The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave,

Are you familiar with the phrase, "the pot calling the kettle black"?

I've been to a place called the Kettle Black and I have a black kettle, but absolutely no one has ever, or will ever, go to, see, or verify the existence of a space time warped black hole. This is an imagined place we can only get to on a fictional spaceship at an impossible warp speed.

View attachment 26325 View attachment 26326

A black hole through a telescope. Who are we to question? :colt45:

--Dave

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
And colliding black holes made up of spacetime warpage is something we can empirically verify because gravitational waves have been detected coming from them?

No science fiction or imagination here, move on. :devil:

View attachment 26324

--Dave
It is always interesting to watch people attempt to dismiss a topic when they find themselves incapable of dealing with the facts. That more than any other reason presented on your two threads is why you are not able to swing people to your world view. You lack credibility.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is always interesting to watch people attempt to dismiss a topic when they find themselves incapable of dealing with the facts. That more than any other reason presented on your two threads is why you are not able to swing people to your world view. You lack credibility.

As if information about black holes is a verified fact or that they even exist.

When whatever person in science can say whatever about space they can imagine and people like you buy into it shows a lack of thinking for yourself about how such information is proven to be true.

Talk about being gullible.

--Dave

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
As if information about black holes is a verified fact or that they even exist.

When whatever person in science can say whatever about space they can imagine and people like you buy into it shows a lack of thinking for yourself about how such information is proven to be true.

Talk about being gullible.

--Dave
IN science, we use nat attic a models to make predictions about things, the workings of gravity. Nobody made anything up. The models predicted that gravity waves would exist if the model was correct. Recently gravity waves were observed and measured. In science, that verifies the validity of the models. It is an ex it ing time in science when a long standing hypothesis is verified. Yo use your words, the gravity waves were proof that your original post stating that gravity waves have not been detected is now wrong.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
IN science, we use nat attic a models to make predictions about things, the workings of gravity. Nobody made anything up. The models predicted that gravity waves would exist if the model was correct. Recently gravity waves were observed and measured. In science, that verifies the validity of the models. It is an ex it ing time in science when a long standing hypothesis is verified. Yo use your words, the gravity waves were proof that your original post stating that gravity waves have not been detected is now wrong.
You may want to spell check your post. Just FYI there are a few typos.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
ISS Lightning - Awful CGI

From Video : Okay, I admit it - I'm no computer graphics expert but this just looks awful. I also don't have a degree in meteorology but I don't think clouds morph like that during lightning. I didn't add the weird lighting issue at 1:34 either. But it's late at night and I might just be tired.Original Video: https://youtu.be/FaEqIudQUjw

5 minutes - I love this fake footage - so "magical"

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
ISS Lightning - Awful CGI

From Video : Okay, I admit it - I'm no computer graphics expert but this just looks awful. I also don't have a degree in meteorology but I don't think clouds morph like that during lightning. I didn't add the weird lighting issue at 1:34 either. But it's late at night and I might just be tired.Original Video: https://youtu.be/FaEqIudQUjw

5 minutes - I love this fake footage - so "magical"
The only sentence that matters in this post is.... "Okay, I admit it - I'm no computer graphics expert"

What this moron doesn't realize is this video is a time lapse video using high resolution digital cameras. Not every second is being captured by the camera which causes the shifting from frame to frame when slowed down. And it's not like this fact is hidden. Usually right on the video page they will add a note like this... "All footage has been color graded, denoised, deflickered, slowed down and stabilized. Clips were then complied and converted to 1080 HD at 24 frames/sec."

If you want to you can see what a shot from the ISS looks like without any effects on the video... you can see a live shot from the ISS here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtU_mdL2vBM

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Flat Earth theory.... it's what happens when people who have no idea what they are talking about regarding science, physics, math, geography, astronomy, perspective, computer graphics, history, digital video, pretend they know more than the people who do know about these subjects. :rotfl:

Isn't that what all conspiracies are founded on? People who have no idea what they are talking about?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Heliocentrism opposes a literal Biblical apocalypse

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken; 30 then will appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory;

Revelation 6:12 When he opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood, 13 and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale; 14 the sky vanished like a scroll that is rolled up.

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

There's no God, no heaven, no hell, no angel's, etc. to be found in a heliocentric universe, especially one that is evolving. Everything in Biblical eschatology conforms to flat earth with heavenly places above the dome. Once we start combining Biblical eschatology with a heliocentric universe Satan and Christ both become non-literal persons in a non-literal event depicted with non-literal vanishing sky, darkened sun, blood moon, and stars falling to earth.

--Dave

David,

If I prove that the Earth is not flat, will you drop Christianity on the basis that the bible has been falsified?

That is a serious question. I'd appreciate a straight answer.

Clete

SaulToPaul 2

Flat Earth theory.... it's what happens when people who have no idea what they are talking about regarding science, physics, math, geography, astronomy, perspective, computer graphics, history, digital video, pretend they know more than the people who do know about these subjects. :rotfl:

All we need is one legit picture from 100 miles up, with no fish eye lens, showing us the curve.
It has never been done. That would end the debate once and for all.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
All we need is one legit picture from 100 miles up, with no fish eye lens, showing us the curve.
The only sentence that matters in this post is.... "Okay, I admit it - I'm no computer graphics expert"

What this moron doesn't realize is this video is a time lapse video using high resolution digital cameras. Not every second is being captured by the camera which causes the shifting from frame to frame when slowed down. And it's not like this fact is hidden. Usually right on the video page they will add a note like this... "All footage has been color graded, denoised, deflickered, slowed down and stabilized. Clips were then complied and converted to 1080 HD at 24 frames/sec."

If you want to you can see what a shot from the ISS looks like without any effects on the video... you can see a live shot from the ISS here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtU_mdL2vBM
Try the live feed camera. Clear picture, no fisheye, shows the curve of the earth.

Right Divider

Body part
Why didn't you put "legit" in quotes?

I'm not sure about you, but most flat earthers simply reject any photo that disagrees their philosophy. Whether it be legit or not.

I would also remind you that 100 miles up is just barely over 1% of the diameter of the earth.

SaulToPaul 2

Why didn't you put "legit" in quotes?

I'm not sure about you, but most flat earthers simply reject any photo that disagrees their philosophy. Whether it be legit or not.

I would also remind you that 100 miles up is just barely over 1% of the diameter of the earth.

NASA has put out photos less than 100 miles miles up...with ridiculous curve in some instances, flat in others, and curving the opposite direction when the camera moves. (evidence of fish eye)

Status
Not open for further replies.