THE CHURCH IS NOT THE BRIDE OF CHRIST

beloved57

The body is a unit, though it is composed of many parts. And although its parts are many, they all form one body. So it is with Christ.
1 Cor 12:27
The phrase “the Body of Christ” is a common New Testament metaphor for the Church (all those who are truly saved).
2 Cor 11:2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him.
Again in Eph 5
27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.
Then another in Rev 19
7 Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
and his bride has made herself ready.

We are arguing over semantics!
Do you believe the OT Saints are part of that One Body ?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have a thread dedicated to these things where I explained my views

But you never respond to criticism of your explanations, reverting to things like "I've explained it elsewhere" or "did you read my OP" or simply mocking the person who is challenging you.

I myself have put a straightforward question to you multiple times, asking you about what scripture says practically verbatim, and you have simply refused to acknowledge what it says, even to the point of denying what it says.

Agent

It is God who has chosen them through his beloved Son Christ Jesus. (Eph. 1:4; 2 Thess. 2:13; 2 'rim. 2:4; Jas. 2:5; 1 Pet. 2: 4) Those who arc chosen to be of the royal 206 Deliverance line are called or invited by the Lord God, through his beloved Son Christ Jesus. (1 Cor. 1: 2; 7: 15; Eph. 4: 4 ; Col. 3 : 15; 1 Thess. 2: 12) Cannot priest or clergyman of some church denomination call a sinner to become a part of the kingdom of God and then choose him for that purpose 1 Neither a priest nor any other clergyman possesses any such power or authority. The Scriptures alone must be the guide as to how these are called and chosen. The only way for sinners to come to God is through Jesus Christ, as he states: " Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14: 6)

Agent

The only writer of scripture that uses that "common New Testament metaphor" is Paul.
I am at a loss for the body is not the bride of Christ! If some reference was given to definitions such as some theologian or philosopher such as Thomas Aquinas or Avicenna then maybe I would be on the same page. If for example the body of Christ is the wafer for communion and the blood of Christ is the wine in the chalice; therefore the body of Christ is not the bride of Christ, then maybe I could follow the argument. Apart from Transubstantiation, I don't seem to follow this line of reasoning. Again some sort of reference is necessary for me to follow this argument.

DAN P

And in Matt 8:11 That many SHALL COME from the East and West , and SHALL sit down with Abraham , and Isaaic , and Jacob , in the KINGDOM of HEAVEN .

The Greek words SHALL COME / HEKO is a verb in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD and that means it is a FACT .

SHALL SIT DOWN / ANAKLINO is also in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE , INDICATICE MOOD and is a FACTUAL TRUTH .

So B57 , when in the FUTURE does all this happen ?

Who preaches what the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN , means , a hint for you , the 12 apostles , like in Matt 10:7 NOT PAUL , get it ?

The Greek words THE KINGDOM / BASILEIO is in the DATIVE CASE is the Direct Object , or the reference about the Kingdom .

And HEAVEN / OURANOUS , is in the GENITIVE CASE , which is Israel's possession !

The B O C possessions will be in HEAVEN where we will govern ANGELS as written in 1 Cor 6:3 .

dan p

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I am at a loss for the body is not the bride of Christ! If some reference was given to definitions such as some theologian or philosopher such as Thomas Aquinas or Avicenna then maybe I would be on the same page. If for example the body of Christ is the wafer for communion and the blood of Christ is the wine in the chalice; therefore the body of Christ is not the bride of Christ, then maybe I could follow the argument. Apart from Transubstantiation, I don't seem to follow this line of reasoning. Again some sort of reference is necessary for me to follow this argument.
The host.

If you don't like that, "the cracker". It's not a, "wafer", as wafers dissolve in your mouth. The host requires real mastication in order to safely swallow. The host is definitely bread, in the way a cracker is bread. And matzo.