The cigar lounge

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I smoked a Berger&Argenti on Saturday. Complex would be the word, nothing stood out like so many cigars now.

Dang man, I haven't had a cigar, good or bad, for some months now.

With the weather turning, I bummed a smoke off of somebody else. And turned in my order to CI.

copy and paste from the one with the infraction for Knight

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Whoa!!! Really??

Me too!

There are not many cigars on the face of the earth that can compete with a Padron.

1964 Imperial Natural is on the way.

The wrapper on this cigar has a prelight aroma of aged tobacco and wood while the foot displays more complexity of cocoa, cinnamon, red pepper and cedar. The first few draws are filled with rich complex notes of dark chocolate, hay and black pepper which lingers for a while on the finish. The first third introduces the main profile of nuts, cedar, leather and black pepper. This cigar has a good amount of spice scattered in every draw and the overall texture is creamy with medium dominance of cedar. The complexity is above average and the strength is already a medium plus.

The next third continues with similar notes of nuts, leather, wood and black pepper. But I also notice cocoa coming through this section as well. The leather has hint of richness and the nuts has subtle sweetness. I noticed a cherry note that was more pronounced in the first cigar than the second but it certainly deserves a mention because it is distinct. The strength feels like it’s just a notch or two below a full and the body is sitting at a medium plus with good depth. Once again, the flavor profile doesn’t dramatically change for the last third as cocoa, leather, wood with bursts of red pepper are noticeable. Cocoa seems to have a deeper taste with cedar sitting in the background. The strength is easily full, body reaches full and the complexity is very good.

rainee

Who wants to mix the smell of dark chocolate with hay?

Who wants a mixture of what smells like nuts, cedar, leather and black pepper?

You're putting things in your mouth nobody would want to eat. :shocked:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1964 Imperial Natural is on the way.
Heh. Smoking one at this very moment. Big sign on my patio door "Do Not Disturb", too. I picked up two ($28 ea.) at my local lounge last week.

I wish I could afford a box of these. Just have to settle for my Punch Rothschilds for the time being.

I made a decision to cut way back on cigar smoking last month. Going from around five a day to one or two per week. I will probably end up at about two per month by the time I reach 65 years of age. That, or eating lots of dog food in my retirement days. ;)

AMR

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
CI fulfillment shipping is here. :banana:

At this price, it should come with a bottle of Brandy.

Letsargue

OK, guys it's time to talk cigars. I never thought I would end up smoking cigars but now that I am older I have found that I very much enjoy a fine cigar on occasion.

Don't get me wrong... I don't smoke everyday, not even every week. Only once or twice a month will I set aside some time to relax and enjoy a fine cigar with a delicious drink amongst friends.

Therefore... if you are a cigar smoker lets talk! What's your favorite type of smoke? How often do you smoke? Where do you smoke?

My all-time favorite smoke is the Padron 1964 Annversario (maduro).

I Chew. - I Grow and Make my OWN!! - I am a FOOL!!! -- I quirt smoking!! - I quit drinking, I JUST CHEW and spit on that world!!!

Paul, David -- 081314

rainee

And there ya go. A man from tobacco country shows you what you all have to look forward to. Soon will I be able to tell any of you part? Already lines are being blurred, yes?

(Hi Letsargue! Hug - oh and why does it say Paul and David in your sig, may I ask?)

Letsargue

And there ya go. A man from tobacco country shows you what you all have to look forward to. Soon will I be able to tell any of you part? Already lines are being blurred, yes?

(Hi Letsargue! Hug - oh and why does it say Paul and David in your sig, may I ask?)

The Carnal "Family Name" is - Meginn, - MY "Given" Names are - Paul & David. - As I walk your earth, I am -- "Paul David Megnin".

Paul, David -- 081314

rainee

The Carnal "Family Name" is - Meginn, - MY "Given" Names are - Paul & David. - As I walk your earth, I am -- "Paul David Megnin".

Paul, David -- 081314

Well hello Paul David, Glad to meet you :)

I hope it is okay that I do not give my family name, I was raised to not give out lots of personal info -- although geeky people prolly can tell who we are and where.

Oh and for now isn't this your and my earth? Not our permanent home but where we belong for now! Yes?

Letsargue

Well hello Paul David, Glad to meet you :)

I hope it is okay that I do not give my family name, I was raised to not give out lots of personal info -- although geeky people prolly can tell who we are and where.

Oh and for now isn't this your and my earth? Not our permanent home but where we belong for now! Yes?

And my earth?? - Well -- Yes, but I have to put it in; - it's my carnal body's earth that has nothing, and am not suppose to place value on anything other than surviving till the body stops, and I can go back home where I belong, until sent to another carnal body this same way. -- Is that to far fetch to you?? -- Can you not ( Remember )??

Paul, David -- 081314

rainee

And my earth?? - Well -- Yes, but I have to put it in; - it's my carnal body's earth that has nothing, and am not suppose to place value on anything other than surviving till the body stops, and I can go back home where I belong, until sent to another carnal body this same way. -- Is that to far fetch to you?? -- Can you not ( Remember )??

Paul, David -- 081314
No, that is not far fetched because we are the strangers in a strange land just like Abraham was, yes?

But Paul says something about not wanting us out of this world,
I mean while we are here...
So Paul, David, that is why you are here and why I am here and why they are here, maybe? This is the world or part of it anyway. Yes?

Letsargue

No, that is not far fetched because we are the strangers in a strange land just like Abraham was, yes?

But Paul says something about not wanting us out of this world,
I mean while we are here...
So Paul, David, that is why you are here and why I am here and why they are here, maybe? This is the world or part of it anyway. Yes?

OOHHH Dear rainee~, (( !!!! )). the Time "Under the Sun" is about to run out AGAIN, in the Spiritual this TIME, to the NO TIME, - "Under Heaven" -- I likely will be gone to bring it. That's what We do.

Paul, David -- 081414

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nice to see the Nat Sherman Epoca getting noticed in the CigarDojo awards for 2014. Smoked several of them (Prince, Admiral) this year and they were surprisingly more than I expected for an $8-$9 cigar.