The Clock Ticks (Ahmed Mohamed's clock bomb)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Of course, the decidedly jaded will argue this whole affair was but a clever strategy by the family to shame America and capitalize on the results. ;)
Ah, the jaded...but then green is such an uncomplementary shade on the whole. :shocked:

I suspect the young fellow and family are simply taking advantage of a terrific opportunity to advance him and their betterment in a setting where instead of being reviled and used by a large section of hostile people with their own agenda he'll be uniformly celebrated by a large section of hostile people with their own agenda.

And all for building a clock...only in America. Or mostly. :D

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Ah, the jaded...but then green is such an uncomplementary shade on the whole. :shocked:

I suspect the young fellow and family are simply taking advantage of a terrific opportunity to advance him and their betterment in a setting where instead of being reviled and used by a large section of hostile people with their own agenda he'll be uniformly celebrated by a large section of hostile people with their own agenda.

And all for building a clock dissassembling a clock and reassembling it in a shoe box to look like a bomb...only in America. Or mostly. :D

ficksed that for ya sparky :thumb:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The boy who built the timer for his bomb and called it a clock is hanging out with jihadists.

View attachment 20631

Colonel Samir Jaja said:
"Don't leave anybody alive. If we leave these people in this place, they will support the rebels against the government. The area must be emptied so the rebels can't find any help and have to leave the country.""Rape the women, kill the children. Leave nothing,"

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
12191783_10153723407823188_6979377830386292817_n.jpg

Quetzal

So.... are you saying that you think he isn't actually suing the city?
Nah, I was just pickin on ya for using a source called "Young Cons". :chuckle: Okay, seriously though, the kid has gotten quite a bit from this. If this turns out to be the case then I would be pretty upset. At this point, it would appear to me that his family is just milking this for all it is worth.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
now, to be fair, we are talking about NYC - prolly more lawyers per capita than anywhere except DC