The Gospel of the Kingdom and the plot twist.

Right Divider

Body part
That only helps to make the point that the kingdom gospel Jesus was preaching was not the future restored kingdom of Israel on earth, but was the eternal kingdom.
It was BOTH. It will be the restored and eternal kingdom of Israel. The kingdom of heaven.
In fact Jesus even told the disciples that the future restored kingdom of Israel on earth was not for them to even know the times or seasons about.
And? Where is the problem? When they asked about restoring the kingdom, they knew what they were talking about. They had just been given a FORTY day training course on the kingdom and that was the FIRST question that they asked. Jesus did not rebuke them in any way. Jesus just told them that they were not to know the time.
So it wasn't the kingdom Jesus was concerned with when He was preaching the kingdom gospel while He walked with His disciples during His earthly ministry or when He talked with them after His resurrection.
The kingdom gospel He preached was the superior eternal kingdom.
Again, it was BOTH! The earthly kingdom WILL BE the "superior eternal kingdom". When this prayer is fulfilled:

Matt 6:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:10) Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.

Right Divider

Body part
The OT told that the Jews would be regathered WITH Gentiles accompanying them.
All of eternity will have many nations with Israel at the head.

Rev 21:24-27 (AKJV/PCE)
(21:24) And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. (21:25) And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. (21:26) And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. (21:27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Hoping

Banned
'Enduring until the end' means survival for Jewish believers of the Davidic Kingdom gospel thru to the end of the tribulation, yet to come.
It can also be applied to anyone converted by faith.
Faith can be lost.
And you didn't answer my question, "When did the LORD Jesus return? When was His second coming?"
I don't remember seeing that question but I will answer it now.
Jesus has not yet returned with His flaming angels to take vengeance on the earth and its inhabitants.
Like the Jews of Jesus' time, you seem to be looking for a visible kingdom.
Rejoice in His kingdom's residency in your heart ! (Luke 17:20-21)

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
It can also be applied to anyone converted by faith.
Faith can be lost.

I don't remember seeing that question but I will answer it now.
Jesus has not yet returned with His flaming angels to take vengeance on the earth and its inhabitants.
Like the Jews of Jesus' time, you seem to be looking for a visible kingdom.
Rejoice in His kingdom's residency in your heart ! (Luke 17:20-21)

When I trusted in Christ's finished work alone for my justification before GOD I was sealed by the Holy Spirit until the future redemption of my physical body. It's a done deal and can't be lost.

When the LORD Jesus sent the twelve out to proclaim the Davidic kingdom gospel He told them that they would not complete their going forth to all the cities of Israel with that gospel before He would come again.
You have implied that the twelve went beyond Israel with their gospel, therefore either the twelve made it to all the cities and the LORD returned as He said, or they didn't make it around to all the cities and He didn't come.
The instructions were chronologically to win Jerusalem, then Judah, then Samaria and only then were they to go to the nations beyond.
They didn't complete the mission/assignment. Why not?

Or do you think that maybe Christ was mistaken in Matthew 10?
En genoito!

Last edited:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
ILike the Jews of Jesus' time, you seem to be looking for a visible kingdom.

Do you believe that Christ rose and ascended physically or have you believed in vain?

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain(futility).

1Co 15:13 But if there be no resurrection(anastasis) of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
1Co 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain(futile), and your faith is also vain(futile).

'anastasis' means to stand up again...physically.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Matthew 12
(18) Behold, my servant whom I have chosen, my beloved with whom my soul is well pleased. I will put my Spirit upon him, and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles.
(19) He will not quarrel or cry aloud, nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets;
(20) a bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not quench, until he brings justice to victory;
(21) and in his name the Gentiles will hope.

Hoping

Banned
When I trusted in Christ's finished work alone for my justification before GOD I was sealed by the Holy Spirit until the future redemption of my physical body. It's a done deal and can't be lost.
As the gift of the Holy Ghost is a "seal of the inheritance", a "down payment" of sorts, why do you consider it a done dead when it is not yet done?
Do you think Ananias and Sapphira, or Demas, or the adulterer in Corinth were a "done deal"?
They all left the faith.
When the LORD Jesus sent the twelve out to proclaim the Davidic kingdom gospel
My bible says "the kingdom of heaven". (Matt 10:7 KJV)
I see a difference between the two.
He told them that they would not complete their going forth to all the cities of Israel with that gospel before He would come again.
He did come, to their cities: as Matt 11:1 says..."And it came to pass, when Jesus had made an end of commanding his twelve disciples, he departed thence to teach and to preach in their cities."

The prophesy was a short term, not a long term prophesy.
You have implied that the twelve went beyond Israel with their gospel,
Eventually they did, as most were killed in far away places.
therefore either the twelve made it to all the cities and the LORD returned as He said, or they didn't make it around to all the cities and He didn't come.
The instructions were chronologically to win Jerusalem, then Judah, then Samaria and only then were they to go to the nations beyond.
They didn't complete the mission/assignment. Why not?
You are mixing the short term and the long term prophesies so that we end up with neither being satisfied.
The short term was to go only to the towns of Israel, and before they covered every one if them He would return to Jerusalem.
Only in the long term would the prophesy involve the entire world and He will return with His angels to take flaming vengeance on the earth's sinners.
Or do you think that maybe Christ was mistaken in Matthew 10?
En genoito!
No mistake.
Two prophesies in one telling.
Kind of like Jesus' prophesies in response to the apostles questions regarding His return and Jerusalem's destruction in Matt 24.

