ECT The failure of the Bible or God is not resolved by a future Israel

Danoh

People are very much lost when it comes to descendants of Abraham actually inhabiting the promised land.

There is not a Hebrew alive today that can legitimately trace their heritage back to a specific tribe... therefore those Hebrews inhabiting the promised land today are doing it in direct violation of the law.

Even though they are inhabiting the land and call themselves Israel, they are not the Israel of the Old Testament... and are owed nothing by God as far as promises goes... if anything, they are cursed by him.

So now you and yours are experts in DNA technology, have exhausted it the world over, and found it wanting, lol

The lol is to your books based reasoning...

Where a person learns how to reason about things through books about this and that, and never really learns to properly dissect a thing from within its own scope, setting and context.

The result?

Yours and your kind's never ending, ever the same, "one size fits all" type of reasoning about all things - through said same lens.

Interplanner

One size of what?

Fits all what?

You think you have some kind of secure tower based on that cliche, and I have no idea what you mean.

HisServant

So now you and yours are experts in DNA technology, have exhausted it the world over, and found it wanting, lol

The lol is to your books based reasoning...

Where a person learns how to reason about things through books about this and that, and never really learns to properly dissect a thing from within its own scope, setting and context.

The result?

Yours and your kind's never ending, ever the same, "one size fits all" type of reasoning about all things - through said same lens.

This is not about DNA, it is about the land records that used to be kept by each tribe.. that have totally been destroyed. They should have been maintained even while away from the land and inheritors kept track of, that way when they returned they would have known where their ancestral properties were and take possession of them.

Instead we have a western real property system there where if you have the money you can purchase a piece of land anywhere you wish..

And like I said, no 'jew' currently living in Israel can lay legitimate claim to a single square inch of property and are nothing more than squatters.

achduke

This is not about DNA, it is about the land records that used to be kept by each tribe.. that have totally been destroyed. They should have been maintained even while away from the land and inheritors kept track of, that way when they returned they would have known where their ancestral properties were and take possession of them.

Instead we have a western real property system there where if you have the money you can purchase a piece of land anywhere you wish..

And like I said, no 'jew' currently living in Israel can lay legitimate claim to a single square inch of property and are nothing more than squatters.

Thank you,

That makes more sense. When Christ comes back these little issues will be solved.

achduke

What would his return accomplish?

Rev 21:2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 14:1 Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father's name written on their foreheads.

HisServant

Rev 21:2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 14:1 Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father's name written on their foreheads.

That is in Revelation... written in the Hebrew Apocalyptic Style.. It was never meant to be taken literally.

achduke

That is in Revelation... written in the Hebrew Apocalyptic Style.. It was never meant to be taken literally.

It is not hard to understand Revelation. Zechariah has the same visions. Is Zechariah not meant to be taken literal also?

HisServant

It is not hard to understand Revelation. Zechariah has the same visions. Is Zechariah not meant to be taken literal also?

Both sections were written in the same style.

The best explanation I have heard for them is that they were akin to a political cartoon of their times. Without understanding what the symbolism meant at the time, its very difficult to understand that style of writing.

In the end, it doesn't really matter to the hear and now... we all have work to get about doing. Staring at the stars or using his return as an excuse for inaction is pathetic.

achduke

Both sections were written in the same style.

The best explanation I have heard for them is that they were akin to a political cartoon of their times. Without understanding what the symbolism meant at the time, its very difficult to understand that style of writing.

In the end, it doesn't really matter to the hear and now... we all have work to get about doing. Staring at the stars or using his return as an excuse for inaction is pathetic.

It helps to know the appointed times for understanding Revelation.

1 Thessalonians 5:1 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you.

1 Thessalonians 5:4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.

HisServant

It helps to know the appointed times for understanding Revelation.

1 Thessalonians 5:1 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you.

1 Thessalonians 5:4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.

Jesus and John both spoke about the appointed times... and they have elapsed.

