The cigar lounge

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight....the El Titan De Bronze Redemption Habano Robusto that you spoke of some time ago...how much did you say one will set you back?

TWO weeks to a friend of mine coming into town and I'm gathing my notes on stuff to buy...
If you buy one from here, it will cost you about $6.

But if I were you I would buy this.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In celebration of CIGARBEQUE 2011... I started off with a 601 Maduro robusto by Don Pepin Garcia. This box pressed cigar has great construction and near perfect draw and burn. The flavor is very peppery. It's a great smoke if you like peppery cigars.

43a5ec6c-29d3-3723.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OK, guys it's time to talk cigars. I never thought I would end up smoking cigars but now that I am older I have found that I very much enjoy a fine cigar on occasion.

What convinced you to try one? Another smoker? He had it lit up, and the aroma was in fact, too much not want and try?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
In celebration of CIGARBEQUE 2011... I started off with a 601 Maduro robusto by Don Pepin Garcia. This box pressed cigar has great construction and near perfect draw and burn. The flavor is very peppery. It's a great smoke if you like peppery cigars.

43a5ec6c-29d3-3723.jpg

I too will celebrate CIGARBEQUE 2011 with you, I am enjoying one of the El Cobre Double Fuerte's I have left. Tastes much like a Padron 2000 maduro. I'm lazy from a hard day at work so, I will forego the pic tonight, just know it is good and relaxing....ahhh bliss...

zoo22

For CIGARBEQUE 2011 I'm on my back deck, alone (but for the music), with a non-label, fresh, hand-rolled, Cuban-seeded (Dominican) robusto (Maduro). Very lush. Wallop. Huge white smoke. Awful burn, but a favorite new find. Tiki torches are lit, it's a clear and beautiful night, incredible view. I've already decided I'm going to open a bottle of wine, have a glass and light another...

Edit: To kick it all in, The Dodgers just launched their opening night fireworks display... It's right over the hill from me; a crazy, sprawling fireworks view from the back deck. Front seat... Huge fireworks are lighting up the skyline. Steve Earl w/ Emmylou Harris as a soundtrack. I feel very fortunate. (Plus this 2nd robusto is burning very evenly so far.)

Last edited:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Knight have you smoked any more of those Nica Libre's? I was thinking of ordering a 5 pack and was curious if you would buy them again or if it is a pass for you. Let me know...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For CIGARBEQUE 2011 I'm on my back deck, alone (but for the music), with a non-label, fresh, hand-rolled, Cuban-seeded (Dominican) robusto (Maduro). Very lush. Wallop. Huge white smoke. Awful burn, but a favorite new find. Tiki torches are lit, it's a clear and beautiful night, incredible view. I've already decided I'm going to open a bottle of wine, have a glass and light another...

Edit: To kick it all in, The Dodgers just launched their opening night fireworks display... It's right over the hill from me; a crazy, sprawling fireworks view from the back deck. Front seat... Huge fireworks are lighting up the skyline. Steve Earl w/ Emmylou Harris as a soundtrack. I feel very fortunate. (Plus this 2nd robusto is burning very evenly so far.)
:ha: I'm honored that you celebrated CIGARBEQUE with me!!! :BRAVO:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight have you smoked any more of those Nica Libre's? I was thinking of ordering a 5 pack and was curious if you would buy them again or if it is a pass for you. Let me know...
Nica's are fantastic!!!

They are number three on my "favorites" list right now.

1. Padron Anniversario
2. Pinar Del Rio Seleccion Reserva Limitada
3. Nica Libre
4. El Titan De Bronze Redemption (Habano Sun Grown)

The list might change when we eventually get our hands on some El Titan Maduros.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I tried some CAO Gold Maduros during CIGARBEQUE. Decent flavor but terrible construction. I would not buy them again. As soon as you cut them they start falling apart. Also, they are so mild that you don't really get much flavor from them. It's not a bad flavor mind you, but it's just not enough flavor for my liking. They are beautiful to look at however.

43a5ec6c-725c-f5a8.jpg

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Nica's are fantastic!!!

They are number three on my "favorites" list right now.

1. Padron Anniversario
2. Pinar Del Rio Seleccion Reserva Limitada
3. Nica Libre
4. El Titan De Bronze Redemption (Habano Sun Grown)

The list might change when we eventually get our hands on some El Titan Maduros.

Yes, I agree I also cannot wait to try the El Titan Maduros. I'm waiting on the guy to e-mail me when they arrive. They must be good they are on backorder for every U.S. supplier according to this guy. Anywho I am going to order a 5 pack then and give them a whirl, I guess while I'm at it I will order a 5 pack of the Pinar's also since you have them as #2 :chuckle:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I tried some CAO Gold Maduros during CIGARBEQUE. Decent flavor but terrible construction. I would not buy them again. As soon as you cut them they start falling apart. Also, they are so mild that you don't really get much flavor from them. It's not a bad flavor mind you, but it's just not enough flavor for my liking. They are beautiful to look at however.

You know I have tried a lot of CAO's they seemed to be better before they got big. I too have had construction, and burn issues with them on the more recent ones I have had. Maybe it's my imagination :idunno:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Right now I am smoking a cigar that I have aged in my box that I keep at the cigar shop. This is an Astral robusto natural/connecticut wrapper, I have had this cigar sitting for roughly 8-9 years! yes, you read that right 8-9 years. I bought two at the time the first seemed green/immature so I put this one away and forgot about it. I recently brought it home and tonight I lit it up. I first need to tell you the cellophane was yellowish brown from age. The burn is perfect, the flavor is so smooth and creamy it is hard to describe except for tasty.The point of this post is to show how good cigars get with age as long as they are properly cared for. A lot like wine they mellow out and give forth a different flavor than when the were young. So put one aside once in awhile, it may be even better later....:D:

P.S. Knight sorry no pix the camera battery was dead :(