Hoping

Banned
Do you believe that Christ rose and ascended physically or have you believed in vain?
I believe Jesus ascended to heaven, after He was killed, buried, and raised from the dead.
1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain(futility).
The verse you posted does away with the "saved by faith only" syndrome, as it says "by which you are saved" regarding the gospel of Christ's resurrection.
Another thing beside faith by which we will be saved.
1Co 15:13 But if there be no resurrection(anastasis) of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
1Co 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain(futile), and your faith is also vain(futile).

'anastasis' means to stand up again...physically.
OK, thanks.

Right Divider

Body part
Matthew 12
(18) Behold, my servant whom I have chosen, my beloved with whom my soul is well pleased. I will put my Spirit upon him, and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles.
(19) He will not quarrel or cry aloud, nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets;
(20) a bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not quench, until he brings justice to victory;
(21) and in his name the Gentiles will hope.
Notice that He still makes the distinction between Jews (Israelite's) and gentiles. Again note what happens in the new Jerusalem:

(21:24) And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. (21:25) And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. (21:26) And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. (21:27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Note that verse 27 pertains to what it will be like when His will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Matthew 6:20

In the body of Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Notice that He still makes the distinction between Jews (Israelite's) and gentiles.
And???
So does Paul, and yet Paul still refers to all the faithful/believers as having no distinction whether they be Jew or Gentile.

When Jesus preached to the multitude at the sermon on the Mount, was anyone in the crowd excluded from that truth He spoke?

Right Divider

Body part
And???
So does Paul, and yet Paul still refers to all the faithful/believers as having no distinction whether they be Jew or Gentile.
God separated Israel from the gentiles, why?
When Jesus preached to the multitude at the sermon on the Mount, was anyone in the crowd excluded from that truth He spoke?
Jesus was quoting the OT prophets of Israel on the mount (Isaiah in particular) and Psalms.

Ps 37:11 (AKJV/PCE)
(37:11) But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Jesus was preaching to Israel.

Why does it bother you so that during the previous dispensation, God made a difference between Jews and gentiles?

In the current dispensation that difference has been eliminated. But it will be restored in the future. Why all the heartburn?

Also, why do you not respond to this quote?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God separated Israel from the gentiles
God created Israel from the Gentiles. of an old man and a barren woman.

And at the time Jesus walked the earth the land of Israel was flooded with Gentiles.
It would be a huge assumption to think that only Jews were in the large crowd He was preaching to.

Jesus was quoting the OT prophets of Israel
So did Paul.

Jesus was preaching in Galilee and those people followed Him.
So back up to chapter 4 to see what was quoted from Isaiah as being fulfilled:

Matthew 4
(12) Now when he heard that John had been arrested, he withdrew into Galilee.
(13) And leaving Nazareth he went and lived in Capernaum by the sea, in the territory of Zebulun and Naphtali,
(14) so that what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled:
(15) The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles
(16) the people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light, and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death, on them a light has dawned.

Right Divider

Body part
God created Israel from the Gentiles. of an old man and a barren woman.
Israel was their grandson.
And at the time Jesus walked the earth the land of Israel was flooded with Gentiles.
"Flooded"?
It would be a huge assumption to think that only Jews were in the large crowd He was preaching to.
I never said that it was "only Jews", but that Jesus was preaching to Israel. Particularly since Jesus came as "a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises [made] unto the fathers". "The fathers", were the fathers of Israel (Abraham, Isaac and Jacob [Israel]).

So did Paul.
Paul often user the OT and many times he changed the context.
Jesus was preaching in Galilee and those people followed Him.
So back up to chapter 4 to see what was quoted from Isaiah as being fulfilled:

Matthew 4
(12) Now when he heard that John had been arrested, he withdrew into Galilee.
(13) And leaving Nazareth he went and lived in Capernaum by the sea, in the territory of Zebulun and Naphtali,
(14) so that what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled:
(15) The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles
(16) the people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light, and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death, on them a light has dawned.
Yes, one day the king of Israel will "reign over the gentiles".

Rom 15:8-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:8) Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises [made] unto the fathers: (15:9) And that the Gentiles might glorify God for [his] mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. (15:10) And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people. (15:11) And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people. (15:12) And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Again, what about this? It happens in the new earth and the new Jerusalem.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Israel was their grandson.
Jacob's parents and grandparents were Gentiles.
The nation of Israel was formed from Gentiles.

Paul often user the OT and many times he changed the context.
So did Matthew.

Matthew 2
(15) and remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, “Out of Egypt I called my son.”

Matthew turned a multitude of people that came out of Egypt into the single person of Jesus.
Paul does likewise when he says the "seed" of Abraham was a single person.

Right Divider

Body part
Jacob's parents and grandparents were Gentiles.
The nation of Israel was formed from Gentiles.
Sort of... God separated Israel from the gentiles as I already said.

Lev 20:24 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:24) But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I [am] the LORD your God, which have separated you from [other] people.
So did Matthew.

Matthew 2
(15) and remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, “Out of Egypt I called my son.”

Matthew turned a multitude of people that came out of Egypt into the single person of Jesus.
Paul does likewise when he says the "seed" of Abraham was a single person.
Why did God separate Israel from "other people"?

And what about this?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Only in the long term would the prophesy involve the entire world and He will return with His angels to take flaming vengeance on the earth's sinners.
I've already experienced it.
It is long term, but for me, it has already come to pass.
Long term: I'm not the last one. ;)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Luke 2
(25) And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
(26) And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
(27) And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
(28) Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
(29) Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
(30) For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
(31) Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
(32) A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Luke 2
(25) And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
(26) And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
(27) And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
Yea.

Right Divider

Body part
Luke 2
Again... in that dispensation you see both Jews (thy people Israel) and the gentiles.

Just like this:

In the body of Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek.