The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuu

He will never do it.

He isn't interested in being convinced. He isn't interested in proof. He isn't interested in the truth or anything else that resembles rational thought. He has lost his mind.
The thread is a joke, designed to suck people in. I wouldn't take it personally!

Stuart

Stuu

Sun, moon, and stars are close and small and not far away on flat earth model, compared to globe earth model.
Here's a series of nice pictures:

large.DSC_2533-2.jpg.5e9487ae00b2c1b3f4926ecceb392cd6.jpg
southern_cross_350.jpg
975940-Southern-Cross-Constellation-0.jpg
henge_crux.jpg
weblarge_9C8353AE-739C-46EE-9CF1-5A8D23A02E5D.jpg
r585793_3716792.jpg
images

Isn't it interesting that no matter where the constellation Crux, the Southern Cross, appears relative to the horizon, the aspect ratio (the proportion of its length to its width) never changes.

Stuart

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Answer my question, Dave. Why can't we see ships or buildings beyond a certain point because of view distance, but we can see stars which, according to you, are a lot farther away than the ships/buildings, directly above the horizon?

The theory that the earth is a globe obviously negates perspective and causes the mind not to see it. Think flat earth, imagine it even if you don't believe in it, and you will then understand perspective and how it answers your question.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

southern_cross_350.jpg
henge_crux.jpg
r585793_3716792.jpg
images

Isn't it interesting that no matter where the constellation Crux, the Southern Cross, appears relative to the horizon, the aspect ratio (the proportion of its length to its width) never changes.

Stuart

And proves neither flat nor globe earth.

--Dave

Stuu

And proves neither flat nor globe earth.
Oh dear.

Your model 'Sun, moon, and stars are close and small and not far away' must have the constellations changing their apparent proportions if we are a disc whizzing around under a flat disc (or 'dome') of stars.

Flat earth disproved again.

Stuart

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The theory that the earth is a globe obviously negates perspective and causes the mind not to see it. Think flat earth, imagine it even if you don't believe in it, and you will then understand perspective and how it answers your question.

--Dave

No, Dave, I'm asking you a direct question, and yes, it is in the context of a flat earth, not a globe earth. You are the one who needs to answer it. Here it is again:

QUOTE=JudgeRightly;5220716

Answer my question, Dave. Why can't we see ships or buildings beyond a certain point because of view distance, but we can see stars which, according to you, are a lot farther away than the ships/buildings, directly above the horizon?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

--Dave
Dave, Patrick....

We can all agree and observe that when looking at parallel lines (like train tracks) the lines appear to converge as they move into the distance due to perspective. But could perspective ever cause parallel lines to cross each other?

Please answer YES or NO and then you can explain your answer if you like.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh dear.

Your model 'Sun, moon, and stars are close and small and not far away' must have the constellations changing their apparent proportions if we are a disc whizzing around under a flat disc (or 'dome') of stars.

Flat earth disproved again.

Stuart

Take a look at some of the flat earth video and pics and see for yourself how it all works from that perspective.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, Patrick....

We can all agree and observe that when looking at parallel lines (like train tracks) the lines appear to converge as they move into the distance due to perspective. But could perspective ever cause parallel lines to cross each other?

I don't know, never heard that before. I'd have to flip a coin to answer you.

--Dave

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't know, never heard that before. I'd have to flip a coin to answer you.

--Dave
You don't know if parallel lines would ever appear to cross??? Really?

How would that even be theoretically possible?

I thought for sure we could have some form of agreement on something. Let me start a bit further back then. I'm sure we agree on this..... In geometry terms.... do parallel lines ever cross each other?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Is Flat Earth drinkin some Convex Kool-Aid? (Red Flag Media)

A breakdown of the Convex Earth video I posted on the 29th
From Video : So I was meaning to do a quick response thing to this documentary that everyone seems to be mirroring and going ga-ga over, but then this dude from Red Flag Media basically hit all the main points I wanted to cover, so I'm simply mirroring his vid. I mean, seriously y'all... I get the fact that we might get excited about "scientists" doing the same curvature experiments that have already been done for several years now, but this whole thing just smells super fishy...

