The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'll take some pictures on my android, but for me, the hard part will be getting them from there to my computer and then to the forum.
I will try to take my picture today but currently we are under complete cloud cover so I may have to shoot for tomorrow. The best pics will be with a fairly clear sky so we can see the position of the sun.

AHPeeb

Will do.
I just walked outside for the first time since 5am EST, it's a little cloudy but we'll see what happens by 9. I can do it tomorrow too.
I like this idea
Yes please do!

You need to take your picture at 9PM

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Right Divider

Body part
Hey if anyone else wants to contribute please do so.

Take a picture (due west) at 8PM Central Standard time with your phone camera and post it here on TOL. Also make sure to let us know the approximate location of where you took the picture and what time it was local to you. Maybe we can do this over the span of a few days and see what we come up with.

In essence we will all be taking a picture at about the exact same time.

What time zone are you in and where do you live?

Isn't it 2:30PM CT right now?
I'm in the Central US timezone (near Chicago) ... but we are not currently on standard time.

So 8 PM Central Standard Time would be a 9 PM Central Daylight Time, which would be about 1 hour after sunset.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Since we might have people taking pictures from multiple locations it might be fun to take a pic on the hour, every hour for a few hours such as.... 1AM UTC, 2AM UTC, 3AM UTC and then post them here on TOL so we can compare. And please don't forget to post the approximate location of where you are taking your pics.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
If you have an iPhone, the clock app on the home screen will tell you what time it is UTC.

Here in Texas, we're 5 hours behind UTC which means 01:00 UTC is 20:00 CDT here.

Knight, would you prefer the camera oriented vertically or horizontally? (I'll take one both ways.)

Also, for consistency, no one should have the camera zoomed in at all.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you have an iPhone, the clock app on the home screen will tell you what time it is UTC.

Here in Texas, we're 5 hours behind UTC which means 01:00 UTC is 20:00 CDT here.

Knight, would you prefer the camera oriented vertically or horizontally? (I'll take one both ways.)
I think landscape would be best i.e., horizontal.

Also, for consistency, no one should have the camera zoomed in at all.
I think that's a wise suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.