The coronavirus scam

Arthur Brain

Ah...... indeed..... :chuckle:
I'll chuckle 'cos there's little point in getting too heated .........

We've been in a mess since the beginning, really, but in the beginning nobody had any idea about how to proceed.
What is really saddening is to hear the PM at 'question time' and his answers remind me of a well known US politician. Truly.

We've dropped the ball, and we both know it.
The sickness is going to be much worse through this winter than it was in the spring, we've spent our money and now we've got to come out to scavenge the remains of our jobs....... that's how I see it. I notice that Tesco and Morrisons have already banned 'multi-purchasing' of various products so ...... yep, we're going back to the spring situation very shortly.

My wife works in what is already a high risk environs and wears full PPE during every shift, but mistakes happen and I've asked her to consider coming home if things get very very bad.

Did I tell you that I volunteered for the NHS/Oxford vaccine research? Now that's a risk which I personally would not mind. I filled in the questionnaire, sent it off and got an acknowledgement back over a month ago, and got an email this week to tell me that I could possibly be chosen for tests at anytime. I'm up for that.

Let's face it..... this is not going to be good...... I notice that all over 50's can have a free flu vaccine as soon as the higher risk groups have been sorted. They're worried about a Twindemic.

Hey, I hope it goes well with the vaccine shot if you get picked. I think you're right that it's likely to be worse in the coming winter and you do right to advise your wife to consider staying at home if things get how they did in the Spring. The way this is being handled by Johnson et al is just bemusing.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Given increasing evidence that infected individuals without symptoms can spread COVID-19, the CDC has put out important guidance to the public in the battle to reduce the spread of the disease. As organizations representing health care professionals and caregivers, we call on the public to be mindful of the need to ensure N95 respirators and medical grade surgical masks remain prioritized for health care heroes—doctors, nurses and other front line caregivers and workers—and use non-medical reusable masks, instead, as the CDC suggests.
As this pandemic spreads, our organizations will continue to urge that all levers be used by both the government and private sector to ensure front line caregivers have the necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) they need to protect themselves and their patients.

American Hospital Association
American Medical Association
American Nurses Association
https://www.ama-assn.org/press-cent...ement-cdc-s-recommendation-public-cloth-masks

Don't care what your sister-in-law's plumber thinks. Sorry about that.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Jefferson Isn't it strange that deaths are way down in liberal states like New York, Massachusetts and Vermont, but deaths are rising high in red states like Texas, Arizona and the Carolinas? That's strange. I thought this virus was a political hoax ginned up by the Dems to make Trump look bad, but it's almost as though it has no political affiliation whatsoever!

Here's where the pandemic was hitting as of September:

This "COVID Corridor" pretty much maps onto Trump country.

Arthur Brain

What would that have anything to do with the average number of deaths per month?

He's admitted to contracting the virus along with his wife. If it's all a "scam" then why has he done that considering the conspiracy nut outfits that actually aligned, namely Q-Anon and the Covid deniers? Why did he downplay it so much and is on record for doing so and liking doing it? Why did he declare a national emergency? Got any answers to those?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
He's admitted to contracting the virus along with his wife. If it's all a "scam" then why has he done that considering the conspiracy nut outfits that actually aligned, namely Q-Anon and the Covid deniers? Why did he downplay it so much and is on record for doing so and liking doing it? Why did he declare a national emergency? Got any answers to those?

Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that the answer is because Donald Trump is orange Hitler. How did orange Hitler cause the average monthly deaths in the United States to go down during this so-called "pandemic" this year?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that the answer is because Donald Trump is orange Hitler. How did orange Hitler cause the average monthly deaths in the United States to go down during this so-called "pandemic" this year?

What are you suggesting? It is all made up?
And are those posts just reposts from QAnon sites?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
What are you suggesting? It is all made up?

Those statistics (showing an average monthly decrease in the total number of deaths from all causes compared to recent years) are from the CDC.
​​​​​​
​They don't make things up.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Those statistics (showing an average monthly decrease in the total number of deaths from all causes compared to recent years) are from the CDC.
​​​​​​
​They don't make things up.

Didnt answer my question. Are you simply reposting from QAnon sites?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
COVID-19 is now the third-leading cause of death in the U.S. behind heart disease and cancer.
Aug. 18, 2020 -- The COVID-19
pandemic has spread so rapidly since the first U.S. case was reported Jan. 20 that it’s now the third-leading cause of death in the country, Thomas Frieden, MD, former director of the CDC, told CNN.

"COVID is now the No. 3 cause of death in the U.S. -- ahead of accidents, injuries,
lung disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's, and many, many other causes," Frieden said.

The CDC says
heart disease and cancer are the first- and second-leading causes of death.

The
coronavirus has caused more than 170,000 deaths in the United States and has been taking more than 1,000 lives weekly for several weeks, Frieden said.

"Last week, Americans were eight times more likely to get killed by COVID than were Europeans," he said.

The number of deaths -- and cases -- in the United States may be undercounted because not enough people are tested, experts have said.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200818/covid-the-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-the-us

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Eddie Leibold emailed about a Facebook post someone shared with him. It is a long post that starts with, "Let me give you two numbers: 944,251 and 946,067. Both were obtained from the CDC website. The first number is the total number of U.S. deaths from January through April 2020. The second number is the total number of U.S. deaths from January through April 2018.”

It goes on to argue that since the numbers were so similar, COVID-19 cannot be very bad.
Since the post cited the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), that is where we will go to verify this claim.

In its flu surveillance report, it shows how many Americans died every week since 2013, and the Facebook post appears to have used this as its source.

Reuters looked into a similar claim in May and its fact-checkers showed that the numbers were accurate. But the CDC has a disclaimer on its website that deaths numbers will often be revised because it can take several weeks for death records to be submitted, processed, and counted.
But there is more to consider in this case. That period in 2018 coincides with the peak of the deadliest flu season in decades. This is born out by the fact that the number of deaths in the country during the first four months of 2018 was higher than the same period in 2019.

Since the Reuters article was published, the CDC has revised its 2020 data, adding almost 50,000 more deaths. The first four months of 2020 now show significantly more deaths than the first four months of 2018, and the post is false.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ve...19/ar-BB177nl9

This, in spite of a significant drop in deaths from auto accidents. For reasons you probably figured out.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The data tell the story
It doesn’t take a sophisticated statistical model to see that the coronavirus pandemic is causing substantially more deaths than would have otherwise occurred.

The number of deaths the CDC officially attributed to COVID-19 in the United States
exceeded 148,754 by Aug. 1. Some people who are skeptical about aspects of the coronavirus suggest these are deaths that would have occurred anyway, perhaps because COVID-19 is particularly deadly for the elderly. Others believe that, because the pandemic has changed life so drastically, the increase in COVID-19-related deaths is probably offset by decreases from other causes. But neither of these possibilities is true.

In fact, the number of excess deaths currently exceeds the number attributable to COVID-19 by more than 16,000 people in the U.S. What’s behind that discrepancy is
not yet clear. COVID-19 deaths could be being undercounted, or the pandemic could also be causing increases in other types of death. It’s probably some of both.
Regardless of the reason, the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in substantially more deaths than would have otherwise occurred … and it is not over yet.

Ronald D. Fricker Jr., Professor of Statistics and Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Administration, Virginia Tech

Arthur Brain

He didn't, and you haven't answered my questions.