Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I've seen footage of both, with curvature and flat.

The flat ones are from independent balloons and rockets, the ones with curvature are from NASA, SpaceX, or Discovery Channel. How can this be?

SpaceX is a private company. So is Discovery Channel. There's also Virgin Galactic, but I haven't heard too much from them in recent years.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
IN science, we use nat attic a models to make predictions about things, the workings of gravity. Nobody made anything up. The models predicted that gravity waves would exist if the model was correct. Recently gravity waves were observed and measured. In science, that verifies the validity of the models. It is an ex it ing time in science when a long standing hypothesis is verified. Yo use your words, the gravity waves were proof that your original post stating that gravity waves have not been detected is now wrong.

And just where do gravity waves not exist?

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
David,

If I prove that the Earth is not flat, will you drop Christianity on the basis that the bible has been falsified?

That is a serious question. I'd appreciate a straight answer.

Clete

Since you think you have already proven it many time already why even bother asking this question?

Christianity is about Christ not cosmology.

No one has "proven" the curvature or motion of the earth. We are always being ask to "believe" what we cannot see which makes this a matter of faith.

That the Biblical stories have been rejected as being a historical and literal account of human origin and the origin of the universe along with the account of human destiny and coming apocalypse because of heliocentrism and evolution is already a known fact.

From earth, a globe lacks verifiable empirical evidence from both ground and sky--accept from NASA. Their credibility has been destroyed by fake moon landing missions.

--Dave

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
People keep asking why the globe? Why lie about it? Who lied? Why Why Why? Please watch - it starts at 3 minutes - laugh it off at your peril -

38 minute documentary

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Flat Earth theory.... it's what happens when people who have no idea what they are talking about regarding science, physics, math, geography, astronomy, perspective, computer graphics, history, digital video, pretend they know more than the people who do know about these subjects. :rotfl:

Atheists say, "Belief in God, Christ, the Bible...it's what happens when people have no idea what they are talking about regarding science, physics, math, geography, astronomy, and cosmology."

--Dave

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Atheists say, "Belief in God, Christ, the Bible...it's what happens when people have no idea what they are talking about regarding science, physics, math, geography, astronomy, and cosmology."

--Dave
They don't mind ignoring the clear plain words of God and mocking Christians who think flat earth is possible. It's the cool thing to do here. I get much more support on other forums. Earth is geostationary at the very least.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Since you think you have already proven it many time already why even bother asking this question?

No one has "proven" the curvature or motion of the earth. We are always being ask to "believe" what we cannot see which makes this a matter of faith.

That the Biblical stories have been rejected as being a historical and literal account of human origin and the origin of the universe along with the account of human destiny and coming apocalypse because of heliocentrism and evolution is already a known fact.

From earth, a globe lacks verifiable empirical evidence from both ground and sky--accept from NASA. Their credibility has been destroyed by fake moon landing missions.

--Dave

Answer the question, Dave.

QUOTE=Clete;5226513

David,

If I prove that the Earth is not flat, will you drop Christianity on the basis that the bible has been falsified?

That is a serious question. I'd appreciate a straight answer.

Clete

/QUOTE
[MENTION=2589]Clete[/MENTION]

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Good point! Except that I'm asking the question for a specific reason.

Yeah, yeah. yeah. You wouldn't know anything about Christ if not for the bible. If the bible is falsified, Christ goes out the window.

No one has "proven" the curvature or motion of the earth.
Saying it doesn't make it so, David.

We are always being ask to "believe" what we cannot see which makes this a matter of faith.
So what if it could be seen, would you drop the bible as false or not?

No, David. Those things were invented to replace already rejected biblical truths. In other words, the fantacy of evolution and much of what passes for science came after and as a result of the rejection of the Bible, not the other way around.

From earth, a globe lacks verifiable empirical evidence from both ground and sky--accept from NASA.
I've shown you multiple times how this is not true. The only response I get from you is this tripe. I count it as a lie. As I've also said before, I don't understand you any longer. I don't know what your motives are and I'm quite near writing you off completely as someone who somehow has tragically lost his mind and is no longer worth my time but it is clear that a search for the truth doesn't have much to do with whatever it is you're doing here.

Their credibility has been destroyed by fake moon landing missions.
There are two people engaged in this discussion who's credibility has been destroyed. Their names are David and Patrick.

Now, I ask you again for a straight answer. If I prove (empirically) that the Earth is flat (which I am not committing myself to doing yet), will you reject the bible, and Christianity by extension, as false? There is a reason I'm asking this David. Don't be afraid. Just give me an honest answer. I suspect I know the answer already.

Clete

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Um, I think you typo'd. Is this correct?

Now, I ask you again for a straight answer. If I prove (empirically) that the Earth is flat round (or at least, not flat, as you said above) (which I am not committing myself to doing yet), will you reject the bible, and Christianity by extension, as false? There is a reason I'm asking this David. Don't be afraid. Just give me an honest answer. I suspect I know the answer already.

Clete

Cheers!

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Since we now know they exist, they can exist wherever they propagate.

Another irrational cosmological construction.

Gravity waves are everywhere in the entire universe so they cannot be detected only in one place and be undetected everywhere else.

It's like saying we have detected a large wave in the ocean so now we know waves exist.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Good point! Except that I'm asking the question for a specific reason.

Yeah, yeah. yeah. You wouldn't know anything about Christ if not for the bible. If the bible is falsified, Christ goes out the window.

Saying it doesn't make it so, David.

So what if it could be seen, would you drop the bible as false or not?

No, David. Those things were invented to replace already rejected biblical truths. In other words, the fantacy of evolution and much of what passes for science came after and as a result of the rejection of the Bible, not the other way around.

