why God separated out a nation for Himself.

Could not Christ have come from any nation, according to your reasoning?

Why specifically the nation of Israel?

The flesh Christ was veiled in, was Israelite (Judahite) flesh. By the time of Christ there were already lost tribes, but not Judah, not yet. Judah's lost now, along with all the other ones, in spite of what people with the surname "Cohen" and "Levi" might tell you, genetically all the tribes are smeared together into one "race" or ethnicity. But in those days Benjamin, Judah and Zadok (Levi) were still separate.

iow Judah isn't separated from the rest of Israel anymore. Israel was separated so that Christ would become Judahite flesh.

The question then becomes, "why was Israel separated so that Christ would becocme 'Judahite flesh'?"

What was the purpose BEHIND that reason?

I think that's what Tam said, why is that not the answer?

Because it doesn't actually provide solid reason.

Why did Jesus need to be "Judahite flesh"?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
It doesn't answer the question.

Just because Christ is the Seed doesn't answer the question as to why God separated out a nation for Himself.
Yes it does.
Could not Christ have come from any nation, according to your reasoning?
He could not just all of a sudden come from out of nowhere.
Why specifically the nation of Israel?
Why did God choose Abraham?
The question then becomes, "why was Israel separated so that Christ would becocme 'Judahite flesh'?"

What was the purpose BEHIND that reason?
Supra.
Because it doesn't actually provide solid reason.
Yes it does.
Why did Jesus need to be "Judahite flesh"?
Why did God choose Abraham?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber