THE CHURCH IS NOT THE BRIDE OF CHRIST

DougE

2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Paul here is not saying the church, the body of Christ, is the bride of Christ. Paul is using espousal to illustrate the faithfulness and purity of the church unto Christ Jesus.

The relationship the church has with Christ is expressed by marriage. Christ is the head of the church just as the husband is head of the wife (Ephesians 5:23).

Paul is admonishing the church for following other apostles and another gospel (2 Corinthians 11:4).

The bride of Christ is a city as seen by Revelation 21:9-10.

oatmeal

the Christian believers are members in particular in the body of Christ

I Corinthians 12:

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

beloved57

2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Paul here is not saying the church, the body of Christ, is the bride of Christ. Paul is using espousal to illustrate the faithfulness and purity of the church unto Christ Jesus.

The relationship the church has with Christ is expressed by marriage. Christ is the head of the church just as the husband is head of the wife (Ephesians 5:23).

Paul is admonishing the church for following other apostles and another gospel (2 Corinthians 11:4).

The bride of Christ is a city as seen by Revelation 21:9-10.
Yes the bride of Christ is the Church, His wife !

Bradley D

Christ is the head of the church. The church is to follow Christ believing in His Salvation and Word. If a church does not it is not a church of Christ. Faith, Hope, Charity.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
The Church is the Body of Christ.
The Church is the Bride of Christ.

There is only one Body of Christ.
There is only one Bride of Christ.

Bradley D

The Church is the Body of Christ.
The Church is the Bride of Christ.

There is only one Body of Christ.
There is only one Bride of Christ.
The Church being called the Bride of Christ explains how the Church is united with Christ as their Saviour.

Philippians 2:2
"then make my joy complete by being of one mind, having the same love, being united in spirit and purpose."

Pipiripi

How can it be that many of you talking about part of the body of Jesus Christ, but are not keeping His Commandments. And His Commandments are the same as His Father Commandments.

Are you one of these person, Revelation 12:17and Revelation 14:12? This people Jesus Christ has declared is His Father son's and daughter's.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
The Church being called the Bride of Christ explains how the Church is united with Christ as their Saviour.

Philippians 2:2
"then make my joy complete by being of one mind, having the same love, being united in spirit and purpose."

He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: thus my joy therefore is fulfilled. (John 3:29)

And Jesus said unto them, Can the friends of the bridegroom fast, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast. (Mark 2:19)

The Bridegroom is also mentioned in the Parable of the Ten Virgins - Mt 25:1-13]
"Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom."

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
How can it be that many of you talking about part of the body of Jesus Christ, but are not keeping His Commandments

And how exactly do you know that people here are not keeping his commandments.

Oh wait, let me guess: Are you a Seventh Day Adventist?

Right Divider

Body part
The BODY OF Christ is NOT the "bride of Christ"

The Lord's BODY cannot also be His "bride".

If you do not understand figures of speech, you will always be confused by the Bible, as it uses TONS of them.

Bradley D

How can it be that many of you talking about part of the body of Jesus Christ, but are not keeping His Commandments. And His Commandments are the same as His Father Commandments.

Are you one of these person, Revelation 12:17and Revelation 14:12? This people Jesus Christ has declared is His Father son's and daughter's.
How do you know we are not keeping the commandments. I read the 10 Commandments everyday. When an evil imagination of the heart (Gen. 8:21) comes I pray for forgiveness.

Pipiripi

How do you know we are not keeping the commandments. I read the 10 Commandments everyday. When an evil imagination of the heart (Gen. 8:21) comes I pray for forgiveness.
Reading the 10 Commandments and not doing what it says, is the same as not knowing it.

Do you go to church Saturday day?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
No I am not attending a church now. My church is in my room. I am a bit of a monk.
You're always welcome at Catholic (and I'm sure also at Orthodox) Mass, just don't receive Communion unless you're actually Catholic or Orthodox, and in full communion with the Church.

Lots of monks were and are Catholic or Orthodox.