The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is a completely wrong diagram of what a vanishing point it.

In the world of perspective a vanishing point is exactly what it says it is. A vanishing point. Items become so small in the distance that they "vanish". However, while an item that is parallel to another item might appear to "vanish" it would never cross over the other item. Train tracks might appear to converge but they will never cross each other. Just as the sun cannot cross the horizon line if it's circling parallel to the flat earth surface.

Your diagram is incorrect. Whoever made it has zero knowledge of perspective.

The reason the sun crosses the horizon line is because the earth is a sphere and it is spinning. As it spins the curvature of the earth covers the sun from our point of view. But people to the west of me still can see the sun (at least until it set s for them).

Dave watch this time lapse and be honest with yourself.

Do you honestly believe the sun is disappearing due to the fact it's getting too far away?? And if so... why doesn't the sun "vanish" all at once?? Who does it vanish as if it's goin under the horizon line?

Not everything vanishes at the vanishing point.

View attachment 26320 View attachment 26321 View attachment 26322

The tops of trees mountains, etc. that are larger/taller in elevation will appear but the base or bottoms will not.

The sun will simply have that effect which is why the bottom will be blocked before the top but the sun will continue to move away from us until it disappears entirely.

In the pick with with the sun we see the perspective of tracks, clouds and sun, as per prediction of how all three work on a flat plane.

--Dave

Right Divider

Body part
The sun "appears" to drop below the horizon just as clouds and planes do.

You rightly correct Stuu for his incorrect depiction of Christianity but then you incorrectly depict perspective.

Your flat earth understanding is no better than Stuu understanding of Christianity.

--Dave
Quit lying Dave.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

The tops of trees mountains, etc. that are larger/taller in elevation will appear but the base or bottoms will not.

The sun will simply have that effect which is why the bottom will be blocked before the top but the sun will continue to move away from us until it disappears entirely.

In the pick with with the sun we see the perspective of tracks, clouds and sun, as per prediction of how all three work on a flat plane.

--Dave

What you say here is simply not possible on a flat Earth. It is impossible for anything to disappear behind the horizon on a flat Earth. Perspective dose not allow for that. According to perspective, something just gets smaller and smaller until in vanishes. Why don't the sun and moon ever change size as they get close to the horizon?

Right Divider

Body part
What you say here is simply not possible on a flat Earth. It is impossible for anything to disappear behind the horizon on a flat Earth. Perspective dose not allow for that. According to perspective, something just gets smaller and smaller until in vanishes. Why don't the sun and moon ever change size as they get close to the horizon?
Because the sun does not circle around above a flat earth. :thumb:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
8370a403482e09ea9f2d25a8295a0613.jpg

68891b4dc8b39b830815d321d54df579.jpg

557a20ce0c251e240ccd1727df89b37f.jpg

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION] ​I don't see any repetition of the images. Bring me something when he starts posting the same images repeatedly.
attachment.php

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey Patrick... you used to be pretty cool. I thought you were one of the good guys on TOL. What has happened to you? Now you are resorting to posting propaganda on the forum without engaging in the debate.

You should know more than anyone how annoying it is to deal with a person who ignores the topic and posts mountains of stuff they find online.

Come on man... I get that you are into the flat earth stuff but please don't become a lunatic.

musterion

Saw a movie once, a pretty good one, where a guy accidentally discovers the whole world (which he realizes later consists entirely of Los Angeles) is actually a computer simulation, with himself as just another part of that simulation, and so he doesn't really exist. He figures it out by driving and driving and driving, stopping for nothing, headed for somewhere he would never otherwise choose to go (which would be somewhere not programmed into the simulation). Finally he reaches the edge of the world/end of the simulation's programming. The landscape turns into solid black with green wire frame skeleton, like the old tank game Battlezone. He sees a "live" bird fly from the "real" world into the wire frame, and it just disappears.

attachment.php

Flat Earth is a lot like that, except we fall off into space or hit the side of the magic dome if we go too far.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

No. It wont. Dave.... if the sun were close to us like you assert and if the sun were setting only due to your tortured view of perspective, the sun would get much, much, smaller as it moved away from our point of view.

None of this happens Dave. Your theory is bankrupt.

Yet the train tracks never cross each other. Nor could the sun cross the plane of the horizon if it were circling parallel to the flat earth.

Dave... I have studied perspective in great detail in my profession. Clearly you have not.

musterion

Now that I think of it, remember that retarded congressman who wondered if too many people on Guam might make it tip over?

He's really in on it and was letting the cat out of the bag. If the human population increases too much and is too heavy in places like China, India or Africa, the mass of people on that side of the flat earth will cause the whole world to tilt like a plate balanced on a stick. The whole world will tilt and slide over, destroying us all.

THAT is why the globalist (flatalists?) who perpetuate the globe theory lie want to redistrubute populations as rapidly as possible -- to keep the world from tilting from too many people in one place!!!

