The dim future of Britain

musterion

Coexistence with Islam is impossible. So, predictions:

Will the Brits vote for whoever might actually fight Mohammedanism in order to put a stop to all this?

Or will they vote for whoever will be most appeasing to Mohammedans, in order to put a stop to all this?

Option B ensures no end to these attacks until a sickened majority demands to pay the Dane geld by allowing some degree of caliphate in the U.K. (which still wouldn't stop such attacks but only provide a foothold from which to launch more of them).

Option A also guarantees more attacks but also ensures eventual victory IF they do what must be done and don't quit until it is done.

Neither option is remotely pleasant but Britain can't go on like this forever.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Well there's something dim around these parts and it seems to be the OP...

:rain:

You may not like what Musty is saying, more than likely because of your disdain for him personally but, the guy has some good points. Britain cannot go on like this forever, your very society depends on the actions that UK takes at this point. It was reported this morning that there are over 3000 known Jihadi's currently in the UK and over 25,000 people of interest connected with extremist islamic ideology in the UK....seems pretty sobering to me. At this point the UK will have to decide whether they will control their borders, eject people that hold extremist islamic views that are considered a threat, or become like Paris, Brussels, Berlin where the problem is out of control, it is looking like it may already have reached that point. Brit's will have to face the fact that their societal values are not compatible with radical islam but, first you have to be willing to recognize that it is not bigotry, racism, or xenophobia to eject people that hold values that are incompatible with your own. The UK has decisions to make as a society...

Arthur Brain

You may not like what Musty is saying, more than likely because of your disdain for him personally but, the guy has some good points. Britain cannot go on like this forever, your very society depends on the actions that UK takes at this point. It was reported this morning that there are over 3000 known Jihadi's currently in the UK and over 25,000 people of interest connected with extremist islamic ideology in the UK....seems pretty sobering to me. At this point the UK will have to decide whether they will control their borders, eject people that hold extremist islamic views that are considered a threat, or become like Paris, Brussels, Berlin where the problem is out of control, it is looking like it may already have reached that point. Brit's will have to face the fact that their societal values are not compatible with radical islam but, first you have to be willing to recognize that it is not bigotry, racism, or xenophobia to eject people that hold values that are incompatible with your own. The UK has decisions to make as a society...

Well, kinda already aware that radical Islam or any sort of religious extremism is incompatible. Sure, it isn't any sort of bigotry to want fanatical, violent elements removed and more stringent measures may well be required and to some degree that's already happening. Terrorism of any sort is not taken lightly.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Well, kinda already aware that radical Islam or any sort of religious extremism is incompatible. Sure, it isn't any sort of bigotry to want fanatical, violent elements removed and more stringent measures may well be required and to some degree that's already happening. Terrorism of any sort is not taken lightly.

You say it is not bigotry but, the left in my country says it is just that. President Trump has been vilified over & over for taking the necessary steps to keep the jihadi's out via travel bans, increased vetting, and a complete rejection of refugees that cannot be vetted. Now to me this is all common sense, and necessary to protect our society but, to the American liberal it is bigotry. It takes courage to name your enemy, even more to take the steps to separate yourself from them, and to rid yourself of their presence. I am watching the news right now as I write this and the woman anchor just posed the question of "how do we identify our enemy without being called bigots"...how timely while i am writing this very post saying just that. Like i said before the UK has some big societal decisions to make if your society is to overcome this scourge.

Arthur Brain

You say it is not bigotry but, the left in my country says it is just that. President Trump has been vilified over & over for taking the necessary steps to keep the jihadi's out via travel bans, increased vetting, and a complete rejection of refugees that cannot be vetted. Now to me this is all common sense, and necessary to protect our society but, to the American liberal it is bigotry. It takes courage to name your enemy, even more to take the steps to separate yourself from them, and to rid yourself of their presence. I am watching the news right now as I write this and the woman anchor just posed the question of "how do we identify our enemy without being called bigots"...how timely while i am writing this very post saying just that. Like i said before the UK has some big societal decisions to make if your society is to overcome this scourge.

I've yet to see anyone on here call the removal of or the targeting of terrorists bigotry. It's rather more the lumping of all Muslims into the minority extremist bent that gets that response. In my local town I live 200 yards away from a mosque and many Muslims live here. According to the likes of Musty we'll be under sharia law in under a decade...

musterion

I've yet to see anyone on here call the removal of or the targeting of terrorists bigotry. It's rather more the lumping of all Muslims into the minority extremist bent that gets that response. In my local town I live 200 yards away from a mosque and many Muslims live here. According to the likes of Musty we'll be under sharia law in under a decade...

Every sudden jihadist who has killed people in the UK has had someone able to say, "But I thought he was one of the peaceful ones!"

That's the problem you have right there and you know it.

Arthur Brain

Every sudden jihadist who has killed people in the UK has had someone able to say, "But I thought he was one of the peaceful ones!"

That's the problem you have right there and you know it.

Yeh, 40+ years and not a single problem with the local Muslim community. You're a dope. Stay inside and lock your doors Musty.

:noid:

Arthur Brain

So you have no intention of not hypocritically complaining about the United States. Got it. I expected as much.

It would be hypocritical if I opined about how views from people from other nations to my own shouldn't matter and then started whinging, criticizing threads about other countries - but that seems to be rather your remit...

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

Interesting, because even your own Prime Minister May says "Too much tolerance for extremism" exists in UK society, I would say Europeans in general have shown too much tolerance with ideologies that are incompatible with the west. It is time to suck up all that tolerance nonsense and give these throwback jihadi's the boot out of western societies, it is time to show intolerance.

Arthur Brain

Interesting, because even your own Prime Minister May says "Too much tolerance for extremism" exists in UK society, I would say Europeans in general have shown too much tolerance with ideologies that are incompatible with the west. It is time to suck up all that tolerance nonsense and give these throwback jihadi's the boot out of western societies, it is time to show intolerance.

What exactly is this quote, because as much as Britain is a multicultural society there's no tolerance for extremism apart from those who are extremist. I want fanatical nutcases given the boot, I'm just not going to tar all those of different cultures with the same brush because of the actions of rabid zealots.