The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, have you ever seen Bob Enyart's "The Planets, Stars, and the Bible" video? If ever there was a final nail in the coffin of this ridiculous conspiracy theory, this would be it (at least for those who believe the Bible).

In it, he talks about the constellations. He talks about the stars themselves. And he talks about how they represent the story of the Bible.

He then uses a program called "Dance of the Planets" (which is still available for purchase) to show what the star of Bethlehem was, an alignment of the star Regulus and the planet Jupiter, NOT ONCE BUT TWICE, both times being recorded in the Bible, the first time when Jesus was born, which the Magi followed, and then the second time some months after Jesus was born.

There is no model that the flat earth provides (that I'm aware of, and I'm willing to be proven wrong) that explains the movement of any of the celestial bodies. The movement IS explained, however, by the Heliocentric model of the Solar System. Jupiter lines up with Regulus (the root word of which is where we get our words "regal", meaning royal) the first time in 3 B.C., and again in 2 B.C., which is when the Magi would have arrived in Bethlehem.

The night sky itself is evidence against the earth being flat, Dave.

We'll see.

--Dave

Right Divider

Body part
I have posted video's that clearly show through time lapse video that the sun changes size, in appearance.
For the 10 BILLIONTH time.... NO you have NOT. Those videos are OVER SATURATED and do NOT represent the ACTUAL size of the sun.

They are a DECEPTION and a LIE!

I have said that there are times when horizon magnification can take place. That this is always the case I don't know. But my argument was that if the earth is a spinning globe then we should see a change, in appearance, of size would occur. The only answer so far is that this is true but the change is to slight to be noticed.
Indeed you have consistently tried to use SPECIAL CASES instead of focusing on the NORMAL CONDITIONS that are clear even to a kindergartner.

Horizon magnification has been said of the moon: "The Moon illusion is an optical illusion which causes the Moon to appear larger near the horizon than it does higher up in the sky. It has been known since ancient times and recorded by various cultures."--Wiki

If the moon than why not the sun?

The horizon magnification would not make the sun appear larger it would keep it from appearing smaller as it would due to perspective. That would not effect it from looking larger overhead than at the horizon it would only keep it from looking as small at the horizon as one would image.

--Dave
Continue you absurd denial if you like Dave, but you're just fooling yourself.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Most FE arguments backed up by visual video evidence you and others refuse to see.

Because the FE side never uses CGI... :mock:

That we look down at a horizon but it's so slight that we can't notice it is the argument from GE and is absolutely hilarious.

Argument from incredulity. Your objection is dismissed.

Just asserting your GE position over and over again does not answer FE claims.

Just asserting your FE position over and over again does not answer GE claims.

See how that works?

The difference is, Dave, that we have shown why our position is valid with arguments that you, to this day, have not addressed.

Such as:

The size of Australia, the distance from earth and the size the Sun would have to be to be .1 degrees above the horizon at the size that it always is, and hundreds if not thousands of other arguments.

CGI has been admitted in creating pictures from space of earth by NASA.

So what? Creating renderings of objects that we know exist but cannot directly observe doesn't mean that every photo that is released is CGI.

Here's the best way to determine which photos are CGI, and which are actual photos:

Look at the caption under each photo they release. If it says "photograph Copywrite [photographer name or owner], it's a photo. if it says "artist's rendering", it's CGI.

Wires connected to the waste line of astronauts have been seen as they attempt back flips in supposed weightless space. But you, and no one else, will ever know that if you don't watch the videos that expose it.

--Dave

Please produce IMAGES (not videos) of this. If you can't, or refuse to, then your claim is unsubstantiated. Oh wait, could it be that the people who made those videos themselves used CGI to add in the supposed wires? :think: :mock:

Or perhaps it's just an artifact of the kind of film they used back then, seeing how almost everything was analog, not digital... :think:

Right Divider

Body part
One side vs another side in what happens at the horizon, lasers used to prove FE as well, size of continents, we'll see.