If they've been active on this since 2011, how did they manage to stay unheard of until recently? What the heck is this "Zigurat Technology Center" anyway? The "extra continent" nonsense, the depiction of the FE being like a "huge asteroid in space" etc...

The whole thing feels like a Flat Earth Society, "disk floating in space" 2.0. Why does the FE community feel the need to jump on any bandwagon type thing that comes out? I think this whole idea of saying that the Earth is convex, but water is flat, is just confusing/misleading... (intentionally so?)

6 minutes

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Dave, Patrick....

Even though I'm no good with math and geometry I would say NO, that parallel lines would be impossible for them to cross. But we know that they converge according to perspective, like a really long bridge, if you looked far in the distance the lines would appear to meet.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Did the Eurotunnel forget about the Curve??? [Flat Earth Inquiry]

From Video Description : I have a sort of running list of FE-related topics I hope to make videos about, some of them make the video right away, others I research and chew on them sometimes for months. This one has been on the drawing board for a while now, and I was honestly hoping to have more of a "slam dunk" collection of information to present on it, but I've essentially reached the point where I have to admit that I've reached the extent of my own extrapolations on the topic, and so hopefully I can just throw it out there, and the "FE research community" can take this and continue fleshing it out until we can reveal something that is truly undeniable in terms of lack of curvature... Peace y'all.

14 minutes -

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Did the Eurotunnel forget about the Curve??? [Flat Earth Inquiry]

From Video Description : I have a sort of running list of FE-related topics I hope to make videos about, some of them make the video right away, others I research and chew on them sometimes for months. This one has been on the drawing board for a while now, and I was honestly hoping to have more of a "slam dunk" collection of information to present on it, but I've essentially reached the point where I have to admit that I've reached the extent of my own extrapolations on the topic, and so hopefully I can just throw it out there, and the "FE research community" can take this and continue fleshing it out until we can reveal something that is truly undeniable in terms of lack of curvature... Peace y'all.

14 minutes -
Curvature was not an issue as they were following a specific strata of rock. That was some really poor research on the part of the person making the video.

He attempts to make an issue of the drawing that shows the water being flat. He failed to pay attention to scale. The x axis is in kilometers while the y axis is in feet. The scales are so different that the curvature would not be apparent.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You don't know if parallel lines would ever appear to cross??? Really?

How would that even be theoretically possible?

I thought for sure we could have some form of agreement on something. Let me start a bit further back then. I'm sure we agree on this..... In geometry terms.... do parallel lines ever cross each other?

That's a better question. We know that parallel line do not cross or actually meet in the distance. I thought your first question was could they "appear" to cross in the distance but not actually cross. If there are conditions that could make them appear to do that I am personally not aware of it. Although they appear to meet at the vanishing point.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why don't you explain it to us yourself?

That would be much more convincing.

Stuart

I look at all video and and view all the links that you all post, I expect you to do the same. When I don't know how flat earth answers your questions then I say so. But I don't just ignore it, I study it. I know way more about Copernican heliocentrism then I did before I started this thread. I hope there a lot more who have seen this thread will also have become more knowledgeable on the subject of cosmology both Biblical and secular.

--Dave

Last edited:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

southern_cross_350.jpg
henge_crux.jpg
r585793_3716792.jpg
images

Stuart

The whole globe model certainly begins with the heavens. That the sun, moon, and stars tell us about the earth instead of the earth telling us about itself is classic Greek philosophy

The Greek philosophers also flipped knowledge of God. Biblically, God reveals himself, but in Greek philosophy the world explains God.

The church, through men like Augustine, combined Greek philosophy with Biblical revelation and gave us a Bible they deemed was cosmologically inaccurate and theologically contradictory. Today we have to defend the Bible against evolution, a timeless incomprehensible God, and maybe even heliocentrism.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The obvious problems with heliocentrism

We have a spinning earth with a tilted axis,

orbiting a sun in an elliptical path,

in a galaxy that travels through space without varying.

This model is an irrational construction

Logically an axis would be perpendicular, not tilted, to its path.

Logically the path would be circular, not elliptical.

Logically gravity would not hold a galaxy moving in multiple directions in a constant regular pattern. Gravity cannot be constant if the earth has an elliptical orbit.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.