Why did you explain their words away in favor of your own timelines?

achduke

Jesus and John both spoke about the appointed times... and they have elapsed.

Why did you explain their words away in favor of your own timelines?

The appointed times say forever. How are they done away with? Many events happen again and again on God's appointments. Can you show where they are completely be done away with? Also when is forever not for ever?

HisServant

The appointed times say forever. How are they done away with? Many events happen again and again on God's appointments. Can you show where they are completely be done away with? Also when is forever not for ever?

Forever is not forever all over scripture. Hebrew doesn't really have the concept of infinity.

Yet, Jesus was quite specific about when he would return... and John is specific about when Revelation would be fulfilled.. 'soon'.

You either believe the two of them or you invent your own religion, like the dispensationalists have.

Danoh

Your "one size fits all" template, or bias, reads from said template, only to conclude what it does, from said template.

My point was that if puny man is rapidly approaching the needed technology, and that, from the mind of Adam given him by God, I doubt the "proving" you assert impossible, is impossible for Him.

But we disagree on that also.

And no, I do not look to current events as to some 1948 notion. That is the mis-fire of Acts 2 Dispensationalism.

My bias is what my contrastive analysis of recurrent patterns in Scripture leads me to - Acts 9:6 Dispensationalism (A9D), aka, M.A.D.

No "books" supposedly "about the Bible" needed, Matt. 4:4; Rom. 16:25; 1 Cor. 2: 11-13; 2 Tim. 3:16-17, et al.

achduke

Forever is not forever all over scripture. Hebrew doesn't really have the concept of infinity.

Yet, Jesus was quite specific about when he would return... and John is specific about when Revelation would be fulfilled.. 'soon'.

You either believe the two of them or you invent your own religion, like the dispensationalists have.

What is soon to God?

Psalms 90:4 A thousand years in your sight
are like a day that has just gone by,
or like a watch in the night.

2 Peter 3:8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

Hosea 6:2 After two days he will revive us;
on the third day he will restore us,
that we may live in his presence.

How do you explain Zechariah 14:16? This has not happened.

Zechariah 14:16 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.

HisServant

What is soon to God?

Psalms 90:4 A thousand years in your sight
are like a day that has just gone by,
or like a watch in the night.

2 Peter 3:8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

Hosea 6:2 After two days he will revive us;
on the third day he will restore us,
that we may live in his presence.

How do you explain Zechariah 14:16? This has not happened.

Zechariah 14:16 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.

Sorry, but that try and explaining away soon is just lame.

As far as Zechariah... its no ones job to explain that... or you fall into the same group that denied and crucified Christ (just as your group would do if he were to appear on the scene again today... I have no doubt you would have him killed if given the opportunity.)

achduke

Sorry, but that try and explaining away soon is just lame.

In your opinion.

As far as Zechariah... its no ones job to explain that... or you fall into the same group that denied and crucified Christ (just as your group would do if he were to appear on the scene again today...

I believe the whole bible. I do not pick it apart and disregard the parts that do not fit my beliefs. You are doing the same as others if you disregard Zechariah.

I have no doubt you would have him killed if given the opportunity.)

I think you are reaching a little here. I think the whole bible relates to God and Christ.

HisServant

In your opinion.

I believe the whole bible. I do not pick it apart and disregard the parts that do not fit my beliefs. You are doing the same as others if you disregard Zechariah.

I think you are reaching a little here. I think the whole bible relates to God and Christ.

I believe the whole bible too, but it needs to be understood in the context of when it was written and to who. Also that there are 66 different books of the bible that was assembled by man.. and that verses are not interchangeable across the centuries and target audience.

Its not a how to book... its a witness.

achduke

I believe the whole bible too, but it needs to be understood in the context of when it was written and to who. Also that there are 66 different books of the bible that was assembled by man.. and that verses are not interchangeable across the centuries and target audience.

Its not a how to book... its a witness.

Zechariah is talking about ALL nations year after year. This had not happened yet and the context is far reaching.