We MUST support mass immigration from overpopulated areas of the world, to save the flat earth and avoid The Big Tilt!!!!1

(how am I doing, Dave? PJ?)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey Patrick did you know my dad helped design some of the spaceships that traveled to the Moon and Mars?

Yep my dad was an illustrator for the Martin Company AKA Martin Marietta in the late 1950's and 1960s. Therefore if your insane ramblings are true my dad was part of the cover-up. But my dad was very much like all of us on TOL. My dad wasn't a government employee nor a government sympathizer. Heck my dad was often times skeptical of what the government was up to and would have been the first person to tell me about the moon conspiracy if there was one.

Yet he worked closely to develop the rockets, ships, landers and everything else that helped the space program achieve their lofty goals.

By the way... what would be suspicious about a large model of the moon being built by NASA?? This was before computer modeling and with this large scale models they could plan where and how lunar landings might be accomplished. In fact back in those days large scale models were used for almost everything from building dams to highway projects and everything else. This is how the engineers would visualize and plan the project. My dad would illustrate these ideas and then the modelers would build large scale versions from the illustrations. I still have many of my dads original drawings from back in the day. They are really amazing.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hey Patrick did you know my dad helped design some of the spaceships that traveled to the Moon and Mars?

Yep my dad was an illustrator for the Martin Company AKA Martin Marietta in the late 1950's and 1960s. Therefore if your insane ramblings are true my dad was part of the cover-up. But my dad was very much like all of us on TOL. My dad wasn't a government employee nor a government sympathizer. Heck my dad was often times skeptical of what the government was up to and would have been the first person to tell me about the moon conspiracy if there was one.

Yet he worked closely to develop the rockets, ships, landers and everything else that helped the space program achieve their lofty goals.

By the way... what would be suspicious about a large model of the moon being built by NASA?? This was before computer modeling and with this large scale models they could plan where and how lunar landings might be accomplished. In fact back in those days large scale models were used for almost everything from building dams to highway projects and everything else. This is how the engineers would visualize and plan the project. My dad would illustrate these ideas and then the modelers would build large scale versions from the illustrations. I still have many of my dads original drawings from back in the day. They are really amazing.
I'm not saying rockets and spacecraft weren't designed, built and launched. Did your Dad see the curvature from space? Only the very very very few, if any, people that have seen the curvature from space would know. That rules out nearly everybody who ever lived on earth. It also rules out the millions you propose would have to be "in on it".

Nasa says now, after changing it again, that one must be 65 MILES high to see any curvature, which rules out all pilots, passengers and military jets. To be clear, nobody who believers in the globe is lying, stupid or evil. It's all we ever see and learn. I knew 100% that I was on a globe for nearly 50 years. Until three months ago. I don't want or need there to be a flat earth and I'm not married to the possibility. I'm just fine with a globe but now I can't overlook the evidence and the plain, clear scripture.

I was never a geocentric believer and never gave it a thought. Now, even if a globe is ever proven, I will still think it is geocentric, that earth is the center and focus of the cosmos. God tells us that everything in the firmament moves except earth. Mankind is God's greatest creation, not some slice of heaven 14.5 billion light years away. Which also would mean that God waited about 10 billion years to create earth if the big bang is part of a believers understanding. The large moon and other "creations" are only suspicious if they used them for images or film footage.

Edit : I don't think we can get humans or satellites, ISS etc. past low earth orbit. I'm still pretty cool Knight, I hope, but all the mocking and such for believing scripture as written and thinking flat or geocentric earth is possible brings out the fighting side in me. The flatties get beat up here everyday and some of the images speak for themselves in the topic of "we never went the the moon" and FE observations.

I can debate this topic without tons of science and numbers that all originate from the globe model before the calculations even begin. I'm not looking for proof of a globe right now, so debating the globe proof is boring to me. Let's change the daily gang up beat downs for a day to how this deception could take place to begin with perhaps. I'll be back around 5 pm or 6 pm in and out of TOL.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Nasa says now, after changing it again, that one must be 65 MILES high to see any curvature, which rules out all pilots, passengers and military jets.
The issue of SCALE has been explained to you several times.

Even 65 miles is very small compared to the diameter of the globe.

The diameter of the earth is 7,917.5 miles. Therefore, 65 miles is still less than 1% (0.82%) of the diameter of the earth.

I was never a geocentric believer and never gave it a thought. Now, even if a globe is ever proven, I will still think it is geocentric, that earth is the center and focus of the cosmos. God tells us that everything in the firmament moves except earth. Mankind is God's greatest creation, not some slice of heaven 14.5 billion light years away. Which also would mean that God waited about 10 billion years to create earth if the big bang is part of a believers understanding. The large moon and other "creations" are only suspicious if they used them for images or film footage.
Here you go again CONFLATING issues and trying to falsely connect the shape of the earth with vast ages and the big bang, etc.

The shape of the earth is not tied to those atheistic ideas.

Edit : I don't think we can get humans or satellites, ISS etc. past low earth orbit.
In the flat earth model there is NO such thing as an earth orbit of any kind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.