I've shown you multiple times how this is not true. The only response I get from you is this tripe. I count it as a lie. As I've also said before, I don't understand you any longer. I don't know what your motives are and I'm quite near writing you off completely as someone who somehow has tragically lost his mind and is no longer worth my time but it is clear that a search for the truth doesn't have much to do with whatever it is you're doing here.

There are two people engaged in this discussion who's credibility has been destroyed. Their names are David and Patrick.

Now, I ask you again for a straight answer. If I prove (empirically) that the Earth is flat (which I am not committing myself to doing yet), will you reject the bible, and Christianity by extension, as false? There is a reason I'm asking this David. Don't be afraid. Just give me an honest answer. I suspect I know the answer already.

Clete

My answer is no. Christianity is not dependent on cosmology. I have said many times that this subject does not affect salvation.

That does not mean that "the World" (and those who turn away from the Christianity they once believed in) will not be deceived into rejecting Christianity and that the basis of that rejection will be the evolution of both cosmos and man. Heliocentrism is the basis for the evolution of both. Christians at some point have to reject what heliocentrism has become regardless of original intent.

Most Christians today want to accept both Christ and Copernicus as if both are Biblical and infallible. But at what point do we reject modernity's evolving heliocentrism cosmologies of spacetime relativity, multi galaxies, infinite multiverses, quantum physics, life on other planets?

Flat earth has a strong case and many, like me, are giving it serious consideration. If you think you can debunk it in a way the common man can test and validate then please do. I will be ready this summer to test and see for myself.

--Dave

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Another irrational cosmological construction.

Gravity waves are everywhere in the entire universe so they cannot be detected only in one place and be undetected everywhere else.

It's like saying we have detected a large wave in the ocean so now we know waves exist.

--Dave
Now that we have the technology to detect them, we will begin to refine and detect more. Detecting gravity waves is not like detecting ocean waves. We had a prediction and it has had its first verification. Now we will watch other scientists do the similar experiments and collect data.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Now that we have the technology to detect them, we will begin to refine and detect more. Detecting gravity waves is not like detecting ocean waves. We had a prediction and it has had its first verification. Now we will watch other scientists do the similar experiments and collect data.

See, the irrationality of today's cosmology. You don't even know how to answer the objection. What is said to be everywhere cannot be detected only somewhere. What is everywhere must be detected everywhere. Cosmology is not built on logic.

--Dave

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
My answer is no.
Good!

Because I'm quite likely to prove the Earth to be round with my own equipment.

The reason I asked was to gauge how married you were to the idea that the bible teaches the Earth to be flat (which it doesn't at all - by the way).

If the passages of scripture taught what you implied, your "No" answer would be the wrong answer. The point being, of course, that they do not teach what you imply and your unwillingness to hinge your faith on the idea that they do is proof that you know that they don't.

In fact, your use a scripture is akin to the way the Calvinists use scripture. It's irrational and ought to be offensive to any mind searching for the truth. Your own website is proof that you know better.

Christianity is not dependent on cosmology. I have said many times that this subject does not affect salvation.
It affects the salvation of the lost who hear mindless Christian suggest the the Earth is flat and reject the whole thing based on their stupidity.

Further, Christianity absolutely is cosmology.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth.

It goes on from there but that first sentence is a foundational one and it is undoubtedly a cosmological in nature, wouldn't you agree?

That does not mean that "the World" (and those who turn away from the Christianity they once believed in) will not be deceived into rejecting Christianity and that the basis of that rejection will be the evolution of both cosmos and man. Heliocentrism is the basis for the evolution of both. Christians at some point have to reject what heliocentrism has become regardless of original intent.
This is stupid, David. Not only is it a false premise but it would an irrelevant one anyway. I don't care who figured it out or what their motives where for doing the science. Facts are facts. The Earth either orbits the Sun or it doesn't. You don't reject facts of relativity based on who figured them out or why.

Most Christians today want to accept both Christ and Copernicus as if both are Biblical and infallible.
False premise. Copernicus is not anti-biblical. They two are not in conflict, as your "no" answer implies.

But at what point do we reject modernity's evolving heliocentrism cosmologies of spacetime relativity, multi galaxies, infinite multiverses, quantum physics, life on other planets?
This sort of thinking is what got the inquisition started, David. You reject ideas/theories as false at the point at which they diverge from reality. That's what science is supposed to be about. You don't reject them based on their philosophical origins. Their origins may be a good reason to investigate their veracity but not reason enough to reject them.

Flat earth has a strong case
No, it doesn't David. The idea of a flat earth has, in fact, been proven wrong several times on this thread alone not to mention over several centuries of history.

and many, like me, are giving it serious consideration.
You're well past the consideration stage. You've bought this stupidity hook line and sinker.

If you think you can debunk it in a way the common man can test and validate then please do. I will be ready this summer to test and see for myself.

--Dave
It took me less than ten minutes to figure out the method. It's simple. If I was comfortable leaving a multi thousand dollar telescope unattended for anything length of time, I'd have done a long time ago.

Clete

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
See, the irrationality of today's cosmology. You don't even know how to answer the objection. What is said to be everywhere cannot be detected only somewhere. What is everywhere must be detected everywhere. Cosmology is not built on logic.

--Dave
Yes it is. But it takes time to develop the equipment that is capable of collecting the data. The ancient Greeks were the first to hypothesis the atom. In the early 1800's, the first evidence base hypothesis was put forward. The first time we actually saw an atom was in about 2013. That is roughly two hundred years to develop the equipment capable of seeing an atom. Did atom not exist until we developed the equipment to see it? Of course not! Same with cosmology. The hypothesis comes first, frequently from a mathematical model, and then the work begins to try to figure out how to create an experiment to confirm or refute the hypothesis. You seem to think that only one experiment is required to verify something. They never stop experimenting and that is how theories get refined and become more useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.