--Dave
The size of the continent of Australia is not based on OPINIONS.

The map presented by flat earther's is CLEARLY WRONG with regards to the ACTUAL SIZE.

Are you going to stay with the WRONG side?

God's Truth

You asked a question. That's not stating your beliefs. Nor was it relevant to the topic being discussed in this thread. Participate or leave.
[MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION] [MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION]

Do you have any idea what an educated question is? Paul made those kind of questions.

Stop being hostile to posters.

You are trying to kill this site.

God's Truth

JudgeRightly could have made a better judgment and brought me further into this discussion another way, but he chose hostility.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Do you have any idea what an educated question is? Paul made those kind of questions.

Stop being hostile to posters.

You are trying to kill this site.
Hey, GT, talk about the thread topic, not your personal beliefs. No one wants to hear them here.

This is a thread for cold, hard FACTS.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For the 10 BILLIONTH time.... NO you have NOT. Those videos are OVER SATURATED and do NOT represent the ACTUAL size of the sun.

They are a DECEPTION and a LIE!

Indeed you have consistently tried to use SPECIAL CASES instead of focusing on the NORMAL CONDITIONS that are clear even to a kindergartner.

Continue you absurd denial if you like Dave, but you're just fooling yourself.

You have your opinion on what the facts are and what the videos reveal and FE as their's.

You always seem to forget I'm not the author or originator of these arguments. That I argue on behalf of FE does not make me FE. That I think they make some good arguments and that GE has some bad ones is why I started this debate.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You have your opinion on what the facts are and what the videos reveal and FE as their's.

You always seem to forget I'm not the author or originator of these arguments. That I argue on behalf of FE does not make me FE. That I think they make some good arguments and that GE has some bad ones is why I started this debate.

--Dave
Someone who defends stupidity is himself stupid.

As my middle school science teacher said to the troublemakers and slow learners in my class...

DBD... Don't Be Dumb.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because the FE side never uses CGI... :mock:

Argument from incredulity. Your objection is dismissed.

Just asserting your FE position over and over again does not answer GE claims.

See how that works?

The difference is, Dave, that we have shown why our position is valid with arguments that you, to this day, have not addressed.

Such as:

The size of Australia, the distance from earth and the size the Sun would have to be to be .1 degrees above the horizon at the size that it always is, and hundreds if not thousands of other arguments.

So what? Creating renderings of objects that we know exist but cannot directly observe doesn't mean that every photo that is released is CGI.

Here's the best way to determine which photos are CGI, and which are actual photos:

Look at the caption under each photo they release. If it says "photograph Copywrite [photographer name or owner], it's a photo. if it says "artist's rendering", it's CGI.

Please produce IMAGES (not videos) of this. If you can't, or refuse to, then your claim is unsubstantiated. Oh wait, could it be that the people who made those videos themselves used CGI to add in the supposed wires? :think: :mock:

Or perhaps it's just an artifact of the kind of film they used back then, seeing how almost everything was analog, not digital... :think:

Who is using faked CGI, everyone will have to decide that for themselves, and the only way to do that is view video from both sides. That's what I do, and since you don't, you're clueless.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Who is using faked CGI, everyone will have to decide that for themselves, and the only way to do that is view video from both sides. That's what I do, and since you don't, you're clueless.

--Dave

Since you don't address the arguments you've been given, you're clueless.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Someone who defends stupidity is himself stupid.

As my middle school science teacher said to the troublemakers and slow learners in my class...

DBD... Don't Be Dumb.

You and no one else can determine what is or is not stupid for someone else. Atheists have no problem doing this, Christians have a higher standard.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Since you don't address the arguments you've been given, you're clueless.

I have addressed arguments from GE, you seem to think not believing them means I have not addressed them. Some that I have not addressed I have said I'm not sure how flat earth answers them which is why I continue to research it.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.