The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Due west @ 21:00 hours (02:00 UTC) @ my back yard (click on image for full sized pic)...

The greenish light on the right is a large yard light in my neighbor's yard (I hate it!)
Notice the position of the Sun shown by the app nearly off the right side of the screen about -10° or so below the horizon.
Notice also just the remnants of sky glow due to the Sun being BELOW the horizon. Now way to do that on a flat Earth. If the Earth was flat, the Sun would fade into the distance and look like Venus, which, if you're participating, you'll see in the western sky this evening. It's actually visible in my photo just above the tree on the right side of the image.

View attachment 26382
I get an invalid link message with your attachment link.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It doesn't work for me either.
I'm on laptop at home.

Says:

Vbulletin report
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I changed the file format to jpg and added the new image to the posts. If you now see two links, click the second one and see if it works.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Clete if you can just use the image uploader here on TOL so there are no broken attachment issues.

I do!

Clicking the little 'insert image' icon above where you type the post is the only way I know of to put a picture in a post. I've never had so much trouble with this sort of thing. :idunno:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I do!

Clicking the little 'insert image' icon above where you type the post is the only way I know of to put a picture in a post. I've never had so much trouble with this sort of thing. :idunno:
This is what I'm seeing:

096308b2fd7310763b6f60defcd868b6.jpg

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am in the Denver area. Here are my preliminary pics. I will do it again tomorrow with the Spyglass app. Plus it was really cloudy today and kinda hard to get a clear shot of the sun.

At 1UTC the sky to my west looked like this. The sun was well up in the sky but behind some clouds. (7:02PM Mountain time)
View attachment 26389

At 2UTC the sun had set and was no longer visible. But the sky was still about the same color. (8:02PM Mountain Time)
View attachment 26390

At 3UTC the sky had gone dark. This was about 8:58PM Mountain Time.
View attachment 26391

Status
Not open for further replies.