The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Doesn't it bother you that there are TWO flat surfaces in the table explanation of your video. There is one surface that the camera sits on and then there is a second surface that the "sun" is moving on. How is this analogous in any way to a light source on a circular path above a disk?

I'm not sure what your point is. Please explain more.

--Dave

Right Divider

Body part
The point of horizon magnification is that the sun looks the same size as it sets but actually is not.
There is not a shred of scientific evidence to support that fallacious claim.

• ONE MINUTE, you are claiming that the sun is magnified "just right" under all kinds of varying conditions to maintain the IDENTICAL size at sunset as at midday.
  • The NEXT MINUTE, you claim that the sun gets smaller... so small that it vanishes.
You are a double-minded man that is either completely confused or you are a bold-faced liar.

Silly video is not an intelligent argument.
Of course it is Mr. Fallacious Logic

Your "over saturation" argument is nothing more than an attempt to dismiss what you don't want to see and don't want anyone else to see.

--Dave
Nope, it's a statement of fact. Something that you are completely unfamiliar with.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I'm not sure what your point is. Please explain more.

--Dave

Watch your own video. You will see exactly what I am talking about. Look at the table. Look at where the camera is relative to that table. What does that table represent in the flat Earth construct?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Sun/Moon DO Change Size!

This may be the best video of the sun changing size.

The author explains that video of the sun not changing size is because they are only short segments at sunset through a telephoto lens that captures the sun after it has already gotten smaller. Taking photos or making a video at sunset is where horizon magnification may also be occuring.

By isolating segments one can easily say it represents the whole picture when it does not.

The theory of evolution is entirely built on this method. There are changes in the fossil record but they represent diversification and dispersion of a created type/kind, not a gradual development that forms new types/kinds over time. We know this from the overall picture of the fossil record that has huge gaps that evolutionists must image to have existed as the transitional types needed to prove evolution to be true.

It seems to me that we can isolate a segment of the sun staying the same size but when we see the whole picture it does change size. Let everyone decide for themselves, I won't call you names and challenge your sanity if you don't see it as I do.

This to me is not enough to prove the earth is flat, it's evidence only. There are other hurdles that FE must overcome.

--Dave

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The Sun/Moon DO Change Size!

This may be the best video of the sun changing size.

The author explains that video of the sun not changing size is because they are only short segments at sunset through a telephoto lens that captures the sun after it has already gotten smaller. Taking photos or making a video at sunset is where horizon magnification may also be occuring.

By isolating segments one can easily say it represents the whole picture when it does not.

The theory of evolution is entirely built on this method. There are changes in the fossil record but they represent diversification and dispersion of a created type/kind, not a gradual development that forms new types/kinds over time. We know this from the overall picture of the fossil record that has huge gaps that evolutionists must image to have existed as the transitional types needed to prove evolution to be true.

It seems to me that we can isolate a segment of the sun staying the same size but when we see the whole picture it does change size. Let everyone decide for themselves, I won't call you names and challenge your sanity if you don't see it as I do.

This to me is not enough to prove the earth is flat, it's evidence only. There are other hurdles that FE must overcome.

--Dave

Just go outside and take your own photos David! These Youtubers are liars.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Just go outside and take your own photos David! These Youtubers are liars.

Just saying someone is lying is not an argument.

The videos speak for themselves. Did you view them?

No one can sit outside all day to view the entire movement of the sun from sunup to sundown. Time lapse video does that for us.

--Dave

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
THE most undeniable proof of the Flat Earth SUN!

More video evidence.

--Dave

If the earth was flat, the view of a disappearing/appearing sun from above the clouds would be different than the view at the ground. This is not what the video shows.

Above the clouds the sun would dwindle in size and intensity but never completely disappear; and then increase in size to be comparatively large when it is overhead.
This is not our experience, even taking into account the lens effect. From a 45 degree declination to nearly overhead, we should notice a nearly 50% increase in diameter. We don't.

Viewed from the ground, horizon cover could theoretically hide the sun if the earth were flat but, on a moonless night, some kind of a glow should still be visible in the sun's direction. On a dark night, even a candle is visible up to 30 miles.
A candle is approx. 0.01876 Watts.
The sun emits approx. 250 watts per sq. meter onto the earth. (Tested and proven by solar panels)
That means that the sun emits 1,575,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times more light energy than a candle.

The other tip off is that the sun disappears below the horizon quickly. I saw the sun going down in a red ball the other night and ran for my camera. Before I could get down to the lake, it had set.
From earth's perspective the sun moves its own arc diameter every 2 minutes. If it is perpendicular to the horizon, this is exactly the amount of time it takes to disappear over the horizon. The further north or south you are, it will take longer because it is descending at an angle to the horizon. I am very close to the 45th parallel which means that, in a few weeks, it will be directly overhead at noon.

A sunset/sunrise takes exactly the same amount of time at the ground or above the clouds. For this reason alone, the earth cannot be flat.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Just saying someone is lying is not an argument.
It wasn't intended to be.

The videos speak for themselves. Did you view them?
Would you watch a video that claims to prove the Paul was not an apostle?

If so, you'd be wasting your time just as I would be wasting my time watching a single second of another flat earth video. I haven't watched any for months nor will I. I've told you this many times already. I'm way past being done with flat earth videos. You want me to respond to an argument, you're going to have to make it yourself.

No one can sit outside all day to view the entire movement of the sun from sunup to sundown. Time lapse video does that for us.

--Dave
Actually it wouldn't take all day. You could start in the morning, take a single photo every hour and be done around noon. You might spend a cumulative 15 whole minutes taking the actual photos. Then it's just a matter of pulling the photos up on your computer and measuring how many pixels wide each image of the sun is. There won't be a 1% difference between any two of the photos.

You can do the exact same thing with the Moon which happens to be the same apparent size as the Sun. The Moon is a lot easier to photograph because it doesn't require any special filters or other equipment. Any camera with even a very modest zoom lens will do. In fact, you could do it on your cell phone if you have a way of holding it still.

Clete

Status
Not open for further replies.