"The End of the World(TM)"?

Hoping

Banned
Does the law of Israel apply to you or not? Do you do and observe what the pharisee says to do and observe? Do you sacrifice a bull without blemish? Do you apply the law of Israel to you?
Those words which seem to be from me were NOT FROM ME.
So, back to this question...
What applies to me is the Law of Christ.
Love God with all your heart, strength, mind, and soul, and love your neighbor as you love yourself.
As not murdering, not stealing, not telling lies, and not committing adultery, etc. are covered by both the Law of Moses and the Law of Christ, those parts do apply to all men.
Myself included.
I have no need for circumcision, dietary rules, tithing, feast keeping, or sabbath keeping.
Or for hundreds of other man made regulations meant to separate Israel from the world around them in the OT.
Colossians 2: 8, 14, 16-17, 18-19, 20-22.explains it fairly well...
"8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22 Which all are to perish with the using, after the commandments and doctrines of men?

I hope that answers your question.

Last edited:

SKC

Question:
Where does scripture define imminent as nothing has to happen beforehand?
We may not find a definition for "imminent in Scripture. but it is implied in this and other similar verses: Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. (Mt 25:13). The context is the Parable of the Ten Virgins.

Hoping

Banned
We may not find a definition for "imminent in Scripture. but it is implied in this and other similar verses: Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. (Mt 25:13). The context is the Parable of the Ten Virgins.
Welcome to the site.
Good post.

Reactions: SKC

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep.
Repeated several times in scripture that no one will know when Jesus returns.

Mark 13:33-36 KJV​
Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.​
For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.​
Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:​
Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.​
Luke 12:46 KJV​
The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.​

Not only will no one know when it will come about, but it is also said to be "near".

James 5:8 KJV​
Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.​

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As Paul makes it clear that there will be no murderers, liars, thieves, or adulterers, etc., going to heaven, (Gal 5, Eph 5), it seems some of the Israeli Laws are in still in effect for NT converts.
Does Israel’s law apply to the body of Christ yes or no?
That wasn't for you, but you found the need to misdirect. Are you ready to answer? Anyone? Does anyone here who says they are in Christ keep the ceremonial law? These you ought to do, without leaving the others undone. Yes or no, do you keep the laws for Israel?

Hoping

Banned
That wasn't for you, but you found the need to misdirect. Are you ready to answer? Anyone? Does anyone here who says they are in Christ keep the ceremonial law? These you ought to do, without leaving the others undone. Yes or no, do you keep the laws for Israel?
I will re-post my answer...
What applies to me is the Law of Christ.
Love God with all your heart, strength, mind, and soul, and love your neighbor as you love yourself.
As not murdering, not stealing, not telling lies, and not committing adultery, etc. are covered by both the Law of Moses and the Law of Christ, those parts do apply to all men.
Myself included.
I have no need for circumcision, dietary rules, tithing, feast keeping, or sabbath keeping.
Or for hundreds of other man made regulations meant to separate Israel from the world around them in the OT.
Colossians 2: 8, 14, 16-17, 18-19, 20-22.explains it fairly well...
"8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22 Which all are to perish with the using, after the commandments and doctrines of men?

I hope that answers your question.

Gary K

Banned
The ten commandments are not part of the ceremonial law. They were written on two tables of stone. The ceremonial law was not.

If you consider yourself a new covenant Christian then the law of God applies to you. Paul clearly tells us this in 2 Corinthians chapter 3.

2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

The new covenant is quoted verbatim by Paul in Hebrews which says that God will write his Law in the heart and he also tells us in Romans 10:12 and Galatians 3:28 there is neither Jew nor Greek in Christ

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The new covenant is quoted verbatim by Paul in Hebrews which says that God will write his Law in the heart and he also tells us in Romans 10:12 and Galatians 3:28 there is neither Jew nor Greek in Christ

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Who is 'them/their'?

Gary K

Banned
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Who is 'them/their'?
I see you are ignoring the fact that Paul tells us there is no Jew nor Greek in Christ. He also tells us in Ephesians that Jesus broke down the middle wall of partition.

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I see you are ignoring the fact that Paul tells us there is no Jew nor Greek in Christ.

Guarantee you that he isn't ignoring it at all...

And neither do I.

We (Steko and I) agree that in the Body there is no difference between Jew and Gentile.

So, with that in mind, to whom is the "them/their" referring?

Gary K

Banned
Guarantee you that he isn't ignoring it at all...

And neither do I.

We (Steko and I) agree that in the Body there is no difference between Jew and Gentile.

So, with that in mind, to whom is the "them/their" referring?
To all of us. You and I and Ben Avram (sp?).

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

So, since you believe that Hebrews was written to you, and that you are under the New Covenant.... what tribe are you from?

Or were you not aware that the New Covenant was made with the house of Israel and the house of Judah?

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah —not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord.For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”In that He says, “ A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away. - Hebrews 8:7-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews8:7-13&version=NKJV